Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1989) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9158668 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) (1991) (1992) ... (14373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
nyabinghi:
post the top 50 strikers in the last 20 years, dont forget to add david bellion, kaba diawara, francis jeffers et al.

if i post it, you would wail in agony.
from 1995 t0 2015, rooney wouldn't be in the top 50 strikers in europe. rooney that has never topped the scorer's charts of his own domestic league? are you trolling or what?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
StarBoard:

grin
Ruud left because of Saha. Mo gbe.

that's an M.Sc. Holder coming to a conclusion without any analysis.

we have already established that m.sc graduation ceremony was photo-shopped.
don't open his can of worms this evening abeg.... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
coogar:

if i post it, you would wail in agony.
from 1995 t0 2015, rooney wouldn't be in the top 50 strikers in europe. rooney that has never topped the scorer's charts of his own domestic league? are you trolling or what?

How can someone who can't quote properly be able to troll?
You sef dey give dat fellow too much credit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
StarBoard:

How can someone who can't quote properly be able to troll?
You sef dey give dat fellow too much credit.

he's a fellow united supporter.......
i think he is entitled to freedom of speech.....but i cannot guarantee his freedom after speech. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
coogar:

he's a fellow united supporter.......
i think he is entitled to freedom of speech.....but i cannot guarantee his freedom after speech. grin cheesy
Freedom should be deprived for those who make senseless and nonsensical statements like Rudd left United because of Saha (of all people).

If that is coming from a supposed Master's degree holder then I am ashamed of my alma mater for producing this drivel manufacturing machine of a graduate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
This is BullShit. Really?? Italy??

http://tmgapp.com/england-in-danger-of-losing-4th-ucl-spot-as-bundesliga-overtakes-premier-league/

How is it Bullshit? Is the ranking not based on performance?

This season West Ham and Southampton have been knocked out of EUrope and you think its bullshit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
StarBoard:

Freedom should be deprived for those who make senseless and nonsensical statements like Rudd left United because of Saha (of all people).

If that is coming from a supposed Master's degree holder then I am ashamed of my alma mater for producing this drivel manufacturing machine of a graduate.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
StarBoard:

multiple shots fired by Starboard grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
StarBoard:

it's shocking to hear that from a degree holder.
this is like saying suarez left because of sturridge or sterling. grin even when ruud left united, he still won the pichichi for real madrid. i think nyabinghi is high on paraga as usual.

raumdeuter:

How is it Bullshit? Is the ranking not based on performance?
This season West Ham and Southampton have been knocked out of EUrope and you think its bullshit

it is based on performance but that UEFA ranking does not paint the full picture. it's a disrespect to england that they might lose their place to italy when england has actually contributed more in the last 10 years than any other league in the history of the champions league.

FINALISTS in the last 10 years

04/05 - liverpool + ac milan
05/06 - arsenal + barcelona
06/07 - liverpool + ac milan
07/08 - man utd + chelsea
08/09 - man utd + barcelona
09/10 - bayern + inter milan

10/11 - man utd + barcelona
11/12 - chelsea + bayern
12/13 - bayern + dortmund
13/14 - real madrid + athletico madrid
14/15 - barcelona + juventus

an english team played the UCL final 8 times shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
spanish team 6 times, german team 4 times, serie a 4 times....

i agree english teams have not exactly covered themselves in glory in the last 3 years or so but that should not rubbish their achievements entirely. there's no other league that has dominated the champions league finals like english teams have done in the history of the reformed champions league. english teams deserve some credits.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
^^

UEFA and everyone give more credence to what happens recently than what happened 10 yrs ago

Its like Saying AC Milan or Liverpool is a better team CURRENTLY than Atletico Madrid or Bayern because AC Milan won the CL 2 times between 03-07 and Liverpool played 2 CL finals in that time frame

WHen EPL clubs were tops they were ranked 1 now they are failing and are properly named 3rd maybe soon to be 4th in the ranking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
raumdeuter:
^^

UEFA and everyone give more credence to what happens recently than what happened 10 yrs ago

Its like Saying AC Milan or Liverpool is a better team CURRENTLY than Atletico Madrid or Bayern because AC Milan won the CL 2 times between 03-07 and Liverpool played 2 CL finals in that time frame

WHen EPL clubs were tops they were ranked 1 now they are failing and are properly named 3rd maybe soon to be 4th in the ranking

5 years is a small sample size in comparison to 10 years.
like i said, the english league's performance has dropped drastically in the last 3 years but that shouldn't be a yardstick to give their slot to italy or even germany. 8 english teams played in the finals in the last 11 seasons......do you know any other league in europe that has dominated it more since 92/93 season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
parrotibaba:
another shot fired?

*orders suya n heineken from konga*
konga ke gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
coogar:

like i said, the english league's performance has dropped drastically in the last 3 years but that shouldn't be a yardstick to give their slot to italy or even germany. 8 english teams played in the finals in the last 11 seasons......do you know any other league in europe that has dominated it more since 92/93 season?

If we use 11 seasons ago then AC Milan and Liverpool should be some of the teams to fear with thoughts for Deportivo(who have relegated since then and comeback). . About 11 seasons ago Man City was battling division 2, PSG has no hope 11 season ago Barca hadnt won anything in Europe and were struggling in UEFA cup

WHat has ranking in 2015 got to do with performances of 2004 when Ronaldinho and Shevchenko were the best players in Europe

If they ask you to rank Nigerian musicians now 2015 you mean we should rank Tony Tetuila, Jazzman Olofin and Idris as tops not Davido, Wizkid and Olamide?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joeace3000(m): 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
Eva just called me.... she placed a curse on chelsea... no title till mourinho begs crawling on all fours...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
TheNonce:
undecided

You are literally too _stupid to insult! Please kindly get the _fuck off my mentions or links because I have made it a rule not to engage in banter with primates with access to their zoo keepers phone! Bloody neanderthal! No wonder your idiocy has been cast in concrete on this thread!
you sound like
god put the brain of a goat in ur head. You are a
consumate retard with
spermflakes in ur grey matter,it is like insanity runs io ur family
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
shocked
parrotibaba:
kai!!! FunLord/TheNonce replies with a thunderous back palm slap

Can you imagine the yob? Even after providing links he was still trying to insult a brother for pointing out his fallacy! Abeg make the _twunt just allow me serve my sentence in peace oh! Or else.......

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea Fans gonna be praying (many will have a night vigil) to see us losing tomorrow!
Some will carry concoction (fetish) to a T-Junction in the wee hour of the night to appease (evil) gods.
But they should know for sure, all are in vain!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
It`s now official
Jonny Evans now WBA player.
Blackett on loan to Celtic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
A Car can't do without fuel, so is this thread; it can't do without bashing!
Chai!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
tess1:
It`s now official

Jonny Evans now WBA player.

Blackett on loan to Celtic

Good luck to him. sad to see the club having so few academy players in the first team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
coogar:

5 years maybe small or not but it is what is currently used by UEFA and as a result our performances in that last 5 has been declining badly. if we continue at this rate for another 2 then, we would lose that 4th spot deservedly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
nyabinghi:
In the 2011-12 and 2009-10 seasons, Rooney scored 34 times in all competitions.

Rooney’s overall United tally of 233 goals places him behind only Sir Bobby Charlton, who holds the club record with 249 and Denis Law, who scored 237.

Rooney longest run without a goal for United – a 12-game streak between December 2005 and February 2006(He wasnt fat then)

EPL goals for United 170 in 343 games with him shunted all over the place.

FA cup 19 in 33 games

Euro competitions for United 36 in 83 2 shy of ruud van nistelrooy

England 48 in 105

If this guy is shyte 99% of players are shyte.

Your stat wouldn't be complete if you don't add Assist

Rooney has only played number 9 once in 2009/10 and he outscored Nistelrooy's best scoring season in the EPL. Nistelrooy best scoring season 2002/3 with 25 goals. Rooney scored 26 in 2009/10.

Rooney should really be compared to Cantona because they both were 10. There, Rooney outperformed Cantona. Rooney even played in the wing almost throughout his first season for United.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
TheNonce:
shocked

Can you imagine the yob? Even after providing links he was still trying to insult a brother for pointing out his fallacy! Abeg make the _twunt just allow me serve my sentence in peace oh! Or else.......

You need to see this dude like 12-15 years ago yarning embarrassing dust as a United fan in the TV/common room. Raumdeuter is my witness.
This trait of yarning opals is inbuilt and sequenced in his DNA. . .

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
I know its still early but I have a feeling Bournemouth, crystal Palace and leicester will cause problems for traditional top teams this season not to talk of the other teams.

We would need to be careful with them.

MrTA:

5 years maybe small or not but it is what is currently used by UEFA and as a result our performances in that last 5 has been declining badly. if we continue at this rate for another 2 then, we would lose that 4th spot deservedly.

Especially when Man u have not faired well in last 5yrs with our brothers Arsenal who have made it a tradition to finish second regularly in their group and then fall out in the round of 16 as if its a curse. Chelsea is trying.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
codedguy1:
I know its still early but I have a feeling Bournemouth, crystal Palace and leicester will cause problems for traditional top teams this season not to talk of the other teams.

We would need to be careful with them.

Especially when Man u have not faired well in last 5yrs with our brothers Arsenal who have made it a tradition to finish second regularly in their group and then fall out in the round of 16 as if its a curse. Chelsea is trying.
This coefficient palava isn't a problem
The epl teams will do well in the UCL this season.
We'll take the 2nd spot back from germany sef.
We just need liverpool and spurs to have semi decent runs in europa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
[quote author=nyabinghi post=37455054][/quote]

If Rooney didn't play behinf Heskey, Crouch, Defoe, Carol, it would be fair to compare him with Ibrahimovic, etc.

Rooney has always been a number 10, only recently they started focusing him as the arrow head. Even now he still plays behind Wekbeck or Sturridge. He also played in the wing last year for England and at the world cup.

I don't want the arguing but I had to point out these things. Good I came here today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
In the Champions League, Rooney has scored more than any EPL player crucial stages. If SAF had not been resting him against low European teams, he would have scored far more. Such matches as Roma home, Schalke 04 home etc. SAF rested Rooney. Also many final group matches when we had already qualified. Even in cheap EPL fixtures when we had a UCL game.

After we got the job done in Rome, Rooney and Ronaldo were rested while Tevez was asked to play. Against Schalke we won heavily in Germany, Rooney was rested while Berbatov was asked to play the home fixtures. Etc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
SIRcumalot:

This coefficient palava isn't a problem
The epl teams will do well in the UCL this season.
We'll take the 2nd spot back from germany sef.
We just need liverpool and spurs to have semi decent runs in europa.

United are back in the CL let's hope with oga Plato we come in with a bang as if we never left.

Arsenal are in Bayerns group, it seems they will finish 2nd again and end up getting booted out in the round of 16.

We don't exactly know what this Chelsea team will look like in the CL. They seem to know how to navigate in europe sha.

Man City - I dey sidon look them. They do so well in the EPL and are so dismal in Europe.

As per Liverpool and Tottenham, you never know what u will get from those two.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
Rumours online that LvG has told Hernandez to leave if any offers come by Tuesday.

Very annoying how we're losing all these players but no replacements. Particularly in attack.

I really believe LvG made a big mistake selling RvP.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
Look for Nistelrooy on this list, you will not see him. Rooney was busy feeding him and Alan Smith.

Premier League All time most assists
Assists Assist name
Ryan Giggs
Steven Gerrard
Frank Lampard
Wayne Rooney
Francesc Fabregas
Thierry Henry
James Milner
Robin van Persie
Gareth Barry
Ashley Young
Stewart Downing
Didier Drogba
Danny Murphy
Peter Crouch
David Silva
Nolberto Solano
Damien Duff
Aaron Lennon
Nani
Dennis Bergkamp
Mikel Arteta
Morten Gamst Pedersen
Leighton Baines
Nicolas Anelka
Dimitar Berbatov
Cristiano Ronaldo
Paul Scholes
Luis Antonio Valencia
David Beckham
Charles N'Zogbia
Robbie Keane
Kevin Davies
Jermaine Pennant
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
Chris Brunt
Michael Carrick
Steed Malbranque
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Robert Pires
Paolo Di Canio
Gabriel Agbonlahor
Carlos Tevez
Andrew Cole
Theo Walcott
Juan Mata
Matthew Etherington
Emile Heskey
Emmanuel Adebayor
Samir Nasri
Bobb
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
StarBoard:

You need to see this dude like 12-15 years ago yarning embarrassing dust as a United fan in the TV/common room. Raumdeuter is my witness.
This trait of yarning opals is inbuilt and sequenced in his DNA. . .

Another shot fired by Starboard grin

*sips chilled water *
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
Lastly, as far as I know, Rooney has the best record in EPL against top UCL oppositions in UCL knockout stages. Only Madrid he hasn't scored against. If only our best goal getter was on the field in a central role at Old Trafford on that night.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) (1991) (1992) ... (14373) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: segzysexy(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.