Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8726122 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 16, 2015
coogar:

let's be fair.....
no one loves playing with the reserves. even young talented players don't like it. pogba, morrisson, etc all hated the reserve games....they do not motivate. if a player is asked to play in it to aid recovery from a long lay-off then no wahala. however, a legend like valdes is too big for reserve games.

another viewpoint - it depends on what the agreement was when we signed him. valdes must have known he was never going to bench de gea & we were out of all competitions so there wasn't going to be a game valdes would start for the senior team debarring de gea's injury.

so perhaps valdes was the one that broke the vows he made with LVG concerning game time!

Valdes needed to play games to boost his fitness. He'd been out for several months following knee surgery.
Where was he going to get those games except from reserve games?
Standard procedure, legend or not.
I know van Gaal can be strict and appear unreasonable, but the reality is that Valdes erred.
In the end no individual should be bigger than a club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:30am On Jul 16, 2015
StarBoard:

Valdes needed to play games to boost his fitness. He'd been out for several months following knee surgery.
Where was he going to get those games except from reserve games?
Standard procedure, legend or not.
I know van Gaal can be strict and appear unreasonable, but the reality is that Valdes erred.
In the end no individual should be bigger than a club.

Its as simple as ur explanation.

Don't mind Valdes, he wants to gain match fitness in an important match, he musta been praying De gea gets sold or injured.

I never really had confidence in him sef. Let him go to stoke or the likes with his legendary status he will play even when he is injured.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:38am On Jul 16, 2015
grin The 3 names all over the british press this morning 2 replace rvP and chicarito @ united are...Cavani, Lewandowski or Benteke! Who fits the bill and why?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hooged: 8:41am On Jul 16, 2015
funlord:
grin The 3 names all over the british press this morning 2 replace rvP and chicarito @ united are...Cavani, Lewandowski or Benteke! Who fits the bill and why?
they are all good, but I will pick Lewandowski or benteke
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 16, 2015
codedguy1:

Its as simple as ur explanation.

Don't mind Valdes, he wants to gain match fitness in an important match, he musta been praying De gea gets sold or injured.

I never really had confidence in him sef. Let him go to stoke or the likes with his legendary status he will play even when he is injured.
I think Valdes felt a little big for his own shoes.
He's achieved a whole lot in his career but he's no longer at Barca where he could be termed a leader.

For van Gaal to berate him in public means he musta gotten to the end of his rope with him.

Note that van Gaal is not the easiest to work with.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2015
funlord:
Easily Lewy.

I could manage Benteke as per EPL experience though his release clause isn't realistic.

But Falcao v2.0 Cavani is a no-no
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 8:58am On Jul 16, 2015
Goalkeeping crisis imminent ..... grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LTSHANGY: 9:03am On Jul 16, 2015
I am glad 'Chicharito' will get a chance under LVG this season, add a world class center forward like Lewandowski or Muller, then we are good to contend for the league title and champions league trophy. Sergio Ramos really wants United move but Real madrid has termed him 'unsellable'. Man united have to put in a bid close to 63 million pounds before an agreement could be reached, which United would be unwilling to pay for a 29 year old defender.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 16, 2015
Anyone seen hen's brain around this morning?

Ok, who are we signing today? wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LTSHANGY: 9:20am On Jul 16, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
I will take lindergaard over Valdez anyday, anytime.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 9:36am On Jul 16, 2015
StarBoard:
Anyone seen hen's brain around this morning?

Ok, who are we signing today? wink
You don dey find trouble oooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:37am On Jul 16, 2015
Getting a striker is quite sensitive for us at this stage and the reason is Rooney!

If we get a Lewandowski and Rooney is first choice it would be awkward having lewy on the bench and he won't be happy because a lewy is d kind of striker man U should be buying at this time.

On the other hand the likes of benteke will be more accommodating being on the bench with a Rooney playing, he will hope he gets his chance.

So do we buy a striker better than captain Rooney only to bench him or just buy a good striker who will be calm on the bench because captain Rooney must play?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 16, 2015
UniqueGem:
You don dey find trouble oooo
I hear him and his twin are gloating about "finishing our thread"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:46am On Jul 16, 2015
funlord:
God forbid we should go for Benteke; he's average and expensive. Benteke will cost 32.5 while Lewy is valued at 35+. Lewy or we look elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2015
codedguy1:
Getting a striker is quite sensitive for us at this stage and the reason is Rooney!

If we get a Lewandowski and Rooney is first choice it would be awkward having lewy on the bench and he won't be happy because a lewy is d kind of striker man U should be buying at this time.

On the other hand the likes of benteke will be more accommodating being on the bench with a Rooney playing, he will hope he gets his chance.

So do we buy a striker better than captain Rooney only to bench him or just buy a good striker who will be calm on the bench because captain Rooney must play?

that's the problem I've talked about. Then, I'd rather we go for Austin since he's free, I guess, and will be glad to start from the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:54am On Jul 16, 2015
LTSHANGY:
I like Lindegaard actually.... But he will always play second fiddle
I expect De Gea to leave and I expect his replacement to be the number 1!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Antell95(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2015
Valdez just posted this on Twitter grin grin

#Shotfired!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 10:12am On Jul 16, 2015
funlord:

...Dowski all the way proven at every club he went & for country too. fit as a flea, strong which is premier league standard. and UCL quality too. but he wouldn't wanna be benched at OT like he was a times at the Allianz arena.
cavani isnt all that as we have seen for club and country, even in times when IBRA & Suarez weren't around; he didn't rise to the occasion.
Bent eke on the other hand is a case of big fish-small pond @ villa. he's premier league standard but he hasn't played in the UCL and we don't know if he'd be a 20goal/season man. but can be sufficient back up for WR10. whilst offering a presence in the box which our recent strikers have not had.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2015
LTSHANGY:

me too. he used to give DDG a run for his money in SAF last season in charge. and we all know DDG is Spain's best gk. and in the top 5 gk's in the world right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Princeparix(m): 10:39am On Jul 16, 2015
For me I sincerely believe if LVG wants Lewy, he already has a playing plan beceause you can't bench a world class striker like Lewy or even Rooney.

For me and my family.... We trust LVG
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

I like Lindegaard actually.... But he will always play second fiddle
I expect De Gea to leave and I expect his replacement to be the number 1!
you lean on "expectations" now. no longer feeling too confident, are we?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 16, 2015
chrisley024:
that's the problem I've talked about. Then, I'd rather we go for Austin since he's free, I guess, and will be glad to start from the bench.
Stone Cold Steve austin?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2015
StarBoard:

Stone Cold Steve austin?
Charlie Austin of Qpr. He scored 18 this past season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:25am On Jul 16, 2015
StarBoard:
Stone Cold Steve austin?
I think Austin would be a good signing.. just look at him! Depay ------Austin-------Mata

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:34am On Jul 16, 2015
SailorXY:

you lean on "expectations" now. no longer feeling too confident, are we?

It will happen fam. Very imminent grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Antell95(m): 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
leggo:
I think Austin would be a good signing.. just look at him! Depay ------Austin-------Mata
Austin
HELL NO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mayordadon(m): 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
Antell95:

Austin

HELL NO!
omo dat guy is a classic player in tyms of long shot from distance. I #fink is gud 2 me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
leggo:

I think Austin would be a good signing.. just look at him!
Depay ------Austin-------Mata
We will be opening a can of whoop-a$$ on our oppponents
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
StarBoard:

We will be opening a can of whoop-a$$ on our oppponents
hell yeah...but I will prefer hulk hogan he looks like he would be a better header of the ball

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Real Madrid is definitely coming for De Gea. LVG is a useless coach for running down Valdes publicly like that. Ah well.....I should stop thinking highly of these scumtwats!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
leggo:

hell yeah...but I will prefer hulk hogan he looks like he would be a better header of the ball
Nah men.
Austin rules. Have you seen his skull?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
StarBoard:

Nah men.
Austin rules. Have you seen his skull?
Austin is good but Hulk hogan and his moustache fit my philosophy,
he is captain and he shall always play... it is hard to fit them all into the team but Austin knows he has to follow my philosophy then he shall play.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.