Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,239 members, 7,853,219 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8845753 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13626) (13627) (13628) (13629) (13630) (13631) (13632) ... (14210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
Leyqute:

Yeah. That u21 match was today.

You can see what I was talking about the other day?

Seems as if they are rushing him. I don’t think he’s ready for that level. Yet.

The match was on Friday.

Yeah i don't think he is ready yet for that level.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2023
eph12:

All they need to do right now before ETH and his boys can start playing well is to sell the club. Apparently they're playing poorly as a protest against the Glazers

When I hear Glazer Glazer I always want to ask what should they be doing that they're not
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2023
nitrogen:

Wicked!
Abi is that not what they mean when they keep on shouting Glazers after every poor performance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2023
raumdeuter:

When I hear Glazer Glazer I always want to ask what should they be doing that they're not
Are you minding them? Most just follow the mob to shout Glazers without thinking

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2023
raumdeuter:

Thank you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2023
eph12:

See what I found though. They are claiming 10 shots on target, 7 goals conceded. I think this was after the 3rd goal
https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/alarming-andre-onana-stat-surfaces-after-man-uniteds-defeat-to-brighton/

So, your source for accurate football stats is 101greatgoals.com?

If the fake stats didn't align with your agenda, maybe you'd have read the piece or at least verify their source, a parody account on Twitter, before trumpeting it here.

I'm not against having an agenda but let's make sure it's rooted in facts and reality, not emotions or fallacy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2023
Leyqute:

If the fake stats didn't align with your agenda, maybe you'd have read the piece or at least verify their source, a parody account on Twitter, before trumpeting it here.

I'm not against having an agenda but let's make sure it's rooted in facts and reality, not emotions or fallacy.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2023
eph12:

When I said if we're being serious Rashford has to be dropped, most disagreed. Someone that offers nothing unless his shot hits the back of the net, and won't create for his teammates.

I could say that I'm Rashford's biggest critic here. He's been underwhelming since the season started.

Whenever he's not scoring goals, he offers next to nothing. But the problem is that he needs confidence and form to start scoring regularly. He needs some solid bench time.

Play for the team first before chasing personal glory.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2023
raumdeuter:

In specific terms, what should the Glazer do that they are not doing currently
It’s Glazers that made them lose to Brighton at their home.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2023
Searchingvictor:

You gerrit. We want an upgrade on Degea, not a downgrade. Onana is really a downgrade to Degea.

In which areas is Onana a downgrade on De Gea? I just want to know the reason behind your opinion. I'm curious.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2023
afrodoc2:

I wanted Diogo Costa. Onana's brain touch moments are not new to me but even i am a bit surprised at how beatable he has been.

I noticed this when I was checking him out. Lol. It's either he saves a shot or he embarrasses himself.

Fingers crossed though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2023
nitrogen:

The pressure was too much na. We sacked Ole, and quickly snapped up Ralf, the mistake they made was having him manage the team, I am sure ETH saw his performances and said no to having him around him. Plus ETH is a stubborn goat. Honestly!

The only thing that will signify progress is if ETH acknowledges his shortcomings when it concerned player recruitment, and asks for a proper doF.

If we announce a capable doF in the coming months, then there's hope. If not, the stubborn ETH will def get sacked.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2023
afrodoc2:

If you are saying they depend on the fans for direction then we are in trouble. It is this PR-driven policy that has led us to this. "What will people say" is what they think about rather than "What is the smart/right thing to do". Imagine giving a man who was not even in charge of building squads of 100-200m total control of building a squad of 500m-900m. WITH NO EVIDENCE.

They get their instructions from fans that are so fickle that they will turn on a manager after 2 poor results. There is one popular YouTuber who was selling ETH "Ten Heisenberg" T-shirts a few weeks ago. The same guy is now ETH out. grin
Meanwhile when it comes to selling the club like most fans want, they have not done that one o. But when it comes to making ridiculous decisions they obey the fans.

How do you approach United matter sef? Everything is just doom and gloom.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2023
Leyqute:

The only thing that will signify progress is if ETH acknowledges his shortcomings when it concerned player recruitment, and asks for a proper doF.

If we announce a capable doF in the coming months, then there's hope. If not, the stubborn ETH will def get sacked.

This! He should just go meet Richard and co and tell them to give him a DoF. He is making too many mistakes, even on the pitch (asides from signings), which shows that he is still a rookie in the game. Unfortunately, he’s spent 400m with only a few reasonable signings to show for it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2023
Did anyone see the ball Neto just saved now? Against Chelsea. If na Onana, na goal ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2023
Leyqute:

I just realized Onana has conceded 10 goals,not 7. Apologies

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2023
This Getafe coach no wn put starboy for match 😕
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2023
Mason Greenwood is coming on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
Leyqute:
Mason Greenwood is coming on

Yup. Crowd dey impatient sef. LOL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2023
eph12:

Abi is that not what they mean when they keep on shouting Glazers after every poor performance

My issue is the sense of entitlement. This is an entity owned by a businessman, you can’t force them to do anything. They will sell when they are ready. Football is a commercial sport, if the fans are tired and are really serious, they should stop going to the stadium.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2023
Leyqute:

I could say that I'm Rashford's biggest critic here. He's been underwhelming since the season started.

Whenever he's not scoring goals, he offers next to nothing. But the problem is that he needs confidence and form to start scoring regularly. He needs some solid bench time.

Play for the team first before chasing personal glory.
If the team is playing as a team, his goals will flow. That shouldn't be difficult for him to understand if ETH is emphasizing on it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2023
Leyqute:

In which areas is Onana a downgrade on De Gea? I just want to know the reason behind your opinion. I'm curious.

In his primary assignment which is to save goals. He's a downgrade to Degea.
We needed to shot stopper in the mould of Degea and a ball distributor.
We only bought a ball playing keeper that saving goals is a rocket science for.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2023
Chelsea play good football but their forward line dey gba..

While manutd everywhere dey gba.
Keeper oh.
Defense oh even Martinez wey dey try before.
Midfielders self casemero and co.
Forward too... Gbashford and co
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2023
Greenwood already has more crosses than Antony and Rashford combined. Don't ask me for any source

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2023
Goal ball

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2023
nitrogen:

This! He should just go meet Richard and co and tell them to give him a DoF. He is making too many mistakes, even on the pitch (asides from signings), which shows that he is still a rookie in the game. Unfortunately, he’s spent 400m with only a few reasonable signings to show for it.

You don't know maybe na the Glazers sef dey block the doF appointment. Every top club has a competent doF and we've needed one for the last decade.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2023
Greenwood press them well. Baller
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2023
Greenwood is still sharp. He will be up to speed and fully fit very soon

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2023
eph12:
Greenwood already has more crosses than Antony and Rashford combined. Don't ask me for any source

His goal attempt created the corner that turned into a goal.

He's not even 100% fit yet..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2023
Leyqute:

His goal attempt created the corner that turned into a goal.

He's not even 100% fit yet..
Yes! His ability to go both sides is a blessing. Our favorite Antony will definitely bring the ball to his left and play some nonsense shot that won't be on target
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2023
Leyqute:

You don't know maybe na the Glazers sef dey block the doF appointment. Every top club has a competent doF and we've needed one for the last decade.

Why would they block DoF appointment? People that are probably somewhere in Florida spanking babes and drinking mojito by the beach. They heavily rely on the management team to run the club.

By the way, didn’t Management bring Ralf on to take on the role and support ETH?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2023
eph12:

ETH can still come good if he accepts his own shortcomings and work on improving them. But he is a stubborn fellow. He is forming disciplinarian but he's a selective one. If he doesn't do something fast, Rasmus will flop

That's the problem. Selective discipline. Looks like another failed quest for a good manager

(1) (2) (3) ... (13626) (13627) (13628) (13629) (13630) (13631) (13632) ... (14210) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.