Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,370 members, 7,864,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8877441 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
if he's not a spare tire, how could he have missed the biggest game at old trafford last season? a player earning £250k per week got benched by welbeck(academy-trained).......how humiliating? grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
coogar: if he's not a spare tire, how could he have missed the biggest game at old trafford last season? a player earning £250k per week got benched by welbeck(academy-trained).......how humiliating? grin cheesy

That was just a mind game between him and SAF. But at the end SAF lost the game. Rooney had always won us UCL games at Old Trafford once he got a result at away.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
I am cutting off tonight, till tomorrow.

Arguing too much of football online makes one become slower in life activity.

I think I have made my point already
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
elampiro:
That was just a mind game between him and SAF. But at the end SAF lost the game. Rooney had always won us UCL games at Old Trafford once he got a result at away.

like he did against bayern munich in 2010? united scored 3 goals while rooney was on the pitch, he scored none out of them. you talk loads of rubbish
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
RuuDie: Chicharito scored 10 goals in 22 appearances (mostly as a sub)... I don't think there is any need to further elaborate the endless stretch of possibilities if he spent more time on the park!
..bt d problem is dt, aside his impressive goalscoring rate, his link-up play isnt good enof as to warrant him to be a regular starter. Chicharito cld be horribly wasteful with possession atimes. In modern ay football(especially in d EPL), being a top striker goes way beyond scoring tap-ins and cut-backs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
grin
elampiro: I am cutting off tonight, till tomorrow.

grin
elampiro: I am cutting off tonight, till tomorrow.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
If Fabregas is not available, which players should we be looking at. Seeing as it is likely we will be signing only one midfielder, it will have to be someone of obvious quality (i.e Kondogbia, Mendy, Cabaye e.t.c won't be good enough).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
what about modric,fellaini?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Deiok(m): 3:35am On Jul 20, 2013
What about thiago alcantara?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 5:55am On Jul 20, 2013
montelik: If Fabregas is not available, which players should we be looking at. Seeing as it is likely we will be signing only one midfielder, it will have to be someone of obvious quality (i.e Kondogbia, Mendy, Cabaye e.t.c won't be good enough).
If we are going for just one midfielder. Then I'll want it to be fellaini. He can play as a defensive midfielder (our defence was the most exposed among the top teams last season) and he can also burst forward conveniently, so we'll be getting a good value for our money if we go for him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:00am On Jul 20, 2013
coogar:

like he did against bayern munich in 2010? united scored 3 goals while rooney was on the pitch, he scored none out of them. you talk loads of rubbish

What happened when Rooney left the pitch? His presence made us led the match 3-0 when he was fit. He set up Gibson for the first goal in three minutes and United were to do the 'Roma spree' on Bayern, then United were leading 3-0 before he started limping again when his ankle ligament injury from the first leg resurfaced following a bad tackle in the first half at Old Trafford. He was treated for a long time and managed to continue. From there on everything changed. Even the defence became jittery and Bayern had the relief to start threatening as United link up play waned. Then Carrick allowed Olic to win a ball he (Carrick) had a 60- 40 advantage, and they had some hope. Rooney managed to start second half but could not manage his injury at all again after 50 minutes as he was limping.

On another light, this is one match I don't like talking about because Bayern rough tackles were ignored, Ribery was always going hard into Rafael but two soft tackles from Rafael earned him two soft yellow cards to the advantage of Bayern. So Bayern had three turning points- Rooney's injury, Carrick lack of concentration and Rafael's red card. But at the end it was still United 3 Bayern 2. Nani could have won it in the last minute when he ran 40 yards past Bayern defence but could not crown it with a finish on one on one with the goalkeeper. He would have emerged hero of the night. Well all that is history.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:52am On Jul 20, 2013
MANCHESTER UNITED 2012/13 PLAYER'S STATISTICS.

1. Look at Wayne Rooney's number of passes from attacking role in just 22 league start (2020 minutes).
1026 successful passes with 215 of them forward passes.

2. RVP 35 league starts (3123 minutes)
With only 791 successful passes and 205 forward passes.

If we consider that Rooney and Welbeck track back to help cover for midfielders and defenders and drive the ball for yards before passing it, then we will appreciate the amount of work Rooney does for the team. He is our bull, and a creative one.

As I said earlier, it is not only goals that make a player great. Maradonna was not an in and out scorer, not even the highest scorer in his team. Amokachie too. Those who know football, those who are directly invoved and those who are authority of the game know where they placed their vlues. Also, history books are permanent.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Deiok(m): 6:56am On Jul 20, 2013
^^^

The match is truely an history, its one match i dont realy like talking about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:27am On Jul 20, 2013
All you guys saying Chicharito's link up play can't give him first team football or he is a sitting duck in the box are just like teachers who choose to notice no improvement at all from a student cuz their first meeting with the student was not good enough, even when the improvement is glaring. Chicharito & Rafael are the two currently rapid developing players in Man Utd now. Premier league defences fear Chicharito more than any EPL forward, even SAF said he has done nothing to merit sitting on the bench. For keen observers it was clear from last season displays, that Chicharito is adding a lot of dimension to his game. Add that to the fact he is willing to learn & improve and doesn't shy away from competition, doesn't whine but is very patient for his chance, then we have a real gem on our hands.
Fellaini+Modric can give us the right balance & will be a good choice as it now stands.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:38am On Jul 20, 2013
elampiro:
What happened when Rooney left the pitch? His presence made us led the match 3-0 when he was fit. He set up Gibson for the first goal in three minutes and United were to do the 'Roma spree' on Bayern, then United were leading 3-0 before he started limping again when his ankle ligament injury from the first leg resurfaced following a bad tackle in the first half at Old Trafford. He was treated for a long time and managed to continue. From there on everything changed. Even the defence became jittery and Bayern had the relief to start threatening as United link up play waned. Then Carrick allowed Olic to win a ball he (Carrick) had a 60- 40 advantage, and they had some hope. Rooney managed to start second half but could not manage his injury at all again after 50 minutes as he was limping.

how can rooney's presence help win the first half when he contributed nothing in the match? we can as well say evra's presence won us the game..... you spew so much crap you might want to check with your doctor if you have diarrhoea. rafael's red card was the turning point in that game and bayern had already scored before rooney left the pitch. rooney's absence or presence meant nothing to the game - he was very insignificant on the night, he shouldn't have played...

On another light, this is one match I don't like talking about because Bayern rough tackles were ignored, Ribery was always going hard into Rafael but two soft tackles from Rafael earned him two soft yellow cards to the advantage of Bayern. So Bayern had three turning points- Rooney's injury, Carrick lack of concentration and Rafael's red card. But at the end it was still United 3 Bayern 2. Nani could have won it in the last minute when he ran 40 yards past Bayern defence but could not crown it with a finish on one on one with the goalkeeper. He would have emerged hero of the night. Well all that is history.

rooney's injury had nothing to do with the game. his assist to gibson was a good 40 yards away from bayern's goal. it was a simple pass in the midfield not more than 2 yards and gibson waltzed in to deliver a good shot. after then, rooney disappeared. nani/valencia took charge from then on. rafael attacked bayern than rooney did all night so stop peddling myths. rooney was below average before he was hauled off by fergie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2013
Season soon start
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:20am On Jul 20, 2013
Only United will have 6 players on the bench for a pre season game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2013
chamotex: Only United will have 6 players on the bench for a pre season game.

we are unique!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 20, 2013
more than half of the players are either injured or on extended vacation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:01am On Jul 20, 2013
sent u a pm, try respond sharply with regards to fa cup codes wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:18am On Jul 20, 2013
Breaking News!!!

Welbeck scores

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:23am On Jul 20, 2013
SailorXY: All you guys saying Chicharito's link up play can't give him first team football or he is a sitting duck in the box are just like teachers who choose to notice no improvement at all from a student cuz their first meeting with the student was not good enough, even when the improvement is glaring. Chicharito & Rafael are the two currently rapid developing players in Man Utd now. Premier league defences fear Chicharito more than any EPL forward, even SAF said he has done nothing to merit sitting on the bench. For keen observers it was clear from last season displays, that Chicharito is adding a lot of dimension to his game. Add that to the fact he is willing to learn & improve and doesn't shy away from competition, doesn't whine but is very patient for his chance, then we have a real gem on our hands.
Fellaini+Modric can give us the right balance & will be a good choice as it now stands.

Nice one Sailor.

People yarn as though strikers come staright out from the womb with the ability to "link play"; how else will Hernandez improve that link-up play aspect of his game if he doesn't have sufficient time to bond with the other regulars in the side!?
From the looks of things, if Rooney eventually leaves, Chicharito should be the next in line to move up the pecking order and fill that vacancy...not just because he happens to be there, but because even in the short span of time, he has earned it!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:36am On Jul 20, 2013
elampiro:

Does a spare tyre get used more than the regular? No.

Rooney, RVP, Kagawa, Welbeck and Chicharito. Only RVP was used more. Rooney had two injuries in the season, yet he played more than Chicharito who had no injury.

What happened between SAF and Rooney were just mind games. SAF was like ''I sent you (Rooney) to do a special assignment for me in Madrid but you wanted another role, I am the boss and no one disrespect me, Ok ou will see that Giggs can do it''. But at the end who lost? Once Rooney gets an away win or draw in UCL knockout, he wins at Old Trafford.

He is such a genius.

If Rooney is half the genius you claim, he wouldn't need you to be blowing his trumpet this hard and loud... CR7, LM10 - now these are examples of "genius" with a capital G!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:43am On Jul 20, 2013
SailorXY: All you guys saying Chicharito's link up play can't give him first team football or he is a sitting duck in the box are just like teachers who choose to notice no improvement at all from a student cuz their first meeting with the student was not good enough, even when the improvement is glaring. Chicharito & Rafael are the two currently rapid developing players in Man Utd now. Premier league defences fear Chicharito more than any EPL forward, even SAF said he has done nothing to merit sitting on the bench. For keen observers it was clear from last season displays, that Chicharito is adding a lot of dimension to his game. Add that to the fact he is willing to learn & improve and doesn't shy away from competition, doesn't whine but is very patient for his chance, then we have a real gem on our hands.

Now you are talking. A developing player is different from an established player when the going gets tough. No one is doubting or contesting what he has done, but he has done such mostly as Super Sub. How much can he play well against teams like City, Barca and Madrid. He is developing but he has not attained that maturity yet. But don't forget too he is not a teenager at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:54am On Jul 20, 2013
coogar:

how can rooney's presence help win the first half when he contributed nothing in the match? we can as well say evra's presence won us the game..... you spew so much crap you might want to check with your doctor if you have diarrhoea. rafael's red card was the turning point in that game and bayern had already scored before rooney left the pitch. rooney's absence or presence meant nothing to the game - he was very insignificant on the night, he shouldn't have played...

rooney's injury had nothing to do with the game. his assist to gibson was a good 40 yards away from bayern's goal. it was a simple pass in the midfield not more than 2 yards and gibson waltzed in to deliver a good shot. after then, rooney disappeared. nani/valencia took charge from then on. rafael attacked bayern than rooney did all night so stop peddling myths. rooney was below average before he was hauled off by fergie.

One doesn't have to score to be an influencer in a match. How many time will I say this? We are not kids in this game.

Some players presence alone takes away two or three opponents from a match and free up 'colleagues'. Like Maradonna and Amokachie. They don't really have to score. Football is not about who put the ball in the net at the end, there is plenty of work before that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
RuuDie:

Nice one Sailor.

People yarn as though strikers come staright out from the womb with the ability to "link play"; how else will Hernandez improve that link-up play aspect of his game if he doesn't have sufficient time to bond with the other regulars in the side!?
From the looks of things, if Rooney eventually leaves, Chicharito should be the next in line to move up the pecking order and fill that vacancy...not just because he happens to be there, but because even in the short span of time, he has earned it!

You have spoken well except you forgot that he is 25. Some players came in at 19 or 20 and they were already linking up play shaking the greatest teams in the world. They didn't leave the manager in any doubt about their abilities. In many many games he started you don't get to see him except running into offside.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
RuuDie:

If Rooney is half the genius you claim, he wouldn't need you to be blowing his trumpet this hard and loud... CR7, LM10 - now these are examples of "genius" with a capital G!

Who hears my trumpet?

The real men of football like Mourinho, Wenger, SAF, Macini and Moyes don't even know if my opinion exist.

I beg make I watch match finish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ocephraim(m): 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
chrisley024: Breaking News!!!

Welbeck scores

grin brkng news indeed grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
elampiro:

You have spoken well except you forgot that he is 25. Some players came in at 19 or 20 and they were already linking up play shaking the greatest teams in the world. They didn't leave the manager in any doubt about their abilities. In many many games he started you don't get to see him except running into offside.

As you very well know - not every player develops at the same pace and not every player is also opportune at ages 18-20 to be a part of the "greatest teams in the world".
Some of the greatest strikers that have graced the EPL and even football in general, couldn't hold the football long enough at their feet to save their own lives; so when did "link-up play" become the defining trait of a successful striker!!? Is Rooney a better "link-up" player than Berbatov?

elampiro:

Now you are talking. A developing player is different from an established player when the going gets tough. No one is doubting or contesting what he has done, but he has done such mostly as Super Sub. How much can he play well against teams like City, Barca and Madrid. He is developing but he has not attained that maturity yet. But don't forget too he is not a teenager at all.

Well now that the so-called "established" striker isn't eager to play for us anymore, what do we do? We can either go out and buy another "established" striker or ride our luck with the "developing" striker - I choose the latter. Was any striker born "established"!?
Who says "developing" players cannot give the desired results - or didn't we win EPL when Butt, Scholes, Beckham, Giggs and the Nevilles were still fledglings!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2013
And Moyes 1st goal scorer is Lingard.
Welbeck with a brace depite wasted chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2013
RuuDie:

As you very well know - not every player develops at the same pace and not every player is also opportune at ages 18-20 to be a part of the "greatest teams in the world".
Some of the greatest strikers that have graced the EPL and even football in general, couldn't hold the football long enough at their feet to save their own lives; so when did "link-up play" become the defining trait of a successful striker!!? Is Rooney a better "link-up" player than Berbatov?

Well now that the so-called "established" striker isn't eager to play for us anymore, what do we do? We can either go out and buy another "established" striker or ride our luck with the "developing" striker - I choose the latter. Was any striker born "established"!?
Who says "developing" players cannot give the desired results - or didn't we win EPL when Butt, Scholes, Beckham, Giggs and the Nevilles were still fledglings!?

1. Rooney didn't start from some of the greatest in the world. Guess you know he started from Everton.

2. How is Berbatov a good link up player? He is only skilful, he hardly can move 3 yards with the ball. In his hey days he was a prolific finisher, old age made him dropped backward. Before Berba came to United there was a vacuum in our top '9' since Nilsterooys departure. SAF wanted him to fill the gap, but he couldn't replicate him lead role from Totteham. There is a difference between a top '9' and a support strikers as in traditional '8' or '10'. Using Eagles as an example, Yekini was '9' as we have in Nilsterooy, Saha, RVP, Berbatov and Chicharito. The distinction should be clear before we begin to compare players as in goals scored, roles played, etc

3. My argument has never been that of not wanting the young to grow. As they perform, I rate them based on my personal unbiased opinion. Chicharito can go to become like Philipo Inzaghi. Inzaghi was an inbox one touch player and he did it greatly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2013
chrisley024: And Moyes 1st goal scorer is Lingard.
Welbeck with a brace depite wasted chances.

Welbeck is improving. Moyes said the other day that he has had a one on one with Welbeck and he will improve his goals scoring.

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.