Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,350 members, 7,868,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1803) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8886734 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) (1806) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 10:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
sinizia:
grin
this is unfair, is Costa the first 45year old man with no child?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
grin wicked united supporters...

in other news, rumor has it that Di Maria will leave for Psg soon
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
leggo:
this is unfair, is Costa the first 45year old man with no child?
Numbers do not lie. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ocephraim(m): 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2015
...patiently waiting for Woodward to waltz in with the "surprise" stirker...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
Van Persie: Van Gaal never gave me a chance at Manchester United

[b]Robin van Persie has hit out at Louis van Gaal for not giving him the chance to prove his fitness at Manchester United.

The 31-year-old completed a surprise move to Fenerbahce earlier this month after falling spectacularly out of favour at Old Trafford during Van Gaal's first season in charge.

Van Persie made just four appearances over the final three months of the season after aggravating an ankle injury against Swansea City in February, and revealed he feared the worst when Van Gaal failed to bring him off the bench when United trailed 1-0 against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in April.

“That was one of the first signals things weren’t going in the right direction,” he told the Sunday Times.

“I asked to play in the reserves, to get my minutes, but after was on the bench again. The atmosphere changed between me and Louis and people at the club saw it, but I was always professional. At that point I didn’t think to leave. [Van Persie's wife] Bouchra was happy. The kids were happy. I was happy in Manchester.

“But I was still thinking we could come back from holiday and start from scratch. He had changed his mind about me before. When he took over Holland he said to me ‘You’re the No 3 striker.’ I was ‘O...K...’ but I fought and became the No 1 and his captain.

“But when I came back, it wasn’t an honest battle any more. Fighting to get back in the team wasn’t given me as an option. He was sending me to Pitch Two. And I’m a mature player. I’m not stupid. I didn’t get angry or emotional. These things are part of football, part of life. You have to make the best out of any situation so I’m doing this by moving on.

“I know Louis as a national team coach and now I get to know him as a club coach. And there is a difference.”[/b]

Hmm..I still believe LVG's tactics and philosophy hindered Falcao's rehabilitation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:

[b]Robin van Persie has hit out at Louis van Gaal for not giving him the chance to prove his fitness at Manchester United.

The 31-year-old completed a surprise move to Fenerbahce earlier this month after falling spectacularly out of favour at Old Trafford during Van Gaal's first season in charge.

Van Persie made just four appearances over the final three months of the season after aggravating an ankle injury against Swansea City in February, and revealed he feared the worst when Van Gaal failed to bring him off the bench when United trailed 1-0 against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in April.

“That was one of the first signals things weren’t going in the right direction,” he told the Sunday Times.

“I asked to play in the reserves, to get my minutes, but after was on the bench again. The atmosphere changed between me and Louis and people at the club saw it, but I was always professional. At that point I didn’t think to leave. [Van Persie's wife] Bouchra was happy. The kids were happy. I was happy in Manchester.

“But I was still thinking we could come back from holiday and start from scratch. He had changed his mind about me before. When he took over Holland he said to me ‘You’re the No 3 striker.’ I was ‘O...K...’ but I fought and became the No 1 and his captain.

“But when I came back, it wasn’t an honest battle any more. Fighting to get back in the team wasn’t given me as an option. He was sending me to Pitch Two. And I’m a mature player. I’m not stupid. I didn’t get angry or emotional. These things are part of football, part of life. You have to make the best out of any situation so I’m doing this by moving on.

“I know Louis as a national team coach and now I get to know him as a club coach. And there is a difference.”[/b]

Hmm..I still believe LVG's tactics and philosophy hindered Falcao's rehabilitation.

You are a Chelsea fan. You don't understand one bit all the torture we received last season from Van Persie's poor form, game after game. Van Gaal was given a job and a target to meet. He would have missed that target and lost his job barely one year in if not that the likes of Van Persie who he was patient with for many games but almost wrecked us and was pushed out. If he had kept playing, it would have been you coming here and making fun of us that we spent 150 mil pounds, yet couldn't qualify for Europe.

Van Gaal is a tougher version of Ferguson and that is what this club needed after the serial failure Moyes reduced us to the level of Everton. With Van Gaal, you get your chance, you mess up, you get out of the door. His philosophy is what matters and any player, no matter how close they are shall get the boot. This season we will be the strongest. Now everybody knows how ruthless the manager is. The club has enough money to replace any player before he even barks the door behind him. So Van Persie can cry all he want, we don't fu*king care. He should thank his stars he came to Man Utd and won a real trophy rather than stay in Arsenal winning FA cups and Asia cup....

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:

Mr. iPhone you don come?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 3:40am On Jul 20, 2015
LvG is rapping about philosophy because Man Utd has got money to spend. One day he would be required to build his own players just as AF did. Then we will see what comes of his philosophy.

That said, buy buy buy is not the key, adding more than three players to a team automatically changes the spine and structure of that team. We saw it here last season, Liverpool also saw theirs (they are making the same mistake), Tottenham has not recovered from the wasted windfall from Bale.

It is better to promote from within with at most three marquee signings.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 3:57am On Jul 20, 2015
Spy360:
LvG is rapping about philosophy because Man Utd has got money to spend. One day he would be required to build his own players just as AF did. Then we will see what comes of his philosophy.

That said, buy buy buy is not the key, adding more than three players to a team automatically changes the spine and structure of that team. We saw it here last season, Liverpool also saw theirs (they are making the same mistake), Tottenham has not recovered from the wasted windfall from Bale.

how may times has building from within succeeded in a top league? Those successes are the exceptions not the rule
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 6:34am On Jul 20, 2015
leggo:

how may times has building from within succeeded in a top league? Those successes are the exceptions not the rule
Sir Alex Ferguson's class of '92 is a classic example.
Arsene Wenger's '03/04 immortals another.
Guaduola's treble winning Barcelona of '08/09 a more recent.

Not to mention LvG's '95 Ajax UCL winners.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 6:38am On Jul 20, 2015
Spy360:

Now the emboldened is funny coming from a cheshit fan. How many players have chelsea as a club ever promoted from the reserve to the first team to become class? Ans=0(ZERO). Mourinho did not promote anybody from madrid castila, he bought and he won trophies, Mourinho did not and have not promoted anybody from your reserve but has won you the trophy. Man City nko, i'm not even sure if those once have resrve team sef, they bought all their players and have become winners and top contenders, PSG the same. Why do you guys keep equating us with Tottenham? If anybody should be in a category with Tottenham, that club shoould be your darling chelshit. Okay now, with all the promotions Le prof have been giving players, is he considered a winner?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 6:45am On Jul 20, 2015
Spy360:

Now people look at this^. He only has three examples and unsuprisingly his team is not there. His team he considers best in England is not there and he comes here to preach building a team for us, isn't that hipocrisy? You guys should stop this nonsense na, always trying to give what you don't have. Go to your thread and advice mourinho to build from scratch before coming here to advice LVG.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:53am On Jul 20, 2015
Spy360:

Yeah, like Chelshit didn't buy truckload of star players before they could win the EPL after gazillion years, right? Like PSG never bought many stars before they could win Ligue 1, shey?

Like Man Citeh is using their youth team all these years and the likes of Clichy, Yaya, Toure, Nasiri, Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Ballotelli, Silva, Milner, De Jong, Nastacic, Garcia, Fernadinho, Fernando, etc, were all youth of Citeh, right?

*yawns* y'all better face the harsh fact that FFP won't restrict us as we make more than thrice the money we spend, so i understand your fears. grin cool

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:02am On Jul 20, 2015
UniqueGem:
Now people look at this^. He only has three examples and unsuprisingly his team is not there. His team he considers best in England is not there and he comes here to preach building a team for us, isn't that hipocrisy? You guys should stop this nonsense na, always trying to give what you don't have. Go to your thread and advice mourinho to build from scratch before coming here to advice LVG.

Don't mind those annoying Wailing Wailers who are severely pained that Man Utd wants to show them we've been keeping quiet for so long and now it's showtime!!! They expect us to build teams like Assanal and languish in mid-table so that they can gloat. They're like those obnoxious AssAnal fans who were too broke to afford Schinerdelin and started hating on us when we got him this season. Chelshit has spent more than Man Utd since Sugar Daddy Abrahimovic arrived and these hypocrites are telling us trash. Pained Chelshit fans. As long as we didn't break FFP rules, we'll buy whoever we want to buy. We are an elite club and we do elite deals. cool

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2015
sinizia:

Don't mind those annoying Wailing Wailers who are severely pained that Man Utd wants to show them we've been keeping quiet for so long and now it's showtime!!! They expect us to build teams like Assanal and languish in mid-table so that they can gloat. They're like those obnoxious AssAnal fans who were too broke to afford Schinerdelin and started hating on us when we got him this season. Chelshit has spent more than Man Utd since Sugar Daddy Abrahimovic arrived and these hypocrites are telling us trash. Pained Chelshit fans. As long as we didn't break FFP rules, we'll buy whoever we want to buy. We are an elite club and we do elite deals. cool
I tire for them ooo.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:22am On Jul 20, 2015
He's an assnal fan.

He just mentioned 2-3 cases out of the many times CL has been won. It is sth that occasionally happens and why assnal has been trophy less for years and would have remained so if not the purchase of Ozil and Sanchez. Let's see how this Barca replace from within.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 7:48am On Jul 20, 2015
Spy360:
Sir Alex Ferguson's class of '92 is a classic example. Arsene Wenger's '03/04 immortals another. Guaduola's treble winning Barcelona of '08/09 a more recent.
How about the rest of the time where constantly buying has resulted in success??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 20, 2015
Spy360:

Drivel.
How many of Wenger's invincibles were homegrown/promoted from within?
David Bentley (negligible impact that season), ashley cole, Martin Keown(7 league apps that season), Ray Parlour are the only members of that side that were promoted from within.

The era of winning league titles with largely players from within is done.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2015
StarBoard:

Mr. iPhone you don come?
Attention Seeker how are you doing today?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:12am On Jul 20, 2015
Spy360:

Jose mourhino's 2004 FC Porto.

You even named wenger who couldn't win treble or rather ucl but excluded Jose mourhino..lol.. The beef is real.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:
Attention Seeker how are you doing today?
Hehehe
Scammer how market?
Is your iPhone working today?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:19am On Jul 20, 2015
StarBoard:

Hehehe
how market?
Is your iPhone working today?
it only take a scammer to know one so mr attention seeker are you also a scammer? Hehehe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:22am On Jul 20, 2015
UniqueGem:
jose did it with fc porto 2004.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:27am On Jul 20, 2015
UniqueGem:
Now the emboldened is funny coming from a cheshit fan. How many players have chelsea as a club ever promoted from the reserve to the first team to become class? Ans=0(ZERO). Mourinho did not promote anybody from madrid castila, he bought and he won trophies, Mourinho did not and have not promoted anybody from your reserve but has won you the trophy. Man City nko, i'm not even sure if those once ave resrve team sef, they bought all their players and have become winners and top contenders, PSG the same. Why do you guys keep equating us with Tottenham? If anybody should be in a category with Tottenham, that club shoould be your darling chelshit. Okay now, with all the promotions Le prof have been giving players, is he considered a winner?
john terry was promoted from Chelsea academy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:
john terry was promoted from Chelsea a ademy
LOL!!! Isn't it funny? Since ur inception you can only boast of John Terry as your product, yet you feel you have enough to lecture man utd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:37am On Jul 20, 2015
@spy I don't get u at all. You think football is still in those stages of home grown talent? Take a look at the Barca team dat won d treble last year, how many home grown players were in d squad? SAF that u used as an example even supports the spending LVG's embarked on cos he sees it as a necessity for success ,you think if SAF had big signings in his team that he wouldn't hv won more than the 2 UCL titles he won?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:39am On Jul 20, 2015
UniqueGem:
LOL!!! Isn't it funny? Since ur inception you can only boast of John Terry as your product, yet you feel you have enough to lecture man utd.
but you said none undecided..more will follow soonest so relax.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 8:44am On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:
but you said none undecided..more will follow soonest so relax.
You should be ashamed you have to search.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:53am On Jul 20, 2015
UniqueGem:
You should be ashamed you have to search.
manure fan n their mumu talk, always whining. Did I search? Who doesn't know terry came out from Chelsea academy huh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 9:01am On Jul 20, 2015
hensben:
manure fan n their mumu talk, always whining. Did I search? Who doesn't know terry came out from Chelsea academy huh.
Okay, but.......
hensben:
but you said none undecided.. more will follow soonest so relax.
What does this mean?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2015
UniqueGem:
Okay, but....... What does this mean?
in that phrase, I meant more academy players will gain promotion soonest considering we are about to expand SB and our academies are doing great.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) (1806) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.