Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,349 members, 7,860,909 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:35 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8861745 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2960) (2961) (2962) (2963) (2964) (2965) (2966) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BossKratos: 12:03am On Jun 07, 2016
elampiro:

If you cannot see what he brings, then I cannot help you. If Valencia were fit, we would have finished top four, if not in third. Our right side of attack comes alive when Valencia is playing on that side, behind Mata or Lingard. Any wonder Valencia, a converted full back benches Darmian, McNair, Varela in that position?

SO WHAT BRINGS ROONEY INTO THIS? Any way you are not to decide for Mourinho.

@ the bolded 1st! The reason why "rooney's" exceptional goals haul that season was brought into this was because "valencia" had given him quite a few assists that season! And most pro valencia peeps are always quick to point out that season as a reason for his contributions to the team! So I wanted to block that angle from the get go! Performing once in 6 years is not my idea of consistency!
(His serious injury aside)! Have you forgotten what he was like during his wigan days? Where is that tony?

Now you said "if I can't see what he brings"? What does he really bring abeg? Does he bring more than evra( attack wise)? Dennis irwin?( attack and defensively) Gary neville (defensively)? Gabriel heinz(defensively)?

These are the calibre of full backs that man united is used to playing with! "Valencia is naturally a winger" yet he can't seem to beat a man! He is poor defensively, poor at putting in crosses, always seems caught in 2 minds! Look at bellerin! Or dani alves! Or azpilicueta! Or lichesteiner of juve! Those are FULLBACKS! Are you going to state that what valencia offers us is on that level?

Darmian is in a brand new league and was trying to adjust under a confused coach but I bet you that most fans always groaned when valencia appeared at right back as opposed to darmian! Dude for a club of our standing and aspirations, we require "authentic and solid fullbacks not converted strong men"! Tony v is AVERAGE with a capital A and needs to be improved upon! You mentioned jose? Let's see if he would sign a right full back, keep or sell tony v! That would prove which of us was heading in the right direction with this banter a little bit!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:40am On Jun 07, 2016
elampiro:
Una no dey watch England matches so I no go follow una argue again. When Rooney was destroying Scotland, giving a great influencial performance against France. When in some instances, his dribbling inside the box helped England win difficult games in the qualifying matches, una no know.

Vardy and Kane can never work. It will only make sense if it’s Rooney and Kane, then Vardy comes in. Vardy and Kane play too alike to be able to unlock a tight experienced defence. Rooney and Sterling who have sense to move and look up are England best. Kane and Vardy just run and run, when Netherlands played a deep-lying defence, they (Kane and Vardy) became clueless. They didn’t look like scoring even if the match was to last the whole night.

You forget that qualifiers and friendly matches are always easier for England and they ease through it most of the time; but when it matters most, during the main tournament, they flop disgracefully. So don't use small teams like Scotland to judge. But that said, I agree with Rooney/Kane, Rooney/Vardy would work better but I disagree that Vardy and Kane would never work. That is nothing but arrant BS!! My main problem is trying to shoehorn Rooney in between Kane and Vardy that is working already, that's a recipe for disaster.

But like I've opined already, England is not my kettle of fish, I'm only supporting them coz of few United players in there. My main concern is that he'd be sold before season starts for United. I don't want that fat White Pele anywhere near my bench coz trying to play him in all our matches will derail our season. He's now a liability for United!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:47am On Jun 07, 2016
GBR1:

Elampiro is one strange fellow. His undying loyalty to Rooney is one I still can't fully comprehend. I could care less though but i can't because Rooney is still a United player. Rooney's best position is as a forward or striker but it's beyond obvious he's isn't good enough to play in there any longer. Trying to shoehorn him anywhere else is always going to cost us one way or the other and that's why i can't wait to see the back of him. He once threatened to leave to even our rivals claiming we weren't ambitious enough and he also has held us by the balls numerous times when he was trying to get a new contract; He deserves no special status or extraordinary loyalty besides what he's been getting. He must be moved on from, and the sooner the better.

The embolden is what pisses me the fùck off. He can star for England and I won't give a tuppence about that, but the fact that he'll be playing for United makes me livid with rage. Why can't United move on from Rooney? Is a he a Messi or CR7? When will this club let go of pensioners and look forward to young and entertaining young quality players to move the club forward?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 6:21am On Jun 07, 2016
BossKratos:

@ the bolded 1st! The reason why "rooney's" exceptional goals haul that season was brought into this was because "valencia" had given him quite a few assists that season! And most pro valencia peeps are always quick to point out that season as a reason for his contributions to the team! So I wanted to block that angle from the get go! Performing once in 6 years is not my idea of consistency!
(His serious injury aside)! Have you forgotten what he was like during his wigan days? Where is that tony?

Now you said "if I can't see what he brings"? What does he really bring abeg? Does he bring more than evra( attack wise)? Dennis irwin?( attack and defensively) Gary neville (defensively)? Gabriel heinz(defensively)?

These are the calibre of full backs that man united is used to playing with! "Valencia is naturally a winger" yet he can't seem to beat a man! He is poor defensively, poor at putting in crosses, always seems caught in 2 minds! Look at bellerin! Or dani alves! Or azpilicueta! Or lichesteiner of juve! Those are FULLBACKS! Are you going to state that what valencia offers us is on that level?

Darmian is in a brand new league and was trying to adjust under a confused coach but I bet you that most fans always groaned when valencia appeared at right back as opposed to darmian! Dude for a club of our standing and aspirations, we require "authentic and solid fullbacks not converted strong men"! Tony v is AVERAGE with a capital A and needs to be improved upon! You mentioned jose? Let's see if he would sign a right full back, keep or sell tony v! That would prove which of us was heading in the right direction with this banter a little bit!
Valencia's game pattern whether at wigan or for utd has not changed.....still d same one way pattern. what has changed is dat he now has more defensive responsibilities unlike when he played a winger in our 442 days. even at dat I still observe dat in dis just concluded season our attack seems to be more potent whenever Valencia is on d field of play and he hardly makes foolish mistakes in defence.

secondly, united is not d only big club dat converts players. was mascherano not converted. even bayern converts players from their natural positions. so ur saying a club with aspiration shouldn't convert players is flawed.

darmian is a typical Italian defender.....they lack d vision to attack. in this age where fullbacks r expected to add a little impetus to the attack darmian is nowhere with regards to dat.

and yes I expect to see Jose bring in a new right full back just to see what he will add to the gameplay....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:45am On Jun 07, 2016
sinizia:

The embolden is what pisses me the fùck off. He can star for England and I won't give a tuppence about that, but the fact that he'll be playing for United makes me livid with rage. Why can't United move on from Rooney? Is a he a Messi or CR7? When will this club let go of pensioners and look forward to young and entertaining young quality players to move the club forward?
so you never liked how we kept scholes and giggs way past their expiration date?
all teams have their own bad contracts or just got rid of one.
You're not going to like this,Rooney means to UTd fans what Messi and Cr7 means to both their teans,and those two will soon sign extensions that we take them way past their prime.
we can't always pull a "Chelsea"and let our legends(except it is their choice)walk,It is a classless move (exceptions dey as always) and I think Chelsea extending Terry's contract is because dem Don learn their lesson.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:13am On Jun 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

so you never liked how we kept scholes and giggs way past their expiration date?
You're not going to like this,Rooney means to UTd fans what Messi and Cr7 means to both their teans,and those two will soon sign extensions that we take them way past their prime.
we can't always pull a "Chelsea"and let our legends(except it is their choice)walk,It is a classless move (exceptions dey as always) and I think Chelsea extending Terry's contract is because dem Don learn their lesson.

You are getting it wrong. SAF never recalled or played Giggs on "must play" basis. Giggs missed some matches, same as Scholes. But Rooney refuses to be subbed, can't strike and can't play well in the midfield. Playing him on a "must play" basis is where I'm peeved. If he's sparingly used, then I won't be complaining. Rooney presently is jack of all trades and master of none. He's not a master of either attack or midfield. So the best thing is to sparingly use him, that's all I ask for.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:19am On Jun 07, 2016
Rooney!!! Roooney!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 07, 2016
Dadehmola:
Rooney!!! Roooney!!!!!
grin grin
Elampiro wont like dis....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:36am On Jun 07, 2016
sinizia:

You are getting it wrong. SAF never recalled or played Giggs on "must play" basis. Giggs missed some matches, same as Scholes. But Rooney refuses to be subbed, can't strike and can't play well in the midfield. Playing him on a "must play" basis is where I'm peeved. If he's sparingly used, then I won't be complaining. Rooney presently is jack of all trades and master of none. He's not a master of either attack or midfield. So the best thing is to sparingly use him, that's all I ask for.

so i checked giggs appearances at Rooney's current age he played 29 league game only subbed on in 4.
we don't even have enough evidence to tell us Rooney doesn't want to come on from the bench all we've is hearsay and the fact that he is the captain.
the Real Madrid UCL game should've signalled a new phase in Rooney's careerbut SAF left and,Moyes couldn't do he doesn't have the clout,
LVG came out and made the "my captain will always start"but we've no evidence that Rooney put him up to that,
let see what Jose will do.
Rooney isn't totally useless you all watched the FA cup final.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:52am On Jun 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

so i checked giggs appearances at Rooney's current age he played 29 league game only subbed on in 4.
we don't even have enough evidence to tell us Rooney doesn't want to come on from the bench all we've is hearsay and the fact that he is the captain.
the Real Madrid UCL game should've signalled a new phase in Rooney's careerbut SAF left and,Moyes couldn't do he doesn't have the clout,
LVG came out and made the "my captain will always start"but we've no evidence that Rooney put him up to that,

Different players have different peak time or expiry date. Ibrahimovic is older than Rooney and still banging in goals that Rooney can only dream of. Rooney at his current age is way beyond his optimum best. He's sorely declined and he's not even a maestro in the midfield.

We have enough evidence, you just don't want to look. LvG confirmed that in the second game after Rooney came back from injury, he was furious after LvG subbed him in the second-half. Google it. It's the same reason that I fear for Rashford with Ibra's purchase. Rooney and Ibra are top dogs and they don't like getting subbed. From Muller, Messi, CR7, Bale, Neymar, Pogba, etc., these players will frown immediately you sub them.

Rooney doesn't have to put him to that verbally, Rooney's reputation and LvG's aim of pleasing him is enough to make LvG play him on constant basis. Do you need Messi to spell it out for you before you recognise that he won't enjoy being subbed? This is one of the reasons Moyes failed, giving Rooney a fat account balance just to please him and repair their once ruined relationship. We all saw how that turned out with Moyes playing Persie and Rooney in all matches as long as they are fit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:54am On Jun 07, 2016
Rooney issue started. I see it on until the start of Euro undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 7:57am On Jun 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

The point you are trying to make here is wrong. Playing Scholes so long and shoehorning Giggs in midfield are some of the terrible acts by SAF in his latter days which did us more harm than good. It's on record we didn't sign a single midfield player for over 6 years. That decision is still costing us even till now.

You are going overboard here again. You cannot compared the level of performances Ronaldo or Messi were bringing or are still bringing to their respective teams. We are talking very elite level of players and Ballon d'or winners not some fraudulent English player in Wayne. We have never won the league title with Rooney as leading scorer, never, I repeat never. We have been very close in one instance but people like to delude themselves thinking Wayne is on the same level of those players when clearly he's not. He's best at support those elite players and hardly ever good enough to lead the line as the main man and never would be.
This United and classless reference is bullsh1t also. In England, United is the most hated club and for good reasons too. People were laughing and labeled us clueless when we stuck with LVG but the same silly folks said we lack class when we dismissed him. It's a relationship of falsehood created for different intents. No big club has class, not even United.
Rooney has himself to blame here. I know of two significant events that made him lose some support from United folks and changed the way we saw him; when he wanted a new contract and held us hostage, and when he threatened to leave us or asked to be sold to rivals like City claiming we aren't ambitious enough( fine here, he might have had a point.) But obviously these aren't actions accrued to a legend, these are potent acts of a mercenary. Rooney is no legend; He's a bloody mercenary! Now the mercenary relationship should be quite simple. You deliver, and you get paid your worth. When Rooney was delivering, he was getting his money. Now is Rooney delivering? Why should we hold on to him when we're paying him big time and he's not delivering? Aren't we better off finding ourselves another mercenary?
Why do you think there are calls for him to get sold and the China links?
We saw how eventually Real Madrid treated Casillas or how Barcelona phased out Xavi. Those guys possess more legendary status than Rooney would ever get at United and they weren't even on bumper contracts like Rooney. Bayern didn't have any problem selling us their legend in Schweinsteiger when they realized he wasn't good enough anymore. Rooney can feck off!
In fact being United's top scorer soon isn't gonna change the way people view Rooney. United has done far more for Rooney than he'll would ever do for us compared to folks like Giggs or Scholes. Please stop this nonsense of Rooney being our legend. We have enough of those already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:19am On Jun 07, 2016
BossKratos:

Which season are you talking about Rooney? Rooney has scored 34 goals twice, so your argument is dead on arrival.

On the second item. Valencia is far better than Darmian. Period. Darmian and Blind are poor defenders. Including Rojo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:25am On Jun 07, 2016
sinizia:

You forget that qualifiers and friendly matches are always easier for England and they ease through it most of the time; but when it matters most, during the main tournament, they flop disgracefully. So don't use small teams like Scotland to judge. But that said, I agree with Rooney/Kane, Rooney/Vardy would work better but I disagree that Vardy and Kane would never work. That is nothing but arrant BS!! My main problem is trying to shoehorn Rooney in between Kane and Vardy that is working already, that's a recipe for disaster.

But like I've opined already, England is not my kettle of fish, I'm only supporting them coz of few United players in there. My main concern is that he'd be sold before season starts for United. I don't want that fat White Pele anywhere near my bench coz trying to play him in all our matches will derail our season. He's now a liability for United!!

Friendly matches and qualifier are not same as real tournament, but it was still Rooney who looked like doing anything for England in the last world cup. He had a hand in the only two goals England scored, and hit the woodwork once. When he was away in the third match, the easiest match, Sturridge and the rest could not score. Then the fans earlier said he should be dropped started shouting for his return. You don't follow England matches.

How is Kane and Vardy already working? Apart from their match against Germany, what else have they done?

Rooney in United has to be determine by Mourinho. Not your biased mind and sentiments.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 07, 2016
sinizia:

Zlatan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:34am On Jun 07, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
grin grin
Elampiro wont like dis....

That thing na nonsense. Rooney has the most fantanstic goals in football. He has the best goal in Premier League History.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BossKratos: 8:46am On Jun 07, 2016
elampiro:

Which season are you talking about Rooney? Rooney has scored 34 goals twice, so your argument is dead on arrival.

On the second item. Valencia is far better than Darmian. Period. Darmian and Blind are poor defenders. Including Rojo.

In my 1st post I intimated that it was that 2010 season! In my second post I stated that him delivering once in 6 YEARS is not consistency! This is 2016! Minus 6 years and what do you get? Bros its time to get those bi-focal glasses that you have been avoiding for so long!

This is not even an argument! I have called a long list of past united fullbacks for you to peruse through! I have also given you examples of dynamic fullbacks in other top clubs and have asked you to compare what they offer in that position compared to valencia and you could not offer any sound defence except "valencia is far better than darmian period?" I don't know what even brought "blind and rojo" into this debate sef! That is kagawawa10's style of off point argument so no fall my hand!

Elamps! If tony valencia is your idea of a "man united standard or a classy fullback" then I'm sorry! You may have to go and re-evalute your reasons for watching football in the 1st place! Let's wait and see what jose thinks anyway!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:59am On Jun 07, 2016
GBR1:
The point you are trying to make here is wrong. Playing Scholes so long and shoehorning Giggs in midfield are some of the terrible acts by SAF in his latter days which did us more harm than good. It's on record we didn't sign a single midfield player for over 6 years. That decision is still costing us even till now.
You are going overboard here again. You cannot compared the level of performances Ronaldo or Messi were bringing or are still bringing to their respective teams. We are talking very elite level of players and Ballon d'or winners not some fraudulent English player in Wayne. We have never won the league title with Rooney as leading scorer, never, I repeat never. We have been very close in one instance but people like to delude themselves thinking Wayne is on the same level of those players when clearly he's not. He's best at support those elite players and hardly ever good enough to lead the line as the main man and never would be.
This United and classless reference is bullsh1t also. In England, United is the most hated club and for good reasons too. People were laughing and labeled us clueless when we stuck with LVG but the same silly folks said we lack class when we dismissed him. It's a relationship of falsehood created for different intents. No big club has class, not even United.
Rooney has himself to blame here. I know of two significant events that made him lose some support from United folks and changed the way we saw him; when he wanted a new contract and held us hostage, and when he threatened to leave us or asked to be sold to rivals like City claiming we aren't ambitious enough( fine here, he might have had a point.) But obviously these aren't actions accrued to a legend, these are potent acts of a mercenary. Rooney is no legend; He's a bloody mercenary! Now the mercenary relationship should be quite simple. You deliver, and you get paid your worth. When Rooney was delivering, he was getting his money. Now is Rooney delivering? Why should we hold on to him when we're paying him big time and he's not delivering? Aren't we better off finding ourselves another mercenary?
Why do you think there are calls for him to get sold and the China links?
We saw how eventually Real Madrid treated Casillas or how Barcelona phased out Xavi. Those guys possess more legendary status than Rooney would ever get at United and they weren't even on bumper contracts like Rooney. Bayern didn't have any problem selling us their legend in Schweinsteiger when they realized he wasn't good enough anymore. Rooney can feck off!
In fact being United's top scorer soon isn't gonna change the way people view Rooney. United has done far more for Rooney than he'll would ever do for us compared to folks like Giggs or Scholes. Please stop this nonsense of Rooney being our legend. We have enough of those already.

My point there is we've always had this kind bad contract, stuff,Rooney situation isn't something we haven't ve seen before.
Again,am still very much on the boat I never jump.
no matter how we slice it Rooney is a Utd legend same way Terry,igwe and Gerrard are all cult heroes of their respective club.
It wasn't always smooth sailing but that shouldn't deter from the truth
He has been the face of this club since Cr7 left.
I know we got to a UCL final In one of his best season for the club.
He never was close to cr7 or Messi but you shouldn't have to be,to be appreciated.
Xavi left Barca,barca didn't leave they had to convince him to stay the extra year.
Raul also left madrid on his own.
Same way it was Schweinsteiger decision to leave Bayern.
It is only fair we extend Rooney the same courtesy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:02am On Jun 07, 2016
BossKratos:

In my 1st post I intimated that it was that 2010 season! In my second post I stated that him delivering once in 6 YEARS is not consistency! This is 2016! Minus 6 years and what do you get? Bros its time to get those bi-focal glasses that you have been avoiding for so long!

This is not even an argument! I have called a long list of past united fullbacks for you to peruse through! I have also given you examples of dynamic fullbacks in other top clubs and have asked you to compare what they offer in that position compared to valencia and you could not offer any sound defence except "valencia is far better than darmian period?" I don't know what even brought "blind and rojo" into this debate sef! That is kagawawa10's style of off point argument so no fall my hand!

Elamps! If tony valencia is your idea of a "man united standard or a classy fullback" then I'm sorry! You may have to go and re-evalute your reasons for watching football in the 1st place! Let's wait and see what jose thinks anyway!

Where were you when Rooney scored 34 goals in 2011/2012? Get your records right.

Man United has not been settled since 2014, so how do you expect anyone to score 20 goals? Creativity only returned to the team when Martial was moved to the wing. And Rooney scored 7 goals in 9 matches from January 2nd February 13th when he got injured.

As for Valencia, he is our best right back at the moment. Our best right back cannot be sold even if you are upgrading on him. He will be a back up. Go back and check the matches Valencia started in the right back. If he were around like even 80% of the season, we would be third.

Even SAF used Valencia as a right back almost every time Rafael was injured. And Rafael was always injured, like more than half the season. Even in UCL fixtures, Valencia delivered from there. The only problem with Valencia is his weak aerial ability. But he makes up for that in a number of ways, tackling, pushing the opposition to their own half, fast recovery, good retention of the ball, availability, good first time take down of balls in flight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:18am On Jun 07, 2016
sinizia:

Different players have different peak time or expiry date. Ibrahimovic is older than Rooney and still banging in goals that Rooney can only dream of. Rooney at his current age is way beyond his optimum best. He's sorely declined and he's not even a maestro in the midfield.

We have enough evidence, you just don't want to look. LvG confirmed that in the second game after Rooney came back from injury, he was furious after LvG subbed him in the second-half. Google it. It's the same reason that I fear for Rashford with Ibra's purchase. Rooney and Ibra are top dogs and they don't like getting subbed. From Muller, Messi, CR7, Bale, Neymar, Pogba, etc., these players will frown immediately you sub them.

Rooney doesn't have to put him to that verbally, Rooney's reputation and LvG's aim of pleasing him is enough to make LvG play him on constant basis. Do you need Messi to spell it out for you before you recognise that he won't enjoy being subbed? This is one of the reasons Moyes failed, giving Rooney a fat account balance just to please him and repair their once ruined relationship. We all saw how that turned out with Moyes playing Persie and Rooney in all matches as long as they are fit.
A great manager will sell Rooney on their idea of him coming from the bench.i expect Jose to do this.
No player especially players,that have performed at the level Rooney as enjoys been subbed off,it isn't a pleasing experience. If he wasn't mad he would never have been great.
LvG has a reputation too,I understand Moyes bending the knee but not LvG.
I agree Rooney should be used sparingly,and a great manager should be able to do that.
A player past his best doesn't mean he is totally useless again you saw the FA Cup performance watch am for this euros too cheesy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:17am On Jun 07, 2016
I just know dat under mourinho nothing like 'my captain must play'.....

he is always desperate to win and if u r not good enuf to warrant a place in any match, u go chop bench....
if u place too many foot wrong in a match he go comot u.

so Rooney should be ready to live up to Jose's expectations or else...,........
........he go chop bench cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:07am On Jun 07, 2016
Manchester United are interested in Mexico's Hirving Lozano - Pachuca

Manchester United are one of several clubs to have made an approach for Mexico winger Hirving Lozano, according to the vice president of the player's club Pachuca.

ESPN FC reported in April that the club had confirmed that United had scouted the player in Veracruz, Torreon and Guadalajara and had been impressed.

Lozano came through the club's youth system and made his international debut against Senegal in February.

When asked about United's interest in the 20-year-old, the Mexican club's vice president Andres Fassi told Record MX: "There have been approaches. There will be time to focus on the future of Hirving Lozano.

"There is a situation of confidentiality for 30 days with 12 teams," Fassi added. "They are evaluating, looking at options, making plans, but I cannot say anything else. Three of the 12 teams are better placed, that is all we can say - due to the confidentiality clauses in place."

"Pachuca, for several years, has a structure of great relationship with many teams in England, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy and Germany. Some agreements allow the players to go to Europe in the future."

Pachuca sporting director Marco Garces told ESPN FC late last year that he regularly visits England and that he has an established history with United. He previously alerted the club to Mexican striker Javier Hernandez, who the Premier League club went on to sign from Chivas de Guadalajara in 2010.

Arindam is ESPN FC's Manchester United correspondent. Follow him @ARejSport

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2887276/manchester-united-are-interested-in-mexico-winger-hiving-lozano-pachuca
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
RAKITIC:
Manchester United have made an approach for Nemanja Matic. (@DiMarzio)
Wetin them wan use am do?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

surely you are not comparing Giggs at 29 to Rooney at 29.
Giggs at 36 was in a better physical condition than this Rooney
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
lekkie073:
I just know dat under mourinho nothing like 'my captain must play'.....

he is always desperate to win and if u r not good enuf to warrant a place in any match, u go chop bench....
if u place too many foot wrong in a match he go comot u.

so Rooney should be ready to live up to Jose's expectations or else...,........
........he go chop bench cool
Ivanovic?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
PietroRico:
Ivanovic?
Jose's last season with Chelsea was complicated......
he asked for transfer funds to get adequate back ups but d Russian billionaire wasn't ready for such....instead Jose was given back up personnel dat he felt were not good to work with
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
PietroRico:
Ivanovic?
Casillas.
hopefully Rooney will handle his transition in a graceful manner.
I don't know how Rooney got the reputation as a lazy guy but giggs at 36 isn't fitter than Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
elampiro:

That thing na nonsense. Rooney has the most fantanstic goals in football. He has the best goal in Premier League History.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
Mourinho has settled with Eva Caneiro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
PietroRico:
surely you are not comparing Giggs at 29 to Rooney at 29.
Giggs at 36 was in a better physical condition than this Rooney
u r very right....till giggs retired I don't think I have ever had to outrightly fault his overall performance in a game....not saying he is perfect but u don't see him displaying in a manner dat can be termed "worst player on d pitch"....Rooney has won such encomiums several times
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
well on Rooney, I'd say he doesn't have the physical attributes to be playing every match every week!
yes he does have moments of magic buh he's seriously deteoriated!!

If you ask me now,seriously I don't know Rooney's best productive position!!!!! seriously!

Fatso should be used sparingly and when necessary!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
grin

Why you dey sun teeth? Abi na only you no know say Rooney na win the best goal in Premier League Era? His overhead kick against City was awarded the best goal in the EPL history.

Even Coogar agreed that Rooney scores great goals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2960) (2961) (2962) (2963) (2964) (2965) (2966) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m), CallTheCops(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.