Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,438 members, 7,861,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865080 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13773) (13774) (13775) (13776) (13777) (13778) (13779) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
ChristoBam:

Lmao na now you dey count 17 months.

Firstly, he spent 2 seasons at the club. I'm not wrong to call it years. He failed totally in the 2nd.

Secondly, I'm sure most Arsenal fans can relate with the feeling that Emery's time at the club felt longer than it actually was. It was a tortuous, arduous affair that felt far longer than it actually was. So I actually believed it was more than 2.

Jodera:
Tbh, Emery even tried in his first season playing good football even though e no reach Wenger own.

But you see Arteta own in his first 18months? Omorr, you go vomit watching it. grin

I was having nightmares after each match even though I supported his appointment.

It was only after his major overhaul we started playing good football and it still wasn't immediately sef. It still took around 3-4 months (around Nov/Dec) before we could actually see the beautiful football and it was around that time the charge for top 4 was evident before we disappointedly finished 5th

Answer below🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
I could have wishes that Aaron Wan-Bissaka is the one facing Doku... I really want to see something.

I'm imagining the nightmare Dalot and his Anthony will experience at that wing.

The gorimapa of a coach go just gather his 11 players to go do their thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2023
""he was sacked after getting the longest winless run in EPL history.""

Another lie again. Seems this guy lie for a living πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2023
Trevor012:
""he was sacked after getting the longest winless run in EPL history.""

Another lie again. Seems this guy lie for a living πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

That one go package big vocabulary with lie!!!

grin grin grin grin grin... Na is followers I blame... when he package big vocabulary and long epsitle with lie , why dem no go support aaam

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
afrodoc2:

Calm down. 3rd year bawo? πŸ˜„
His second had to go use ChatGPT to bring down 1 year to 12 months. grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
akwesenana:
His second had to go use ChatGPT to bring down 1 year to 12 months. grin grin grin

grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
adebayo201:

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Wetin agenda no fit do?? grin angry grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 7:04pm On Oct 27, 2023
Englishisamust:
17 months in arsenal don turn years!!! grin grin grin. Unaa no go kill me!! Person go think say emery used 5 years in arsenal with the the way he quoted years. I had to go and used chatgbt self. Unaa no go kill person for this thread...
You're a mad man for putting the definition of "Year" grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2023
Trevor012:
""I said they played the worst football they've ever played""

Another nonsense. I will leave this part to my man Jodera 😁

I just remember that argument.

I'm waiting for any arsenal fan to come and talk anyhow. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2023
Englishisamust:

grin grin grin grin grin grin. Jodera!!!

Overhaul don fight our battles. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
Leyqute:
Jodera.

Emery at Arsenal.

Your opinion?

Nah, Emery tried at Arsenal. The failure of us not making top 4 was due to us focusing on Europa and it backfired as we lost both spectacularly

His second season was in shambles (half season) but Arteta played the most annoying and unentertaining football especially his first full season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
Omorr, I dey 6 six mentions, I come deh wonder whether I make any posts recently grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 8:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
Englishisamust:

That one go package big vocabulary with lie!!!

grin grin grin grin grin... Na is followers I blame... when he package big vocabulary and long epsitle with lie , why dem no go support aaam
Just looking at y'all fool yourself continuously. But na this one muzz me pass.

Let's even assume I didn't type out the stats correctly, you no even suppose reason that I meant for Arsenal. Not premier league clubs generally.

How TF does anyone even believe I meant all the clubs generally to the extent of Google searching it?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2023
Jodera:

Nah, Emery tried at Arsenal. The failure of us not making top 4 was due to us focusing on Europa and it backfired as we lost both spectacularly

His second season was in shambles (half season) but Arteta played the most annoying and unentertaining football especially his first full season
You feel that way about Arteta because he was trying to do things that wasn't working well with the players he had at his disposal. I remember telling my friend then that you'd get disgraced by a team that presses really effectively cuz you were trying to pass out of the back then. And you were so terrible at it. It didn't look so good then but the intention was obvious.

Emery I remember played terrible football. Y'all were just blinded by the initial results then. He had an unbeaten run we were calling okirika unbeaten then. So many last grasp wins. But you all thought you were building something so it passed as manageable.

The summer after he got and built all the nonsense he wanted to, we all saw what unfolded.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2023
Amala FC new recruit. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2023
Only baba said ask arsenal fans about Emery now he dey tell Jodera say he dey blind . Nigga said "Y'all were just blinded" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
You scored a beautiful own goal, u Kon dey call VAR... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£. The goal stand!! Fernades wannabe!!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WhoDeyHause: 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2023
Trevor012:
Only baba said ask arsenal fans about Emery now he dey tell Jodera say he dey blind . Nigga said "Y'all were just blinded" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
You like problem always. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WhoDeyHause: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
Englishisamust:
You scored a beautiful own goal u Kon dey call VAR... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
I can see you're enjoying yourself shining your yellow 32. Enjoy very well oh because I'm coming with my oraimo cord for your neck after full time whistle on Sunday evening.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
Trevor012:

Only baba trying to convince jodera grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
Englishisamust:

Only baba trying to convince jodera grin grin cheesy
The thing kon shock me o πŸ˜‚
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2023
Trevor012:

The thing kon shock me o πŸ˜‚

Only baba package long epsitle give jodera... grin grin grin!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2023
ChristoBam:

You feel that way about Arteta because he was trying to do things that wasn't working well with the players he had at his disposal. I remember telling my friend then that you'd get disgraced by a team that presses really effectively cuz you were trying to pass out of the back then. And you were so terrible at it. It didn't look so good then but the intention was obvious.

Emery I remember played terrible football. Y'all were just blinded by the initial results then. He had an unbeaten run we were calling okirika unbeaten then. So many last grasp wins. But you all thought you were building something so it passed as manageable.

The summer after he got and built all the nonsense he wanted to, we all saw what unfolded.
Lol... In the first season Emery played a lot of good football forget results.
From Fulham 5-2 win to Everton 2-0 win, to Leicester 3-1 win(this was even the best to me with Ozil masterclass) to Liverpool 1-1 draw. Even our 2-0 win against Chelsea

We would have made top 4 that season for sure but he prioritized Europa and because of that we started losing against team we weren't suppose to lose only to flounder in the final.

Emery's football in the second season was not it and it was obvious most of the players wanted him sacked. Moreover, he wasn't losing on an extended run as you opined.

Remember when Arteta took over, we were 8th. He wasn't just winning games but we weren't losing games that frequently.
As for Arteta's own, I remember we winning just once a month for like 3 months if I'm not mistaken.
There was a time all these stats showed Emery's results leading to his sack and Arteta's own and omorr, Arteta's own was worse and it wasn't even close.

Arteta's own was horrible. Very horrible to watch. If Emery own was, I would have said so.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2023
And Christobam, the last gasp wins we had under Emery was in his second season.

I remember arguing with Spy (in our thread) that this thing will haunt us cos we can't just be playing nonsense and be fluking a win, but Spy says that's the stuff of championsβ€” to grind out win even when playing badly. Well it didn't last long and it started haunting us. That's when the word "grinding machine" became popular in our thread.

We never really grind out win in his first season. In fact, he had a good pattern of play in his first season. It was just unfortunate his second season turned out wrong.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2023
ChristoBam, what can you say about Tottenham coach??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Blake755: 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2023
Wenti arsenal do una cheesy grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:43am On Oct 28, 2023
Micky Van De Ven looks like a top CB already...Very composed on the ball and hardly puts a foot wrong.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:45am On Oct 28, 2023
Jodera:
And Christobam, the last gasp wins we had under Emery was in his second season.

I remember arguing with Spy (in our thread) that this thing will haunt us cos we can't just be playing nonsense and be fluking a win, but Spy says that's the stuff of championsβ€” to grind out win even when playing badly. Well it didn't last long and it started haunting us. That's when the word "grinding machine" became popular in our thread.

We never really grind out win in his first season. In fact, he had a good pattern of play in his first season. It was just unfortunate his second season turned out wrong.
We definitely have totally different perceptions about his first season. To me, the results were good at a point in the season and that was it. The football wasn't good. It then became absolutely atrocious later on.

All of this doesn't matter Sha. Point is he failed when he got a job similar to United's. That's with all the European trophies and all. The one without any of these okirika honors turned it around. And it took a lot of time, effort and patience to turn it around.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:54am On Oct 28, 2023
These clueless ones think anyone saying Emery played good initially means he didn't generally play terrible football? 🀣.

It is the release from that atrocious football that had them go on that run that got them the FA cup. Just like Ole after Mourinho's sack.

Which manager's played the worst at United so far? How was the football initially? Does it change the fact the football was generally terrible? Smh.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:58am On Oct 28, 2023
Jokerman:
ChristoBam, what can you say about Tottenham coach??
Nothing much to say. He's been good so far. But too early to form a definite opinion about him. Just like I said earlier, the release from negative football usually has that effect initially.

I'm waiting to see how they react after they get their first loss.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:34am On Oct 28, 2023
adebayo201:
I could have wishes that Aaron Wan-Bissaka is the one facing Doku... I really want to see something.

I'm imagining the nightmare Dalot and his Anthony will experience at that wing.

The gorimapa of a coach go just gather his 11 players to go do their thing.

Doku was the weak link versus arsenal if u watch that game closely.. He always tried to dribble from the back.. Doesn't like passing quick as well.. He wants to beat his man by fire by force.. So that's definitely a way in for us.. We know he will target dalot.. We know he will beat dalot 7 times out of 10.. But those 3 times that he doesn't we have to make it count...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13773) (13774) (13775) (13776) (13777) (13778) (13779) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.