Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8729132 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
sinizia:

You've said it all. That's why I blamed the bastard called Gaal. No one can make those changes except Gaal. So our problem is the Idíot, Gaal.

You'd better accept the fact that Rooney won't be benched.

I'm sure if LvG would've benched him if not for the alleged clause in his contract.

If 8 out of 11 players perform well a team has a good chance of winning a match. That's what's been happening with Utd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
sinizia:
Navas comes in for crappy Sterling. This Nigga is overrated.
I no tell you? You dey call Sterling like say na human being. Even that afin wey dey make mouth about being doubled up before the game, I no see am for pitch! Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rojo was like a rock today.

Untoda Capital one cup.
Young and Depay should get playing time.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
Pataki:

It is a pity Arsenal cannot molest other teams for players like Bayern does in that burnthisleaguedown. grin

Burnthisleaguedown is like a whorehouse where bayern(customer) goes to pick any b!tch(team) to molest at will.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
airmark:

That was why he sat on bench watching the tutorial. Thats lovely. grin grin grin

No more coogar's batty boy, now it's martial. grin grin grin

I am happy with the draw. Very boring match. I would have loved to see depay doing his senseless dribbles.

Of course, you have to be happy, still doesn't change the fact that chelsea is going down the drain. Next weekend might be the relegation Mark! Olodo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
It just does my head in how a coach could deploy his most potent and dangerous striker to the wings/flanks. Martial should be at centre forward where he would be most dangerous.

Can you imagine Pellegrini employing Aguero on the wings if he had been fit to play?
Insane!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
Leyqute:
Harry don start. 3 goals today.
Arthur boruc was spectacularly crap today tho
Spilled two harmless crosses and caused a needless penalty
This has to be In the top 3 most disastrous gk performance in all history
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
City played nada but I guess their game plan was draw and they deservedly got it.

I want to believe that Mr Plato is intentionally playing Martial on the wings so Depay can actually got off his high horse and maybe start playing like a normal footballer, being on the bench should make him understand that he has no guaranteed shirt in the starting Xi and he has to work for it.

The better Gaal moves Martial backs to CF the better for us, he can bench whoever he wants to accommodate Captain America except Morgan of course.

Next!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
Should van Gaal continue to use martial on the wings thunder shall make scrambled eggs with his balls soon, very soon... What rubbish

Not only is he hampering his effectiveness, he's also possibly hindering his development

The old man should take his time o, since captain must play, let him be pushed out wide instead
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
StarBoard:
Funny.
This game was winnable when Silva and Aguero were missing.
Very pedestrian outing from United. Really no dynamism in our forward play. Playing people out of position (Martial and Mata wide) cost us.
My only joy is that Schneiderlin looks to be the biz in the middle of the park.
LvG na mumu. He's tried so far & continues to do so but what I don't get is why all these schoolboy erratic decisions?

Can you imagine SAF with this same squad & we won't be top of the table with @ least 3 points @ this stage? The annoying part is that every football fan even in the dark corners of Mumbai can see these fails but LvG doesn't give a damn!

With the right arrangements we could have had maximum points @ the Emirates, CSKA & today.

I just tire for all these result management jare
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rooney benched yet?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
SailorXY:

LvG na mumu. He's tried so far & continues to do so but what I don't get is why all these schoolboy erratic decisions?

Can you imagine SAF with this same squad & we won't be top of the table with @ least 3 points @ this stage? The annoying part is that every football fan even in the dark corners of Mumbai can see these fails but LvG doesn't give a damn!

With the right arrangements we could have had maximum points @ the Emirates, CSKA & today.

I just tire for all these result management jare
I dunno what else to say, this LvG pragmatism is failing to make the players fully express themselves at United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
dopeJemi:
Valencia is a very very very dull player that lack ideas

You lack football knowledge, how i wish valencia had got injured like 5 mins into that game. You would have seen sterling sodomising your damian. If you did n't know why valencia is preferred to damian at RB, then you don't have any reason to be analysing soccer. Rojo and Valencia effectively shut down man city's plans from the wings.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
Playing Martial on the left instead of him top-striking cost us this game. Man city were there for the taking. I don't know how long this will continue. That is a point lost as far as i'm concerned. If Rooney must play, why not let him play on the left wing? Playing Martial on the left wing is a real waste of his talent and money paid to acquire him.

Rooney's stats as the top man:

55% pass accuracy
0 shots on target
0 chances created
0 take ons

Martial's stats on LW:

81% pass accuracy
13 take ons
3 crosses
2 blocks
1 chance created

We didn't even have any shot in the first half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
PietroRico:

Boruc has always been good value for a brainfart, i still wonder how he manages to make a career off it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
55% pass accuracy shocked shocked
Don't think I've seen that before
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
dopeJemi:
Did de gea do anything today?
Nothing. Dat explains how composed we were. Our only problem now is finishing...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
darefestus:

Boruc has always been good value for a brainfart, i still wonder how he manages to make a career off it.
Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
tess1:
Playing Martial on the left instead of him top-striking cost us this game. Man city were there for the taking. I don't know how long this will continue. That is a point lost as far as i'm concerned. If Rooney must play, why not let him play on the left wing? Playing Martial on the left wing is a real waste of his talent and money paid to acquire him.

Rooney's stats as the top man:

55% pass accuracy
0 shots on target
0 chances created
0 take ons

Martial's stats on LW:

81% pass accuracy
13 take ons
3 crosses
2 blocks
1 chance created

We didn't even have any shot in the first half.
Man city wasn't there for the taking.
Rooney suckedass in the forward position but Otamendi and kompany also peformed brilliantly.

I don't think Martial could've done better as a CF especially in this particular game.

Hererra and Mata played horribly today I don't see anyone giving them lip.

Rojo just earned that LB position with this peformance.
Jones,Smalling (Mr reliable),Valencia played very well.
Martial na still our Saviour.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Nothing. Dat explains how composed we were. Our only problem now is finishing...
lol... How many chances did we create?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
airmark:

You lack football knowledge, how i wish valencia had got injured like 5 mins into that game. You would have seen sterling sodomising your damian. If you did n't know why valencia is preferred to damian at RB, then you don't have any reason to be analysing soccer. Rojo and Valencia effectively shut down man city's plans from the wings.

I know you are smart enough to know that I was talking about his attacking game so i'll pretend as if you didn't type all that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jaypea98: 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rooney's pass accuracy 54.24o Completed 16/31 passes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Man city wasn't there for the taking.
Rooney suckedass in the forward position but Otamendi and kompany also peformed brilliantly.

I don't think Martial could've done better as a CF especially in this particular game.

Hererra and Mata played horribly today I don't see anyone giving them lip.

Rojo just earned that LB position with this peformance.
Jones,Smalling (Mr reliable),Valencia played very well.
Martial na still our Saviour.
he would have
His close ball control and direct running would have more likely caused more damage had it been from the middle
He would have won free kicks in more dangerous positions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
I still dont get Rooney's usefullness to this team as a footballer. His first touch is terrible. He cant shoot. He hardly won any aerial duels today. He cant even pass the ball if the target was 1 meter away. Yet he collects 300k/week. And he believes he has the right to start every week coz he's captain??

His usefulness to the team as a captain nko?? No motivation. No inspiration. No sense of leadership.
Infact he is presently the most useless captain in the history of United captains.

Me, i don tire for the guy's matter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

I'm impressed but we need to do a lot more... we are always short of ideas when we get to the final third, no flair at all, no speed... we really need mane
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
PietroRico:
lol... How many chances did we create?
We created quite enough to ve won dat game in d 2nd half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
chamotex:
Rooney benched yet?

Na yam?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
As for the match, i actually think we did well. We just couldn't score because our striker is stuck on the wings and the overpaid one who played as CF was as useless as the letter 'b' in the word 'debt'.

Schneiderlin once again showed why his name should be glued to the starting 11. Same for Herrera.
Jones and Rojo were also surprisingly solid again. I really hope they keep it up.

We played well. We didn't allow City play their game. It only seemed like our boys left their shooting boots at Lowry hotel. We need to start creating more chances and taking more shots. Goals win games not possession. Really disappointed we dint win
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
Van Gaal would have benched Rooney but it's obvious that his hands are tied! It seems if he dares to bench him, he may possibly lose the dressing Room. The English Media are gonna mount pressure on him, and probably unsettle the harmonious relationship among the Players.
Van Gaal is an experienced Manager. He knows the game very well. Depay and Blind, his Countrymen, are presently enjoying life on the Bench. It shows he's impartial. There is a "difficult" reason why he can't bench Rooney?!
Definitely there is......... and I believe he's gonna play his real philosophy without Rooney on Wednesday (experimentation).

There is only one way to play Martial upfront..... Herreira gonna be sacrificed!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
PietroRico:

Not just Boruc. Bournemouth's defense was absolute crap. They thought they'd have it easy after going in front.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
dopeJemi:

I'm impressed but we need to do a lot more... we are always short of ideas when we get to the final third, no flair at all, no speed... we really need mane
We actually did well in creating chances especially in d 2nd half. We just weren't shooting. We now prefer to pass aimlessly like Arsenal of 3 to 4 seasons ago. This possession game isn't paying off at all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
PietroRico:
he would have
His close ball control and direct running would have more likely caused more damage had it been from the middle
He would have won free kicks in more dangerous positions
I don't think so since most of the time rooney received the ball he was facing away from goal.

Say you're right though who do you think in our team could've performed as well as Martial did on that left ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.