Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,964 members, 7,863,427 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:36 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8872599 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
coogar:

go and watch 1966 world cup against portugal. watch 70 world cup against uruguay. pele was nearly murdered in those games. back then, a player couldn't be substituted so you must carry on.

abeg, forget messi!
he's not in the same league as maradona & pele or even the fat ronaldo that won ballon d'or at the age of 20. these ones did it for club & country. it didn't matter who they have in their team.....they always delivered.

messi @ barcelona - 110% good
messi @ argentina - 20% good.

the difference is ridiculous!
did ronaldo win a underground UCL we are unaware of?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nihilist:

You are irredeemably dull.

Why stop at comparing Lahm to Messi...why not compare Messi to Oliver Kahn?
but you are quite the retardded imp, my friend.. I simply corrected your nonsense talk.. everyone has an opinion but some of yours should be kept close to your chest
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nihilist:

Lol this is a joke.

Looking at the Super Eagles alone....You can't see machines like Taribo West and Uche Okechukwu again...Instead it's milky boys likeOmeruo and Oboabona

The defenders in the 60's, 70's and 80's were brutal thugs. If they missed the ball, they would not miss your head. You had people like Andoni the Butcher that nearly killed Maradona with a tackle from behind(and saved the boot he used to do it in a glass case) and Graeme Souness running round kicking people in the balls.

Those were the days of man to man defending...unlike the Zonal marking today.

Exactly. Lucio is the only one close to defenders of old. But again the rules had changed to restrict defenders before Lucio came.

Those days even tackles from behind was allowed. Kicks here and there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

but you are quite the retardded imp, my friend.. I simply corrected your nonsense talk.. everyone has an opinion but some of yours should be kept close to your chest

You talk like a m0ron, look like a m0ron, and sound like a m0ron...but you think you're a physics professor.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

Ronaldo won 2 world cups( 1 as a squad member and 1 as a boss). Also played in 2 final matches scoring 15 world cup goals.
World Cup trumps UCL, Has Messi won any underground world cups we have not heard of?
I am not going into player comparisons but please discuss El Fenomeno with the respect he deserves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
elampiro:

I have pulled out the best defenders of all time. None played in Messi `s era.

Even Lucio that is not as good as the previous legends locked out Messi even when Inter fell to 10 men. I wonder what would have happened if he faced Beckenbauer, Baresi, Maldini. And the rest in top 10 from Pele's era.
elampiro are we discussing facts or myths? only Beckenbauer was pele's mate among these defenders, no??
great defenders yet people people averaged one per gme.. sigh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
darkenedrebel:

let's be honest.. Ronaldo plays better than he did.
this is coming from a Barcelona supporter

people just tend to over-hype oldiesāœ˜
Do u know Pele?
A player who debuted at his first world cup at 17 at the semi final stage,and ended the tournament with 5 goals....5 goals oooooo

A player with 70+ hat tricks
1000+ goals.....in the era of brutal defending......

Ronaldo ko,Pele is a combination of Messi and Ronaldo.....
Athletic and talented
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nihilist:

You talk like a m0ron, look like a m0ron, and sound like a m0ron...but you think you're a physics professor.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
you can't see me, can't hear me... you are a Chelsea fan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:
No forward is better than Ronaldo.......Respect the boss
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

Ronaldo won 2 world cups( 1 as a squad member and 1 as a boss). Also played in 2 final matches scoring 15 world cup goals.
World Cup trumps UCL, Has Messi won any underground world cups we have not heard of?
I am not going into player comparisons but please discuss El Fenomeno with the respect he deserves.
lol.. coogar said he delivers for club and country, surely he must have won on the grandest stage in his club too.. I respect biggie ronaldo of course.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
bigkesh:

No forward is better than Ronaldo.......Respect the boss
what of Pele?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
Odunharry:
Dinamo Zagreb completes signing of Henriquez...

so piss
Henriquez didn't play a single game for us tho smh...
Nani has also departed & I hear van Persie is on the edge of an exit.
I hope there are plans for a striker @ least, so far we seem to be selling only.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

I said so, messi a better player than Pele. I trust my own two eyes more than what a bunch of retired almost senile players tell me, I have seen messi live and seen Pele's hames on YouTube and quite frankly it was not all it is made out to be, Pele had the flamboyance that comes with being Brazilian but I doubt if anyone can sit through a clip of him running circles around teams and not just wonder what they were feeding the defenders. There was zero tactical defending, you would basically see 3 defenders converge at the right corner leaving enough space for two elephants to have a tap dance before tapping into tho empty net ( elampiro's heroic keepers would have dived before the shot ).
Just watch Pele
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2254866_obamalafff_jpegc9b48d05c12a4375035937271eea96bf
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

you can't see me, can't hear me... you are a Chelsea fan

You are the lone voice of stupiditty in this discussion.

I'm a Chelsea fan and maybe I cant hear or see you...but what of the Manyoo fans that can see and hear you embarrass yourself with every post?

Leggo...you need to let go of your foolish opinions and be enlightened.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nihilist:

Lol this is a joke.

Looking at the Super Eagles alone....You can't see machines like Taribo West and Uche Okechukwu again...Instead it's milky boys likeOmeruo and Oboabona

The defenders in the 60's, 70's and 80's were brutal thugs. If they missed the ball, they would not miss your head. You had people like Andoni the Butcher that nearly killed Maradona with a tackle from behind(and saved the boot he used to do it in a glass case) and Graeme Souness running round kicking people in the balls.

Those were the days of man to man defending...unlike the Zonal marking today.

gringringrin LMAO!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nihilist:

You are the lone voice of stupiditty in this discussion.

I'm a Chelsea fan and maybe I cant hear or see you...but what of the Manyoo fans that can see and hear you embarrass yourself with every post?

Leggo...you need to let go of your foolish opinions and be enlightened.
I respect people with different opinions and I can make decisions based on what I observe.. You came here all the way from your ogogoro joint to spew nonsense all over a discourse that doesn't have the slightest connection to Chelsea FC ; History.
are you not leading a pathetic life son? get back to the joke section where you belong.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

elampiro are we discussing facts or myths? only Beckenbauer was pele's mate among these defenders, no??
great defenders yet people people averaged one per gme.. sigh

What are you saying?

Giancinto fachetti played in Pele's eya.

Ruddi Krol, Jama Santos, Gaetano , Bobby Moore, Beckenbauer all played in Pele's era listed as top 10 of all time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

I respect people with different opinions and I can make decisions based on what I observe.. You came here all the way from your ogogoro joint to spew nonsense all over a discourse that doesn't have the slightest connection to Chelsea FC ; History.
are you not leading a pathetic life son? get back to the joke section where you belong.

What does Messi vs Maradona have to do with Manyoo? cheesy

Dude let's just cool it and not derail the thread. I apologise for any offence I caused. Have a great day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
elampiro:

What are you saying?

Giancinto fachetti played in Pele's eya.

Ruddi Krol, Jama Santos, Gaetano , Bobby Moore, Beckenbauer all played in Pele's era listed as top 10 of all time.
oh I didn't see the link you put up.. is the list however set in stone? you think if you had a greatest XI from Pele's era play FCB they would win?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
sinizia:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2254866_obamalafff_jpegc9b48d05c12a4375035937271eea96bf

Dont mind leggo, he is so confused. When Torres scored against Barca , he was alone in more than half of the field. Did that happen in 1930?

I could list endlessly . Welbeck had a space big enough for a car park when he missed against Bayern.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

lol.. coogar said he delivers for club and country, surely he must have won on the grandest stage in his club too.. I respect biggie ronaldo of course.

I understand where you are coming from in terms of improved team defending and tactical defending, however this is counter-balanced by the inept individual defending these days as well as banning of tough tackling in football.

For e.g so called world class defenders like Chiellini would have struggled to make any Italian World Cup Squad from 1982 to 1994.
Smalling and Phil Jones chopping England caps anyhow yet Steve Bruce ( Man Utd captain) was never capped and Gary Pallister had 22 caps over his whole career.
These days it is easy for any suegbe defender to gather caps because good options are limited, or what is Lescott doing with 26 caps?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
elampiro:

Dont mind leggo, he is so confused. When Torres scored against Barca , he was alone in more than half of the field. Did that happen in 1930?

I could list endlessly . Welbeck had a space big enough for a car park when he missed against Bayern.

Di Maria's miss against Arsenal? Neymar's goal against Juve?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nihilist:

What does Messi vs Maradona have to do with Manyoo? cheesy

Dude let's just cool it and not derail the thread. I apologise for any offence I caused. Have a great day.

I forgive you
elampiro:

was that not a result of the ball been cleared from a set play oga Piro? unless you are a pathetic liar and didn't actually watch sambisa boys on VCR you can testify.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
coogar:

all forms of tackling have been removed from the game. pulling an opponent's shirt is a yellow card these days while gentile tore maradona's shirt into pieces in 82 without getting carded.

van basten had to retire prematurely because of injuries. footballers these days are in paradise. messi wouldn't have survived in 50s/60s. the gh-therapy he had as a kid so that his bones could develop wasn't in exist de in the 60s. messi would have been a midget like aki & pawpaw had he been born in the 60s
It was Zico's.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

are you saying they played harder football then? answer straight up.
were garrincha and charlton strikers elamps??
In terms of raw physicality yes! Football was rough, rugged and raw back in the day. There were no substitutions, no red cards so you could literally get away with murder. Go and watch clips of 62-70 WC. I have seen where the ref chased away a medic and prevented him from treating a clearly injured player.

Go and watch the game of the century where Franz Beckenbauer played with a sling and a broken shoulder. There was no room for diving or funny tricks back then
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5HbmeNKino

is this the top notch defending we are raging about?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

oh I didn't see the link you put up.. is the list however set in stone? you think if you had a greatest XI from Pele's era play FCB they would win?

Arrange the match first then we will see who wins? You funny sha. Which kind talk be dat.

Lets use players we are familiar with. If you pick players from 1986 to 1998 Baresi, Stam, Maradona, Romario, Dunga, Bagio, Maldini, olivier kahn, zidane, Bebeto in one team today, do you think they will be inferior to the best of today.

But kids of today will say 20-0 because they didnt see Baresi, Romario.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
A40:

In terms of raw physicality yes! Football was rough, rugged and raw back in the day. There were no substitutions, no red cards so you could literally get away with murder. Go and watch clips of 62-70 WC. I have seen where the ref chased away a medic and prevented him from treating a clearly injured player.

Go and watch the game of the century where Franz Beckenbauer played with a sling and a broken shoulder. There was no room for diving or funny tricks back then
It's only these new jack cats that believe Messi is better than Maradona or Pele without winning any international competition.
Just like the new jack basketball fans who believe Lebron is better than Michael Jordan as the GOAT.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
IF ONLY HIGUAIN DID'T FAIL MESSI ON TWO OCCASSION (@worldcup2014 & @copa2015) THE ARGUEMENT WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT.........SOME THINGS ARE JUST MORE THAN A PLAYER..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
leggo:

..........................................YASHIN............................................

.......SANTOS........MOORE..........SCHNELLINGER......FACHETTI.......

....................................BECKENBAEUR...................................

.......GARRINCHA..............CHARLTON.......................BEST........

.........................DI STEFANO..........PELE................................

I am sure this is not the best possible team from that era, but if all these talents were in one club they would bury Barca or any other modern club. It should not even be up for debate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
Wow..... Scummies thread has been decimated into something else! LOL grin

I have been saying it for years, take Messi out of that La Liga and watch him struggle... Just leave Iniesta and Xavi behind!

This is one reason why I will never back down on an argument between CR7 and Messi.

CR7 has proven his mettle in another league at least.

Anyway back to whether Messi can stand toe to toe with Maradona and Pele, this is something not even worth stacking together

It is absolutely disrespectful to dip Messi or try to dip Messi into the same bath tub as Maradona or Pele!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
afrodoc2:

..........................................YASHIN............................................

.......SANTOS........MOORE..........SCHNELLINGER......FACHETTI.......

....................................BECKENBAEUR...................................

.......GARRINCHA..............CHARLTON.......................BEST........

.........................DI STEFANO..........PELE................................

I am sure this is not the best possible team from that era, but if all these talents were in one club they would bury Barca or any other modern club. It should not even be up for debate.

For a 90s Worldup winners flavour,

I'll go

..........................................TAFFARELL............................................

.......CAFU........MALDINI..........NESTA......ROBERTO CARLOS.......

....................................DUNGA...................................

.......PIRES..............ZIDANE.......................RIVALDO........

.........................RONALDO.........ROMARIO................................

The only weak(ish) link there to me is Pires... undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Gambit001 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.