Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,638 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8757340 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bxg(m): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
coogar: NANI NOT GOING ANYWHERE

Sir Alex Ferguson has denied that Nani will be sold during the January transfer window, though he did admit negotiations are ongoing with the Manchester United winger. Ferguson stated that once Nani has recovered from his hamstring injury he will again be in contention as he moved to deny reports the Portuguese had played his last game for the club.

"He's injured," Ferguson told manutd.com. "His contract's not up for a year and a half. Yes, absolutely [he has a future at the club]. Why would I want to let him go? Obviously his people have been negotiating with [chief executive] David [Gill] about a new contract but I don't know what stage we are at with that. But we won't be letting him go.

"We need a Nani. He offers something different from the other players. He's an incredible talent, the boy's a great talent. Unfortunately, he's injured at the moment so we sent him over to Dubai for a break and hoping a bit of warmth will help him in his recovery. He's not far away but he's far enough away. I don't think I'll get him back until probably the middle of January.

"It's a hamstring injury he's got. A player like Nani has never had a hamstring injury ever – I don't think he's ever had many injuries with us. But he's got it right in the top and it's a bad one."

Regarding reports Ferguson will sign Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski, he said: "It's nonsense. Absolute nonsense."

Best News Ever cool cool cool............He is talented and we will be looking to him when Real Madrid bring their stars smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2012
Tank God he knws d guy is talented n skilful. I personaly dnt want d guy 2 leave cos he's our most skilful player n nt d 2 preditable AV dat is frustratin 2 watch
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
Starboard and Ruudie aren't going to be pleased with this news. I wonder if extended doses of Valencia has softened their apprehension to Nani. grin

For what it worth I believe everything SAF said is total dross. He said the same thing about Pogba and Berba at this point last season and they end up gone at the end of the season. My gut says we keep Nani till the end of the season and then he is let go and we bring in another Winger or 2.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bxg(m): 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
How come Rooney neva seems to lash out at Valencia.......To me, Rooney is Nani's biggest critic. Anytime Nani is indecisive, makes a bad pass or takes a wild shot Rooney would throw a tantrum on the pitch and cuss at him buh u neva see im giving valencia d same treatment as horrible as valencia as bin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
bxg: How come Rooney neva seems to lash out at Valencia.......To me, Rooney is Nani's biggest critic. Anytime Nani is indecisive, makes a bad pass or takes a wild shot Rooney would throw a tantrum on the pitch and cuss at him buh u neva see im giving valencia d same treatment as horrible as valencia as bin

valencia is predictable, nani isn't.
the unpredictable is uncontrollable and rooney doesn't want that. valencia has been our most useless player this season. he cannot beat his man again, he slows the attack down and with no rafael making decoy runs, the ecuadorian has been found out by prem defenders. although, to be honest, he has been found out since 2009 but his sheer pace still allowed him to beat his markers.....these days, that pace is gone and he has no trick up his sleeves. he should be sold!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
RESPECT# cool

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:14am On Dec 31, 2012
bxg: How come Rooney neva seems to lash out at Valencia.......To me, Rooney is Nani's biggest critic. Anytime Nani is indecisive, makes a bad pass or takes a wild shot Rooney would throw a tantrum on the pitch and cuss at him buh u neva see im giving valencia d same treatment as horrible as valencia as bin

Thats because Rooney knows he is quite capable of much more. . .no one can really get mad at Valencia; you know he has limited skill-set, so you take what he has to offer and make the best of it!

Nani is a very talented guy, he is just not giving us as much as we expect of him. He goes to Portugal and plays well but doesn't carry it over to here!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:49am On Dec 31, 2012
coogar:

valencia is predictable, nani isn't.
the unpredictable is uncontrollable and rooney doesn't want that. valencia has been our most useless player this season. he cannot beat his man again, he slows the attack down and with no rafael making decoy runs, the ecuadorian has been found out by prem defenders. although, to be honest, he has been found out since 2009 but his sheer pace still allowed him to beat his markers.....these days, that pace is gone and he has no trick up his sleeves. he should be sold!

montelik: Starboard and Ruudie aren't going to be pleased with this news. I wonder if extended doses of Valencia has softened their apprehension to Nani. grin

For what it worth I believe everything SAF said is total dross. He said the same thing about Pogba and Berba at this point last season and they end up gone at the end of the season. My gut says we keep Nani till the end of the season and then he is let go and we bring in another Winger or 2.

Personally, I don't have beef for Nani. . . he is head and shoulders, a far better footballer than Valencia can ever be. In fact, I regard Nani more than I do CR7 because I think he is a more "naturally gifted" player. But that said, one fact we all and most importantly, Nani himself have to realise is that he has to do more, challenge himself to raise his game!

Lets take the case of Ando. . . we all knew he has potential but wasn't living up to it. Even he came out publicly to admit that this season was going to be his most important because he realised he needed to make or break time; he'd either play better or go bust which he has from the start of this season.
Nobody told him. . .within himself, he already knew!

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Exclusive-Interviews/2012/Jul/anderson-exclusive-interview-my-most-important-season-yet.aspx?pageNo=2

Nani first has to do some deep soul-searching and be honest to himself. Has he really performed like a world-beater, like someone who deserves special mention!!?
Perhaps, it is we the fans (Coogar et al.) who are at fault here. We take the morsel he offers and blow it out of proportion when, knowing fully well, he is capable of much more! I know its all part of encouragement but sometimes, 'sterner' treatment rouses positive response better especially when too much patience has been shown.
While I applaud Nani's efforts and contributions thus far, he can still do a whole lot more. I know and believe so, I don't really want him to leave - what I really yearn for, is that he does an "Anderson" or "DDG" and shuts critics like me up with spectacular performances frequently - Manchester United would be the better for it if this happens, or not so!!?

...please nobody should mention Welbeck; he doesn't belong at MUFC (how he got into our academy in the first place beats me) and nothing he ever does will change my opinion!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:51pm On Dec 31, 2012
^^^ well said! seconded cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Effiko(m): 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2012
Happy New Year guyssss
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2012
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 2:49am On Jan 01, 2013
SailorXY: ^^^ well said! seconded cool
Well said,supported!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:49am On Jan 01, 2013
DDG + Cash 4 CR7! Temptin! Bt r we goin 2 play wit no GK
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
chrisley024: DDG + Cash 4 CR7! Temptin! Bt r we goin 2 play wit no GK
i no kno oh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2013
Up united
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:14pm On Jan 01, 2013
Gud win n 2nd clean sheet! Kudos 2 Carrick, VP, Chica, Young, Evans. D absence of AV gave us a gud fluidity n nt d touch line dat's frustratin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
Yay,good to get another clean sheet. Good strong win and happy Hernandez and rvp are banging them in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Jan 01, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sexiest moment of the match

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:46am On Jan 02, 2013
Purist: Sexiest moment of the match

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 12:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:02am On Jan 03, 2013
RVP:
He appears to be revelling in the challenge of being a United player too, explaining yesterday, in words that are sure to twist the knife for any Arsenal fans reading this morning: "We have to look at it game by game but everybody wants to be champions. I feel that I'm surrounded by champions.

"This is a special team. Everybody wants to help each other. Everybody's keen for everyone to score. Defenders are working their socks off for the midfielders, the midfielders are working for the strikers... everybody wants to run and everybody has one target in their mind. They know how to win and that makes it really easy for me."

excerpt from - http://eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/2013-van-persie-again-085517817.html

Top man, that RvP...top, top man!
Funny I never regarded him much when he was at Arsenal!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
RuuDie:

Top man, that RvP...top, top man!
Funny I never regarded him much when he was at Arsenal!
me too! I jst dy gbadun d guy R2!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:58am On Jan 05, 2013
Very quiet in here lately. . .whats happening!!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
The 10 page "Nani is or isn't total shyte" discussion from earlier in the season has tired us all out. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Vacation mehn...winter break
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
Valencia is done and I can't put up with his rubbish anymore. I am sorry but this has gone beyond a slump or loss of form. He has lost it. For that wasted shot in the 94' when he had so many options, he shouldn't start for at least a month. His brain box is fried.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:13pm On Jan 05, 2013
This is it. . .naybody that dares to insult Baba Giggs again on this thread will be BANNED!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
montelik: The 10 page "Nani is or isn't total shyte" discussion from earlier in the season has tired us all out. grin

He is shyte. . .maybe this will stir up the activity in here again!

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
i really like the way Chicharito has developed with his overall ball skills, he is a joy to watch these days cool i think he should been left to play the whole game, Welbeck should have been substituted instead. on a side note, Kagawa needs to pile up strength!!! undecided angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
VP!!! Fergie shuld leave Nani n sell AV cos am tired of his shyte!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
RuuDie: This is it. . .naybody that dares to insult Baba Giggs again on this thread will be BANNED!

conveniently forgetting he could have equalised much earlier when he had a free header from 6 yards and sent the ball over the bar. that's the ish about giggs, he does 99 things wrong and gets one thing right that leads to a goal. in my opinion, he's still shyte but i agree valencia is shittier these days.

what a first touch from robin van persie.....

i dunno why, i love goals like this. it's reminiscent of the goal drogba scored against valencia some years ago. joe cole picked the ball from the edge of chelsea's box, spotted drogba and floated one of the best passes ever with the outside of his boot, the pass dissected valencia's defence into drogba's path.....i was jumping like a child when drogba rammed the ball into the net.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: iamoyindamola(m), AdisaOwala, hensben(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.