Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,345 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8738546 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14052) (14053) (14054) (14055) (14056) (14057) (14058) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 10:02am On Mar 05
afrodoc2:

Yeah. I agree with you about Shaw. It is time to move on purely from an injury point of view. From a technical and physical point of view though he is the type of fullback that we need.

Bruno is Bruno. He is not comfortable enough on the ball in tight spaces to cope well with the pace and pressing of the EPL. There are passes you will give to Bruno in a tight area that he will spill to the opponent or rush a through pass that is not on, but if you give the same pass to Bernardo Silva or Odegaard they will wriggle out of the tight space and keep the ball circulating.

If we want to continue to play transitional counterattack football, Bruno is the guy. If we want to play front-foot possession football like the other top teams he is not the one.

I don't see why Bruno cannot play in a front-foot possession system tho
I can't be the only one that can't find a significant difference in Bruno's and KDB's styles- always looking for the decisive pass
I cite Everton away last season where Bruno played as the DM I think and played one of his best games
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:13am On Mar 05
Ellexy:
I no dey wail again sef, just numb to the whole shit show.

cry
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:19am On Mar 05
patrickmuf:
No bro, we are at the point where as a club, the management has to decide what pattern of play they want and go for a coach that best fits that pattern. That way, we won't be struggling to offload those players when we sign a new manager because he will meet the right crop of players. Man City identified a peculiar style and went for a manager who fit in Pep. If Pep leaves today, they'd go after a manager with a similar style making it easy for him to do his thing.

Our mistake has always been in hiring maners and giving them what they want instead of setting out a definitive pattern of play that makes for easy hiring of managers and recruitment of players with certain profiles.
We need to go back to our original style of play which is high intense fluid counter attacking football. We need forward players with football sense/brilliance and energy of them Rooney/Ronaldo/Tevez/Giggs/Nani/Park/Cole/York/Cantona/Beckham/Solskjaer etc to keep running at opposition defender and score load of goals, whole having midfielder with football sense/brilliance of Scholes/Carrick/Keane etc to keep it neat and retain possession.
We must go back to our Manchester United football DNA and only appoint Managers that fit our DNA.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:20am On Mar 05
TrebleChamp:
Manutd has always been is a fluid counter-attacking team that also keep possession well. We need to appoint a Manager that fit that profile and sign players that also fit that profile. I agreed we will need multiple windows to get it right, the new Manager (hopefully) and Dan Ashworth have a lot of work on their hands. I have really missed watching my United with relaxed mind 😩.

We don’t have to stick to that particular style that worked in the past. As long as it is attractive football and it wins trophies, I am all for it.

When I started watching Premier League in the early 90s Arsenal were boring boring Arsenal while West Ham were known for attractive football.

We should not be too arrogant to accept other means of success. As long we win meaningful trophies and the football is attractive I don’t care if it’s gegenpressing, possession, or combination, or fluid counterattack like you said. Just play enjoyable football and win titles.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:00pm On Mar 05
Ellexy:
I want to ask, Chelsea under Roman Abramovic was highly successful. They didn't have that definitive pattern of play per say. He just backs whoever the manager is and when the manager fails to deliver, sacking straight up.

One can say the style of play then was simply to deliver on the pitch and win trophies anyhow, whether it's Mourinho's pragmatic style or Ancelotti's pro attacking style.

Madrid does same too, Bayern as well.
Madrid and Bayern before Tuchel had a pattern of play. They play a fast-transitioning game. You listen to everything ETH says and you'll see that he wants us to transition the ball from defence to attack much like Liverpool and Madrid play but he just doesn't have the quality of players to execute it and has refused to wake up to this reality.

And yes, Chelsea under Abramovich sure had a pattern of play. Mourinho favoured sitting deep and hitting teams on the counter with Robben, Darmian Duff, Joe Cole etc. Don't forget Chelsea had an owner with deep pockets and thus could afford to send their way out of trouble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:01pm On Mar 05
afrodoc2:

We don’t have to stick to that particular style that worked in the past. As long as it is attractive football and it wins trophies, I am all for it.

When I started watching Premier League in the early 90s Arsenal were boring boring Arsenal while West Ham were known for attractive football.

We should not be too arrogant to accept other means of success. As long we win meaningful trophies and the football is attractive I don’t care if it’s gegenpressing, possession, or combination, or fluid counterattack like you said. Just play enjoyable football and win titles.
Gbam...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 12:19pm On Mar 05
patrickmuf:
Madrid and Bayern before Tuchel had a pattern of play. They play a fast-transitioning game. You listen to everything ETH says and you'll see that he wants us to transition the ball from defence to attack much like Liverpool and Madrid play but he just doesn't have the quality of players to execute it and has refused to wake up to this reality.

And yes, Chelsea under Abramovich sure had a pattern of play. Mourinho favoured sitting deep and hitting teams on the counter with Robben, Darmian Duff, Joe Cole etc. Don't forget Chelsea had an owner with deep pockets and thus could afford to send their way out of trouble.
Those teams above all finds a way to win. They're not stubborn on any DNA bullshit we keep hearing here. They back the current manager, if he fails, they boot him out and gets thee next one.

As for ETH, listening to him nowadays will leave one more demoralised and yes he is a mad man. Only a mad person will keep repeating the same thing over and over again hoping to get a different result.

2 seasons now for a supposed world class coach with millions spent yet one can't see any progress with team. No style of play, no identity, inconsistency etc.

He should off the road joor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:23pm On Mar 05
patrickmuf:
No bro, we are at the point where as a club, the management has to decide what pattern of play they want and go for a coach that best fits that pattern. That way, we won't be struggling to offload those players when we sign a new manager because he will meet the right crop of players. Man City identified a peculiar style and went for a manager who fit in Pep. If Pep leaves today, they'd go after a manager with a similar style making it easy for him to do his thing.

Our mistake has always been in hiring maners and giving them what they want instead of setting out a definitive pattern of play that makes for easy hiring of managers and recruitment of players with certain profiles.

100%.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:26pm On Mar 05
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrustNone: 4:53pm On Mar 05
Ellexy:
Other top clubs are looking for managers this summer.

Bayern Munich
Barcelona
Liverpool
Chelsea probably.

These clubs and their projects are more attractive than the shit show at United currently.

De Zerbi is the perfect Barca manager.
Nagelsmann is a typical Chelsea coach.
Alonso is going to Bayern or Liverpool.
Potter sad
Leverkusen will retain Alonso, going to a team like Bayern despite being his former team, the expectations would be too much so it's better he sticks there.
Nagelsmann is already German's coach so he isn't jobless but he can introduced Bayern style of gameplay should Barca hire him.
But if he happens to coach Chelsea then I'll be watching all Chelsea games cos I took like that coach before old hag Kahn sent him out of Bayern last season and hired the fraud called tuchel.
raumdeuter:

For the sake of his career he should avoid Bayern for now

Since 2016 Liverpool 1 coach, Since 2016 Bayern 6 coaches

Liverpool will be more patient and understanding, Bayern environment will destroy any coach who doesnt hit the ground running, wins consistently, and win in style. Otherwise they sack him instantly
you said it all boss.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 10:00pm On Mar 05
Them never sack Erik Bin Haram yet ni?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:45am On Mar 06
So Ole wanted Ronaldo.

Those people wey dey recruitment team here, how fa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 7:16pm On Mar 06
Everyone is talking about clear-out now and I ask myself if we are really going to do the 'open-heart surgery' or we just going to focus on certain easy targets.

It will be a very interesting summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 8:28pm On Mar 06
#TrashHagOUT

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 11:00pm On Mar 06
odizeey:
So Ole wanted Ronaldo.

Solskjaer on what he would have changed during his time as Manchester United manager:

"I've thought a lot about this. The right thing was to sign Cristiano, but I think it would've turned out better for Cristiano and for us, if he hadn't signed."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:55am On Mar 07
Ellexy:
Solskjaer on what he would have changed during his time as Manchester United manager:

"I've thought a lot about this. The right thing was to sign Cristiano, but I think it would've turned out better for Cristiano and for us, if he hadn't signed."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by andrewbaba44: 10:07am On Mar 07
Ellexy:
Other top clubs are looking for managers this summer.

Bayern Munich
Barcelona
Liverpool
Chelsea probably.

These clubs and their projects are more attractive than the shit show at United currently.

De Zerbi is the perfect Barca manager.
Nagelsmann is a typical Chelsea coach.
Alonso is going to Bayern or Liverpool.
Potter sad

This De zebra guy should not near my club abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:30pm On Mar 07
Just saw Ole's interview and the things he said about Ronaldo lmao. We used to say the exact things he said here and people called us names for months. It's hilarious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:32pm On Mar 07
odizeey:
So Ole wanted Ronaldo.

No one's ever said Ole didn't want him. They gave him the option and he said yes. Like he said, so many other clubs were interested in him. He wasn't going to allow him go there.

It was a huge mistake on his part Sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:50pm On Mar 07
ChristoBam:

No one's ever said Ole didn't want him. They gave him the option and he said yes. Like he said, so many other clubs were interested in him. He wasn't going to allow him go there.

It was a huge mistake on his part Sha.

If I check well enough, I'll see you saying Ronaldo was forced on him by the board.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:51pm On Mar 07
We were all here when we used to discuss player being on the list of managers and all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:29pm On Mar 07
So them never sack Seven Hag?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:25pm On Mar 07
So Ronaldo was truly going to Mancity, before United begged him to come to Old Trafford instead? Haterz said Pep was never interested in signing him, i agree with Ole that Ronaldo made a wrong decision returning to United.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:50pm On Mar 07
TrebleChamp:
So Ronaldo was truly going to Mancity, before United begged him to come to Old Trafford instead? Haterz said Pep was never interested in signing him, i agree with Ole that Ronaldo made a wrong decision returning to United.
They are trying to change narrative now.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:11pm On Mar 07
odizeey:

If I check well enough, I'll see you saying Ronaldo was forced on him by the board.

Lmao. Definitely not spending time arguing this, after getting called different types of names for months for pointing the effects of Ronaldo on the team only for Ole to confirm everything we said.

Go leave main arguments for months come latch on side-comments lol. Nibo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:15pm On Mar 07
The main argument here for almost a year was about Ronaldo's effect at United.

The manager then spoke extensively on it, but look at them totally side-stepping the main-topic😂😂. This thread ehhn..

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:20pm On Mar 07
So De Zerbi actually got piped today again 😂.

And man's a good coach o. Just doesn't have the personnel to fit into what he's trying.

Makes me wonder how Pep would've turned out if he had to build up from a mid-table team.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 10:49pm On Mar 07
He won Kon be like say ole better 7hag... grin grin grin. At least ole is buying the right players that fit is style

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:57am On Mar 08
ChristoBam:

Lmao. Definitely not spending time arguing this, after getting called different types of names for months for pointing the effects of Ronaldo on the team only for Ole to confirm everything we said.

Go leave main arguments for months come latch on side-comments lol. Nibo.

You don't have time to argue but yet you quoted a post that doesn't concern you.
Bro, argument is your watchword. Stop the pretence.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:01am On Mar 08
The person who suffered the most from that signing was Ronaldo.

His white was stained.

We were already shit, without a trophy for close to 4 years, without EPL for almost 10 years. So you guys should not make it look like he came to destroy one winning team that we had built.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:04am On Mar 08
Someone was heading elsewhere, we called him here based on legacy.

Una won come dey put the blame on am for destroy the kpangolo structure Ole had.

He came and delivered what he knew how to deliver but una blame am.

You people are evil.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:58am On Mar 08
odizeey:
The person who suffered the most from that signing was Ronaldo.

His white was stained.

We were already shit, without a trophy for close to 4 years, without EPL for almost 10 years. So you guys should not make it look like he came to destroy one winning team that we had built.
Ronaldo that came to our shitty team @ 37years and was top scorer. United is still feeling the effect of the damage Ronaldo did to the club..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14052) (14053) (14054) (14055) (14056) (14057) (14058) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.