Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,450 members, 7,846,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8826648 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2359) (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) ... (14204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:16pm On Nov 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

You are assuming that German league football started in 1963. Germany have won the world cup before 1963 they were playing European cup(E.g Frankfurt played a European cup final in 1960, So if there was no league how were they qualifying for the European cup and grooming players for the world cup)

There has been a league in Germany as far back as 1903 112yrs ago.

The league was restructured in 1963 just like EPL was changed in 1992.

Since restructure Bayern have won slightly less than 50% of the titles

Since restructure of the English league There have been 23 championships and man Utd have won 13 of it (56%)

Now tell me which one is more competitive

We are talking of the establishment of Professional Leagues, not Regional/District tournament that was being played before 1963/64. There was also a league system in place in England before 1888/89 but was not a Professional league. We are only taking into consideration when the leagues became professional leagues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
tess1:

We are talking of the establishment of Professional Leagues, not Regional/District tournament that was being played before 1963/64. There was also a league system in place in England before 1888/89 but was not a Professional league. We are only taking into consideration when the leagues became professional leagues.

Its no ones business whether the league is professional or not. Not calling it professional league does not stop it from being a league

A league is a league whether they called it professional or not and it has teams and produces champions just like every other league.

They were using goalpost, they were using spherical balls, the rules are the same

Argentina used to have a apertura and clausura format in their league would that mean there was no league football in Argentina just because they didnt follow the pattern of others?

If they change the EPL tomorrow to "Intergalactic English Supersonic league" where teams are grouped into region/district, would not mean there was no league football in England before 2015

I remember when they changed the Nigerian league to Professional league in the early 90s does that mean there were no league competition in Nigeria prior to that time?

You want to know how and why you are wrong? You said Bayern won 25 leagues did you realize that included league titles won in the Pre Bundesliga era when the league wasnt professional? You see how you shot yourself in the foot

Anyway I wont crucify you because we all make mistakes Back to the issue

In the premier league era Man Utd have won 56% of the titles, In the Bundesliga era, bayern have won less than 50% of the titles

Now tell which is more competitive
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
tess1:

if you make a large class size, the EPL is more competitive than bundesliga. not even raumdeuter can argue that. the funny thing is he actually acknowledged that there was football before the premier league & the bundesliga were both established.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

Its no ones business whether the league is professional or not. Not calling it professional league does not stop it from being a league

A league is a league whether they called it professional or not and it has teams and produces champions just like every other league.

They were using goalpost, they were using spherical balls, the rules are the same

If they change the EPL tomorrow to "Intergalactic English Supersonic league" would not mean there was no league football in England before 2015

I remember when they changed the Nigerian league to Professional league in the early 90s does that mean there were no league competition in Nigeria prior to that time?

You want to know how and why you are wrong? You said Bayern won 25 leagues did you realize that included league titles won in the Pre Bundesliga era when the league wasnt professional? You see how you shot yourself in the foot

Anyway I wont crucify you because we all make mistakes Back to the issue

In the premier league era Man Utd have won 56% of the titles, In the Bundesliga era, bayern have won less than 50% of the titles

Now tell which is more competitive
Unfortunately, those are the only recognised periods in world football, German football and English football. No one recognise those years when they only had regional/district football.

It is also good that you too acknowleged that those periods football was not professionalized, only that you don`t care.

The fact remains that Professional football started in England and Germany in 1888/89 and 1963/64 respectively. I too don`t care wether the game started in England before 1888/89 or not.

I`m done with this. Good night.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 12:00am On Nov 06, 2015
coogar:

if you make a large class size, the EPL is more competitive than bundesliga. not even raumdeuter can argue that. the funny thing is he actually acknowledged that there was football before the premier league & the bundesliga were both established.

Exactly what i stated up there. He wants to choose the class size that suits his argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:31am On Nov 06, 2015
tess1:

Unfortunately, those are the only recognised periods in world football, German football and English football. No one recognise those years when they only had regional/district football.

It is also good that you too acknowleged that those periods football was not professionalized, only that you don`t care.

The fact remains that Professional football started in England and Germany in 1888/89 and 1963/64 respectively. I too don`t care wether the game started in England before 1888/89 or not.

I`m done with this. Good night.

If no one recognized them how come the winners are allowed to enter for the European Cup.

Or do they just chose any random club to represent Germany in the European Cup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:55am On Nov 06, 2015
So Arsenal got thumped 5-1?

*in Pataki's voice* hmmmmm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JustKay3(m): 7:29am On Nov 06, 2015
Dayo isn't saying Buli is competitive though,we all know it's easier for a dinosaur to pass through a needle's eye than for any other team so win that league this season or next.

His argument though,is Bayern will extend same treatment it does to all German teams to most,if not all English teams.It's hard to argue against that too

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:58am On Nov 06, 2015
coogar:
smalling did it again.....

Smalling na every website you go. He's been on a beast mode since 2nd half of last season. Pure defensive class!!

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/goal_uk/52/d8/champions-league-team-of-matchday-4-revealed_w9cxmau956na19fm00vtkbs7x.png?t=-722916576&w=480/[/img]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 9:05am On Nov 06, 2015
Who watched Celtic`s europa league match against Molde yesterday?
I read that Blackett was so woeful that he was subbed off as a sub.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:33am On Nov 06, 2015

Luke Shaw has been pictured leaving Manchester United’s Christmas do without crutches. Less than two months after breaking his leg in the Champions League game against PSV, Shaw is showing great progress.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:36am On Nov 06, 2015
Which is Chelsea’s biggest ever bridge?
1.Stamford Bridge.
2.Wayne Bridge.
3.The bridge between them and Europe next season?

grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:41am On Nov 06, 2015
[size=14pt]Evra: Fergie retirement felt like the world was over[/size]

Patrice Evra has reflected back on his final weeks at Manchester United before learning that Sir Alex Ferguson was set to retire at the end of the season.

"I remember we talked maybe two weeks before and he said, “Patrice, I will be here for another five years”. I said “Yes boss. Let’s do it”. I was so convinced. He was looking younger and younger. He even told me “99 per cent, Cristiano Ronaldo will come”. I was like “wow, we are ready to bounce back and to even win the Champions League again”. After that everyone knows what happened. You know when you are lost and you feel like the world is crumbling? It was a big trauma. It felt lost".

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:55am On Nov 06, 2015
sinizia:

Smalling na every website you go. He's been on a beast mode since 2nd half of last season. Pure defensive class!!

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/goal_uk/52/d8/champions-league-team-of-matchday-4-revealed_w9cxmau956na19fm00vtkbs7x.png?t=-722916576&w=480/[/img]

Just a thought though, can LVG give Phil Jones a new first name too? Because Mike Smalling is on his way to being a legend.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
Abeg I don't want them rushing Shaw back o..
He should jejely recover
Even if na next season, we'll wait
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
SailorXY:
So Arsenal got thumped 5-1?

*in Pataki's voice* hmmmmm
Azzin! I don't think an English team has ever been disgraced like dat in the UCL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
TEAM NEWS
Van Gaal has told MUTV in his exclusive interview before the press conference that he has no fresh injury concerns for Saturday's game, but Morgan Schneiderlin (ill) is doubtful, while Antonio Valencia (foot) and Matteo Darmian (suspended) are out.

So likely Young at the RB angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
chrisley024:
TEAM NEWS
Van Gaal has told MUTV in his exclusive interview before the press conference that he has no fresh injury concerns for Saturday's game, but Morgan Schneiderlin (ill) is doubtful, while Antonio Valencia (foot) and Matteo Darmian (suspended) are out.

So likely Young at the RB angry
Chaii.. Morgan doubtful...
I hope we take all three points
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
smiley. Rooneys Mates;

'Ronaldo now holds all the records in Spain, with more club goals, more La Liga goals than messi and more recently Ronaldo surpassed Messi with more goals in the Champions League.'

Ronaldo further said:

"People compare us all the time and it's normal because we are compared since we are babies.
"I don't mean me and Messi but all the persons
at school. Who is faster? Who is cleverer? It's
part of life. It doesn't surprise me but
sometimes it makes me tired. He works unbelievably, and he's a fantastic professional. To beat him it's great and I know that he feels happy to see me beat his record."

"I think we should keep beating the records. Maybe in 10 or 20 years someone will beat my record. Nothing is impossible, but it will be hard.".......[ CR7 in sky sports]

That's how players of "timber and calibre" state their ambitions!

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
VAN GAAL REVEALS TEAM NEWS FOR WEST BROM CLASH

Manchester United will wait on Morgan Schneiderlin's availability for Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash with West Brom but Louis van Gaal has no fresh injuries to contend with.
Schneiderlin has been ill but is training ahead of the match and could be in contention to return to the side after missing the midweek Champions League victory over CSKA Moscow. Antonio Valencia remains sidelined and, of course, Luke Shaw is a long-term absentee, even if he is making good progress in his recovery from a broken leg. Another full-back, Matteo Darmian, is suspended after accumulating five yellow cards this season so Ashley Young could continue on the right-hand side of defence. "There are no injuries, only illnesses," van Gaal told MUTV . "Morgan Schneiderlin was ill. He shall train today for the first time so we have to wait and see. I cannot say there are a lot of changes for this game. Matteo Darmian is suspended so he cannot play and Valencia is injured."
The Reds ended a recent goal drought on Tuesday thanks to Wayne Rooney's winner and received a boost ahead of the Baggies clash. With another international break following the Old Trafford fixture, United are determined to register three points in order to keep up with the Barclays Premier League pacesetters. One man who will be high on morale after his midweek performance is Jesse Lingard, who is hoping to make his first Premier League start of the season after being involved in the last six matches.
"He’s doing well," said van Gaal. "That’s why I want to keep him and why I have said his chances shall come. He has a lot of pace and I like pace on the wings. Now he has first assist also [against CSKA]. I think he shall have a boost from this game because he played very well, in my opinion, and I hope he shall continue."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
Exceptional numbers here

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 5:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
hope the trend am noticing doesn't continue.... losing the weekend before international break, happened against Swansea and a$$nal in September and October respectively...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
ANDY ILL?

Old trafford legend "andy 'the force' cole has revealed today that he is currently battling a kidney ailment! Get well soon andy!.. (manutd.com)

On a lighter note in celebration of fireworks night in england, the club decided to share this video of classic rockets from united legends! Enjoy........

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2015/Nov/video-manchester-united-rockets-on-fireworks-night.aspx

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
funlord:
smiley. Rooneys Mates;

'Ronaldo now holds all the records in Spain, with more club goals, more La Liga goals than messi and more recently Ronaldo surpassed Messi with more goals in the Champions League.'

Ronaldo further said:

"People compare us all the time and it's normal because we are compared since we are babies.
sometimes it makes me tired. He works unbelievably, and he's a fantastic professional. To beat him it's great and I know that he feels happy to see me beat his record."

"I think we should keep beating the records. Maybe in 10 or 20 years someone will beat my record. Nothing is impossible, but it will be hard.".......[ CR7 in sky sports]

there's a difference between a professional athlete and a fat cow bent on draining funds from his club.

ronaldo is the greatest!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cooger!..if na offend Rooney offend u abeg forgive am nah.. No be hin fault. na Van Gaal dey play am nah...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hope nothing dey personnal btw cooger and Captain rooney.... If he offend u abeg forgive him oo
wonder how he will feel if he dey NL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
We should beat West Brom....Should.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
funlord:
smiley. Rooneys Mates;

Ronaldo further said:

Seriously y all these stuffs about Rooney? is it a sin to be bettered by Ronaldo and Messi?
Rooney is United and England's all time scorer.....
That is Phenomenal on every level......

After Forcing him to play with a very bad injury when he was at his peak against Bayern... It has backfired....

Only United fans don't respect him,Rival fans adore him.....
Sir Rooney

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2015
Mourinholic:

Seriously y all these stuffs about Rooney? is it a sin to be bettered by Ronaldo and Messi?

After Forcing him to play with a very bad injury when he was at his peak against Bayern... It has backfired....

Sir Rooney
Rooney is United's all time goal scorer?? Are u tying to troll??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 5:31am On Nov 07, 2015
Mourinholic:

Sir Rooney
united fans respect only those he doesnt give a bloody Bleep about that hate him, ronaldo for all his goals has just one la liga trophy, has won nothing for his country at any level, he should be winning la liga every year with the amount he was bought for and the team he plays for.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 7:19am On Nov 07, 2015
funlord:
smiley. Rooneys Mates;

All the records in spain? Which record abeg?
Messi is La Liga All-time top scorer.

Please stop passing wrong information grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:04am On Nov 07, 2015

Cristiano Ronaldo's mum reveals she attempted to abort him but he survived.

Ronaldo usually joke with her "you didn't want me but I am here helping everybody"

(1) (2) (3) ... (2359) (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) ... (14204) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.