Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,373 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:05 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8859628 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) ... (14214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2016
NAWAOOO... EVEN SECOND IS NOT AN OPTION.
MAKE UNA TAKE AM EASY WITH MOURINHO NA.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 8:50am On Aug 09, 2016
cool

Its going to be a great season! No doubt!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2016
£89m for Pogba in today's market is a fair deal. Significantly lower than the amounts being bandied about prior to the announcement.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2016
Pataki:

Evans ko, Eric ni.

Same way your Daily Star source told us, Wenger met with Mahrez's agent at a restaurant in London, and Mahrez has agreed to join Arsenal. grin Gerraria mhen! grin

No be the same Ozil that personally canceled short his holiday in the States just to watch his team mates play, while your Pogba hired a personal photographer to be taking shots of him everywhere in the States.

Abeg, find better news knack me. grin

Alright, take

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by meracool(m): 9:06am On Aug 09, 2016
dopeJemi:

Alright, take

Please go soft on This Particular Guy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:11am On Aug 09, 2016
SailorXY:
i am yet to understand this obsession with a Carrick type midfielder.from the days i started seeing the games United never had a Carrick kind of midfielder. it was more pace & pawa with amazing use of the ball in attacking zones.
this is nat downplayin' Carrick's contributions so far buh hell, there ain' noin' wrong goin' back to how it was befo' him.

...& same thing applies to so-called No. 10. before Kagawa we never had that kind of arrangement. twin sharp strike partners or three goddamn fast trio interchanging & slaying teams off on counters like Spartacus.

give me a fleet-feet attacking trio upfront anyday! wetin be this No. 10s sef?

Exactly @ embolden. This is why I haven't been happy that Mourinho didn't sell Carrick and we are still gonna depend on an aging player to anchor our midfield. United of old did fine with a pace and power DM. This is why I've been wishing we've gotten Matuidi. That ninja fits all the bill we need in a DM. Which of the top teams depend on a Carrick-esque player as their best DM? Even Alonso has more strength and pace than Carrick. I'm not tryna downplay his techniques, but Carrick as our best DM is very shameful. An opponent playing aggressive and high tempo football will nullify Carrick's threats. He needs space to work and EPL teams won't give him such luxury. Arsenal defeat readily comes to mind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2016
This is very rich coming from the fan of the only club that always has doctors in their squad.
After Dr Vasiriki LANS (Like A New Signing) Diaby chop their dollar like Nkem Owoh he handed over to Dr RoSICKy and now Dr Wheelchair.
At every point in time for the last 10 years there has been someone chopping free money at Arsenal.
The last moves between these 2 clubs have been Welbeck and Silvestre from Utd to Arsenal and RVP from Arsenal to Utd......who be the maga?

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:16am On Aug 09, 2016
PietroRico:
£89m for Pogba in today's market is a fair deal. Significantly lower than the amounts being bandied about prior to the announcement.

Well no, its still around double his value. No way is he worth even close to 89m.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:18am On Aug 09, 2016
Pataki:

You have a Bayern pensioner (menopause player) collecting free wages on your team, you are talking about Wilshere? How much did Maga sorry Dasuki United pay to get him off the wage worries of Bayernliga?

You manure fans are delightful bunch of scum. grin
@ least the Bayern pensioner has age to contend with. What is Xaviesta's problem exactly? I heard Wenger is working on a new deal for him with pay raise.
The British Military Intelligence should investigate their biological connection, he just may be Wenger's son undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:23am On Aug 09, 2016
liveLongNprospa:
NAWAOOO... EVEN SECOND IS NOT AN OPTION.
MAKE UNA TAKE AM EASY WITH MOURINHO NA.

The main objectives I require from Mourinho this season are:

1. Dispatch and destroy the last vestige of LvG's vapid and sleep-inducing kind of football. Bring back fast, fluid and entertaining football we experienced under SAF.

2. Qualify us for UCL without snatching the final UCI spot on the final day or requiring a miracle to finish top 4.

These are my main objectives for the gaffer for this season alone. From next season, I must add an EPL tittle to it. I really don't care how bad or good we might be in Europa League. That's not my cuppa tea.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Boring: 9:28am On Aug 09, 2016
sinizia:

1. Dispatch and destroy the last vestige of LvG's vapid and sleep-inducing kind of football. Bring back fast, fluid and entertaining football we experienced under SAF.

2. Qualify us for UCL without snatching the final UCI spot on the final day or requiring a miracle to finish top 4.

These are my main objectives for the gaffer for this season alone. From next season, I must add an EPL tittle to it. I really don't care how bad or good we might be in Europa League. That's not my cuppa tea.
Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:32am On Aug 09, 2016
though i was against the signing of pogba,now that hes here i wish him the best and hope hes actually as good as the way most people percieve him to be
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:33am On Aug 09, 2016
afrodoc2:

This is very rich coming from the fan of the only club that always has doctors in their squad.
After Dr Vasiriki LANS (Like A New Signing) Diaby chop their dollar like Nkem Owoh he handed over to Dr RoSICKy and now Dr Wheelchair.
At every point in time for the last 10 years there has been someone chopping free money at Arsenal.
The last moves between these 2 clubs have been Welbeck and Silvestre from Utd to Arsenal and RVP from Arsenal to Utd......who be the maga?

Panthanky's gnashing of teeth is understandable. It hurts when his fellow London based clubs have won the league and excelled in their 12 years of barreness. It hurts when a non-UCL-playing team can get top stars ahead of his UCL-attending club with no trophy to show for it.

It's these hurts that have blinded him from acknowledging his hypocrisy when his team have the likes serial injury prone players like Wilchair, Diaby, and Roscisky. Let's allow him keep up with his wailing, it's the only relief he gets from being a fan of a retardêd and delusional club.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 9:33am On Aug 09, 2016
sinizia:

Approved! cool

Someone once said we should have signed Kroos or+ modric bla bla bla... Lol
Go price kroos see if he no go cost pass £100m. grin

Times have changed.
Perez destroyed the market a long time ago with the bale acquisition.

#Pogback is a do die affair.
He fails and Mourinho is dead !
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 9:35am On Aug 09, 2016
chrisley024:
Coming from someone that had Rosicky, Arteta, Wheelchair on their payroll for years.

Arsenal fans and hypocrisy are like bread and better. Always shooting themselves on feet.

Yeah we bought them in their menopause years even after knowing they were injury ridden in their previous clubs. Even with that, we placed them on a ridiculous salary wage, afterall, pensioner too must chop from Dasuki United abi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 9:37am On Aug 09, 2016
Pogba's legs are made of titanium.

Moaninghoe has no excuse. He has to win the league now. cool

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2016
Elxandre:

Approved! cool

Someone once said we should have signed Kroos or+ modric bla bla bla... Lol
Go price kroos see if he no go cost pass £100m. grin

Times have changed.
Perez destroyed the market a long time ago with the bale acquisition.

#Pogback is a do die affair.
He fails and Mourinho is dead !

That's unrealistic. Modric and Kroos will cost us not less than £70M each in this current transfer window madness. Zidane wouldn't even agree to a Modric sale.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:42am On Aug 09, 2016
Pataki:
Pogba's legs are made of titanium.

Moaninghoe has no excuse. He has to win the league now. cool

It's a shame that you can't require the same from your pathetic club. Your objective for Wengay for the last 12 years has been - qualify us for UCI even though we will never win it till my dying days. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 9:42am On Aug 09, 2016
MrTA:

Well no, its still around double his value. No way is he worth even close to 89m.
Guy in this current transfer market that's his value. Leroy Sane has only had one season as a professional footballer and he wasn't even consistent and man city paid 37 million for him.

Renato Sanches had one season in the Portuguese league, which isn't even a tough league, and he cost Bayern 40 million potentially rising to 80 in add-ons.

Pogba is one of the best in the world at his position currently and could potentially be the number 1 midfielder in the world. He has four seasons of top level experience and has four Serie A titles and a few Italian cups.

How isn't he worth 89 million considering all this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 9:45am On Aug 09, 2016
I also think most of Mourinho's key signings always live up to expectations.

Asking for the title because we bought four players though is foolish.
We are talking about a team that finished 5th last season playing some of the most sterile football in history.

Someone noted that we had about 6 shots on target despite playing unspectacularly on Sunday.
LVG wouldn't have gotten that. tongue

We will have two more enemies to deal with this season (RuuDie and Diademk07), but we'll be ready grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:48am On Aug 09, 2016
tess1:
How soon people forget games that they are now suggesting Blind as a direct replacement for Carrick in DM.

Everton, Crystal Palace and I think Swansea in his first season should come to mind. Most especially the Everton away game where we were beaten 3-0. He was so sluggish in that game which Everton played on a high tempo. Immediately he's beaten, it's usually an expressway to our defence. He'll then be running like someone whose legs have been tied to something heavy. He'll be exposed in any high-tempo match like he has been before.

We discussed extensively on this on those match days then. I can see so many of us here have forgotten that. Blind as our last midfielder cannot work unless his speed and his reading of the game have improved which I doubt.

Blind also passes with one foot which makes him pass mostly to his left. Unlike Carrick who passes with ease to both sides.

Blind offers zero protection to the defence, he lacks speed and passes with one foot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2016
sinizia:

It's a shame that you can't require the same from your pathetic club. Your objective for Wengay for the last 12 years has been - qualify us for UCI even though we will never win it till my dying days. grin grin

I don't know why I keep raising the bar for you scummies. grin

If you can finish above ManShitty and Tottenham, I will consider your club a relative success this new season. Till then, at least enjoy your EUROPA challenge. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:55am On Aug 09, 2016
MrTA:

I tire oh...

We paid 10m less & suddenly, a highly overated Pogba becomes the bargain of the century undecided

I don make peace with the purchase though - he had better come good.....atleast in the interest of the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:57am On Aug 09, 2016
MrTA:

Guess you know the amount Juventus paid to get Higuain despite his Age?! Seems you forgot Pogba is among the World Best Eleven Presently?!

More so..... he's among the Best 3 Midfielders in the World presently! The Transfer market is so crazy at the moment, and I think the deal is fair!

Some of us are looking at it from the wrong angle; he was our Player that we let go for FREE or TOKEN! Does it matter?

If Madrid could price away Bale, without any major achievement at then, at that huge amount, then why complaining about Pogba who has won many Trophies with Juventus?!

Think straight Man, economy recess that's affecting Nigeria is not affecting United as a Football Club!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 9:58am On Aug 09, 2016
wink. POGBAS 1ST INTERVIEW:

David stowell: Paul, welcome back to Manchester United. How do you sum up your
emotions right now?

Pogba: There’s no words, to be honest, there’s no words. I just came back to Carrington. It was like I’d just come back home. I just went for a holiday, looks like I went for a holiday. I’ve come back home, I’m happy and I see everyone, the same persons. It’s just a great feeling, to be honest.

David: I suppose it’s a funny question after
what you’ve just said but why are you back here at United? What made you come back?

Pogba: I think it’s destiny, I would say it’s destiny. First my mum told me I would come back here and I told her, ‘You never know, you’ll see.’ For myself as well it’s a big challenge too, just to come back to where I came from, where I grew up, where I started. I didn’t finish what I started here so I think I came here to finish it.

David: And of course, you have to listen to
your mum…

Pogba: My mum, she says ‘Your mum’s always right.’ So she was right this time, so it’s good.

David: And how does it feel to be the world’s most expensive footballer? That’s
quite an achievement with all that
you’ve already achieved on the pitch…

Pogba: The thing with me is I only think about the pitch. I want to do great, I want to be one of the best, I want to win titles, I want to
achieve things and that’s all; that’s why I
came here, just to do this, to become one of
the best and to win titles because I know this
club has to win titles. This club is created to
win titles, to win things, to win big things. I
just focus on this and that’s it. I’m just ready
to go and work on that and just kill it.

David: Has it been a mad summer for you,
playing in the Euros at home for France
and then being linked with different
clubs?

Pogba: Yeah. Was there a bit of sadness? Of course, because we lost the final at home. But I will say I’m happy. It was a bad thing for a good thing so I’m happy now. I’m back home and it’s something crazy, it’s really crazy, I cannot
explain. I’m very, very happy, the feeling I
have in my body. I can’t wait to start.

David: What’s it like being Paul Pogba now,
compared to when you were here at 18
or 19, in this indoor arena at the
Academy?

Pogba: Well, I was younger. Now I’m taller and bigger. It’s just like… as I told you… it looks
like I went for a holiday and I came back home.
I was meant to come back here. I feel this. I
always had this United thing in my heart and
that’s why I came back. I’m happy, just
happy.

David: How have you changed as a player since
you were here at United the first time around? What have you learned about your game, about yourself? How are you different?

Pogba: I’m more experienced, I’ve won titles at
Juve. I’ve been playing with big players like when I started at Man United, of course. I
came back. I’ve not come back from the
Academy now; I went to play somewhere else
and I came back, I would say, as a person, as
an adult. I would say with experience, with
more games, so I think that’s the difference.

www.manutd.com
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:59am On Aug 09, 2016
afrodoc2:

Pogba and Herrera together as the only central midfielders is a recipe for disaster. It is not just about choosing the most skillful or dynamic midfielders, the manager has to choose the right combination that protects the defense as well as aids the attack.
Pogba was brought on for his attacking runs from midfield , so when he is doing that is it Herrera that will shield the defense or is it Herrera that will be dictating play from between the 2 CBs?

Why can't Schneiderlin play the DM? The former Belgian national team coach said Fellaini is a good DM but United never uses him there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:59am On Aug 09, 2016
Pataki:

I don't know why I keep raising the bar for you scummies. grin

If you can finish above ManShitty and Tottenham, I will consider your club a relative success this new season. Till then, at least enjoy your EUROPA challenge. grin

Stop raising the bar for us, raise it for your team too. Or is your team so eternally useless that you can't dream of league after 12 years? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:07am On Aug 09, 2016
SIRcumalot:

you guys are forgetting we tried blind in this position during LVG era it didn't work out so well I hope he gets another chance again.

It will still not work. Chamberlain and Wilshere will breeze past him with ease, in fact everyone will breeze past him easily as he is the most sluggish player in the EPL. It is also more difficult to win aerial duels in midfield than defence. He will be bullied off the ball in the middle of the park.

Blind will be backup to Smalling in the left side of our central defence, and then one of the backup to Luke Shaw in the left back. To me Blind best position is left back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 10:16am On Aug 09, 2016
PART 2;

What thoughts come into your head when you think back to the Under 18s here, winning the Youth Cup and breaking into the first team?

Pogba: When I first came, I remember when I was at school at the academy. They used to come and drop us. I had this picture of my training. I saw Warren Joyce, I always remember the training I had with him, the changing room, the canteen where we eat, just the same and I was thinking about it before. It’s like a picture, I had my picture… it’s just something I cannot explain, it’s crazy. I just feel happy. There’s no words, to be honest, there’s no words. Just happiness. And I just can’t wait to start playing with my new team. It doesn’t look like it’s my new team, it’s just like I left this team and now I’ve come back. It’s just a great feeling to be honest.

We’ve missed you here on MUTV – we enjoyed having you here the first time. How did your experiences of being on MUTV regularly set up you?

Pogba: I started on MUTV. My first interview was here at United. So now I come back and feel like I’m doing my old interview I’m just taller, bigger, older. And I’m just enjoying it.

You’re signing for a very successful manager with a big personality, so how important was he in your decision to come here?

Pogba: First of all, I spoke with a lot of players who played under him when he was at Madrid – I spoke with [Alvaro] Morata, [Raphael] Varane
and they all told me he’s the coach for me; he will make me improve a lot and make me work harder. I feel this. I spoke with him a few
times and he gave me energy, he gave me
positivity. So I was thinking ‘why not?’ I’m
sure he can make me improve and make me a
better player and a better person.

It’s been a big journey for you over the last 6 or 7 years but you’re still very young in a footballing sense, so what do you feel you can achieve in your career?

Pogba: First of all, win the league for the first time with United, because I hadn’t won the league when I left. The Champions League, of course, and personally, one of my dreams is to win the Ballon d’Or. That will come with time
hopefully but first the Premier League – I’ve
never done it.

This move means you’re reunited with people like Jesse Lingard, who you played with in the FA Youth Cup-winning team. Have you kept in touch with those guys?

Pogba: Always we kept talking – I’ve just kept in touch with him. I’m very happy for him and
what he’s doing, very proud of him, because
he just keeps it up. I know he went on loan, he
came back, he went on loan again, but it was
just Jesse Lingard scoring goals, as always. So
I’m very happy for him. I see Sam Johnstone
too, and Will Keane and some other players
who went away. We just keep in touch and I’m
very happy for them.

The fans are excited to have you here,
so do you have a message for them?

Pogba: I’m back and I can’t wait to make them happy, to show them that I’m still Paul Pogba but in a different way, and that I came here not to joke but to make them happy and feel like we can win the league. That’s why I came here.

**Supreme**

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:20am On Aug 09, 2016

I see formation with Smalling as RCB while Bailly as LCB. It makes no sense.

Smalling is more experienced and will be paying on the left side which is more difficult for both guys because they are right footed defenders. Moreover Smalling has played there before. And Mourinho did not play Bailly on the left side of central defence throughout the pre-season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:27am On Aug 09, 2016
sinizia:

My objectives are to win the league title. That's what I want. Won't accept anything else.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:36am On Aug 09, 2016
Our defensive play is more compact now. Some things have improved, but we need to:

Improve further the frequency with which we get the ball to the final third and inside the box.

We need to improve further on winning the ball in midfield.

Spend less time passing the ball around in our own half. We need to be more direct, and play more with pace and power. We have a striker who is an inbox King, so we have to get a lot of balls and crossings into the box. If it were a striker like Tevez, then we would have been fine playing far from the box while everyone races down at once at the opposition defence.

We wait for the season to start to see how it goes and how things work out. We have players with jumping power (Ibrahimovic, Bailly and Pogba), so we will be a threat from set plays and long balls while also doing better defending than last few seasons.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3127) (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) ... (14214) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m), Jamiuokolla and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.