Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8742855 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13631) (13632) (13633) (13634) (13635) (13636) (13637) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2023
ChristoBam:

He played differently when Martial was in top form.
And no Manager would tell Rashford to play differently last season when we had Weghorst and Martial up front.

I'm struggling to understand what you're saying here. His passing depends on who he is playing with and you're okay with it because he was our top goal scorer? Are you sure you're okay?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2023
ChristoBam:

And they had Foden. Let's not start drawing up silly comparisons.
You made a very bold s statement and I countered it with an example
This was your statement here
ChristoBam:

No one's benching a player to pass a message for him to play better with the team. At the end of each match he plays, they bring out scenarios he could have done better and try to get him to play better with the ones up front.

You bench a player because you believe the team will probably fare better without him which is not the case in this point.

You guys are starting another version the Bruno/VDB thing.
Where do you see any comparison?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2023
eph12:

You made a very bold s statement and I countered it with an example
This was your statement here

Where do you see any comparison?
Read the 2nd paragraph. That's what applies in the case of benching Grealish for the likes of Foden. It's not the same with Rashford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2023
ChristoBam:

I don't even understand your post. We're talking about the options here. You're moving from the main point to talks about recruitment. Please stick to the main point.

Who are the options? You can't list one, but you're bringing examples that are not in any way related to what we're saying.

We've already seen Gernacho start two matches back to back and we all concluded it shouldn't happen again. Man couldn't even take on one player.

Martial can't play from the left. We know the issue with Sancho.

So who are we playing when we bench Rashford?

You can't even name one player and you're bringing examples wey no join.

Some of the scenarios you even listed are plain silly, especially that hazard one. You literally don't have any player playing better than Rashford at that left. You can't even mention one name. Gernacho that's even better off the bench came in and couldn't even take on one player. Tried it back to back and was dispossessed like a kid. Is that who should be starting instead of Rashford?

You are dropping names and asking me for options...Lol

If Garnacho was dropped for being bad for 2 games why then must Rashford retain his place in the team?

So, Rashford should get extended game time for him to pick up while others should be dropped for playing badly abi? And you are on about options.

Any player who is not playing well should be dropped, it's that simple...Hannibal came in and did well against Brighton. Who would have thought? Definitely not you....

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2023
eph12:

I'm struggling to understand what you're saying here. His passing depends on who he is playing with and you're okay with it because he was our top goal scorer? Are you sure you're okay?
He's not a playmaker. Yeah, it depends on who plays up front with him. His gameplay changes based on who's up front with him. He'll take on less shots if he has a clinical striker in front of him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2023
patrickmuf:
You are dropping names and asking me for options...Lol

If Garnacho was dropped for being bad for 2 games why then must Rashford retain his place in the team?

So, Rashford should get extended game time for him to pick up while others should be dropped for playing badly abi? And you are on about options.

Any player who is not playing well should be dropped, it's that simple...Hannibal came in and did well against Brighton. Who would have thought? Definitely not you....
Y'all just like arguing non-stop, don't you?

Did you watch out first two matches? Gernacho couldn't take on a single player. He was dispossessed like a little kid. Are you saying we should be starting him instead of Rashford?

I'm wondering why you can't categorically name one player that should start instead of Rashford. You keep hiding under generalizations.

Btw, Gerncaho was never even starting matches in the past. He was always coming off the bench. It's not the same as benching a Rashford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2023
ChristoBam:

He's not a playmaker. Yeah, it depends on who plays up front with him. His gameplay changes based on who's up front with him. He'll take on less shots if he has a clinical striker in front of him.
Who is asking him to be a play maker? Passing the ball to someone better positioned is not play making. Joining your team mates to win the ball back is definitely not rocket science. Being a team player is not for the lesser players only.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2023
ChristoBam:

Read the 2nd paragraph. That's what applies in the case of benching Grealish for the likes of Foden. It's not the same with Rashford.
And I'm telling you that there are many instances where best players were benched for one reason or the other, not just because there is a better option on the bench

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2023
eph12:

Who is asking him to be a play maker? Passing the ball to someone better positioned is not play making. Joining your team mates to win the ball back is definitely not rocket science. Being a team player is not for the lesser players only.

Oh,let's go to the extreme and say Rashford never passes to players in better position. I'm not even surprised y'all like going to the extreme whether it's praising or criticizing a player.

Rashford will pass to a player that's in a better position. No be today. But he tries things on whenever he fancies his chances. What he needs to learn since we've got someone like Hojlund is making the pass even if you strongly believe you'll score.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
eph12:

And I'm telling you that there are many instances where best players were benched for one reason or the other, not just because there is a better option on the bench
That's a manager heading to the sack. Benching one of the top players of your team for someone that's dropped worse performances. It's not about the replacement being better. Pep dropped Grealish because at that point playing Foden was better for the team. That's what you drop players for.

You don't drop players to appease angry reactionary fans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2023
Because Garnacho did not play well in the first two games, he should be banished for life and not given any chance again.

Quite laughable
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2023
ChristoBam:

That's a manager heading to the sack. Benching one of the top players of your team for someone that's dropped worse performances. It's not about the replacement being better. Pep dropped Grealish because at that point playing Foden was better for the team. That's what you drop players for.

You don't drop players to appease angry reactionary fans.
I agree you don't drop players because of reactionary fans. He shouldn't have dropped DDG. He made a mistake there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:44pm On Sep 18, 2023
ChristoBam:

Oh,let's go to the extreme and say Rashford never passes to players in better position. I'm not even surprised y'all like going to the extreme whether it's praising or criticizing a player.

Rashford will pass to a player that's in a better position. No be today. But he tries things on whenever he fancies his chances. What he needs to learn since we've got someone like Hojlund is making the pass even if you strongly believe you'll score.
What's even special about Hojlund that Rashford should be passing to him? Was it not 9 goals or so he scored last season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2023
Unlimited22:
Lmao Bayern Munich is on the horizon

Dey play πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Expect the unexpected. grin grin grin
It's a big match, and anything can happen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WhoDeyHause: 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2023
MorataFC:
The only unexpected thing is if Bayern score less than three goals. Even apari couldn't win them at Allianz last year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Onkoolos: 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

The only unexpected thing is if Bayern score less than three goals. Even apari couldn't win them at Allianz last year.

Man u will be the first premier league team to beat Bayern Munich at home in champions league since 10 years!!! Mark my words!!!. We will beat them narrowly on Wednesday. Just wait for it.... I can bet my life saving on it. Man u straight win. But waitoo. Is Chelsea also in champions league??

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Onkoolos: 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2023
MorataFC:
God bless u my brother. Man u always turn up against big teams!! That's what I know man u for

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2023
Oasis007:
grin

If dem like, make dem relegate, heaven no go fall. Yeye club needs a complete overhaul, from Owners, Management, Coaches and Players - ALL!
grin grin grin
as if say e come from his heart

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 8:36pm On Sep 18, 2023
Onkoolos:

That means Bayern Munich will be the first scape goat. We are still recharging from international duty , by Wednesday, All our players will be fit. I expect nothing less than 2 -0 in that match in favour of man u. We started last season poorly we ended it successfully..same will be this season. Everybody calm down
FFR
For Future Reference grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2023
MorataFC:
FFR
For Future Reference grin

That guy don kolo. He is not a Utd fan.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Onkoolos: 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2023
nitrogen:

That guy don kolo. He is not a Utd fan.

Plastic fan !! I stand with man u everytimeπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ. We did it against psg during ole time We will shock the world. πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ. We did it against Galatasaray Rooney and van persie don't forget that match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by swiz123(m): 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2023
afrodoc2:
Christobam abeg now. It is Garnacho not Gernacho. cheesy

And he insists on saying Gernacho.
I also read it as Gernacho too grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Never bet against them in a big match, I have done it in the past against PSG and it wasn't a sweet experience. (Even not once or twice that I lost a big money )
It's a big game and anything can happen.
My 2 cents grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2023
MorataFC:
Never bet against them in a big match, I have done it in the past against PSG and it wasn't a sweet experience. (Even not once or twice that I lost a big money )
My 2 cents grin

I agree with you and given how useless Tuchel is, I won't be surprised

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2023
I just watched Pep's interview. Me sef burst into laugh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2023
Ikorodu Pep don turn our club to laughing stock πŸ˜’
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2023
When are we going to start discussing about Casemiro?? You want to press for 90m but you play case and Eriksen lmao.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2023
eph12:
I just watched Pep's interview. Me sef burst into laugh.

Why the reporter sef go ask about Man Utd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Onkoolos: 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2023
MorataFC:
My 2 cents grin

You dey mind that one!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2023
afrodoc2:
Christobam abeg now. It is Garnacho not Gernacho. cheesy
πŸ˜‚ I actually know it's Garnacho now but I've used Gernacho too often that my keyboard suggests it each time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:29pm On Sep 18, 2023
odizeey:
Because Garnacho did not play well in the first two games, he should be banished for life and not given any chance again.

Quite laughable
I'm not even surprised. Naso you dey understand convos for here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2023
eph12:

I agree you don't drop players because of reactionary fans. He shouldn't have dropped DDG. He made a mistake there
Lmao you think he dropped Degea because he was unpopular with fans? Or this is one of those silly comebacks that this thread's known for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13631) (13632) (13633) (13634) (13635) (13636) (13637) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Panther7(m), eghos12(m), AdisaOwala, Sheunma and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.