Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8757968 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2012
chamotex: ^^^ Giggs + Scholes = 1 player
As soon as they came on, we lost control of the midfield.
I'm sure we can see how important Carrick is to our team.

Whoever doubts Carrick importance to our team should either be shot or lynched.
Granted he's not a Fellaini or Sandro type player but he's reading of the game is second to none in England. He reads the opposition play and makes timely interception thereby not committing senseless fouls..something I thought scholesy was going to do today given how slick Sunderland passed in the 2nd half.
I just hope he stays fit for the rest of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
...And Giggs + Scholes= 1/2 player.
They offer almost Nothing going forward and defensively they are clowns.
That's not denying the fact that they'd have their moments this season but those will be few I reckon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2012
Fergie n his old men. Instead of givin our youth d playin tym. I must say am tired of Valencia's style of play! Welbeck, Rafael or Jones cn play beta dia n any of dem can stil help in defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
well, this game was so one-sided in the first half & SIr Alex was clearly not happy! So what does he do? He decided to spice up the game a little by withdrawing Carrick for Scholes at the start of the second half! Sunderland got a goal back... great his plan was working! But he needed a photo finish to the game, Giggs was thrown on... just to add to Fergie's "exciting" drama... i don't know why he likes seeing United struggle to the final whistle undecided angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2012
^^^ ROTFLMAO grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
But seriously something needs to be done regarding Valencia. Phil Jones put in more quality crosses and passes than he did and he isn't even a natural wideman sad. I really hope we aren't letting Nani go until at least until the summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
Carrick and the whole team were awesome in the first half. some of our play was very very impressive. The passing and movement was possibly some of our best passing and movement in a while. Obviously all that went away in the 2nd half but good to see we kept our heads.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 15, 2012
ManU, needs to sign a new midfielder when the January window opens.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2012
teeo: ManU, needs to sign a new midfielder when the January window opens.
> . . . . . . No, we need to see off Scholes and Giggs.
Will Arsenal buy? A la Silvestre
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:26am On Dec 16, 2012
Emperoh:
hehehehe gbanjo! Meji 50,000pounds! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 16, 2012
Emperoh:

Giggs should go, but scholes could play one more season, he delieveres oncw in a while.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 16, 2012
adebayo201:
hehehehe gbanjo! Meji 50,000pounds! cheesy
No... We give then Giggs & Scholes, then add 50,000 on top... Make those oldies sha go
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:35pm On Dec 16, 2012
teeo:

Giggs should go, but scholes could play one more season, he delieveres oncw in a while.
a BIG FAT NO!!! them don try. Thanks, but no thanks cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2012
wey that chelshit fan with numbers as him username? wey like to vomit sshit all the time about referee favour man utd cry ? e be like say him don die undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2012
coded guy:

The defence has majorly been the culprit don't know what is wrong with them. The truth is we can never really determine a season from the last one. We scored about 89 goals n conceded 33 came 2nd on goals diff, meaning if we had conceded less we coulda won the league, this is agreeing that a tally of 89 goals should be enough to win the league, but we may also score 100 goals more tha last season and concede 40 goals also more than last season and win the league.

We just have to find a balance in the team. Its amazing how we almost always concede in every match but have shown character to outscore our opponents bar the games we lost.

Lets look at it another way, the team with most wins usually gets to be top-dogs...right!? The team that scores more goals usually ends up winning the most games...or no!?
A mean defense does not necessarily guarantee you a win, but it gives some form security knowing you're hard to beat!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2012
RuuDie:

Lets look at it another way, the team with most wins usually gets to be top-dogs...right!? The team that scores more goals usually ends up winning the most games...or no!?
A mean defense does not necessarily guarantee you a win, but it gives some form security knowing you're hard to beat!
na so dude!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:34am On Dec 17, 2012
RuuDie:

A team with most wins gets to be top dog... Yes, but a team with most goals may not necessarily win most games that's why there needs to be a balance btw scoring and conceding. We are doing ok because in games we have won we have outscored our opponent and in games we have lost the diff is not much.

Why we are particular about the defence is that, I personally cannot remeber when we have been so leaky in the defence for most part of this season which is embarrasing, but have almost always found a way of pulling a cat outta the bag spectacularly to win games.

Well I guess we are doing something right by outscoring our opponents in most of our games, they score 50 we score 51 and get the 3precious points. Chikena!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2012
RuuDie:

Im not sure i agree with you entirely(for once).
A mean defence is the foundation for a succesful side.
We had that 2007/8 and 2008/9 and we were the feared side in Europe till the Paris final.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:39am On Dec 17, 2012
StarBoard:

Im not sure i agree with you entirely(for once).
A mean defence is the foundation for a succesful side.
We had that 2007/8 and 2008/9 and we were the feared side in Europe till the Paris final.

With a prolific attack, the opposition spends three-quarters of their strategy time figuring out how to stop your team - that is your defence!

Remember the 3-1 UCL final loss to Barca; I can vividly recall that we spent all the run-up weeks to the d-day working out how to stop them playing, while they were busy printing out their "Champions" tee-shirts. How we even managed to score one sef, I still wonder till today!

Don't get me wrong, I'd also love a mean defence; but if it is going to come at the expense of this considerably menacing attack that we've managed to attain. . .No, No, No!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 17, 2012
RuuDie:

With a prolific attack, the opposition spends three-quarters of their strategy time figuring out how to stop your team - that is your defence!

Remember the 3-1 UCL final loss to Barca; I can vividly recall that we spent all the run-up weeks to the d-day working out how to stop them playing, while they were busy printing out their "Champions" tee-shirts. How we even managed to score one sef, I still wonder till today!

Don't get me wrong, I'd also love a mean defence; but if it is going to come at the expense of this considerably menacing attack that we've managed to attain. . .No, No, No!!!

The Barca game in question didn't see us in the height of our defensive powers.
We played Barca in 2008,and they couldn't score over two legs.
That's something to think about, and we were still fearsome in attack as well that period.
It's very possible to have both.
Like I said,we need only look between the seasons 2007/8 and 2008/9.
I still think a sound defence is the foundation for a championship-winning side.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
Sexy football

=====
Lovely RVP flick

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Effiko(m): 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2012
Purist: Sexy football

=====
Lovely RVP flick

lovely one-touch passing . . . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
[size=18pt]Please vote the Ashipa of Lagos AKA 4llerbuntu for Phone Section Poster Of The Year https://www.nairaland.com/1119868/2012-phone-section-poster-year/ [/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:36pm On Dec 18, 2012
StarBoard:

The Barca game in question didn't see us in the height of our defensive powers.
We played Barca in 2008,and they couldn't score over two legs.
That's something to think about, and we were still fearsome in attack as well that period.
It's very possible to have both.
Like I said,we need only look between the seasons 2007/8 and 2008/9.
I still think a sound defence is the foundation for a championship-winning side.

We're still saying the same thing. . .even in 2008, we spent all the time working out how to stop them from scoring. What if that Scholes shot had not gone in!? We'd have spent all that game defending 0-0, praying for PKs!!?

I disagree. . .as the popular saying goes "attack is the best form of defence!"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
4llerbuntu: [size=18pt]Please vote the Ashipa of Lagos AKA 4llerbuntu for Phone Section Poster Of The Year https://www.nairaland.com/1119868/2012-phone-section-poster-year/ [/size]
What's the price for the poster of the year ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
A nite at radisson blu with any female NL Mod of ur choice, all expenses paid.

Oh muki muki..... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 2:41pm On Dec 19, 2012
SailorXY: wey that chelshit fan with numbers as him username? wey like to vomit sshit all the time about referee favour man utd cry ? e be like say him don die undecided
yes o and he has since been buried
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:59pm On Dec 19, 2012
IYA NGBALI: yes o and he has since been buried
i didnt really mean that type of die cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:00am On Dec 20, 2012
SailorXY:
i didnt really mean that type of die cheesy
u dy fear ni shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 12:07pm On Dec 20, 2012
Madrid it is cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FBS: 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2012
Just as we thought...JM and Rondo coming back to Manchester.
I say, RM to win this and easy too. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2012
chamotex: Madrid it is cool

Yes. . .and I am very optimistic this time!

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: iheanyi40(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.