Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,538 members, 7,865,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:23 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878933 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
Abeg who the mention cavani here?? Dat one na dirty, i rather keep the FAT BOI, than swoop for cavani
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
afrodoc2:

It is a bad trend and it tells you what other execs think of Woodward. They regard him as a money miss road. Porto would have sold Danilo to us for 35m pounds....abi Madrid too no get money?

Even Carvalho won't go for more than 30m pounds......unless we are the ones to buy him.
We know the money is there but spending it wisely will allow us to acquire a greater number of world class talent.....there is no need to blow 100m on 2 players when better negotiation skills can get you 3 or 4 such players for the same amount.
well I personally won't consider Woodward a bad businessman or having poor negotiation skills. we all know the position we found ourselves two years back - SAF & David Gill left together, Woody had to learn on the job & it was a different page to the behind-the-scene accounting & sponsorship negotiations he was used to. the learning curve, as well as Moyes, was too steep & the business on the pitch paid the ultimate price.

the following summer it was time to show that United hasn't exactly fallen as far as events on the pitch suggested, hence the guns-blazing shopping. IMO they were required, together with the new manager, to make a strong statement.

this summer, its time to apply more caution & be strong-headed too; which is exactly what I think Woody will/is do/ing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
SailorXY:

well I personally won't consider Woodward a bad businessman or having poor negotiation skills. we all know the position we found ourselves two years back - SAF & David Gill left together, Woody had to learn on the job & it was a different page to the behind-the-scene accounting & sponsorship negotiations he was used to. the learning curve, as well as Moyes, was too steep & the business on the pitch paid the ultimate price.

the following summer it was time to show that United hasn't exactly fallen as far as events on the pitch suggested, hence the guns-blazing shopping. IMO they were required, together with the new manager, to make a strong statement.

this summer, its time to apply more caution & be strong-headed too; which is exactly what I think Woody will/is do/ing.

I hope you are right.
What are those elampiric posts about? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
weedtaker:
Abeg who the mention cavani here?? Dat one na dirty, i rather keep the FAT BOI, than swoop for cavani

We can keep the fat boi. But Falcao is gone and RVP's days are numbered.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:54pm On Jun 28, 2015
afrodoc2:

We can keep the fat boi. But Falcao is gone and RVP's days are numbered.
i think chicha is staying, and hiquain will be a better buy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:01am On Jun 29, 2015
afrodoc2:

Chicharito is a limited footballer. Very good finisher but limited as a player

hernandez has improved massively.
his hold up play & linking up is as good as anyone in our squad. herrera & mata would work wonders behind hernandez. i hope he stays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 12:04am On Jun 29, 2015
Liverpool just dey sign all "signables" and the "unsignables". Where are you going to place the rest? OLX
If time is not taken, them go sign another coach join the present one.

Can't wait for MS. How's this CL play off going to be please Seems I'm not following.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:06am On Jun 29, 2015
CL playoff is in August. We're still waiting for the draw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:52am On Jun 29, 2015
afrodoc2:

I hope you are right.
What are those elampiric posts about? cheesy

Whatever!

Anyway, just saying I know him already. You guys said I will like him. I don't know whether I really like him or not. He might end up being the new Patrick Veira. He has a sound ability to dictate the flow of a game, but I can't tell if he has the ability to frustrate opposition attack on difficult days.

My analysis of his game (my post on previous page) was when he played only 45 minutes (second half) against USA in the world cup and came out with good stats. 43 accurate passes out of 44, and 100% long balls. Despite playing 45 minutes, his 8 long balls were the second highest in the game. His long balls were all ground balls, some were even split passes between opposition players. I also saw some of his highlights in his friendly matches in the build up to the world cup, then I looked at his stats that period.

But the question remains, is he a ball winner? Can he destroy when things are ugly against his team? This is where Mascherano has no rival. Without Mascherano, Robben had two clear goals against Argentina in the world cup. Mascherano tracked Robben's escape of defenders twice, and stopped him just as he was about to pull the trigger. Just like some said, when Hazard scored the lone goal against Man United last season, a player like Mascherano would have tracked him from the DM position. Carvalho is good, but there will be days things dont go smooth and you need someone to frustrate opposition free attacking play. Like when we played Everton, and when we played Arsenal in the FA Cup.

- As for the signings being proposed, Schneiderlin (another difficult name to pronounce. Janujaz, Rojo already) beats Matic in the very attributes Matic is respected for. However, stats can be misleading. But I like his rugged looks. He will be physical, something I very much think we need for a blend.

- Ramos. I don't take that news serious yet. My assessment is that Ramos is not a composed defender for the calibre that he is. He is only slightly better than Pepe in composure and organisation, but nothing compared to what you get from Vidic. Sometimes when you see Madrid defence against small teams, you wonder if that was a defence led by a world class as Ramos.

Ramos also lack pace which was why Neymar had a field day against him and Pique, and ate them for dinner in the Confederation cup final. Robben too in the world cup outpaced Ramos from a long distance for that famous goal. Ramos ought to have been sent off in the first half of the Confederation cup final when he went on a reckless tackle just because he didn't have the speed to match. However, his aerial prowess and heading accuracy in the opposition box is worth some millions.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:39am On Jun 29, 2015
Did I just read that someone said Jones cannot score a header?

Jones was our biggest threat from set play after Vidic. It's only last season, he has not been a threat.

When he scored the opening goal against West Brom, it was a powerful header. Like a Drogber's kind of header, not just a lump or a weaker.

In April 2013, it was from Jone's header Kompary conceded an own goal.

Although he has scored more with his legs (right leg), like his late goal for the one nil victory at Villa park in 2011/12 and his UCL goal for one nil win over Shakhtar Donetsk. Then his volley against Norwich.

Una no know ball.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:51am On Jun 29, 2015
I hope Schweinsteiger joins up as well, the effect of injuries to Carrick will no longer be felt.

if Benzema is unavailable, I think we won't be signing another CF this summer - it will be Rooney, Hernandez & Henriquez.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:15am On Jun 29, 2015
Manchester United training was more competitive than matches, claims former skipper Roy Keane

-Roy Keane won seven Premier League titles with Manchester United
-Keane described Saturdays as a 'day off' as training was so intense
- Former United skipper says he'd be in prison if social media existed in his playing days

26 June 2015
Keane said: ‘Saturdays were almost a day off for Manchester United because training games were harder than league games.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3140327/Manchester-United-training-competitive-matches-claims-former-skipper-Roy-Keane.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:23am On Jun 29, 2015
elampiro:
Manchester United training was more competitive than matches, claims former skipper Roy Keane

-Roy Keane won seven Premier League titles with Manchester United
-Keane described Saturdays as a 'day off' as training was so intense
- Former United skipper says he'd be in prison if social media existed in his playing days

26 June 2015
Keane said: ‘Saturdays were almost a day off for Manchester United because training games were harder than league games.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3140327/Manchester-United-training-competitive-matches-claims-former-skipper-Roy-Keane.html
haha! No be the same you grin that said Fergie was lenient with his training on our players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2015
chrisley024:
haha! No be the same you grin that said Fergie was lenient with his training on our players.

Remember I said in his last few years. I pointed at his backroom staff.

Which means, his backroom staff just before he retired. Their approach killed our players. Anderson and co.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:46am On Jun 29, 2015
elampiro:

Remember I said in his last few years. I pointed at his backroom staff.

Which means, his backroom staff just before he retired. Their approach killed our players. Anderson and co.

Again, what is this based on?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:47am On Jun 29, 2015
MS, Otamendi, and a CF(don't know who seriously), and I think we're set. Maybe a RB also needed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:48am On Jun 29, 2015
elampiro:

Whatever!

Anyway, just saying I know him already. You guys said I will like him. I don't know whether I really like him or not. He might end up being the new Patrick Veira. He has a sound ability to dictate the flow of a game, but I can't tell if he has the ability to frustrate opposition attack on difficult days.

My analysis of his game (my post on previous page) was when he played only 45 minutes (second half) against USA in the world cup and came out with good stats. 43 accurate passes out of 44, and 100% long balls. Despite playing 45 minutes, his 8 long balls were the second highest in the game. His long balls were all ground balls, some were even split passes between opposition players. I also saw some of his highlights in his friendly matches in the build up to the world cup, then I looked at his stats that period.

But the question remains, is he a ball winner? Can he destroy when things are ugly against his team? This is where Mascherano has no rival. Without Mascherano, Robben had two clear goals against Argentina in the world cup. Mascherano tracked Robben's escape of defenders twice, and stopped him just as he was about to pull the trigger. Just like some said, when Hazard scored the lone goal against Man United last season, a player like Mascherano would have tracked him from the DM position. Carvalho is good, but there will be days things dont go smooth and you need someone to frustrate opposition free attacking play. Like when we played Everton, and when we played Arsenal in the FA Cup.

- As for the signings being proposed, Schneiderlin (another difficult name to pronounce. Janujaz, Rojo already) beats Matic in the very attributes Matic is respected for. However, stats can be misleading. But I like his rugged looks. He will be physical, something I very much think we need for a blend.

- Ramos. I don't take that news serious yet. My assessment is that Ramos is not a composed defender for the calibre that he is. He is only slightly better than Pepe in composure and organisation, but nothing compared to what you get from Vidic. Sometimes when you see Madrid defence against small teams, you wonder if that was a defence led by a world class as Ramos.

Ramos also lack pace which was why Neymar had a field day against him and Pique, and ate them for dinner in the Confederation cup final. Robben too in the world cup outpaced Ramos from a long distance for that famous goal. Ramos ought to have been sent off in the first half of the Confederation cup final when he went on a reckless tackle just because he didn't have the speed to match. However, his aerial prowess and heading accuracy in the opposition box is worth some millions.

LOL @whatever. u b girl?

I actually share your sentiments on Carvalho. He has the potential especially if he can improve his movement.
P.S He is not at Mascherano's level yet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
afrodoc2:

Chicharito is a limited footballer. Very good finisher but limited as a player
We need his poachings especially as teams now park the bus against us. Earned Fergie many points at the death of time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
MrTA:

Again, what is this based on?
Ferguson's players overhaul.

Abeg, don't drag me back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
elampiro:
Did I just read that someone said Jones cannot score a header?

Jones was our biggest threat from set play after Vidic. It's only last season, he has not been a threat.

When he scored the opening goal against West Brom, it was a powerful header. Like a Drogber's kind of header, not just a lump or a weaker.

In April 2013, it was from Jone's header Kompary conceded an own goal.

Although he has scored more with his legs (right leg), like his late goal for the one nil victory at Villa park in 2011/12 and his UCL goal for one nil win over Shakhtar Donetsk. Then his volley against Norwich.

Una no know ball.

so jones has only 1 league goal scored via a header in 4 full seasons & he's a goal threat? threat? do you know how many headed goals smalling has scored since LVG's arrival?

this is why jones should be sold. we need a team where every player poses a goal threat to the opposition. this is why barca/madrid/bayern always succeed. every outfield player is a goal threat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
Haha! The stage is set grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
HELLO FANS GREETINGS TO YOU ALL I'M NEW HERE AND ALSO A UNITED FAN LOVE WATS GOING ON HERE AND ALSO WILLING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS GROUP......

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
HERE IS TODAY GOSSIP

England right-back Nathaniel Clyne, 24, will complete a £12.5m move from Southampton to Liverpool on Monday. (Liverpool Echo) Manchester City have joined rivals Manchester United in wanting to buy Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos, 29. (Mirror) Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal, 28, appears set to join Arsenal this summer. (Daily Telegraph) Liverpool striker Fabio Borini, 24, is set to move to West Ham in a transfer worth £8m. (Sun, subscription required) But Borini could also be part of the deal to take striker Christian Benteke, 24, to Liverpool as could Rickie Lambert, 33. (Independent) Manchester United may make a second offer for Sergio Ramos after Real Madrid rejected their first bid of £28.3m. (Manchester Evening News) Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has expressed his interest in signing Chelsea's 23- year-old midfielder Oscar. (London Evening Standard) Chelsea are among the clubs linked with a move for Atletico Madrid attacking midfielder Arda Turan after the 28-year-old said his agent was talking to "three or four clubs". (Daily Mail) Newcastle United want to sign West Ham winger Stewart Downing, 30, but face competition from Sunderland and Leicester City. (Daily Express) Manchester United's promise of guaranteed first- team football could see them signing Germany midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, 30, from Bayern Munich. (Times, subscription required). Former United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel has urged current number one David De Gea, 24, to reject Real Madrid and become a United legend. (Sun, subscription required) Tottenham's record signing Erik Lamela, 23, who joined for £30m two summers ago is set to leave the club and is in talks with at least one Italian club, understood to be Juventus. (Mirror) Liverpool have submitted a fresh bid for Real Madrid midfielder Asier Illarramendi after having already seen a £10.6m bid rejected for the 25- year-old. (Daily Star) Everton say 26-year-old right-back Seamus Coleman, who has been linked with a move to Manchester United, is not for sale. (Liverpool Echo) Arsenal would have won the Premier League last season if they were managed by Jose Mourinho, according to former Chelsea striker Tony Cascarino. (Sky Sports) Monaco have told Tottenham to double their offer to £16m if they want left winger Yannick Ferreira Carrasco, 21.(Daily Star) Newcastle United want to sign Schalke defender Joel Matip, 23, but have decided against a move for Aston Villa centre-half Ron Vlaar, 30. (Newcastle Chronicle) Former QPR midfielder Adel Taarabt, 26, has claimed some QPR players care more about money than winning. (Sun, subscription required) Former Chelsea striker Demba Ba, 30, has rejected a move to West Brom and will instead join Chinese team Shanghai Shenhua for £11m from Turkish side Besiktas. (Guardian) Cardiff City and Reading want to sign Hull City and Republic of Ireland midfielder Stephen Quinn, 29. (Wales Online) Former Liverpool manager Roy Evans believes forward Raheem Sterling, 20, is certain to leave Anfield this summer. Evans says the Reds would not have signed five new players if they were not going to receive the money from Sterling's transfer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
Betting suspended on Schneiderlin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
@saintwill
this your transfer gossip many oooo smiley

in other news: Phil Jones signs new 4-year contract. here's hoping he earns his wages on the pitch - make or mar season for Rafael as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
Phil jones signs new man.united deal, tying him to the club till june 2019.. Elampiro go use dis one slaughter some people here o (i no mention name o grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
hensben:
Keane: I wasn't even a Manchester United fan when I was playing for them!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2015/06/29/13149242/keane-i-wasnt-even-a-manchester-united-fan-when-i-was?ICID=HP_HN_2

and who d bloody hell cares? undecided Isco is a barca fan n yet he plays for Madrid
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2015
I'll take Ramos. Just because he was outpaced by one of the fastest players in the world doesnt mean he's lost it.
Its not ideal that he's 29 already though but he'll bring a wealth of experience and leadership.

Sky are claiming united have bid £28.6m for Ramos.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
Manchester United have made a bid of £28.6m Real Madrid C.F. defender Sergio Ramos, according to Sky sources.

- Sky News.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
elampiro:
Manchester United have made a bid of £28.6m Real Madrid C.F. defender Sergio Ramos, according to Sky sources.

- Sky News.
I don't think de will accept it n Ramos himself ain't pushing so why bother? we should go n tie up Otamendi instead
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
MrTA:
I'll take Ramos. Just because he was outpaced by one of the fastest players in the world doesnt mean he's lost it.
Its not ideal that he's 29 already though but he'll bring a wealth of experience and leadership.

Sky are claiming united have bid £28.6m for Ramos.

No one said he has lost it. Just describing his abilities and weaknesses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.