Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,422 members, 7,853,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8847376 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13588) (13589) (13590) (13591) (13592) (13593) (13594) ... (14210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
raumdeuter:

What is the point of casting the boy openly in the media when he didnt have anything to do with the game on Sunday

Simple, "I prefer other players to him" or "other players fit our tactics better at this time"

That ETH comment is straight out of Mourinho playbook of scapegoating players
He just might be frustrated with Sancho's attitude as we all are. I am sure if Bayern paid so much for a player and he flops you wouldn't mind your coach and management calling him out.

Bayern's management is notorious for calling out underperforming players.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Cringe boss. Really cringe. 😐
The ozuor no know say that na prejudistic comment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 7:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
I don't know why people will still be hating on Greenwood
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:25pm On Sep 05, 2023
patrickmuf:
He just might be frustrated with Sancho's attitude as we all are. I am sure if Bayern paid so much for a player and he flops you wouldn't mind your coach and management calling him out.

Bayern's management is notorious for calling out underperforming players.

The coach can call him out in the dressing room or if he did something specific in the game. but a game where Sancho didn't have anything to do with and was on his own. A game where fans are already upset so you just flashed torchlight on who they will vent on

Assuming it was even when everyone was in a good mood after a good derby win, Not after a bitter loss and body dey pepper everyone
If he continues in that light, He will soon become like Mourinho where players will be fighting him at every stop. That is one thing I hate about Mourinho scapegoating people

Coaching is more of managing personalities and actually massaging their egos

You will see Klopp saying "Lovren oh that is the best player I have ever trained, he reminds me of Maldini",
"Karius wow fantastic outstanding player I cant pick who is better between him and prime Buffon, Allison has to learn from Karius"
(while Karius is on his 17th loan to Moldovia)"
Even though some of you will call them fake but its their management style that makes players loyal to them

Management calling you out even though bad is different from coaches calling you out in public.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:25pm On Sep 05, 2023
raumdeuter:

What is the point of casting the boy openly in the media when he didnt have anything to do with the game on Sunday

Simple, "I prefer other players to him" or "other players fit our tactics better at this time"

That ETH comment is straight out of Mourinho playbook of scapegoating players
So saying a player didn't perform optimally in training is now casting in public, since when? Who made the rule? The audacity of this new generation players sha. The same coach that backed him and sent him to the mountains mid-season to recover oo.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
If na all this Gen Z dey yarn this opata I for understand, not Dayo who's old school and have seen it all during the tough era.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ellexy:
So saying a player didn't perform optimally in training is now casting in public, since when? Who made the rule? The audacity of this new generation players sha. The same coach that backed him and sent him to the mountains mid-season to recover oo.

Why does that need to be said to the media? Is it that he didn't see Sancho a few hours before or he will not see Sancho a few hours later?

Its like a boyfriend or girlfriend choosing to call you out on SM when they just left the same house this morning and will see you physically soon
what is the coach hoping to gain

Or at your work your Dept head whose cubicle is just beside you and gets to the company townhall to call you out?

Tell me what exact reason will make a coach call his player out in media when he didnt have anything to do with the game

If he made an error in the game and the coach referred to it that even makes sense. but player wey no even dey bench?

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2023
Pep called Philips fat, told the press De bruyne needs to learn the basics of football again, De Bruyne told Pep to Shut up during a match etc It's only at United small normal things that occur at every club is blown into bigger proportion.

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Ekelebe stunner. Na me be your father. 👌

Na you mud him Maale 🤣🤣
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
raumdeuter:

Why does that need to be said to the media? Is it that he didn't see Sancho a few hours before or he will not see Sancho a few hours later?

Its like a boyfriend or girlfriend choosing to call you out on SM when they just left the same house this morning and will see you physically soon
what is the coach hoping to gain

Or at your work your Dept head whose cubicle is just beside you and gets to the company townhall to call you out?

Tell me what exact reason will make a coach call his player out in media when he didnt have anything to do with the game

If he made an error in the game and the coach referred to it that even makes sense. but player wey no even dey bench?
He said it cos the media asked and ETH answered full stop. He didn't just say it out of the blue or to just prove a point. Saying a player didn't train well shouldn't be causing all this controversy, it happens every now and then.

The culprit himself has a history of poor training from all his previous clubs to the national team. That ETH said it for the first time shouldn't be causing unnecessary controversy. Sancho's just stupid here.

This isn't boyfriend and girlfriend issue and ETH didn't run to the media complaining about Sancho. Enough with all this drama queens in Man U.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ellexy:
If na all this Gen Z dey yarn this opata I for understand, not Dayo who's old school and have seen it all during the tough era.

I have seen it happen in old times and in new times and it never ends well. Bayern is called FC Hollywood for things like that and it always end up disrupting the team. Players revolt, coaches get sacked and team generally get disrupted
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Havertz29s: 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2023
MorataFC:
abeg, If you want to troll let's be mindful of our words.
Thanks.
Rest abeg undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ellexy:
He said it cos the media asked and ETH answered full stop. He didn't just say it out of the blue or to just prove a point. Saying a player didn't train well shouldn't be causing all this controversy, it happens every now and then.

The culprit himself has a history of poor training from all his previous clubs to the national team. That ETH said it for the first time shouldn't be causing unnecessary controversy. Sancho's just stupid here.

This isn't boyfriend and girlfriend issue and ETH didn't run to the media complaining about Sancho. Enough with all this drama queens in Man U.

If someone ask you in media about a subordinate are you saying you dont have other means of responding to them than throwing them under the bus especially after a tough game when the team lost and this player had nothing to do with it

How is Sancho stupid? The coach called him out in public and he replied, Not like he as the one who called a press conference to blast the coach
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2023
raumdeuter:

The coach can call him out in the dressing room or if he did something specific in the game. but a game where Sancho didn't have anything to do with and was on his own. A game where fans are already upset so you just flashed torchlight on who they will vent on

Assuming it was even when everyone was in a good mood after a good derby win, Not after a bitter loss and body dey pepper everyone
If he continues in that light, He will soon become like Mourinho where players will be fighting him at every stop. That is one thing I hate about Mourinho scapegoating people

Coaching is more of managing personalities and actually massaging their egos

You will see Klopp saying "Lovren oh that is the best player I have ever trained, he reminds me of Maldini",
"Karius wow fantastic outstanding player I cant pick who is better between him and prime Buffon, Allison has to learn from Karius"
(while Karius is on his 17th loan to Moldovia)"
Even though some of you will call them fake but its their management style that makes players loyal to them

Management calling you out even though bad is different from coaches calling you out in public.
Did you watch the video?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ellexy:
Anything to make Amala turn smoothly. You no see as he dey reference Mourinho since?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2023
raumdeuter:

I have seen it happen in old times and in new times and it never ends well. Bayern is called FC Hollywood for things like that and it always end up disrupting the team. Players revolt, coaches get sacked and team generally get disrupted
This same Ten Hag has pampered and protected Sancho all this while. He should toughen up simple. How can "he didn't train well" once result to long epistle from Sancho?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ffs, ETH even tried to be diplomatic with his choice of words and demeanour.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2023
raumdeuter:

If someone ask you in media about a subordinate are you saying you dont have other means of responding to them than throwing them under the bus especially after a tough game when the team lost and this player had nothing to do with it

How is Sancho stupid? The coach called him out in public and he replied, Not like he as the one who called a press conference to blast the coach
ETH didn't say anything out of the ordinary to warrant whatever defence Sancho put out which has caused all this drama. If that's the way to go about a little criticism that says a lot about Sancho himself.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
akwesenana:
Anything to make Amala turn smoothly. You no see as he dey reference Mourinho since?
I don't even know what he's defending. What is bad is bad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
akwesenana:

Mourinho is the most notorious coach for doing this, He is the standard for scapegoating and he does it quite regularly. Maybe thats why his career has been going down
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ellexy:
I don't even know what he's defending. What is bad is bad.

And the thing bad is a coach calling out a player in the media over a match the player has no control over
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
raumdeuter:

Mourinho is the most notorious coach for doing this, He is the standard for scapegoating and he does it quite regularly. Maybe thats why his career has been going down
Yeah, I know but wetin concern Mourinhho for Sancho and ETH brouhaha?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2023
raumdeuter:

And the thing bad is a coach calling out a player in the media over a match the player has no control over
I ask again, did you watch the video?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ellexy:
This same Ten Hag has pampered and protected Sancho all this while. He should toughen up simple. How can "he didn't train well" once result to long epistle from Sancho?

Did Mourinho not personally request for Pogba before their public fights? He didn't train well in public is why you are getting this fallouts. Na gradually every player go collect their own.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
akwesenana:
Yeah, I know but wetin concern Mourinhho for Sancho and ETH brouhaha?

Mourinho is the perfect example of a coach who adopts this method a lot and we can see what came afterwards in many cases
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
akwesenana:
I ask again, did you watch the video?

Yes I have seen the video
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
Evening pepper.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by andrewbaba44: 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2023
Getafe hear me out

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
Whether for United or another club, Greenwood will be playing football again and he'll be back banging goals. No amount of wailing from grandma's basement will change anything. Canopy analysts can keep crying grin grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
He say they will strip Argentina of world cup cheesy
Same way he told us european clubs will be lining up to sign Ronaldo when he left Manchester. This type of canopy reasoning is second to none grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
raumdeuter:

Did Mourinho not personally request for Pogba before their public fights? He didn't train well in public is why you are getting this fallouts. Na gradually every player go collect their own.

Rashford came late to a team meeting. He was late by a few seconds and ETH benched him.

After the game, Rashford was the one who went to the media to say his offence and that he was cool with it.

Before any manager can come out like that, there must've been several warnings to the player. I'm certain the coaching crew must've mentioned the issue to Sancho consistently behind back door and the later has refused to heed their words.

Sancho was on the bench for the first 3 matches and got dropped for the 4th game. That should say something. That ETH honestly answered a question about his absence doesbt necessarily mean he's scapegoating him. If he wanted to scapegoat him he would've done so last season.

Had Sancho kept mute, this issue wouldn't have turned into the drama it is now. It speaks volumes about his character and discipline. Now wey he, as a poor performer, don open mouth speak against him coach, shey na the same coach e go expect to put him in starting lineup later on?

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:28pm On Sep 05, 2023
Leyqute:

Rashford came late to a team minute. He was late by a few seconds and ETH benched him.

After the game, Rashford was the one who went to the media to say his offence and that he was cool with it.

Before any manager can come out like that, there must've been several warnings to the player. I'm certain the coaching crew must've mentioned the issue to Sancho consistently behind back door and the later has refused to heed their words.

Sancho was on the bench for the first 3 matches and got dropped for the 4th game. That should say something. That ETH honestly answered a question about his absence doesbt necessarily mean he's scapegoating him. If he wanted to scapegoat him he would've done so last season.

Had Sancho kept mute, this issue wouldn't have turned into the drama it is now. It speaks volumes about his character and discipline. Now wey he, as a poor performer, don open mouth speak against him coach, shey na the same coach e go expect to put him in starting lineup later on?

When players respond like this, they obviously do not see a future with the club anymore, as long as the coach remains the same

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13588) (13589) (13590) (13591) (13592) (13593) (13594) ... (14210) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Yungbitz(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.