Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,003 members, 7,866,799 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:31 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8883151 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3322) (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) (3327) (3328) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
“If he reverts to 4-3-3 there will be ramifications for other players, notably Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Wayne Rooney, who is currently playing as No.10.

“But should a manager have to change to fit in one player? If they cost £90m, then the answer is yes."

- Jamie Carragher
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
purplekayc:
i think there may be a dis coordination in the team
since like 3 played with old established players
Those guys just need to learn to keep the ball
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
Oasis007:
“I thought Fellaini was alright today; he does a job in there.  

“But I think that if you are Manchester United, you need more than that.

“You need someone who can stop the play as well, someone who can stop the opposition but who is capable of controlling a game of football as well, playing forward and passing forward. I can’t understand why Michael Carrick is here.

“He looked like he was leaving last year and he’s not been involved for a minute this season. What he has done, I don’t know. Schweinsteiger he is not keen on either.

“I just think that they need to get a playmaker in there. At the end of the day, you are Manchester United and you are coming to Watford. You’re not going to Arsenal!”

- Paul Scholes

The bastard probably never said anything about Rooney.
I really use too like scholes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
Why Wayne Rooney has to be dropped by Jose Mourinho.

Jose Mourinho has already shown he is not afraid to make ruthless decisions as Manchester United manager. After a poor 45 minutes against Manchester City both Jesse Lingard and Henrikh Mkhitaryan were hooked at half-time and Daley Blind was subsequently dropped for the Feyenoord match after some mistakes he made in the derby.

Yet, we find ourselves on a dreary Monday after our third consecutive defeat wondering why that same logic isn’t applied to a player who is holding Man United back – Wayne Rooney.

Before I start writing this piece I want to identify a distinction which has to be made. Fans can consider Rooney a club great for everything he’s done at United whilst at the same time saying he’s clearly past it at the top level. Sharing one of those opinions does not make you a hypocrite to hold the other, they can be held in unison. That’s something not many seem to understand.

The performance against Watford summed up everything which is wrong with Rooney. Playing in a free roaming central midfield role akin to David Silva at Man City, Rooney had the responsibility to dictate the game from the middle but the reality was far removed from that. Whether you look at his misplaced passes in the middle, the woeful crosses at critical moments, overhit corners or the positional indiscipline and lack of energy he showed in key situations, there isn’t a positive spin you can put on his performance.

I want nothing more than for Rooney to turn the screw and start banging in goals left, right and centre for United. I might not like him after the contract debacles in 2010 and 2013 but I’d support him if he was scoring. He’s not, he’s stopping players like Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Juan Mata from helping this team develop under Mourinho – he’s holding United back.

When Gary Neville sat in that toilet at The Hawthorns at half-time back in 2011, he knew his time was up as a United player and he accepted it. At what point will Rooney look at himself and admit the same thing or, maybe a more pertinent question, at what point will Mourinho look at Rooney and understand he’s not the same player he desperately wanted to sign as Chelsea manager? That Rooney no longer exists.

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2016/09/19/why-wayne-rooney-has-to-be-dropped-by-jose-mourinho-160782/

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
SIRcumalot:
Stats.
That fine pass to ibra that forced a brilliant save from the watford keeper join too.
Can you imagine? And people are on Fellainis neck whereas he is currently our best player. He has more accurate and forward passes than Pogba and Rooney so how is he limiting the team? If only we have two Fellaini in that team cry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
eph12:

Can you imagine? And people are on Fellainis neck whereas he is currently our best player. He has more accurate and forward passes than Pogba and Rooney so how is he limiting the team? If only we have two Fellaini in that team cry

Though Fellaini isn't the right Man for the position, but he's doing a great job as best as he can!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
Oasis007:
“If he reverts to 4-3-3 there will be ramifications for other players, notably Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Wayne Rooney, who is currently playing as No.10.

“But should a manager have to change to fit in one player? If they cost £90m, then the answer is yes."

- Jamie Carragher
I read quite abit about Micki since he joined.
His best season so far for Dortmund,he played wide.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
Oasis007:

Though Fellaini isn't the right Man for the position, but he's doing a great job as best as he can!
We can as well say Bailly or Pogba or Miki is not the right man for their positions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
eph12:

We can as well say Bailly or Pogba or Miki is not the right man for their positions.

So you are saying Fellaini is exactly what we need as holding Midfielder?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
SIRcumalot:
Stats.
That fine pass to ibra that forced a brilliant save from the watford keeper join too.

I'm surprised kagawa10 didn't say anything about these passes analysis. If it were Herrera that made those passes, he wouldn't have let us hear word. He would have been saying majority of his passes were sideways and backward passes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2016
SIRcumalot:

The bastard probably never said anything about Rooney.
I really use too like scholes.
Me sef dey wonder o. He has been using style to ignore Rooney's horrible play.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
afrodoc2:

Last time out when?
Last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
Oasis007:

That is ehn? I don't understand the way some of these guys view man uniteds standard of midfielders or how they feel jogo bonito should be played!

Fellaini? That Lacks concentration, gives away needless fouls, causes goals, all elbows and suspensions, even with the height when last did he score a header from a set piece or dominate our wall! All he does is pass backwards or sideways when under no pressure and all of a sudden he is class?
due to average performances?

1 bayern parades thiago, vidal or Alsonso?

2: barca parades rakitic and busquets?

3: city parades gundogan, fernandinho and silva?

4: real parades kroos and modric?

5: chelsea parades matic, kante or cesc?

Then we are here parading fellaini and pogba and we are expecting free flowing football? God forbid.......pogba has his faults too but at least he is attempting to stamp his authority in games and try things, unlike rooney and fellaini!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
Elxandre:

Last season.

I think you are mistaking me for someone else.
And I don't even see how it has anything to do with the discussion at hand.
Sometimes one has to draw line between Loyalty and Reality.... This team is not playing as a team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
Funlordjnr:

That is ehn? I don't understand the way some of these guys view man uniteds standard of midfielders or how they feel jogo bonito should be played!

Fellaini? That Lacks concentration, gives away needless fouls, causes goals, all elbows and suspensions, even with the height when last did he score a header from a set pieceor dominate our wall! All he does is pass backwards or sideways when under no pressure and all of a sudden he is class?

Then we are here parading fellaini and pogba and we are expecting free flowing football? God forbid.......pogba has his faults too but at least he is attempting to stamp his authority in games and try things, unlike rooney and fellaini!

grin

You've said it all!
We are expecting Players to get back the winning mentality, yet we Fans ain't able to differentiate between an average Player and a standard Player!

I'm ain't saying Fellaini isn't doing good, but we need a Player who can give us best Performance in the Midfield I will rather play Herrera ahead of him.

Fellaini Fans should ask themselves, why ain't we dominating the midfield battle? Why ordinary Watford and Hull City Midfielders are performing better than ours?! Where and how did we lose to Man City?!

We should stop expecting Paul Pogba to perform wonders and magic alone! He's surrounded by average Players in the Middle - Rooney and Fellaini precisely!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
afrodoc2:

That has been the pattern on this thread for a few years now.
You hear things like "We are facing just Stoke, Watford, Crystal Palace and Everton so we should get at least 10 points from these matches".
Then we go and lose 2 or 3 of these so called easy matches.
Same thing every season. Even offline some of my United friends were so confident before the City match I thought I must have been missing something.
Only the grace of Jehovah Jireh and the unreliability of Claudio Bravo can save the EPL from falling to City this season. City are playing fluid attacking and effective football and they have not really unleashed Gundogan (who I rate highly), Sane would improve and ...erm Gabriel Jesus is coming in January.
That confidence I always wonder where some of you guys get it from. The Mourinho fear factor is gone and nobody really send the man again. It is left for him to reinvent himself tactically and move away from this love for brute force and ishan in the midfield. That midfield is badly in need of a controller. At the moment I cannot see any discernible pattern. Just individual brilliance and wuruwuru to the answer that's why you guys have only scored 3 goals in the last 6 hours of football.

I was laughing at those that claimed Pep would struggle in England. He might have his flaws and City would drop points eventually but Pep was tailor made for league comps especially when he has been given this Mercedes engine that is this City squad. He is a flat track bully too so expect the smaller teams to get pummelled. I had even forgotten they signed Gundogan till I saw him on the pitch vs Bournemouth. I still think their defense is weak but they dominate you so badly you have no time to exploit its weakness
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
Oasis007:

I am saying yes sir. Ask others to perform and we won't be having this discussion. We have someone that does what the manager asks him is that not an asset?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

You've said it all!
We are expecting Players to get back the winning mentality, yet we Fans ain't able to differentiate between an average Player and a standard Player!

I'm ain't saying Fellaini isn't doing good, but we need a Player who can give us best Performance in the Midfield I will rather play Herrera ahead of him.

Fellaini Fans should ask themselves, why ain't we dominating the midfield battle? Why ordinary Watford and Hull City Midfielders are performing better than ours?! Where and how did we lose to Man City?!

We should stop expecting Paul Pogba to perform wonders and magic alone! He's surrounded by average Players in the Middle - Rooney and Fellaini precisely!
So someone that has more passes, tackles, interceptions than Pogba is still rated below Pogba? The argument is between our 3 starting midfielders. If you're saying they all have to go fine but don't single out someone that has been giving his all whereas the others are being useless as usual. I am basing my views on what each of them has played this season and not last or whatever. Well I hope he is dropped so your world class Pogba can finally dominate the midfields
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
eph12:

Those guys just need to learn to keep the ball
the team has us not yet in cohesion
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
Funlordjnr:

Fellaini? That Lacks concentration, gives away needless fouls, causes goals, all elbows and suspensions, even with the height when last did he score a header from a set piece or dominate our wall! All he does is pass backwards or sideways when under no pressure and all of a sudden he is class?

Na by name? Was Fernadinho and Silva playing free flowing football last season? Is that not what the coach brought in? A midfield of Modric Kroos and co that have been trained to move into space and channels and is that not the work and tactics of the coach? Mourinho has no tactics and you're calling out the one player that has been doing his job in the midfield
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
eph12:

I am saying yes sir. Ask others to perform and we won't be having this discussion. We have someone that does what the manager asks him is that not an asset?

undecided

He's indeed as asset, cos he's playing superbly for the Team. No wonder there ain't loopholes in the midfield for the opposing Team to utilize!

In fact Marouane Fellaini is a Legend, and he deserves a Status besides Sir Alex Ferguson's for his meticulous services to the Team. Having a Stand ain't bad either!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
eph12:

So someone that has more passes, tackles, interceptions than Pogba is still rated below Pogba? The argument is between our 3 starting midfielders. If you're saying they all have to go fine but don't single out someone that has been giving his all whereas the others are being useless as usual. I am basing my views on what each of them has played this season and not last or whatever. Well I hope he is dropped so your world class Pogba can finally dominate the midfields

undecided

An unfit Schweinsteiger is far better than a fit Fellaini as far as Midfield Roles are concerned!

Fellaini is not the type of Players we need for the holding Role in the Team! How I wish we have Kante in there, we would have been enjoying the wonderful movements and magic touches of Paul Pogba!

Jose Mourinho should eat humble Pie and recall Schweinsteiger back to the Team. I trust him to do his best if he gets the opportunity!

Fellaini is too slow, also he's too poor at tracking back, neither can he tackle without committing a Foul with his wicked Elbow!

He's playing to instructions? Maybe! But Jose Mourinho only singled out Ashley Young for that praise! Guess he forget to acknowledge Fellaini's discipline?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
Mike Dean to officiate our match against Leicester City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
Funlordjnr:

has he or has he not done a good job?
If any other player gives the kind of service he has provide so far we go they chant him name.
If we're running a meritocracy then Fellaini name should be the first on the sheet.
Going after the player that his actually doing his job well ,when we've under issue is not right.
Nobody is speaking in favour of Rooney because na everybody see that one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
eph12:

Na by name? WAS FERNANDINHO AND SILVA PLAYING FREE FLOWING FOOTBALL LAST SEASON? Is that not what the coach brought in? A midfield of Modric Kroos and co that have been trained to move into space and channels and is that not the work and tactics of the coach? MOURINHO HAS NO TACTICS and you're calling out the ONE player that has been doing his job in the midfield

THE ANSWER TO YOUR 1ST BOLDED QUESTION IS YES OF COURSE! I would suggest you go and watch match clips of man citys first 7 games last season or even review their game statistics before you attempt to ask this question again!

Other managers through the years had contributed a lot into building man citys attacking foundations and squads before pep, kudos to him though for improving on what he met there and also added to it!

As for your 2nd bolded question it does noe even deserve an answer! By the way I have called out more than one player this season, rooney, pogba, fellaini and even blind makes four! Do the math............
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
Fans across the World are tired of seeing Rooney’s Name in the starting Lineup!

I think it's time for Jose Mourinho to do the needful, and I trust Elampiro to respect the decision.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
some people sha, how can fellaini not be a united quality yet pogba is, what made you guys think pogba is united quality? has he outperformed fellaini in the midfield role or what? na so dem de hala Schneiderlin dat time, now the same fellaini de bench am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
It surpringly hard to get rid of a player reputation once it is established.
The fact that funlordjr suggest matic that the Chelsea fans can't wait to get rid shows that.
You're not judging Fellaini clearly.
Let's wait until he Bleep up then we Lynch the guy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
Oasis007:

undecided

He's indeed as asset, cos he's playing superbly for the Team. No wonder there ain't loopholes in the midfield for the opposing Team to utilize!

In fact Marouane Fellaini is a Legend, and he deserves a Status besides Sir Alex Ferguson's for his meticulous services to the Team. Having a Stand ain't bad either!

You can't dispute the fact that Felliani has been doing the job of 2 men in the midfield though.
Look at Caseimiro for example, he does his defensive job while the likes of Kroos and Modric are expected to dictate the play in the midfield. It can't be his fault if Kroos or Modric fall below expectation in their job.

No one is saying Fellaini is a worldclass player but he's been solid this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
Diademk07:

You can't dispute the fact that Felliani has been doing the job of 2 men in the midfield though.
Look at Caseimiro for example, he does his defensive job while the likes of Kroos and Modric are expected to dictate the play in the midfield. It can't be his fault if Kroos or Modric fall below expectation in their job.

No one is saying Fellaini is a worldclass player but he's been solid this season.

Check my earlier comment on him..... I acknowledged his services for the Team! But my point is; he's not the type we need for that Role!

Diademk07! You definitely know Fellaini isn't what need?! LOL!
Who will you pick between Kante and Fellaini for that Role?! Be sincere oh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
SIRcumalot:
It surpringly hard to get rid of a player reputation once it is established.
The fact that funlordjr suggest matic that the Chelsea fans can't wait to get rid shows that.
You're not judging Fellaini clearly.
Let's wait until he Bleep up then we Lynch the guy.

So the goal fellaini cost us on sunday, as well as the goal he assisted leceister to score against us during the community shield, or his current card count no qualify as "_fuck ups" to you?

You too much! By the way matic offers a lot more than fellaini in midfield..no comparison!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
funlordjnr

You are barking up the wrong tree. Fellaini is not your ideal midfielder but the truth is that he has been your best midfielder better than Rooney or Pogba. If output is the criteria you cant want Fellaini to be dropped when Rooney and Pogba are still there doing fuckall

And all those midfield you wrote

It still depends on the coach to get something out of them, How was the Madrid midfield doing under Benitez vs Now? Zidane dropped Hames to accomodate an unflashy Casemiro and that changed things. Was it not the same Fernandinho Silva and KDB midifield under Pellegrini thats playing different now

Maybe Mourinho needs to drop Pogba or Rooney or even both or probably Mourinho himself has lost it

(1) (2) (3) ... (3322) (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) (3327) (3328) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.