Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8877577 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
bxg: Cleverly a is mediocre piece of British Trash
I've actually been waiting for when Cleverly ll kick start his united career,I give him a benefit of doubt for another season,and I hope he stays fit all through.. Then we can conclude on his ability, playing with Anderson or not
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 16, 2013
bxg: Cleverly is a mediocre piece of British Trash
u still put it mildly, bro. To me, he is one of d good reasons y d 3 lions will neva achieve anyfn tangible in d immediate future. And u'd still see pple talking jargons about % win ratio and partnerships. Dey say cleverely's greatest asset is "kipn it simple". Smh at such analysis mehn. D boy does it, so as not to be at fault for losing possession!!#shikena#.no purpose or creativity in his game at all.prolly D nxt thing dt wld happen here is dt a video clip of "cleverely at his best" wld be uploaded. I hav sed it ova and ova in dis thread dt,with wat i hav seen so far oo, tom cleverely is not good enof to play for manchester united, unless he comes up wif smefn betta.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:52am On Jul 16, 2013
Even Hazard is now a fan of Rooney! I see Rooney going to Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 8:32am On Jul 16, 2013
A-40:

Since you won the game why didn't you qualify? The scoreline reflected 2-0 but to claim Ramsey bossed anything is laughable

Abeg go siddon - are you revealing some previously unknown information by saying we didn't qualify? You goofed by claiming we were outgunned - be man enough to admit that.

Whether you like it or not Ramsey and co's midfield outgunned Bayern on home turf as reflected in the scoreline. Simples. When tincan emre and the other no-name geezer do something equivalent, get back to me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:48am On Jul 16, 2013
chrisley024: Even Hazard is now a fan of Rooney! I see Rooney going to Chelsea.
I couldn't give a rat's ball
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:52am On Jul 16, 2013
dademola: u still put it mildly, bro. To me, he is one of d good reasons y d 3 lions will neva achieve anyfn tangible in d immediate future. And u'd still see pple talking jargons about % win ratio and partnerships. Dey say cleverely's greatest asset is "kipn it simple". Smh at such analysis mehn. D boy does it, so as not to be at fault for losing possession!!#shikena#.no purpose or creativity in his game at all.prolly D nxt thing dt wld happen here is dt a video clip of "cleverely at his best" wld be uploaded. I hav sed it ova and ova in dis thread dt,with wat i hav seen so far oo, tom cleverely is not good enof to play for manchester united, unless he comes up wif smefn betta.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2013
debosky:

Abeg go siddon - are you revealing some previously unknown information by saying we didn't qualify? You goofed by claiming we were outgunned - be man enough to admit that.
Lol you must be Aluwe in disguise! Where is the goof? You were outgunned and outplayed but fortunately not outscored big difference as an Arsenal fan you should know a thing or two about being on the other end of the stick

debosky:
Whether you like it or not Ramsey and co's midfield outgunned Bayern on home turf as reflected in the scoreline. Simples. When tincan emre and the other no-name geezer do something equivalent, get back to me.
The scoreline flattered to deceive! Bayern dominated the game from start to finish! Our complacency is what made that game a contest in the first place
Parading average joe's like Ramsey,Wilshere etc is the reason why Arsenal's trophyless run would not end anytime soon and could end up in double digits in years
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 11:50am On Jul 16, 2013
All these Bayern fans are very funny, they've won champions league now and they wouldn't allow us to rest. All of a sudden all their players are the best in europe, German players are now the best (SMH at Gundogan/kroos better than Wilshere) Imagine them claiming some trainee midfielders are now better than Arsenal midfielders. On a good day Bayern midfield can not outplay Arsenal's as evident in their previous meetings, in their last meeting at Alianz arena I couldn't point out any +ve thing done by kroos on the field. So you all should come down from your high horses.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:54am On Jul 16, 2013
elampiro: @Coogar, is Cleverly not a hype or over hyped? According to this thread, any good young British player is a hype. But their counterparts in Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Holland, etc are talents.
Even someone said Gareth Bale is a hype.

So is Cleverly an exception now?

cleverley is a gem!
notice roy hodgson has not failed once to drop cleverley since euro 2012. he's the best pass & move midfielder in this country. he's the only english midfielder that can play in possession obsessed teams like barcelona, dortmund and even bayern. he's criminally underrated because of 2 reasons - his fitness and fergie's obsession with giggs/scholes.

by now, cleverly should have developed fully if he's given more games last season. he was not trusted enough last season and his development is yet to reach the full potential. i can only hope moyes changes that this new season and ditch the dinosaurs in the squad. giggs have no business playing in the first team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
2nd rejection from another midfielder, don't worry we be down to Osman and Gibson soon enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
coogar:

cleverley is a gem!
notice roy hodgson has not failed once to drop cleverley since euro 2012. he's the best pass & move midfielder in this country. he's the only english midfielder that can play in possession obsessed teams like barcelona, dortmund and even bayern. he's criminally underrated because of 2 reasons - his fitness and fergie's obsession with giggs/scholes.

by now, cleverly should have developed fully if he's given more games last season. he was not trusted enough last season and his development is yet to reach the full potential. i can only hope moyes changes that this new season and ditch the dinosaurs in the squad. giggs have no business playing in the first team.

I believe he has potentials to be great. Let's wait and see one more season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
n0m0705: All these Bayern fans are very funny, they've won champions league now and they wouldn't allow us to rest. All of a sudden all their players are the best in europe, German players are now the best (SMH at Gundogan/kroos better than Wilshere) Imagine them claiming some trainee midfielders are now better than Arsenal midfielders. On a good day Bayern midfield can not outplay Arsenal's as evident in their previous meetings, in their last meeting at Alianz arena I couldn't point out any +ve thing done by kroos on the field. So you all should come down from your high horses.
Thank God say you no even mention Cleverley you try for that one but on a serious note who is Wilshere to be compared to Gundogan and Toni Kroos of all people? What can Wilshere do better than Toni Kroos? Passing,Shooting,Technique,Vision
Did you see Toni Kroos's goals against Dortmund and Arsenal lol by the way how many goals did Jack Wilshere score last season? Assists nko?

Over both legs Bayern had more shots on and off target yet you claim Kroos did not do anything positive despite taking 5 shots on goal in the said match! 2 on target

On the mountain,land or sea Wilshere can never ever be compared to Toni Kroos! The superior team advanced simple

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rafael : "I can't wait to play more games with Wilfried Zaha ahead of me, he has come in and has shown no fear, even in training he is running past our top defenders" .....

Valencia and Nani in trouble!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
valencia is in trouble, not nani!
it's easy to run past defenders in training. let's see how he manages himself in a proper game of football. nani is ambidextrous, no winger in the league comes close to his ability.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
A-40:

Lol you must be Aluwe in disguise! Where is the goof? You were outgunned and outplayed but fortunately not outscored big difference as an Arsenal fan you should know a thing or two about being on the other end of the stick

So Arsenal were outgunned and won 2:0 - you continue to repeat this foolishness? cheesy

Let's do a strawpoll - who considers a team outgunned when they outscore their opponents?

Parading average joe's like Ramsey,Wilshere etc is the reason why Arsenal's trophyless run would not end anytime soon and could end up in double digits in years

I knew it wouldn't take you time before you started parroting like a doofus - the issue was comparing TinCan and Hombre to Wilshere and Ramsey. Only someone who doesn't understand the meaning of 'outgunned' will claim the latter are superior to the former.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
^^ They outgunned them was why one set of midfielders progressed and the others are still trophyless
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2013
n0m0705: All these Bayern fans are very funny, they've won champions league now and they wouldn't allow us to rest. All of a sudden all their players are the best in europe, German players are now the best (SMH at Gundogan/kroos better than Wilshere) Imagine them claiming some trainee midfielders are now better than Arsenal midfielders. On a good day Bayern midfield can not outplay Arsenal's as evident in their previous meetings, in their last meeting at Alianz arena I couldn't point out any +ve thing done by kroos on the field. So you all should come down from your high horses.

Its only football illiterates that even rate Wilshere at all. Thats why the English team barely do well.

Players who burst guts play with agidi, strong head and Egun ori are lauded while skilled players are relegated

Thats why someone would rate Shawcross, Wilshere, etc, Im sure in England they would never look at Oscar or Hazard because they are not physical enough.

Where Gundogan and Kroos a re running the midfield Wilshere would take paper and pencil and start writing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
debosky:

So Arsenal were outgunned and won 2:0 - you continue to repeat this foolishness? cheesy

Let's do a strawpoll - who considers a team outgunned when they outscore their opponents?
You can outscore a team without necessarily outgunning them. A team that outplays another but loses cannot be said to be outgunned they were only outscored! Desist from your simpleton tendencies for once and try and differentiate the two

debosky:
I knew it wouldn't take you time before you started parroting like a doofus - the issue was comparing
TinCan and Hombre to Wilshere and Ramsey. Only someone who doesn't understand the meaning of 'outgunned' will claim the latter are superior to the former.
You're a simp bruh! Wilshere and Ramsey are only starting because they are at a 2nd rate club like A$$@nal. I don't know of any top team in Europe that Wilshere and Ramsey would not be riding their bench or in Bayern's case playing in the reserves
That you were able to pull off a fluke result does not mean our midfield personnel are at par. Wanyama cannot say he is better than Thiago because he started at Celtic and they beat Barcelona
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
I believe Moyes should go and buy Fellaini instead of wasting his time on Fabregas that will not leave Barcelona unless they are ready to sell him against his wish.
Despite the fact that Arsenal have shown interest in him, Moyes still has an edge if he goes for him. Fellaini will be ready to play for him just like what happened in Thiago and Guadiola's case.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
coogar: valencia is in trouble, not nani!
it's easy to run past defenders in training. let's see how he manages himself in a proper game of football. nani is ambidextrous, no winger in the league comes close to his ability.......

So your prayer is that Zaha's game should be sub-Nani's? My prayer is that Zaha should develop like Neyman or CR7.

As for Nani, it is one thing to have abilities and it is another thing to be constantly purposeful with it. The bane of Nani is his inconsistency in transmitting his ability to a purposeful or result yielding play. With his ability, there wouldn't have been a need to bring in some other wingers like Valencia, Obertan and Zaha. But his isolated style of play is half the time a problem for the overall benefit of the team. Except for last season Valencia has been the one who has nearly perfectly utilize what he has for the overall benefit of the team. I want to stop here because I don't want to go into a repeat argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
Fabville: I believe Moyes should go and buy Fellaini instead of wasting his time on Fabregas that will not leave Barcelona unless they are ready to sell him against his wish.
Despite the fact that Arsenal have shown interest in him, Moyes still has an edge if he goes for him. Fellaini will be ready to play for him just like what happened in Thiago and Guadiola's case.

We all here have adopted a sit down look approach. In one and a half months time the whole saga should have past.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nateevs(m): 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
coogar: valencia is in trouble, not nani!

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYGhXoKG3A[/flash]

Unless of course you believe he isn't a winger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
debosky:

I knew it wouldn't take you time before you started parroting like a doofus - the issue was comparing TinCan and Hombre to Wilshere and Ramsey. Only someone who doesn't understand the meaning of 'outgunned' will claim the latter are superior to the former.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
Has Leon Osman rejected us yet? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mr_TA: Has Leon Osman rejected us yet? undecided
Osman?0you are joking right... Wetin utd won use that one do??
In other news, Fat Albert may be on his way out of the club, report says he's confused and not happy at old trafford.. Saw this coming, leaving the tour prematurely speaks volume.. Hamstring my foot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
I knew it won't be easy to convince Fabregas but I think FCB really won't care as long as they feel the offered cash is good for them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
SailorXY: I knew it won't be easy to convince Fabregas but I think FCB really won't care as long as they feel the offered cash is good for them
i dnt see barca sell thiago and fabregas at d same time. Relatedly, i heard strootman has signed for roma. I think ts phil neville's turn to come outta retirement. I hav already started imagining him alongside carrick in CMF this coming season!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mr_TA: Has Leon Osman rejected us yet? undecided
cheesy. Lolz. Based on say dt small thiago boi don reject us abi??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ocephraim(m): 10:04pm On Jul 16, 2013
PSV agree Strootman fee with Roma

The Dutch giants confirmed on their official
website on Tuesday that they had accepted a bid
for the Netherlands international from the Italian
capital club

http://m.goal.com/x/en/news/4121930

whu again remain Scholes s definitely gonna cum out of retirement again undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
nateevs:
Unless of course you believe he isn't a winger.

nani's ability tops this easily....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOjYhKUawGY

elampiro:
So your prayer is that Zaha's game should be sub-Nani's? My prayer is that Zaha should develop like Neyman or CR7.

zaha can't match nani.
hell, nani's first 3 seasons outpowered ronaldo's so what are we talking about here? if zaha cops the highest assist for man utd in his debut season, i owe you $100.

As for Nani, it is one thing to have abilities and it is another thing to be constantly purposeful with it. The bane of Nani is his inconsistency in transmitting his ability to a purposeful or result yielding play. With his ability, there wouldn't have been a need to bring in some other wingers like Valencia, Obertan and Zaha. But his isolated style of play is half the time a problem for the overall benefit of the team. Except for last season Valencia has been the one who has nearly perfectly utilize what he has for the overall benefit of the team. I want to stop here because I don't want to go into a repeat argument.

nani has been united's most productive winger since beckham. ronaldo was a free roaming centre forward in his last 2 seasons at man utd. those last 2 seasons should not count.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nateevs(m): 9:04am On Jul 17, 2013
coogar:

Seriously? Mate I am very sure you didn't watch one of the two videos.
I am not going to get into an argument of Hazard v Nani - I like them both.
However I know who I would pick in an either or.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:04am On Jul 17, 2013
coogar:

zaha can't match nani.
hell, nani's first 3 seasons outpowered ronaldo's so what are we talking about here? if zaha cops the highest assist for man utd in his debut season, i owe you $100.

nani has been united's most productive winger since beckham. ronaldo was a free roaming centre forward in his last 2 seasons at man utd. those last 2 seasons should not count.

To me, you are overrating some players. Whether you do it consciously or unconsciously is what I cannot tell. Once you have fallen in love with some particular players, you close your eyes to many of their weaknesses and shortcomings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m), raumdeuter and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.