Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,401 members, 7,864,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8877906 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:49am On Aug 09, 2013
^^^^ Chai! We don suffer. Imagine that news, so we have gotten to this level? embarassed undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:34am On Aug 09, 2013
Mehn am speechless!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:40am On Aug 09, 2013
elampiro: Everton: Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines are not for sale
Mike Prindiville Aug 8, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT

The Guardian is reporting that Everton will reject any formal bid from Manchester United for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines.

The position has been made in response to reports that United’s manager, David Moyes, is weighing up a joint offer in the range $46.7 million (£30m) for the pair.

Moyes already had a $18.7 million (£12m) bid for Baines turned down by the Toffees this past June but appears intent on pushing forward with acquiring the 28 year old to compete with Patrice Evra for starting spot at left-back. Moyes has yet to launch a bid for Fellaini, whose $35.8 million (£23m) release clause expired on July 31st.

Question marks surround both targets.

As to Baines, the England international would appear to be surplus goods in the midst of Evra, not to mention his 24 year old protégé, Alexander Büttner.

As to Fellaini, some feel the hulking Belgian would not satisfy United’s need for a creative, playmaking midfielder to compliment Michael Carrick. There is no doubt that Fellaini can drive a team to victory but his game is quite different from United’s previous targets, Thiago Alcantara and Cesc Fabregas.

Being a club with thin financial reserves, Everton looks a plump target for any minted teams looking to buy players. But the Toffees fighting stance against selling either of their top assets suggests that sometimes things aren’t how they appear.

One interpretation of Everton’s stance is that the club is preparing themselves to embark on yet another long-shot run at qualifying for Europe. It’s a position that has their fans rubbing their bellies.

A somewhat less ambitious explanation is that the Toffees are appalled by Moyes’ gall at having submitted a $18.7 million (£12m) bid for Baines after the Scot himself rejected United’s $28 million (£18m) approach for the player just last summer.

At the very least, Everton’s stand makes one thing clear – it’s going to cost a pretty penny if Moyes is to pry Fellaini and/or Baines away from Goodison Park.
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/08/everton-marouane-fellaini-and-leighton-baines-are-not-for-sale/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

You believe too much in tabloids
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 10:47am On Aug 09, 2013
Sincerely we should start loooking beyond signings, at least for this summer. Energy should be dissipated on getting the best out of the fringe players of last season to contribute their quota, most especially Anderson Nani Valencia Cleverly And Kagawa.

The younger ones could be brought intermittently. The likes of Powell, Janucz, Lingard and maybe Tunncliffe too.

I don't see any signing coming in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2013
Duplicated.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2013
"We are far away so we are not in England to know every detail but we are doing things in the correct way," Mourinho told reporters in America.
"We made the bid and Manchester United have reacted. Let's see what happens. But we can't do more than we are doing now.
"We are doing things legally, making the official bid directly to the club, no interviews or comments or direct relations with the player, no contact, absolutely nothing.
"We are doing everything in an ethical way, so let's see if things change," added Mourinho, who was fined by the Premier League in 2005 for tapping up Ashley Cole prior to the defender's transfer from Arsenal during his first stint in charge of the Blues.
Mourinho also said he had no interest in selling Brazilian defender David Luiz to Barcelona and was happy to be patient over Rooney, with Chelsea already boasting a strikeforce of Fernando Torres, Romelu Lukaku and Demba Ba.

"There is no time limit," Mourinho said. "We have our squad of strikers. We have identified the player as one we would like to have with us. We have done it in an ethical way and we are going to do that until the last day."

ENGLAND FOCUS

...... Despite training with United's reserves to improve his fitness, Rooney was selected by England manager Roy Hodgson on Thursday for next week's friendly against Scotland.
Rooney will join Chelsea players Cole, Gary Cahill and Frank Lampard in the England squad but Hodgson told reporters on Thursday that he would instruct his players not to discuss club matters once they assembled on Sunday.
"I do accept a duty of care," he said.
"We're not naive. Ashley Cole and Wayne are quite close friends. David Moyes must know that as well. If they weren't speaking in a hotel, they would be speaking on the telephone."
"I will try to make it clear to everybody, the Chelsea players and the Manchester United players and anyone else for that matter, that this is England.

"As far as we're concerned, you can speak as much as you like to each other now but during these two or three days this is England, this is England against Scotland and, even more importantly, the matches beyond Scotland."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-chelsea-still-chasing-rooney-says-mourinho-093644678.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2013
Robin Van Persie, has sent out a vote of confidence to new manager David ‪#‎Moyes‬ by claiming the club are still as strong without Sir Alex Ferguson.

“Sir Alex is a huge presence, but already the new manager has come in and impressed everybody greatly. There’s a new coaching set-up but the attitude of the players remains identical,

“I know he is a good manager who did an excellent job at Everton. His teams were always mentally strong and united, which is hard to play against. Now we can see his abilities and positive approach in training. I can say already that I’m going to enjoy working with him.” (Source: fanatix.com, The Express)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
Frm d look of things, d community shield might be d only trophy we'd win dis season. For me, UCL qualification battle starts on d 16th...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
dademola: Frm d look of things, d community shield might be d only trophy we'd win dis season. For me, UCL qualification battle starts on d 16th...
Everything is not as it seem. Signing players won't guarantee trophies, it never does. City has spent £94m this summer alone & so what? The league, fA Cup, Champions league should be handed over? cheesy bro relax, Man Utd will win the league no matter how close & FA Cup next season.
#youhearditherefirst
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2013
SailorXY:
Everything is not as it seem. Signing players won't guarantee trophies, it never does. City has spent £94m this summer alone & so what? The league, fA Cup, Champions league should be handed over? cheesy bro relax, Man Utd will win the league no matter how close & FA Cup next season.
#youhearditherefirst
okay oo. Maybe u've forgotten dt d "fergie time" we usually enjoy in matches where d opponent is in a vantage position, is OVER!! And frm d way i see it, some questionable calls and decisions dt go our way in matches, will also come to an end!! If not for RVP last season, maybe na 5th position we for carry. Everyone has identified d MF as our major weakness, and if we dnt fortify now, i just dnt see us getting away with it like we've been doing over d past few yrs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Has our bid for Leo Messi been accepted yet? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
dademola: okay oo. Maybe u've forgotten dt d "fergie time" we usually enjoy in matches where d opponent is in a vantage position, is OVER!! And frm d way i see it, some questionable calls and decisions dt go our way in matches, will also come to an end!! If not for RVP last season, maybe na 5th position we for carry. Everyone has identified d MF as our major weakness, and if we dnt fortify now, i just dnt see us getting away with it like we've been doing over d past few yrs

Did you just say Man United could have finished 5th without RVP? I beg don't say that again. What!!!

Can you tell me when last United finished 3rd?
Can you tell our position before RVP arrived? Was there a change in the team?
Do you know the time he wasn't scoring, others rose to the occasion.

If he didn't come, Chicharito would have been playing his position and still end with a descent goals tally.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
Mr_TA: Has our bid for Leo Messi been accepted yet? undecided

Yes, Messi and Neymar will be unveiled in the Rio's testimonial. Breaking!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2013
Mr_TA: Has our bid for Leo Messi been accepted yet? undecided

Nah, but Thiago Messi is very much available. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
dademola: okay oo. Maybe u've forgotten dt d "fergie time" we usually enjoy in matches where d opponent is in a vantage position, is OVER!! And frm d way i see it, some questionable calls and decisions dt go our way in matches, will also come to an end!! If not for RVP last season, maybe na 5th position we for carry. Everyone has identified d MF as our major weakness, and if we dnt fortify now, i just dnt see us getting away with it like we've been doing over d past few yrs
And this is coming from a suppossed man united fan, SMH,which fergie time are you talking about? I challenge you to mention one of those fergie time we had last season, we all saw chelsea vs liverpool last season when liverpool equalised after the added time has completed, we also saw arsenal vs reading in the carling cup when arsenal scored after the added time has been exhausted.i guesss tou have nothing to say about those matches.
To say Man utd would have finished 5th without RVP says alot about how much you know United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
united would have won the title without RVP. people seem to forget the arrival of RVP displaced 3 united strikers. berbatov, chicharito and welbeck. berbatov was the league's top scorer and we all know chicharito can score 30 league goals if he plays in 35 games.....

in a nutshell, put any decent striker upfront for united and they would score plenty of goals. the creativity from the wings and set pieces guarantee goals for any fergie's team. united are an attacking team. RVP was excellent last season but he joined a team of champions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
pLs, what time does d testimonial match start
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
I thought there would be a major signing on the day of Rios testimonial

So Manure don turn yeye like this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2013
elampiro:

Did you just say Man United could have finished 5th without RVP? I beg don't say that again. What!!!

Can you tell me when last United finished 3rd?
Can you tell our position before RVP arrived? Was there a change in the team?
Do you know the time he wasn't scoring, others rose to the occasion.

If he didn't come, Chicharito would have been playing his position and still end with a descent goals tally.
well, i dnt nid to argue with u; everyone knws u hate RVP soo much ever since he became our main man @ d expense of ur rooney who has now been relegated to play for d reserves
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
n0m0705:
And this is coming from a suppossed man united fan, SMH,which fergie time are you talking about? I challenge you to mention one of those fergie time we had last season, we all saw chelsea vs liverpool last season when liverpool equalised after the added time has completed, we also saw arsenal vs reading in the carling cup when arsenal scored after the added time has been exhausted.i guesss tou have nothing to say about those matches.
To say Man utd would have finished 5th without RVP says alot about how much you know United.
so because i'm a man utd fan, i shudnt say d truth abi As regarding d "fergie time" ish, i wnt join issues with u. He himself confirmed it in an interview at d end of d season. He even mentioned d swansea game, if my memory serves me right. Wlda uploaded d interview, bt my internet connection is bad. Go and read d interview. Fergie time has been in existence for ages, bro!! As for RVP, i didnt say we wld hav finished 5th for sure. Dts y i used d phrase "maybe". D importance of rvp last season for us, can never ever be over-emphasized!!! He scored many goals, and impotant goals too( unlike berbatov dt cld only score 5 away frm home, despite winning d golden boot). D game at d etihad, d one at anfield, d one at southampton... Hw many times did RVP rescue us frm d abyss last season?? In d lighter mood, some arsenal fans wld claim RVP's 22 league goals wld hav accounted for @least 22 league points for us, and if dos 22 points were added to arsenal's tally, dey wld hav finished above us!! grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
dayokanu: I thought there would be a major signing on the day of Rios testimonial

So Manure don turn yeye like this
You just move about from thread to thread like a roaring lion, looking for what to destroy!
Someone please remind who was described like this in the Holy Book cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
SailorXY:
You just move about from thread to thread like a roaring lion, looking for what to destroy!
Someone please remind who was described like this in the Holy Book cheesy
dt UCL triumph still dey sweet am. D honeymoon wld soon be over
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
dademola: well, i dnt nid to argue with u; everyone knws u hate RVP soo much ever since he became our main man @ d expense of ur rooney who has now been relegated to play for d reserves

I don't dislike any of our players, not to talk of hate.

You were too wrong in ur assumption we should have finished 5th. If you had said 2nd, may be.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
pls anybody with quality links to the match?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
Sevilla scores.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
Akpakoo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
Mehn 2-0

Well dominated by Sevilla.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
Is that Marko Marin or Messi?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
I can't define the kind of football we are playing.

School boys football.

We were lucky..... Should have been 3-0.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
Choi!! Hard times ahead!!Smh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hmm what is the performance of our midfield like?? Clev Ando, Januzaj & Kagawa?
Who dey watch the game live here?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
kagawa ooo!!! Wtf was dat

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.