Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,423 members, 7,864,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878138 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:17pm On May 08, 2013
David Cameron: Sir Alex Ferguson's achievement at MUFC has been exceptional. Hopefully his retirement will make life a little easier for my team(Aston Villa).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 4:23pm On May 08, 2013
honestly I am not too bothered. with SAF, David Gill and Sir Bobby involved in the decision on whom to appoint. I am sure they will make a sure footed decision. unlike Kenyon who got infatuated with Sven Erikson and had basically guaranteed him the job when SAF was initially going to retire in 02, despite disagreements from other higher ups.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 4:27pm On May 08, 2013
tell me it is not Moyes nor Maureen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 4:30pm On May 08, 2013
Ferguson:
Last home defeat - Chelsea
Last FA Cup defeat - Chelsea
Last League Cup defeat - Chelsea
Last Charity Shield defeat - Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On May 08, 2013
David Moyes?

I dey laff ooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 08, 2013
1025: Ferguson:
chelsea is bigger dan man utd. oya clap for ursef. R u happy now??bt serzly..r u dis d.u.m.b??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 5:51pm On May 08, 2013
Atleast you need to console yourself with that since your club is not competing for the league. Dumbo!
Check this out: since the inception of PL in '92
Chelsea- £842m (3 titles)
Man city- £704m (1 title)
Liverpool- £602m (0 title)
Man united- £532 (13 titles) all courtesy of one man.
#knock yourself out#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On May 08, 2013
So na the fear of Bayern chase Ferguson comot

In the Premier League, the resources of Chelsea and Manchester City far exceed those of United, who remain burdened by the debts imposed on them by the Glazer family. Chelsea have spent around four times as much money as United over the past five years, and that sort of spending is bound to tell eventually, no matter how many bizarre managerial decisions Roman Abramovich makes. City, meanwhile, have just hired two of Barcelona's most senior men to transform them into a global superpower, and are sure to come out all guns blazing in the summer transfer window as they seek to reclaim the Premier League title.
In Europe, the challenge facing United appears even more ominous. Bayern Munich have emerged as Europe's leading club, and the new parameters set by Financial Fair Play appear perfectly suited to their savvy approach to spending and deal-making. The German club are already in the Champions League final, having beaten Barcelona 7-0 on aggregate, and they are about to become even stronger with the arrival of Pep Guariola as coach and Mario Gotze as star player.
Ferguson has spent the past five years desperately trying to match Barcelona; the challenge ultimately proved beyond him, as United were utterly eclipsed by the Catalans in two Champions League finals. With an even more daunting prospect appearing on the horizon, the United manager may have finally ducked the challenge, content to bow out with his reputation at its zenith
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 6:13pm On May 08, 2013

Ferguson's last champions league trophy was against chelsea in moscow.
Ferguson left chelsea without a coach.
Ferguson left chelsea trophyless
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nateevs(m): 6:24pm On May 08, 2013
United fans on talksports totally ripping into the United hierarchy on the possible appointment David Moyes. I guess this will be Moyes' first test.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:24pm On May 08, 2013
I think this Fergie retirement is not voluntary. The board must have reviewed his response time to events on the pitch, his health, erratic selection & substitutions, etc & felt it was the best time for him to step down. If Mourinho is available & willing to build on Sir Alex's achievement for real, then I see no better available replacement, altho I'ld have preferred the more cool-headed Guardiola but Mourinho can build a legacy as well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 6:47pm On May 08, 2013
SailorXY: I think this Fergie retirement is not voluntary. The board must have reviewed his response time to events on the pitch, his health, erratic selection & substitutions, etc & felt it was the best time for him to step down. If Mourinho is available & willing to build on Sir Alex's achievement for real, then I see no better available replacement, altho I'ld have preferred the more cool-headed Guardiola but Mourinho can build a legacy as well
Do you think the board have the gut to sack fergie , he ought to have retired last season but he changed his mind after city won the league#according to report# if there is any time the club needs fergie the most, it is now he is the face of the club, do you know the impact his retirement could have on the club's valuation? It is strictly on health basis, they just decided to keep it from the press so as not to destabilize the team during the season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 7:05pm On May 08, 2013
David Moyes has held talks with Everton chairman Bill Kenwright this evening, having emerged as the clear frontrunner to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, reports BBC Sport's Ben Smith.

The 50-year-old took training as normal this morning, but it is understood he has since travelled to London to meet his chairman before watching the Premier League match between Chelsea and Tottenham at Stamford Bridge.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:27pm On May 08, 2013
n0m0705:
Do you think the board have the gut to sack fergie , he ought to have retired last season but he changed his mind after city won the league#according to report# if there is any time the club needs fergie the most, it is now he is the face of the club, do you know the impact his retirement could have on the club's valuation? It is strictly on health basis, they just decided to keep it from the press so as not to destabilize the team during the season

No chance. Fergie's job was never under threat last season. Its more related to health than anything else. Even Wigan Chairman Dave Whelan said it last year that this would be Fergie's last season but we all laughed at him. it was never an option to sack him after last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:32pm On May 08, 2013
So Coogar, you now agree that there is a debt problem. This your ability to change position just to make a point is some times amusing. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:50pm On May 08, 2013
So much for central midfielders and big name players. The most important signing of not just this window, but probably of the last 2 decades is upon us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 8:40pm On May 08, 2013
elampiro:

Come up with the evidence why United should not be champions. Period!

Every team benefit from referees errors, if you were to compile fairly, United will be far behind City and Arsenal in favours received, irrespective of the period or range of review. You will be surprised United negatives will be higher than the positives. Incase you don't know, there is a chart for this.

These things do no need so much argument. These are the facts for last season when Man City won the league by goals difference. Man United would have won the league if so many decisions had not gone against the team.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 8:46pm On May 08, 2013
El Guapo:

Mind You, this 'claim' is not Just about this Season alone.

Now u know how Voluminous the Evidences u're Clamoring for would Look like.

This is for the current season (2012/2013) after 30-31 games. Can you post your own facts if you are really serious about all claims about refs assisting Man United more than any team.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:55pm On May 08, 2013
We can erect more statues and even rename more stands after SAF, but how do you thank someone who literally made the impossible dream, possible? Don't mess up what he helped build.

Considering the suddenness of the decision, I really hope his health is strong enough for him to really enjoy himself now that he will have time on his hands (but I doubt anything will be as exciting to him as football was). Let him enjoy his time with his family more (it was amusing watching him with his grand kids during the final home games at O.T every season). Hopefully his increased presence at home doesn't drive Lady Cathy crazy like the last time, which made her rescind his decision to retire. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 8:58pm On May 08, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 9:25pm On May 08, 2013
El Guapo:

You guys deserved the Win - Goin' by the Lacklustre display we putted up.

Same great Barcelona that we'd keep at Bay when we Square up for a showdown? We really play to our strength Coog, never waiting on cheap Penalties!

Cared to check the EPL team with most PK this term? I've not checked, but am certain u folks are there in ur Place.

You got it all wrong again. Posting what you don't know. Do you realize that your Chelsea have the most number of penalties in English Premier League since 2002/2003 t0 2012/2013 season? Always get your facts right before posting here. These are computed facts, not hearsay or what you think. Even this current season Chelsea has the most number of penalties in the EPL. Whay do you say to this?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:55pm On May 08, 2013
http://www.nandos.co.uk/blog/food/nandosfergietime-3918/

So, after 26 years in charge, Sir Alex Ferguson is finally calling it a day at Manchester United. Now he can spend time enjoying the finer things in life – golf, extended holidays, and helpings of PERi-PERi chicken.

And what better way to celebrate the legend that is Sir Alex, by keeping our Manchester restaurants open for an extra five minutes this evening. We’re calling it #NandosFergieTime.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:01pm On May 08, 2013
Anyone worried about Rooney's departure since he and Moyes dont get on?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:59pm On May 08, 2013
Do we have a confirmed manager yet or is this Moyes story speculation?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:04am On May 09, 2013
SailorXY: Do we have a confirmed manager yet or is this Moyes story speculation?

david gill has gone to meet jorge mendes. mendes is the agent of jose mourinho..........and cristiano ronaldo! whoever the meeting is centred on remains to be seen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:05am On May 09, 2013
Mr_TA: Anyone worried about Rooney's departure since he and Moyes dont get on?
for me, rooney can go to blazes! hernandez must not be allowed to leave no matter what, he will be the biggest loss of all our forwards alongside nani
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2013
coogar:

david gill has gone to meet jorge mendes. mendes is the agent of jose mourinho..........and cristiano ronaldo! whoever the meeting is centred on remains to be seen.

mendez also represents nani. they could be trashing out terms for an extension to his contract.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:22am On May 09, 2013
SailorXY: for me, rooney can go to blazes! hernandez must not be allowed to leave no matter what, he will be the biggest loss of all our forwards alongside nani

Rooney should be the first we should hope he stays. If not for Rooney there is no way United could have won in Ethihad. In the UCL group stage he provided some clever tele assists to RVP. Chicha, Welbeck, Kagawa can only shine locally. Roone only needs to play regularly, get his happiness on tract at Old Trafford and he can help us get past big teams locally and in Europe in Europe. Let us not forget so soon what this guy is capable of. I still believe Kagawa was not necessary as long as Rooney is around. Though Kagawa is an Asian interest.

Unfortunately now, Rooney has requested to leave. Chelsea, PSG and Bayern are lined up. But United not ready to let go easily. He was given a four year contract extension since but he is yet to sign. Rooney has the ability to hold the ball under pressure for long while allowing our players to run into positions, then he makes intelligent passes and switches play from one angle to the other. He is also good at counter attack. Chicharito cannot do this but he scores in domestic games, Welbeck can also hold possession but not to the level Rooney does and switches play, not to talk of the fact that Welbeck doesn't score and lacking in final ball.s. RVP too is not so comfortable holding possession for long, so if RVP and Chicharito are to play who will give them passes? Kagawa is yet to prove himself in fast paced games and big games.

Rooney departure will further greatly leave a big vacuum in our midfield. Kagawa can never fill the shoes. It will make Giggs to add another year or two.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:39am On May 09, 2013
Rumours: Rooney requested o leave, Ronaldo set to return.

.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2321466/Wayne-Rooney-asks-leave-Manchester-United-Cristiano-Ronaldo-nears-return-Alex-Ferguson-retires.html?ito=feeds-newsxml ........

Rooney is said to have now removed Manchester United from his twitter. I don't follow him on twitter so I can't confirm that. But his facebook account remains same.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 8:46am On May 09, 2013
elampiro: Rumours: Rooney requested o leave, Ronaldo set to return.

.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2321466/Wayne-Rooney-asks-leave-Manchester-United-Cristiano-Ronaldo-nears-return-Alex-Ferguson-retires.html?ito=feeds-newsxml ........

Rooney is said to have now removed Manchester United from his twitter. I don't follow him on twitter so I can't confirm that. But his facebook account remains same.

I saw this on Supersports twitter update this morning.
Let me look at Rooney's handle. I know they never get on Rooney and Moyes but whatever it is, something has to give. Either Rooney, Moyes or their quarrel. I think the quarrel.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 9:13am On May 09, 2013
MAN UTD LATEST
News of Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement caused an initial dip in Manchester United's share price on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday, but by the close of trading it had recovered.

From an opening price of £12.08, the shares fell by as much as 4.5 per cent and then revived significantly.

The value of a share at the close of trading was £11.87, 33 cents down - a 1.76 per cent drop - and still higher than the share price on Friday last week.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:31am On May 09, 2013
I'm pretty much 50/50 Rooney going or staying. I think he's definitely gone this summer though. Just hope we get good money for him. I knew he's not going to play under Moyes. Just hope we get a top replacement like Falcao or Lewandowski.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.