Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,660 members, 7,865,665 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:54 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8880045 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2015
I have to admit, I have found Di Maria to be very disappointing since he signed. I know he's not always been used in his best position but I've found his general crossing/final pass to be really poor,Which is a surprise to me as I used to see that as a strength of his.

I'm willing to give him a season to get used to the league as I really hope that is the issue here. But he's been performing like he's lacking confidence or something. Just seems unsure of himself and lacking confidence and composure.

Januzaj's problem is that he still feels he has a lot to prove so he spends a lot more time on the ball than he should. He should releasing the ball far quicker as he just seemed to predictable out there. He should stop squaring up to defenders so much and focus on being on the end of things.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2015
Januzaj's problem today was that he took all his dribblings to the left. That where Young has an advantage over him. Januzaj is the better dribbler, if only he could cut to his right and deliver a deadly cross with his right foot as Young would do.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2015
Fletcher move to West Ham is Off angry

West ham want a loan deal while United want a permanent move.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
later some Chelshit fans will come here to bleat about performance, see how they were hanging on throughout for a draw!

& why was Willian's prick rising just before he was subbed cheesy smd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
Van Gaal feels Reds played as a team

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal feels the Reds played as a team during the 3-1 win over Leicester City and he was happy with the result.

The Dutchman did, however, feel that his side lacked second-half punch to add to the three-goal margin, but was generally pleased with the outcome, with the 5-3 loss at the King Power Stadium avenged.

"I'm always happy when we win and when we win with three goals," he told MUTV. "Two goals' difference so I’m very pleased. We lost the away match and we have taken revenge of that.

"We have dominated the game, especially in the first half. In the second half, I wanted to kill the game but I have to admit my players did kill the game too much! They played backwards too much. I think you have to wait for the moment you can play forwards and then play it forwards. Nevertheless, we could have scored two goals more and they scored out of nothing."

When asked if he felt the side's speed of passing was quicker, he replied: "Sometimes but not in every attack. That is also not possible, though, because you have seen our opponent has defended with two rows of four and also one of the strikers dropping into his own half. Then it’s very difficult to continue with high-speed attacks so you have to be patient. Today, we were patient enough in the first half and I think we scored three fantastic goals. I'm happy as we have a great result."

A tactical system of four at the back perhaps helped the Reds look more potent and the manager was happy to discuss his system. United are in fine form, losing only once since the derby defeat to Manchester City in early November.

"The results are good but I'm looking always to the process and what our next step is now in that process," he explained. "We played today with four defenders and four midfielders and the balance in the team is also important. I’ve seen today a team that was playing like a team and then you can play with a system like this. It is more difficult in a 4-4-2 with a diamond and you have kept the balance. [There were] only two moments were we lacking in concentration and it cost us one goal."
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Jan/manchester-united-boss-louis-van-gaal-feels-reds-played-as-a-team.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

Last weekend, Leicester won their FA Cup match at White Hart Lane. May be we shouldn't complain too much.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
elampiro:

His direct shot is weak.he balloons. Na chip master.
but he was the guy releasing canons @ de Gea in Old Trafford not too long ago, did this skill suddenly die?

let's just agree anyhoo & hope LvG actually settles on a proper system for the team!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
Blind said:"We are pleased with the result. We tried to keep possession and create chances from that. We were the better team, keeping possession and scoring goals. Once you score the first goal the other team has to do something.
"We played a good game with a lot of patience and ball possession. The first-half was very good, in the second-half maybe we had too much patience. But we tried to kill the game with possession and create chances from that."
[Source: express]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2015
SailorXY:

but he was the guy releasing canons @ de Gea in Old Trafford not too long ago, did this skill suddenly die?

let's just agree anyhoo & hope LvG actually settles on a proper system for the team!

He also almost 'killed' Enyama.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
Di Maria I have known all these years is someone who took the ball from midfield, dribbled his way swiftly around opposing players into the final third. For Mardrid and Argentina, Di Maria had always been used in a three man midfield.

But Van Gaal is trying to play him as one of the front three men. This is a new role for Di Maria. He is not a striker, neither is he a natural number 10. His speed and dribblings from the deep is not utilized to the benefit of the team. Gaal is mindful of the physical battle in midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emaprince: 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2015
SailorXY:
later some Chelshit fans will come here to bleat about performance, see how they were hanging on throughout for a draw!

& why was Willian's prick rising just before he was subbed cheesy smd
shut up!!!..big headed FOOL!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
Emaprince:
that foolishness, which is the only thing of pride in your lineage can never be worse. hold it firmly & trickle it down just like it was passed on from your forefathers wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emaprince: 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
SailorXY:

that foolishness, which is the only thing of pride in your lineage can never be worse. hold it firmly & trickle it down just like it was passed from your forefathers wink
you are a cursed ediot!!..and you've been displaying it both here and chelsea thread.
Your obsession with chelsea is making you go on a hunger strike.mor.on!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2015
elampiro:
Di Maria I have known all these years is someone who took the ball from midfield, dribbled his way swiftly around opposing players into the final third. For Mardrid and Argentina, Di Maria had always been used in a three man midfield.

But Van Gaal is trying to play him as one of the front three men. This is a new role for Di Maria.
He is not a striker, neither is he a natural number 10. His speed and dribblings from the deep is not utilized to the benefit of the team. Gaal is mindful of the physical battle in midfield.

Before the arrival of bale at Madrid, which position di Maria dey play??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
Dadehmola:

Before the arrival of bale at Madrid, which position di Maria dey play??

He was not a striker. He was also not in the hole. He was a right/left winger in a 4-2-3-1.

Again he wasn't a FIFApro XI candidate then. He was not as consistent as when he was given the deeper role.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
elampiro:

He was not a striker. He was also not in the hole.

He played on the right wing

elampiro:

Right/left winger in a 4-2-3-1. Again he wasn't a FIFApro XI candidate then. He was not as consistent as when he was given the deeper role.

The bolded is what you should have said.

Even at that, his dribbling and crossing skills have always been his major strengths, so this your excuse for di Maria get as e be.

Dude has been piss-poor for a while now and needs to buckle up -simple and short!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
Dadehmola:

He played on the right wing

In a different setting. Also, is he playing as a right winger now, in a 4-2-3-1? The last time he played in the wing for us was in a 4-1-4-1.

Dadehmola:

The bolded is what you should have said.

Even at that, his dribbling and crossing skills have always been his major strengths, so this your excuse for di Maria get as e be.

Dude has been piss-poor for a while now and needs to buckle up -simple and short!!!

Dribbling primarily. I didn't know him for crossing, except set plays. Until Madrid played him in a three man midfield, he was inconsistent. His best time for us has been in the midfield. Argentina plays him in midfield. You see the connection?

We have to wait for him to learn how to play the number 10.
Or we should just return Rooney there while we play Blind, Di Maria, Fellaini/Young/Januzaj in midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
chrisley024:
Fletcher move to West Ham is Off angry

West ham want a loan deal while United want a permanent move.
can you see that my clamor for Blind to continue in his position while Carrick sits on the bench was not out of place? blaming Herrera the other day(I think that was elamps or so) for Carrick's lethargy was so out of place. we can be sentimental & say Carrick has given a lot over the years, but it just is what it is - he's no longer the best DM we have.

it's also not in the interest of the team to have them in a pivot together
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
Yeye referee just spoilt Nations cup quarter final between Tunisia and Equitorial Guinea. He awarded a most dubious penalty to the host nation to equalize in the 90th minute.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
SailorXY:

can you see that my clamor for Blind to continue in his position while Carrick sits on the bench was not out of place? blaming Herrera the other day(I think that was elamps or so) for Carrick's lethargy was so out of place. we can be sentimental & say Carrick has given a lot over the years, but it just is what it is - he's no longer the best DM we have.

When did I blame Herrera?

Take it easy though. Carrick has had good games for us. He was in the centre of action in our 6 straight wins. I was the first person who categorically stated on this thread that I prefer Blind despite Carrick praises left and right on how he made 1000 passes with 99.99% accuracy.

However, this is just one match. You have to wait before you crown Blind the kind of DMs. grin Blind was there when we conceded 5 goals in the first leg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
We should not forget too that Carrick has been playing in front of three defenders. There is always fear of expressing oneself in such setting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 12:01am On Feb 01, 2015
Emaprince:
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:22am On Feb 01, 2015
elampiro:

In a different setting. Also, is he playing as a right wing in now, in a 4-2-3-1? The last time he played in the wing for us was in a 4-1-4-1.

Bar his last season, di Maria was predominantly a winger at Madrid.

The major problem he had at Madrid was that he had to balance his attacking wingplay with defensive shifts (jose Mourihno's instructions).

elampiro:

Dribbling primarily. I didn't know him for crossing, except set plays. Until Madrid played him in a three man midfield, he was inconsistent. His best time for us has been in the midfield. Argentina plays him in midfield. You see the connection?
[b]

You probably didn't watch Madrid last season..

He might have played centrally but didn't we see him dribble out wide (from central midfield) to deliver excellent crosses /assists on numerous occasions?

Like I said earlier, the fact that his best football has come from a central position shouldn't serve as an excuse for some of his horribly poor showings of recent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:22am On Feb 01, 2015
Some times new players need time to settle. Modric was shyte in his first season at Madrid. Suarez is struggling terribly at Barca. Di Maria is not even struggling, just that he is not clinical.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:27am On Feb 01, 2015
Dadehmola:

Bar his last season, di Maria was predominantly a winger at Madrid.

The major problem he had at Madrid was that he had to balance his attacking wingplay with defensive shifts (jose Mourihno's instructions).

You probably didn't watch Madrid last season..

He might have played centrally but didn't we see him dribble out wide (from central midfield) to deliver excellent crosses /assists on numerous occasions?

Like I said earlier, the fact that his best football has come from a central position shouldn't serve as an excuse for some of his horribly poor showings of recent.

No one saw Madrid matches last season as much as I did.

Ladt season, Di Maria usually dropped deep to start a counter attack from a pass from Alonso, Modric or defenders. He carried the ball forward with so much pace allowing Ronaldo, Isco, Bale and Benzema to burst forward along or ahead of him. This doesn't mean he didnt find himself on the wing just as he did for United even in the diamond midfield.

The problem we have here is that there are not many players who can drop deep to play at same speed with Di Maria. The whole situation is compounded with the fact that RVP and Falcao are natural poachers. Non has even the speed of Benzema.

According to Garry Neville, Man United play fatser when Di Maria plays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 2:20am On Feb 01, 2015
elampiro:
Yeye referee just spoilt Nations cup semi final between Tunisia and Equitorial Guinea. He awarded a most dubious penalty to the host nation to equalize in the 90th minute.

Referee gave a penalty to a diving cünt at the 90th minute, gave a freekick at every aerial
duel, gave 2 minute stoppage time while the Guinea team dived, acted like pathetic little
b!tches and wasted time, should have been at least 5 min stoppage time, he also blew the
whistle before the time given. So unprofessional, so little respect!
African football is not going to move forward with stuffs like these happening.

karma is a b!tch........ I remember the 2004 ACN semi-final between Tunisia and Nigeria, we were rubbed in Tunis , the ref gave a dubious PK too, and they went on to win on penalties.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:25am On Feb 01, 2015
SailorXY:

Let's watch him first for the season. I must commend his football intelligence, the way he opposes opponents and tackles.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by notoriousbabe: 8:59am On Feb 01, 2015
elampiro:
Yeye referee just spoilt Nations cup semi final between Tunisia and Equitorial Guinea. He awarded a most dubious penalty to the host nation to equalize in the 90th minute.
omo I wish I had a gun,I would have shot that ref,the tunisians were robbed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:47am On Feb 01, 2015
Anderson has come to an agreement with Brazil club Internacional.
After the termination of his contract with Manchester United, which occurred on Thursday, the midfielder is expected in the state capital (Porto Alegre) to carry out medical examinations on Monday.
Club spokesman Sergio Leismann said: "He arrives on Monday, is all settled. He's happy with life."
Anderson will sign for four seasons.

[Source: globoesporte

MAN UTD FLOP ANDERSON FLYING TO BRAZIL TO COMPLETE INTERNACIONAL MOVE
Submitted by Tribal Football Staff 2 hours ago
Share on emailShare on print
as_anderson
Manchester United midfielder Anderson is expected in Brazil on Monday to sign with Internacional.

The former Gremio star will formally be leaving United, with his current deal due to expire in June.

The Mail on Sunday says Internacional want Anderson to play in the Copa Libertadores and are understood to have offered a four-year contract worth around £25,000 a week after tax with a £650,000 annual bonus.

Anderson is due in Porto Alegre with his agents on Monday for medical tests before being unveiled on Tuesday.
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-utd-flop-anderson-flying-brazil-complete-internacional-move-4061140#.VM3109J4paw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:52am On Feb 01, 2015
“We come closer every week to the way Louis van Gaal wants us to play,” Blind said. “We are on the right track and we are happy. Of course you want a clean sheet but 3-1 at home, we played a good game and it is a good result.” - BLIND.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:00am On Feb 01, 2015
Blind is man of the match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:08am On Feb 01, 2015
Rooney should forget the hollywood pass sometimes and play a nice simple pass like Blind.
Is Raphael injured?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.