Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,859 members, 7,848,489 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:29 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8831827 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 10:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
tess1:

It`s 6 - 8 weeks.
U are right, didn't even know the Manchester derby is on the 25th of ds month.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
wink

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
homesteady:

A player who was an integral part of a world cup, Euro cup, and 2 times treble winning squad not an Elite player?

Pique is an elite defender anyday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Lol...y'all gimme a break jor, I wasn't tryna diss, I stumbled on it here on Nairaland, it was too funny I had to post it here. cheesycheesycheesytonguetongue
you mean you didn't 'stumble' on it when it was posted on your thread after the lashing from Man City? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
SailorXY:
you mean you didn't 'stumble' on it when it was posted on your thread after the lashing from Man City? grin grin

Didn't even know it was posted on the Chelsea thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:38am On Oct 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

Why would Messi win this years Ballon D or despite him not going to play till almost year end. Messi has already won the Balon D or by June. even if he doesnt kick a ball till the end of the year

Ribery and Robben didnt even play the CL quarter finals and their contribution when they played didnt match what Suarez or Neymar displayed vs PSg
I think suarez or neymar can win this year if they should just start scoring or giving assist like crazy as messi don injure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:54am On Oct 10, 2015
homesteady:

If Pique is not an elite defender, then I wonder who qualifies to be an elite defender!
Elite is the wrong word.
Despite what the numbers would've us believe barca's defence isn't very good.
Only team that fetishize possession like barca and Man utd can get away with playing a DM as a CB.
Am almost certain mascherano doesn't play defence for argentina.
And their are many defenders I would pick before pique.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 10, 2015
Lol funlord i just dey tank pes2015 since that time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 4:20am On Oct 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Lol funlord i just dey tank pes2015 since that time

Do you play online? wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 10, 2015
coded01:

Do you play online? wink

Naaah. i downloaded it for free so the online version doesn't work. If i had gotten it legit from steam, then it would have worked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 5:53am On Oct 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Naaah. i downloaded it for free so the online version doesn't work. If i had gotten it legit from steam, then it would have worked

Ok... Enjoy... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 7:49am On Oct 10, 2015
homesteady:

A player who was an integral part of a world cup, Euro cup, and 2 times treble winning squad not an Elite player?

I believe Pique has been among the top 3 defenders in the world in the last 6 years. A top class elite defender.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 7:53am On Oct 10, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Elite is the wrong word.
Despite what the numbers would've us believe barca's defence isn't very good.
Only team that fetishize possession like barca and Man utd can get away with playing a DM as a CB.
Am almost certain mascherano doesn't play defence for argentina.
And their are many defenders I would pick before pique.

Please name your best 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:54am On Oct 10, 2015
Pique and boatank among the top 3 defenders in the world.. Alright then
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 8:57am On Oct 10, 2015
PietroRico:
Pique and boatank among the top 3 defenders in the world.. Alright then
if those are among world best defenders it no wonder that defending has become shitty this days.
That jodi Alba pass that caused the equaliser against leverkusen readily comes to my mind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:20am On Oct 10, 2015
homesteady:

I can now see the direction where you are headed...

However, I think you should address the "elite" issue from the perspective of a player's ability & quality ( I think that's what sircumalot is particular about ).

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:26am On Oct 10, 2015
Debroslink:

I believe Pique has been among the top 3 defenders in the world in the last 6 years. A top class elite defender.

That's because of the obvious dearth in quality defenders nowadays...

How exactly has pique been better than mascherano in that barca setup??

We keep reminding you of the fact that possession football would always mask the deficiencies of rubbish defenders like Pique but una no go gree...

Na this same possession football dey make people feel say a relatively mediocre Busquets can be mentioned in the same breath with the likes of Alonso (in his prime), Makelele, Viera etc.

Na wa oo

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2015
Dadehmola:

That's because of the obvious dearth in quality defenders nowadays...

How exactly has pique been better than mascherano in that barca setup??

We keep reminding you of the fact that possession football would always mask the deficiencies of rubbish defenders like Pique but una no go gree...

Na this same possession football dey make people feel say a relatively mediocre Busquets can be mentioned in the same breath with the likes of Alonso (in his prime), Makelele, Viera etc.

Na wa oo

They're Barca fans so nothing you say will convince them. Pique is a very good defender but never an "elite" defender.

The truth is, Barca is the only team that consistently (or whenever they want) plays a 3-man defense and still destroy their opponents. NO other team can try that shít!! Barca played Yaya, a DM as a CB in a 3-man defense and still outclassed United in a UCL final. No team can take that risk. Barca is so good that Busquets or Mascherano who are both DMs can play CB in a match and still whoop their opponents while bossing 80% possession. Take Pique to the average United and watch how he'll fare. Barca over the years has always identified defense as their weak point, but they don't bother coz they don't allow other teams test their defense. On the few occasions other teams did, their defenders have been found wanting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 10:52am On Oct 10, 2015
Dadehmola:

I can now see the direction where you are headed...

However, I think you should address the "elite" issue from the perspective of a player's ability & quality ( I think that's what sircumalot is particular about ).

In any criteria you want to use, Piqué is still among the elite defenders!
Though he lost form for a season or two, but it wasn't only him but the whole team!
Last season he was like the best defender in Europe - That's why he made La liga and UEFA team of the season!
Besides he made FIFA world best 11 about 3 times, when the list was still sensible, not now that David luiz is making the list!

He ticks all the boxes of a good defender, except that he doesn't have speed, how many defenders have speed sef?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:57am On Oct 10, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Can u imagine, a player in red-hot form is injured again, this is why winning awards has been/will be hard for him.

World best players hardly get injured often, you shud know where I'm driving at winkwinkwink cheesycheesy
smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

How is it good news to you?! undecided
Erm, because I'm a
Typical Nigerian Wizard who hates to see people progressing

Or because it weakens a major rival

Pick any

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:06am On Oct 10, 2015
pamcode:
if those are among world best defenders it no wonder that defending has become shitty this days.
That jodi Alba pass that caused the equaliser against leverkusen readily comes to my mind.
First it was Dayo and his boatank propaganda, now these laliga fans want to follow his trail with pique... Can't say I blame them though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:47am On Oct 10, 2015
homesteady:

In any criteria you want to use, Piqué is still among the elite defenders!

Pique isnt better than Johnny Evans..

homesteady:

Though he lost form for a season or two, but it wasn't only him but the whole team!

Another testament to the fact that he has been more or less a beneficiary of the "perfect" system...

Even when the whole team wasn't playing well, the efforts of the likes of xavi & iniesta were visible for all to see. however, Pique & his comity of equally mediocre players in the defensive unit suffered greatly!

homesteady:

Last season he was like the best defender in Europe - That's why he made UEFA team of the season!

your useless goalie, Marc ter Stegen ( who would even struggle to make the bench at teams like crystal palace and hull), also made the same list.

homesteady:

Besides he made FIFA world best 11 about 3 times, when the list was still sensible, not now that David luiz is making the list!

iker casilass also made those same lists (2010, 2011 & 2012). Was he actually the best goalie in the world in that period? If you have decided to ignore an obvious pattern in those team selections, too bad!!

homesteady:

He ticks all the boxes of a good defender, except that he doesn't have speed, how many defenders have speed sef?

Pique is an average defender, trust me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
Dadehmola:

Pique isnt better than Johnny Evans..
You should have told me you preferred brutes!

Another testament to the fact that he has been more or less a beneficiary of the "perfect" system...

Even when the whole team wasn't playing well, the efforts of the likes of xavi & iniesta were visible for all to see. however, Pique & his comity of mediocre defensive players suffered greatly!

So because Matic and his teammates are playing badly now, then I can say he was very average and it was his teammates that made him look good?
The whole team played badly, thats why they finished the season trophyless.

your useless goalie, Marc ter Stegen ( who would even struggle to make the bench at teams like crystal palace and hull), also made the list.
I hope you also know he won best save of the tournament? that shows he was very good during last UCL and is only suffering from loss of form now.

iker casilass also made those same lists (2010, 2011 & 2012). Was he actually the best goalie in the world in that period?

Who was?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I think suarez or neymar can win this year if they should just start scoring or giving assist like crazy as messi don injure.

Messi should be awarded the Ballon D'or already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
homesteady:

[s]You should have told me you preferred brutes[/s]!

Gerard pique has always been a very mediocre defender. If not for Tiki taka, he would probably be putting on #34 jersey at a club like Tennerife or Sporting Gijon as we speak... grin cheesy

homesteady:

So because Matic and his teammates are playing badly now, then I can say he was very average and it was his teammates that made him look good?
The whole team played badly, thats why they finished the season trophyless.

Apples & Oranges...

When Chelsea were in form, matic was still pulling his weight in the team. There were games in which he was easily the best player on the pitch - he wasn't hiding behind any high pressing /possession based tactics to show his quality.

Pique on the other hand has always thrived in a setup that made Yaya Toure fit in perfectly at CB in a UCL final. However, when the chips were down, the Spaniard showed why he couldn't make the grade at Man utd ..

homesteady:

I hope you also know he won best save of the tournament? that shows he was very good during last UCL and is only suffering from loss of form now.

Ter-stergen?? Good?? grin grin

The same stergen who had to be rotated with Bravo in a scenario reminiscent of the Howard - Carroll comedy show we had at United in 2003 thereabout??

Best save my left Yansh..

homesteady:

Who was?

In that period, the aging VDS & Cech were still the best goalies in The world. In 2010, Julio Cesar was arguably the best Goalie in the world (there's no need bringing up the glaring ojoro By FIFA in that particular year).

Even at that time, Neuer was becoming a force to reckon with but ofcourse, Spanish players had to dominate every list (wether they merited it or not)

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pkasso(m): 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
Those guys from the Barca thread must be stuck in a time warp.Pique is no longer among the elite defenders in world football.Dude lost it the moment he hooked on to Shakira and who would blame him grin? His coach at that time Pep did not approve of the relationship and said it was a distraction.And in the end it was, Pique has since regressed.His game has been ridden with inconsistency and errors.Circa 2011 was the last time we saw the real Gerard Pique.To his credit, he showed glimpses of that form the previous season but no be like before.Pique is a decent centerback but he is no longer among the best.IMO, Sergio Ramos and Javier Mascherano are the best two CBs in the game.Thiago Silva on his day and when he is injury-free can also make a case.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
PietroRico:

First it was Dayo and his boatank propaganda, now these laliga fans want to follow his trail with pique... Can't say I blame them though

the top 3 defenders in the world are....

boateng
pique
ramos

only a biased football fan would say otherwise. these are the elite defenders who consistently perform for club and country.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
Thiago Silva is better than all for me.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
coogar:

the top 3 defenders in the world are....

boateng
pique
ramos

only a biased football fan would say otherwise. these are the elite defenders who consistently perform for club and country.
Silva,benatia,Godin and Chiellini I'll pick cahill before pique.
And am sure I can think of more.
I don't see any reason why these choices makes me Bias.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
chrisley024:
Thiago Silva is better than all for me.

nah, he's crap!
brazilians are the most overrated players in the world apart from wayne rooney. pique had cristiano in his pocket as far back as 2009......pique was only 22 then. abeg, make we no dey biased for here......

every united fan wished pique had stayed instead of tolerating intellectually sterile fools like jones, evans, oshea, brown, etc back then. smalling is the only potential we have since that time & there's still a lot for him to do before he gatecrashes the echelon of the elite defenders....

SIRcumalot:

Silva,benatia,Godin and Chiellini I'll pick cahill before pique.
And am sure I can think of more.
I don't see any reason why these choices makes me Bias.

silva - crap
benatia - boateng's inferior
godin - flash in a pan
chiellini - decent but comes short when you need him the most.

pique led the spanish defence that didn't concede a single goal in the knock out stages of world cup 2010 & euro 2008. in that period, pique ate muller, klose, balotelli, robben, sneijder, RVP, etc like guguru.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
elampiro:

Messi should be awarded the Ballon D'or already.
Don't sleep on suarez or neymar in particular,his actions in the Copa may affect his chances but his peformance for barca was great and if he hit wan kain purple patch....

(1) (2) (3) ... (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.