Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,806 members, 7,851,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:04 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8841977 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
elampiro: ''Gutted to have picked up a niggling injury especially as training was going so well, heading back to Manchester to have it assessed fully but early indications are nothing to worry about.'' - Rooney on his facebook wall.

our midfield is nothing to worry about........for our opponents!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
afrodoc:
3)our preferred targets going to other clubs.if we lose Thiago and Strootman what other options are there out there? R we back to Fellaini and Baines? i am not sure we need Baines at the price quoted and Fellaini is not dynamic enough for me (would prefer Axel Witsel)

I wan make Bayern even play una soon to rip you all to shreds

You know Axel Witsel was signed for big money by Zenit with Hulk right?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
yeah i do. but rather sign a good player for big money than sign a poor player for little money.
i know u will agree with me on that based on ur criticism of arsenal grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 11:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
Ogbeche77: He has flown back home already, he's expected to be out for up to 1 month
one month?so he won't be available for chelstink,liverfool and shity match?hmmmm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
he could be back but probably will be lacking in fitness
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kristos(m): 7:37am On Jul 12, 2013
Please, hε̲̣̣rε̲̣̣ is cougar?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:17am On Jul 12, 2013
A-40:

Can you dominate Europe with that midfield? That's the big question

On paper, we cannot...
but teams have done with far less renowned names - or you want to tell me the bulk of the Bayern/Dortmund superstars of today were big-name players four, five years ago!!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:17am On Jul 12, 2013
kristos: Please, hε̲̣̣rε̲̣̣ is cougar?

I asked this question before.

...or did the moderator give him a red card?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2013
Premier league Spending Spree in this window Till now
1.Manchester City - 60M
2.Chelsea-31.4m
3.Liverpool - 26.3M
4.Southampton-25M
5.Swansea 23M
6.Spurs- 20M
7.WestHam- 18M
8.Sunderland 14.2M
9.Norwich-13.2M
10..Aston Villa-12.8M
18.Manchester United-1.8M
19.Arsenal- 0 M
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:31am On Jul 12, 2013
Our boys are training hard.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:36am On Jul 12, 2013
elampiro: Premier league Spending Spree in this window Till now
1.Manchester City - 60M
2.Chelsea-31.4m
3.Liverpool - 26.3M
4.Southampton-25M
5.Swansea 23M
6.Spurs- 20M
7.WestHam- 18M
8.Sunderland 14.2M
9.Norwich-13.2M
10..Aston Villa-12.8M
18.Manchester United-1.8M
19.Arsenal- 0 M

Lol! Arsenal I hail oo!
Well, i jus sit down de look MU n DM, jus pray we don't become like Leeds n Liverpool. Cos now I can't blame those that questioned the future of this club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:39am On Jul 12, 2013
chrisley024:

Lol! Arsenal I hail oo!
Well, i jus sit down de look MU n DM, jus pray we don't become like Leeds n Liverpool. Cos now I can't blame those that questioned the future of this club.

I want to believe that we are safe with Moyes, at least in the EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2013
elampiro:

I asked this question before.

...or did the moderator give him a red card?

I banned him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 12, 2013
elampiro:

I want to believe that we are safe with Moyes, at least in the EPL.
if you mean 'safe' in the sense that will Moyes keep us in the EPL next season, then yes we are grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2013
chamotex:

I banned him

Why? cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
chamotex:

I banned him

Are you the moderator?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Mourinho reveals Rooney admiration.

The Chelsea manager has admitted he is a big fan of the Manchester United striker whose future at the Premier League champions remains unclear

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed his admiration for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.

Goal exclusively reported back in May that the Blues, along with Arsenal, were in the hunt to sign the former Everton star, who Sir Alex Ferguson revealed had requested to leave the club last season.

After missing out on the signing of Falcao, who sealed a big-money move to Monaco at the start of the transfer window, Mourinho is in the market for a marquee striker to lead his attack next season and, speaking in Bangkok at the start of the club's pre-season tour of Asia, the Blues boss insists he's a big fan of the England forward.

He said: "Rooney is a player I like very much but I can say no more than that. Being fast and direct, I like that, but he's a Manchester United player." [GOAL.COM]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
Cleverly coach 5 a side earlier today. Na so ambition dey start.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
I hope Rooney's return from the tour is in preparedness to be sold...I do not care to whoever!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
We're are calling for a buy you are selling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
RuuDie: I hope Rooney's return from the tour is in preparedness to be sold...I do not care to whoever!!!
my thought exactly, dude only joined the plane to Bangkok to prove all his well & ward off the media attention, the next day, he's on a flight back to England.. Hamstring injury my foot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
chrisley024: We're are calling for a buy you are selling.
who was sold?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
Ogbeche77: who was sold?
To those clamoring for Rooney sale. Let's buy 1st abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
If rooney is truly injured, it might hamper our chances of off-loading d over-fed fat pig, cos i dunno of any big club dt wld wanna pay atleast 30m for an injured pig
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
^hahahahahahahahahaha let's pray he is not really injured cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
Moyes on Thiago: "I never said he was a target". http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour2013 /Tour2013News/2013/Jul/david-moyes- press-conference-bangkok-on-transfer- market-search.aspx#

Moyes happy with search.

United boss David Moyes says he is happy with how his search for new talent is progressing.

The Reds manager is continuing to look at ways of adding to this squad following the arrival of Wilfried Zaha and Guillermo Varela this summer.

Reports that Bayern Munich are close to signing Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona were said to be a blow to Moyes' transfer plans, even though he has a policy of not commenting on players from other clubs.

"We're on with targets that we are chasing at this moment in time," revealed Moyes at a press conference in Bangkok."There are people we are actively chasing and, at this moment in time, we're happy with how things are going."

When asked directly if Thiago was still a target, he replied: "I never said at any time that he was."

Moyes also brushed off the latest questions about the future of Wayne Rooney, after Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho expressed an admiration for the England international on Friday.

"People are entitled to talk about good players," he insisted. "I'm sure Jose has been asked about lots of players as well. I'll keep repeating myself: Wayne is a Manchester United player and he'll remain that."

The likely absence for Rooney due to his hamstring injury is expected to be "two or three weeks" and he will work in the gym and pool in Manchester.

Guess he is saying this to save his face if we lose out. Cos it would be more stupid if we didn't go for him in the 1st place. I hope Fellaini n Baines are not the people he's chasing cos i don't us becoming Super Everton!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
@chrisley024, Moyes saying words to save face? In respect of Thiago? Is Thiago Neymar? There are players you will bring from South America and they will do far better than Thiago as we saw the Brazilian home base in the confederation cup.

Those guys (Moyes and co) don't care what people think. What matters to them is their own plans for the club. When people where speculating United hunting for Falcao for over 40m, SAF cleared it straight that people should not believe in such ridiculous news. If Thiago proves too difficult, there are alternatives. No face to save.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
Jose Mourinho : I like Rooney. He is just like me. We will fit well.

Reporter : David What do u want to say on the comments made by Jose

David Moyes : Unless I was speaking double Dutch, I Said Wayne Rooney is not for Sale. "

....... Personally I don't see Rooney leaving.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
Unless Rooney doesn't want to leave.

If Thiago who we need now and at such a cheap price doesn't go thro then I'll see the alternatives. Just that it's becoming our way in missing out talented players by stalling in transfer like we did in Ronaldinho, Di maria, Moura cases, to mention but a few.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
chamotex: Haha. Rooney is injured.
Fingers crossed

i keep telling you guys, sell the fat boy!
he's wasted - who gets injured in the preseason? hamstring? get rid of this overrated waste of flesh and sign benteke now!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
coogar:

i keep telling you guys, sell the fat boy!
he's wasted - who gets injured in the preseason? hamstring? get rid of this overrated waste of flesh and sign benteke now!
You need to be flogged, where have you been all this while? Dayo has been launched a search party for you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
Ogbeche77: You need to be flogged, where have you been all this while? Dayo has been launched a search party for you

i went on a short sabbatical.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), delkuf(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.