Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,438 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8757099 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13665) (13666) (13667) (13668) (13669) (13670) (13671) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
Can we cut the team some slack, and give them a breather.

This was the same team that played on Wednesday night and had to fly back in preparation of an away game.

It’s interesting these things are not taken into perspective but we expect them to run for the full 90 mins playing beautiful football.

All that matters is they found a way to take the 3 points.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
lusid:
It was a borefest between two teams who played like pregnant women. Had Evans not laid that pass who knows? Rashford need to be sold. He's not the player we used to know. Hojlund hmm finger crossed. Onana despite his performance is still suspect with his late kicks. Hannibal should vacate that number ten role
Rashford needs to be sold? 😂😭

This fanbase ehhn.

We've spent how much on wingers since SAF left? Probably close to 400m. How many of them have been better than Rashford?

You want to sell Rashford and buy who?

😂 Please don't crack me up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
🎙️ | Ten Hag:

"Last year we had the most clean sheets in the Premier League. We were disciplined and followed the rules. When we do that it’s difficult to play against #mufc."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
Baldg:
Can we cut the team some slack, and give them a breather.

This was the same team that played on Wednesday night and had to fly back in preparation of an away game.

It’s interesting these things are not taken into perspective but we expect them to run for the full 90 mins playing beautiful football.

All that matters is they found a way to take the 3 points.
That's even apart from the injuries o.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
Bruno Fernandes gives his MOTM award to Jonny Evans 👏
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
I can never say Man utd played well. I'm obviously not blind.

But I went into the game with an expectation of 3 points. Given the circumstances we're in, that was what mattered the most.

But some went into the game with agendas.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 11:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
ChristoBam:

I wanted Poch so badly then. It's so funny how things have turned out lol. Those that were dropping indepth analysis about how much of an astute tactician he was are the ones suddenly calling him mid.

The man's a really good coach and will be successful here if given time. Whatever fears I had about him he totally cleared last season.

I thought he'd be that coach that'll come in and stick to his style of play while getting trashed every week. Turns out he's the direct opposite. I compared him to De Boer then.

For me the jury is still out on him considering the many injuries and off field drama he's had to deal with it but so far I feel we should have seen more from him especially in tactics and style of play but it's been underwhelming tbh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
ChristoBam:

You'll never get my point cuz your thinking is towards one direction now. And it's the sacking of the manager. It's super obvious.

When you play on an away ground in the premier league and have most of your first team players out and need 3 points more than anything in this world, that's how you end up playing!

Admit defeat? We fvcking won! What're you on about?
I hope you remember that I was the one trying to convince you to give ETH a chance even when you were not sold on him.

With our starting team today and even the options on the bench, we had enough quality to go on and dominate. You saying it was all about going out there to get the 3 pts today comes across as you making excuses.

How many players from that Burnley team will you exchange for the players we paraded? Let us praise the team when they do well and criticize when we play poorly...

You are making the mistake of thinking that criticism after a win equates to calls for the Manager's head but far from it, some of us recognize danger from miles away. We can't keep playing so poorly, we won't be always lucky.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
Ellexy:
For me the jury is still out on him considering the many injuries and off field drama he's had deal with it but so far I feel we should have seen more from him especially in tactics and style of play but's been underwhelming tbh.
Simple. It is the reason I am concerned...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
patrickmuf:
But our in-house Saul Goodman won't get it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
patrickmuf:
Very valid concern.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
ChristoBam:

Rashford needs to be sold? 😂😭

This fanbase ehhn.

We've spent how much on wingers since SAF left? Probably close to 400m. How many of them have been better than Rashford?

You want to sell Rashford and buy who?

😂 Please don't crack me up.
Like Rashford is the best winger out there...

You have a striker who looks like a good box striker yet you parade wingers who rather cut in and shoot...Lol...

It is the same reason I think Kane will struggle at Bayern because away from scoring against bottom-placed teams in that league, he will struggle against top opposition. After all, Sane rather cut in and take a shot than look for the striker. Kane will thrive with Coman and probably Gnabry (He too is a goal scorer).

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2023
ChristoBam:

Varane
Martinez
Luke Shaw
Mount(since you said Eriksen is not a guaranteed starter).
Antony
Bissaka

That's 6 first team players.

And please never compare us to City! No team can even be compared to City. They can go through a crazy injury crises and still field a super strong team. Very few can do that.
Lol...They're only a well-drilled team and nothing more. There are a lot of pointers to the fact that Pep is the genius behind the beautiful football they play.

Go watch Gundogan at Barca or Cancelo (He was very poor today but then he scored the winner so unless you watched the game you wouldn't know), and watch Sterling at Chelsea too...

Ake, Akanji, Stones, Nunes (Who noticed him at Wolves?), Kovacic and a lot of the players at City were not so highly rated before now.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
patrickmuf:
I hope you remember that I was the one trying to convince you to give ETH a chance even when you were not sold on him.

With our starting team today and even the options on the bench, we had enough quality to go on and dominate. You saying it was all about going out there to get the 3 pts today comes across as you making excuses.

How many players from that Burnley team will you exchange for the players we paraded? Let us praise the team when they do well and criticize when we play poorly...

You are making the mistake of thinking that criticism after a win equates to calls for the Manager's head but far from it, some of us recognize danger from miles away. We can't keep playing so poorly, we won't be always lucky.
There's a reason not every top team gets to the latter stages of these cup competitions.

It's because if you make too many changes, the team can look unidentifiable. That's how mid teams from championship can shock top teams in the league.

I wouldn't take any player from Burnely. But that's the first team of a manager. That's the team he planned the season with. That's the team he trusts in. That's the team he's chosen. Whatever identity they have, it's at the peak when they're together.

And no, I don't view every criticism of the manager in that light. The agenda is just so obvious when you and the other guys try to downplay the injury problems we're facing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
ChristoBam:

There's a reason not every top team gets to the latter stages of these cup competitions.

It's because if you make too many changes, the team can look unidentifiable. That's how mid teams from championship can shock top teams in the league.

I wouldn't take any player from Burnely. But that's the first team of a manager. That's the team he planned the season with. That's the team he trusts in. That's the team he's chosen. Whatever identity they have, it's at the peak when they're together.

And no, I don't view every criticism of the manager in that light. The agenda is just so obvious when you and the other guys try to downplay the injury problems we're facing.
You are trying too hard to start a 'we vs them' scenario here and it's still not working.

If we played against Liverpool, City, Spurs, Arsenal or even Chelsea then the injury concerns will come into play but no Burnley (Fvcking Burnley!)...We had enough quality to not just win but play better than we did.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
patrickmuf:
Lol...They're only a well-drilled team and nothing more. There are a lot of pointers to the fact that Pep is the genius behind the beautiful football they play.

Go watch Gundogan at Barca or Cancelo (He was very poor today but then he scored the winner so unless you watched the game you wouldn't know), and watch Sterling at Chelsea too...

Ake, Akanji, Stones, Nunes (Who noticed him at Wolves?), Kovacic and a lot of the players at City were not so highly rated before now.
I'm not going to start arguments about that City team. There's a reason Cancelo was frozen out of the squad. Sterling was also very mid before he was sold. I'm not even arguing the fact Pep is the secret behind their style of play. Just stating the fact about those players.

My point is don't compare our team to City's. No one does. A few injuries will only affect them a little. They can field their 2nd team and easily beat anyone. No team has that luxury, even Madrid.

Btw, Ten Hag had a system like that at Ajax also. Mid players looked like world beaters. VDB looked like the next best thing. De ligt looked like something else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
patrickmuf:
You are trying too hard to start a 'we vs them' scenario here and it's still not working.

If we played against Liverpool, City, Spurs, Arsenal or even Chelsea then the injury concerns will come into play but no Burnley (Fvcking Burnley!)...We had enough quality to not just win but play better than we did.
Lol all of these things are in your head. Cuz you obviously want the manager out and I don't. What's my business with me vs them? All I'm doing is stating facts.

We probably would have played better if we used a midfield of Casemiro, Eriksen anBruno. But the question is would we have won? I seriously doubt. We needed the 3 points and got it. The gameplan no matter how annoying it was worked.

I'd be all out for Ten Hag if we didn't have these crazy injury problems.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
ChristoBam:

I'm not going to start arguments about that City team. There's a reason Cancelo was frozen out of the squad. Sterling was also very mid before he was sold. I'm not even arguing the fact Pep is the secret behind their style of play. Just stating the fact about those players.

My point is don't compare our team to City's. No one does. A few injuries will only affect them a little. They can field their 2nd team and easily beat anyone. No team has that luxury, even Madrid.

Btw, Ten Hag had a system like that at Ajax also. Mid players looked like world beaters. VDB looked like the next best thing. De ligt looked like something else.

In the league, not anywhere else. Plus no one rates that shitty league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
ChristoBam:

You know the bolded is true yet you weren't initially in support of his appointment.

My worry is that I supported him in lieu of the bolded but nothing points to the fact that he is on the way to establishing a recognizable latter of play here which is very disturbing...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
ChristoBam:

Lol all of these things are in your head. Cuz you obviously want the manager out and I don't. What's my business with me vs them? All I'm doing is stating facts.

We probably would have played better if we used a midfield of Casemiro, Eriksen anBruno. But the question is would we have won? I seriously doubt. We needed the 3 points and got it. The gameplan no matter how annoying it was worked.

I'd be all out for Ten Hag if we didn't have these crazy injury problems.
Was it part of the game plan to have them hit the post and have Onana making saves to keep us in the game?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:27am On Sep 24, 2023
nitrogen:

In the league, not anywhere else. Plus no one rates that shitty league.
There's a reason I mentioned those set of players. We saw what they did in the UCL. They dominated in every single game they played. Both home and away.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:36am On Sep 24, 2023
patrickmuf:
You know the bolded is true yet you weren't initially in support of his appointment.

My worry is that I supported him in lieu of the bolded but nothing points to the fact that he is on the way to establishing a recognizable latter of play here which is very disturbing...
I stated the reason so many times. Most of the managers that play that way are usually rigid. I thought he was going to come in and try to play only that way without making the concessions he's had to make. That's the reason I was comparing him to De Boer then.

As for the recognizable style of play, the injuries we've suffered definitely didn't help things.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:40am On Sep 24, 2023
patrickmuf:
Was it part of the game plan to have them hit the post and have Onana making saves to keep us in the game?
Did they score? All these fine margins didn't mean much when we should have beaten Tottenham and Arsenal if things went our way. So let's not starting with the matches we're actually winning.

We also had a goal wrongfully ruled out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:41am On Sep 24, 2023
chrisley024:
Next game is Carabao cup vs Palace. Opportunity to try other players and fullbacks from the academy

I don’t think any academy full back is ready for the next game. I don’t know how we will do it. Maybe Dalot at LB and somebody at RB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 1:52am On Sep 24, 2023
Asked whether he was angry with Rodri, Guardiola said: "Yes. I don't like to play with 10 for our faults. I said at half-time, be careful guys. The game has been in a position where we are comfortable. Relax, control your emotions. Unfortunately Rodri didn't do it.

"Hopefully Rodri will learn. The game was perfect [for] 35 minutes and after that it became a little bit chaos. That wasn't our responsibility, that's for sure. But Rodri had to control himself and his emotions. Because I can get a yellow card but Rodri can't get a yellow card but I don't play."

Guardiola was also asked whether he expected Rodri to apologise for giving his teammates a man short for almost the entire second half.

"He has done it," the City manager said.

Pep hounding RODRI...Thunder fire Scamcho and his handlers infact he can fvck off with the apology..

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:14am On Sep 24, 2023
CrystalTiger:
Asked whether he was angry with Rodri, Guardiola said: "Yes. I don't like to play with 10 for our faults. I said at half-time, be careful guys. The game has been in a position where we are comfortable. Relax, control your emotions. Unfortunately Rodri didn't do it.

"Hopefully Rodri will learn. The game was perfect [for] 35 minutes and after that it became a little bit chaos. That wasn't our responsibility, that's for sure. But Rodri had to control himself and his emotions. Because I can get a yellow card but Rodri can't get a yellow card but I don't play."

Guardiola was also asked whether he expected Rodri to apologise for giving his teammates a man short for almost the entire second half.

People hounding RODRI...Thunder fire Scamcho and his handlers infact he can fvck off with the apology..

Pep went about it in a very different way. Check out how he presented the case to the press.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 2:21am On Sep 24, 2023
nitrogen:

Pep went about it in a very different way. Check out how he presented the case to the press.

I've had to compare what Pep said about a player of Rodri's status in that team to what ETH said about Scamcho and I say again thunder fire Scamcho and his handlers..

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:39am On Sep 24, 2023
nitrogen:
3 pts and a clean sheet
Yes o. We finally got a clean sheet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2023
Rashford has always been like this. The only difference is that he is not getting the odd goal or assist to mask his poor performances.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 7:51am On Sep 24, 2023
Jokerman:
| Ten Hag:

"[Hannibal] brought energy in the team but the pressing from Rasmus Højlund was very good. We controlled the game in that spell."

[via @ShamoonHafez]
Yeah, they controlled the game cos that was how they wanted Burnley to have the possession, penetrate us with and keep mounting pressure pelu gbogbo Case and Mac in midfield o. This wayray coach even though I will keep supporting him, himself needs a reset in his brain. Apart from the goal Fernandez scored yesterday, he did nothing playing on the rw and this isn’t the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time he played him there. That Tashford case I don tire e just be like say the guy brain don comot en head

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Softwareguy21: 7:52am On Sep 24, 2023
Jokerman:

Let's ask Dutch Alan Pardew when man utd controlled the game 🤣
controlling the game is not necessarily having the ball
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bjteensdes24: 8:04am On Sep 24, 2023
CrystalTiger:

Pep hounding RODRI...Thunder fire Scamcho and his handlers infact he can fvck off with the apology..
If na Man U he talk this, some fans would still come for his head cos he is trying to discipline not knowing what is bad is bad no matter how you want to explain it, you can’t have fact.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13665) (13666) (13667) (13668) (13669) (13670) (13671) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: patrickmuf(m), delkuf(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.