Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,913 members, 7,863,164 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:28 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8871379 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:18am On Jun 23, 2016
Dadehmola:

Another Deluded Barca fan on the loose...

Just last week, another foolish one came here to chat poppycocks & this was my response...

...only for this one to exhibit his own idiocy very early in the morning...

It's a pity!!
grin I don't even know the reason for his post unless he misplaced his way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:18am On Jun 23, 2016
SailorXY:

Hmmm going by his numbers last season I can say ok, but do you think he's worth it considering his contract situation & the fact that the nigga wants out?
He's definitely not worth it but I can't blame Dortmund.
he was signed for 27mil and they probably want 13mil profit.
The main problem is prior to Tuchel takeover, he was rubbish, probably due to the expectation of being Gotze replacement in the no 10 role not until Tuchel started using him as a right/left sided attacker with the license to roam. The coach practically built the team around him even to the detriment of Reus on the other wing.
My doubt is he may find it difficult if he doesn't have the main guy role at Manutd. Also, he isn't a No 10, he doesn't hve the intelligence to operate as one as shown by how he still looked average whenever he was deployed in the no 10 role this season despite his great form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2016
GBR1:

He's not worth that amount. He's 27 years, on the last year of his contract and is not a world class player. Even 35 is a rip off. We should stop overpaying for players.
Yyou're right but dortmund isn't the one asking us to look at their player.
Since Mourinho wants him, we should try to lowball Dortmund for 35mil euros.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2016
Dadehmola:

Sanè doesn't cut across as an intelligent footballer to me - na only pace & power e get.

Dortmund would sell Auba at the right price & for me, i think we should pay up jare..

Pace and power is still very important in football. Smalling has pace and pawa and Blind is a football Einstein but we all know who most United fans would prefer at CB. Without the pace of Martial and Rashford we would have been in the bottom half of the league last season.
Some of those so called "intelligent" but weak and slow snails like Mata,Herrera, Blind are have been problems for us.
I am not saying we should buy muscular idi.ots but it is not a good mentality to disregard a player just because his strongest point is pace or power.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:38am On Jun 23, 2016
At this point we need to move quickly and early. Mane on that right wing would be an upgrade on Mata or Lingard, so would Mahrez.
The only reason i am not sure of Mikki is because of our experience with Kagawa. He looks stronger than Kagawa but one cant be sure, that league encourages weaklings to thrive.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:49am On Jun 23, 2016
chrisley024:
At least we're sure of the package, I mean for Mane. From the little I've watched Mikki, he doesn't look strong for epl and we know he's not intelligent like the likes of Silva, etc. We know in epl either you're very skillful and intelligent or you have pace and pawa to excel. elampiro knows the latter very well grin

Mahrez cannot be said to be powerful, neither does he fit In the Mould of David silva but we all saw how magnificent he was for Leicester last season...

We need Miki - he is creative, Skillful and has an impressive workrate. He also shoots from Distance (Unlike them Ozil & co) cool. Unlike Mata, He is also more effective as an inverted winger

chrisley024:

Mane though goes missing for some games, is a big game player. He's younger, cheaper and doesn’t need to adapt.

Manè's game revolves round excessive power, Stamina, agility & brute force with limited technical & tactical awareness - he is a poor man's Alexis Sanchez jare...

i wouldn't mind him joining us but if I was asked to choose, i would pick Mahrez everyday of the week sef.

chrisley024:

Aub is for CF and expensive which is a huge risk. Heard he is placed around 65mil. Dude is also more of pace and movement sef

He should be available for 40m....

If I may ask : who would you rather see leading our attack next season - Auba or Ibra?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:58am On Jun 23, 2016
Can someone watch this clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9o8t6Bzi0 and tell me how Iniesta was man of the match?
Looking at it now, he look ponderous on the ball and take ages before deciding to make his sideways passes yet someone still wants me to believe he has the spatial awareness to make incisive quick passes as Xavi?
Uefa is a fraud by the way!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:02am On Jun 23, 2016
Jose is about to table a £35m bid for Ramsey....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:04am On Jun 23, 2016
Diademk07:
Can someone watch this clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9o8t6Bzi0 and tell me how Iniesta was man of the match?
Looking at it now, he look ponderous on the ball and take ages before deciding to make his sideways passes yet someone still wants me to believe he has the spatial awareness to make incisive quick passes as Xavi?
Uefa is a fraud by the way!
guy why not just forget this inieasta issue....abi u wan collect the man of the match award from him ni
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2016
Dadehmola:

If I may ask : who would you rather see leading our attack next season - Auba or Ibra?
look at this from this point:
auba comes and dats the end of rashford......complete end!!!

Ibrahim comes and he & rashford complement themselves giving rashford the chance to progress and grow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2016
afrodoc2:

Pace and power is still very important in football. Smalling has pace and pawa and Blind is a football Einstein but we all know who most United fans would prefer at CB. Without the pace of Martial and Rashford we would have been in the bottom half of the league last season.
Some of those so called "intelligent" but weak and slow snails like Mata,Herrera, Blind are have been problems for us.
I am not saying we should buy muscular idi.ots but it is not a good mentality to disregard a player just because his strongest point is pace or power.

I get where you are coming from...

However, i'd rather we get a skillful & intelligent player who can get past his marker with the aforementioned attributes, not some "egun ori" dude with agidi as his major strength..

Mane could be an upgrade on the likes of Lingaard but for me, players similar to the likes of Reus, De-bruyne would always take precedence over alagidis like Manè (hence my preference for Mahrez). Infact, i withdraw the comparison with Alexis Sanchez - Manè is a version of Willian who isn't as good at set plays

If na Payet una dey talk, e for even better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:13am On Jun 23, 2016
lekkie073:

Ibrahim comes and he & rashford complement themselves giving rashford the chance to progress and grow

I am sure Rashford is a good person but i am sorry, i care more about United than about him. If Auba would guarantee us goals and titles i would take him in a flash, Rashford's time can come later.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:25am On Jun 23, 2016
Dadehmola:

However, i'd rather we get a skillful & intelligent player who can get past his marker with the aforementioned attributes, not some "egun ori" dude with agidi as his major strength..

Mane could be an upgrade on the likes of Lingaard but for me, players similar to the likes of Reus, De-bruyne would always take precedence over alagidis like Manè (hence my preference for Mahrez). Infact, i withdraw the comparison with Alexis Sanchez - Manè is a version of Willian who isn't as good at set plays

I get your point. It is just that we lack pace and power in that team. If its between Mahrez and Mane of course i would choose Mahrez cos he has some pace and lots of technique and is intelligent.
I do not know what JM plans for Mkhi when he comes, 10 or RW. It would be good to get Mkhi as 10 and Mahrez as RW.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2016
lekkie073:

It might sound harsh but bruh - the success of the club is more important than the development of a particular player - that's the situation presently.

Gone are the days of Sir Alex when this kinda orientation dey reign - as we speak, the club is in dire need of immediate success!

As regards the supposed development of Rashford, you think we would actually offer the arrogant Ibra (who is known to have an enormous ego even at his old age) around 250k/week for him to be rotated because "Rashford has to develop"?

If I may ask, why do you think Ibra can complement Rashford but Auba can't?

The "Ibra is old" excuse?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:28am On Jun 23, 2016
lekkie073:
Jose is about to table a £35m bid for Ramsey....
lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:30am On Jun 23, 2016
@Dadehmola I think you're really underrating Mane. He's more than what you're describing.

The problem is we aren't even being linked with him. I'll hate to see him go to Liverpool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2016
afrodoc2:
At this point we need to move quickly and early. Mane on that right wing would be an upgrade on Mata or Lingard, so would Mahrez.
The only reason i am not sure of Mikki is because of our experience with Kagawa. He looks stronger than Kagawa but one cant be sure, that league encourages weaklings to thrive.
I'm also very sceptical about signings from Dortmund. Only Lewandoski has left that club and go on to do well in recent times. Dortmund system is too setup for most of these players and enables them to thrive easily.

I still rate Mkhi though. I remember he was the best player in a Shaktar team that had Willian, Douglas Costa, Texeira etc. and most of them ended up good players so I think it's gonna be very difficult for him to completely fail.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:46am On Jun 23, 2016
afrodoc2:

I get your point. It is just that we lack pace and power in that team. If its between Mahrez and Mane of course i would choose Mahrez cos he has some pace and lots of technique and is intelligent.
I do not know what JM plans for Mkhi when he comes, 10 or RW. It would be good to get Mkhi as 10 and Mahrez as RW.
I would even prefer if we moved straight to 433 from 4231.

I've had enough of this no 10 thing.
Most of the time they end up being neither here nor there.

We should be recruiting players who can play as wing forwards and/or inverted wingers.

If we are getting mikki it should be to come and lock down that right attack down.

Rooney should continue in his box to box midfield role.
I still have faith in Schneirderlin to perform effectively as the one to break up play.
We should be targeting a midfielder that is super comfortable on the ball in tight spaces and has a good enough passing range that can dictate play from deep to complete the middle 3.
I'm slightly disappointed we didn't go for pjanic tbh.

With Carrick in direct competition with Schneirderlin, Schweinsteiger and Fellaini competing with Rooney (depending on the opponents).. We should be good to go.

Herrera and Mata matter tire me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:50am On Jun 23, 2016
GBR1:

I'm also very sceptical about signings from Dortmund. Only Lewandoski has left that club and go on to do well in recent times. Dortmund system is too setup for most of these players and enables them to thrive easily.

I still rate Mkhi though. I remember he was the best player in a Shaktar team that had Willian, Douglas Costa, Texeira etc. and most of them ended up good players so I think it's gonna be very difficult for him to completely fail.

Nuri Sahin was the chairman there, he failed at Real and Lverpool. Kagawa failed at United. Gotze is failing at Bayern. I will still go for him though cos at the moment we really need upgrades in that area.
It depends on what formation JM wants to play. He needs to decide on a formation, buy players that suit it and stick to it. No moronic experimentation like LVG
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:54am On Jun 23, 2016
GBR1:

Willian and Fernandinho were Shaktar best players.
Mikhi actually played as a box-box CM alongside Fernandinho who was also box-box in a 3-man midfield with Willian deployed as an inverted playmaker on the left.
Willian was the best player though, followed closely by Fernandinho. Both really tormented Chelsea team.
Their match against Chelsea was really fantastic, I remembered laughing out aloud until Moses parted the red sea for Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:54am On Jun 23, 2016
@Dadehmola, Mane is a better player than what you've painted. Dude has always shined against top teams in epl, it wouldn't be so if he's just about pace and pawa. The guy's dribble is also OK. C'mon, this guy has 11 goals and 6 assists. How many do we get from our midfielders per season?. He is a sure thing instead of taking gamble on a foreign player with 28mil who's 27.

Mahrez you described has skills, intelligence and pace. Of course he'd be my 1st pick.

As for Aub, Dortmund won't sell for anything less than 60mil plus. Likely the reason City has pulled out or Dortmund doesn't want to sell. And I'll say getting Aub won't hinder Rashford devt. There about 4 different competitions to play for and we'd have only 2 CF. Fergie used to even have upto 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2016
afrodoc2:

I am sure Rashford is a good person but i am sorry, i care more about United than about him. If Auba would guarantee us goals and titles i would take him in a flash, Rashford's time can come later.
I too will definitely go for anything dat would guarantee instant success for now....what I stated is just what permutations dat will arise with regards to getting either Ibrahim or auba.....

on another note, look at what pogba have gone to become.....if only we gave him dat chance. we didn't and a club like juve did. now such player even Jose is ready to break d bank for. imagine pogba sef dey do yanga to manutd grin

if we gamble on auba and he doesn't deliver and rashford subsequently leaves to another club and become a bang, another pogba mistake has been made...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:02am On Jun 23, 2016
------ aub -------

Martial-- mhiki-- mahrez/mane

Now that's a threat
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:06am On Jun 23, 2016
dopeJemi:
------ aub -------

Now that's a threat
Hehe. In Football Manager grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:12am On Jun 23, 2016
chrisley024:
Hehe. In Football Manager grin

It's very possible, Shey we get 200million to spend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2016
Dadehmola:

Mane is far more productive than Willian. Willian is though more of a team player with plenty energy to burn.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2016
Diademk07:

Willian and Fernandinho were Shaktar best players.
Mikhi actually played as a box-box CM alongside Fernandinho who was also box-box in a 3-man midfield with Willian deployed as an inverted playmaker on the left.
Willian was the best player though, followed closely by Fernandinho. Both really tormented Chelsea team.
Their match against Chelsea was really fantastic, I remembered laughing out aloud until Moses parted the red sea for Chelsea.
Stop being silly. You don't use matches against Chelsea to make assumptions over the course of an entire season. Mikhi was the best player in that Shaktar team and I'll prove it now.

He scored the record number of goals in the Ukranian league, surely he was the highest goal scorer in that Shaktar team. He was voted the league's(Ukranian) best player. He was also voted best player by the Shaktar fans.
Where were Willian and co when he was doing all these?

I don't even know why you quoted me when it's obvious you've nothing reasonable to say.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:19am On Jun 23, 2016
Jamie Vardy signs new Leicester city contract... Speaking he says 'I am still focused on the tournament but i would like to say on this i am very glad to have made this decision, i was amazed i was being linked to Assnal, I wouldn't even permit my corpse to play for them. I want to win and keep winning big with Leicester City. I don't want tin cups every now and then. I don't want to go the Champions league to make numbers but fight to be a Champion. That is my dream. I will speak more later. Thank you'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:21am On Jun 23, 2016
dopeJemi:
------ aub -------

Now that's a threat
it would be hard for any single club to buy auba mikki and mahrez in one single transfer season.....

all other clubs r not sleeping na?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 23, 2016
Lets all try not to laugh at Arsenal fans grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 23, 2016
joeace2020:
Jamie Vardy signs new Leicester city contract... Speaking he says 'I am still focused on the tournament but i would like to say on this i am very glad to have made this decision, i was amazed i was being linked to Assnal, I wouldn't even permit my corpse to play for them. I want to win and keep winning big with Leicester City. I don't want tin cups every now and then. I don't want to go the Champions league to make numbers but fight to be a Champion. That is my dream. I will speak more later. Thank you'
Mehn. Those were some really harsh words. Did Vardy really say those things?? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:26am On Jun 23, 2016
dopeJemi:

It's very possible, Shey we get 200million to spend
Not only about having the money, other things like does the player or the club want the move and competition from other clubs come into play.

I think Aub and Mahrez are very unlikely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: patrickmuf(m), Englishisamust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.