Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8734776 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
coogar:

rooney shouldn't be in the team.
his captainship is the reason he makes the team according to van gaal. that was why i keep saying he's jack of all trade, master of none.

I know that's the privilege he's enjoying according to LVG. By trying to play him in the defensive midfield will affect the general play of the team when we play a better team. He won't get away with those things he gets away with when playing in the front.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
coogar:

on the contrary, i would get rooney out of the team. play falcao or RVP as a lone striker & have mata/herrera in the hole and the performance would super-improve.

Since LVG prefers playing with two strikers, he should be pairing him with either Falcao or RVP instead of pairing two 9s. If by doing this it doesn't work, then we'll all see it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:19pm On Feb 13, 2015
tess1:

Since LVG prefers playing with two strikers, he should be pairing him with either Falcao or RVP instead of pairing two 9s. If by doing this it doesn't work, then we'll all see it.

LVG should sort it out......

tess1:

I know that's the privilege he's enjoying according to LVG. By trying to play him in the defensive midfield will affect the general play of the team when we play a better team. He won't get away with those things he gets away with when playing in the front.

fellaini
herrera
blind
carrick
and even jones are all better than rooney in the midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
coogar:

on the contrary, i would get rooney out of the team. play falcao or RVP as a lone striker & have mata/herrera in the hole and the performance would super-improve.

There is nothing so far this season to suggest Falcao would thrive in any formation. He has lost pace, his touch has deserted him and his ACL is expired. I would play Wilson ahead of Falcao right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
Play Rooney and RVP in attack with real midfielders like Blind and Herrera in midfield in a few matches lets see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
afrodoc2:

There is nothing so far this season to suggest Falcao would thrive in any formation. He has lost pace, his touch has deserted him and his ACL is expired. I would play Wilson ahead of Falcao right now.

he will thrive as a lone striker.
one thing is falcao makes the runs. he offers plenty of movement but we never ever spot his runs.

valencia can't cross to save a life. januzaj needs 26 toüches to move the ball more than 2 metres. rooney only ever passes the ball sideways or backwards.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:26pm On Feb 13, 2015
elampiro:

Rooney is better than Muller and Lewandonky. How many goals do these guys even have as strikers? Man United almost went out of FA cup without Rooney. Rooney has been in the thick of action since successive wins. From midfield he is one of the top scorers.

Bayern Munich is a fraud.

Muller is a world cup golden boot winner, world cup best young player, world cup winner, CL winner these individual awards are things rooney would never achieve even if he plays till 55 years
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 11:29pm On Feb 13, 2015
So I heard some striker/DM has 0 shot on target in 2015 so far. How true?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:34pm On Feb 13, 2015
Elampiro where Rooney dey carry u go 4 Val?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:34pm On Feb 13, 2015
coogar:

he will thrive as a lone striker.
one thing is falcao makes the runs. he offers plenty of movement but we never ever spot his runs.

valencia can't cross to save a life. januzaj needs 26 toüches to move the ball more than 2 metres. rooney only ever passes the ball sideways or backwards.

Its not by just runs, even Eddy Dombraye made runs. Falcao made his name with his clinical and confident finishing, sharpness in front of goal and assured link up with his team mates. All these have deserted him and those runs you alluded to are now much slower than in his Atletico days. I am not saying he should not get his chance as a lone striker but he needs to line up behind those he met on the queue.

The first thing to sort out is formation, is it 2 strikers or 1 striker. Then the line up can be settled.
1) 1 striker i would choose RVP then Wilson then Falcao

2) 2 strikers, several combos but never RVP with Falcao....they are both as dynamic as Olumo rock
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
Nihilist:

That means everybody in that Manyoo squad is a fraud then.

Are you really expecting anybody to shine under a manager that plays a striker in defensive midfield, plays some wingers as fullbacks, plays other wingers in central midfield, and hands corner taking duties to his centreback?

In the past players have shone under van gaal so any player who fails to shine should take responsibility especially a tactical dinosaur like rooney.

It was because Rooney was useless as an attacker that was why they shafted him to the middle.

The biggest fraud in man utd is Wayne Rooney
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
raumdeuter:

Muller is a world cup golden boot winner, world cup best young player, world cup winner, CL winner these individual awards are things rooney would never achieve even if he plays till 55 years

Dayo who has played better this season? Hummels or Subotic?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
afrodoc2:

Dayo who has played better this season? Hummels or Subotic?

Even though Hummel has been poor this season but Subotic is on another level of horrible since returning from his season long injury

atimes he plays like he's having a mid life crisis

Sokratis has been Dortmund best and most reliable defender this season.

Many Dortmund fans are ready to fling Subotic and even give Ginter and Saar a chance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
afrodoc2:

Its not by just runs, even Eddy Dombraye made runs. Falcao made his name with his clinical and confident finishing, sharpness in front of goal and assured link up with his team mates. All these have deserted him and those runs you alluded to are now much slower than in his Atletico days. I am not saying he should not get his chance as a lone striker but he needs to line up behind those he met on the queue.

falcao has played better than van persie this season. however, whenever he's building that momentum of form, he either gets injured or LVG refuses to play him for another few games.

The first thing to sort out is formation, is it 2 strikers or 1 striker. Then the line up can be settled. 1) 1 striker i would choose RVP then Wilson then Falcao

wilson? grin
he's not ready. he needs a loan deal to hone his skills.

2) 2 strikers, several combos but never RVP with Falcao....they are both as dynamic as Olumo rock

i really don't like the 2 striker system.
the strikers get in each other's way to create a clusterfück. we should have 3 creators behind one lone striker. 4-2-3-1 should be the default formation.

anyways, i think LVG has been told his minimum objective is to get us back to champions league. playing sëxy football can wait as far as he's concerned. when we were playing exquisite football, the results were horrible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
The minimum requirement for a lone striker is that he keeps the ball and holds up play for his team mates. Falcao fall over the ball whenever he has to keep the ball fro more than 2 seconds, he falls over the ball whenever he has to turn with the ball, he gets muscled off the ball whenever he has to hustle for it. Surely that can't be your choice for lone striker, i will pick RVP ahead of him for the job.

Are we a physiotherapy dept or rehab clinic sef? What is it with all these Knee patients we have been connected with? Hargreaves,Falcao and now persistent rumors about Vidal and Strootman.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
afrodoc2:

The first thing to sort out is formation, is it 2 strikers or 1 striker. Then the line up can be settled.
1) 1 striker i would choose RVP then Wilson then Falcao

LVG should be using Rooney and Wilson to pair either RVP or Falcao and if the two top 9s are not available he should pair Rooney and Wilson instead of pairing Di Maria upfront. Fellaini should feature upfront for tactical change only.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
tess1:

LVG should be using Rooney and Wilson to pair either RVP or Falcao and if the two top 9s are not available he should pair Rooney and Wilson instead of pairing Di Maria upfront. Fellaini should feature upfront for tactical change only.

I agree with this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:45am On Feb 14, 2015
elampiro:

His new role doesn't require him to go look for Assists. That should be an accessory stat.
Story! Story! Story! Does it require him to ping passes to the flank while Blind that plays deeper is assisting and scoring . You should say that to Fab
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:52am On Feb 14, 2015
tess1:

Rooney and RvP have gone missing in games they were paired upfront. It only looks effective on paper.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:53am On Feb 14, 2015
elampiro:

Fellaini, 880 mins. No Assists.
Fellaini assisted mata against Cambridge na sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:01am On Feb 14, 2015
LVG should do us a favor n pair Rooney upfront or on d bench but not in midfield ,we hv midfielders for fцск's sake ...That Rooney starts ahead of Herrera n Fellaini in midfield is a thing of mystery n d bloke no longer complains about being played out of position, I guess earning €300,000 per week is enough to shut his mouth ...

Anyways d minimum target for LVG dis season is a champions league qualification not sexy n romantic football ,alongside d fa cup(as a bonus). So far as he delivers ,no problem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 10:27am On Feb 14, 2015
soon, real soon

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 10:41am On Feb 14, 2015
chrisley024:
Long ball with 60% ball possession

Are you Van Gaal in disguise? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:10am On Feb 14, 2015
cheesy Happy birthday to Angel Dimaria

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by incredibleone: 12:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
Danhumprey:
Is that the best you could come up with?undecided

You are beginning to sound like the incredibleone. Obviously,you are him. It's a shame,really.
u really miss me that much that everyone sounds like me to u?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by incredibleone: 12:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
I left u guys at 3rd, m back here again after several months and u guys avnt progressed....... ...... His ur club destined to be stagnant? Falcao and di maria making me soo proud.. ... ... Falcao >costa has to be the the joke of the decade.... Madrid d moneybags dont sell and make profit until they met a bigger mumu.... ....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
theincrediblystüpidone:
[s]I left u guys at 3rd, m back here again after several months and u guys avnt progressed....... ...... His ur club destined to be stagnant? Falcao and di maria making me soo proud.. ... ... Falcao >costa has to be the the joke of the decade.... Madrid d moneybags dont sell and make profit until they met a bigger mumu...[/s]. ....

This fòòl is here again....

No be you fault though - if 1025 had used a condom that day, all these won't be happening!

Dem don swear for una for village!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TreQuartista: 2:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
^^^

Hey Mister, '1025' should be mentioned with reverence. He is a legend around here. tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:29pm On Feb 14, 2015
parrotibaba:
Fellaini assisted mata against Cambridge na sad

That's FA Cup. Everything being discussed here has to do with the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2015
raumdeuter:

How is winning CL an individual award?

Ronaldo and Messi have not won world cup. They have not won golden boot at the world cup.

Rooney was Europe cup youngest scorer ever. He has won world best striker and became the 5th best footballer in the world. Rooney has won CL too.

When will Muller be valued at 300k/week? feather weight Muller who earns peanuts.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
raumdeuter:

In the past players have shone under van gaal so any player who fails to shine should take responsibility especially a tactical dinosaur like rooney.

It was because Rooney was useless as an attacker that was why they shafted him to the middle.

The biggest fraud in man utd is Wayne Rooney

Rooney is the reason Man United are in 3rd. We climbed to third only after his return from suspension. Rooney has not lost a match in midfield since Man United run of wins.

Rooney is greater than Muller, Lewandpwsky and fraudulent Bayern Munich.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
Rooney they said cannot score as a midfielder. Whereas no midfielder has scored as many as ROONEY has from the midfield. If not for wastefulness of RVP and Di Maria, Rooney would have at least 10 assists already.

Rooney scored:
1 against Hull
2 against Newcastle.
1 goal, 1 Assists against Liverpool.

I dare anyone to bring up any midfielder with this statistics. I have not even considered the clear cut chances he created for Di Maria and RVP in these matches. Rooney is our best midfielder. Van Gaal should sweet talk him to play his heart for him and also warn RVP and Di Maria not to waste Rooney's chances again.

What did Herrera bring to the field when he came on against Southampton? The midfield became weaker and Wayanma ate Carrick and Herrera for food.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.