Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8751611 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) (3330) (3331) (3332) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
elampiro:

May be they were also tolerating Scholes when he was moved from number 10 to the midfield, then to the wing.
Number 10 supposed to be in the midfield, strike or defence position? Scholes in the wings? Please who and who played in the middle when he was pushed to the wings?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
eph12:

Number 10 supposed to be in the midfield, strike or defence position? Scholes in the wings? Please who and who played in the middle when he was pushed to the wings?
lampard and Gerrard and i think keane and veron
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Brilliantlights(m): 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
Rooney is a shadow of his former shadow. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
weedtaker:
Scholes was never really appreciated in the national team. That part was obvious so we can say Scholes was tolerated as he had make way for the anointed ones Gerrard and Lampard. This made him retire even when he was on top of his game.
For united that he played on the left side of the midfield does not mean he played as a winger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
weedtaker:
If you look at Rooney he has been moved round strike, attacking midfield, centre midfield, holding midfield and yet nobody has been able to say this is where he is better. Does that not say something?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
eph12:

If you look at Rooney he has been moved round strike, attacking midfield, centre midfield, holding midfield and yet nobody has been able to say this is where he is better. Does that not say something?
Rooney has been a problem since fergies last season, m surprised people are getting to see how much a problem he is to us dis late

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
Scummies, Xhaka has scored the same goal again oh!!!

E dey pain me that we did not buy him for £89m. grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Double post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
Pataki:

You dey craze! All in all you will still win nothing this season. Mark register for UCL and celebrate mediocrity.

The day Wenger spends 89m pounds he will be constipated for life.

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2016

A saw stats that got me scared yesterday. Mourinho has lost 11 of his last 21 EPL matches.

Skysports

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
If mumu Chelsea can win from two goals down at the King Power Stadium, then we should be able to beat Leicester at OT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
atebesunny:
I strongly believe one of the problems of MAN UTD is the issue of waiting/standing-still to receive a pass instead of running into space or creating it to receive the pass. this tends to make their play slow and easy to negate (no fluidity ).
example of this is the match against city where everyone (including myself )concluded that Mikki flopped, he's used to players who pass and run into space (Dortmund and FC Shakhtar play fluid football ). another case is when Mata came on against Watford and lost possessions cos he was passing into space for his teammates, and I 'think' this might be affecting Pogba cos he's also used to fluid midfield play
You definitely know your football... Brilliant post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 11:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
Why are people on Pogbas neck cheesy

He broke the shirt sales record at old Trafford, if he turns out average atleast we got a cash cow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:02am On Sep 21, 2016
SlaughterGang:
Why are people on Pogbas neck cheesy

He broke the shirt sales record at old Trafford, if he turns out average atleast we got a cash cow
Even with a new moniker, you can't stop yelling Pogba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DrinkWater10: 12:43am On Sep 21, 2016
Diademk07:

You're right but I think youth players that knows the basic will perform well in the Epl considering the fact that most of the Epl players are headless chicken. That's why I always single out the likes of Harrop, Poole and Riley because these players has the brain to go with their techniques unlike Januzaj and Perreira

I was never fond of Januzaj nor Perreira in spite of their techniques and individual brilliance. Another example is Willock who's a fantastic talent but I don't think he's ready yet because he still needs to work on his decision making.

Just take a look at Verratti, he became the best midfielder at the age of 18 in his first appearance in the serie B league and he continued to look class apart for Psg at the age of 19. Some youth players are just too intelligent for their age, you just have to give them the platform to let them fly.
This fellow has just gone nuts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by todaynewsreview: 1:10am On Sep 21, 2016
Northampton Town Fc Vs Manchester United - HD Live Streaming Video Link>>> http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1496/northampton-town-fc-vs-manchester-united-hd-live-streaming-v
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by todaynewsreview: 1:11am On Sep 21, 2016
Northampton Town Fc Vs Manchester United - HD Live Streaming Video Link>>> http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1496/northampton-town-fc-vs-manchester-united-hd-live-streaming-v
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 6:14am On Sep 21, 2016
UniqueGem:
Even with a new moniker, you can't stop yelling Pogba.

Give me 69 good reasons to stop...

Next summer we will kick him and his coach out of old Trafford.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by erusen: 7:20am On Sep 21, 2016
Lana1:
If mumu Chelsea can win from two goals down at the King Power Stadium, then we should be able to beat Leicester at OT
"mumu" Chelsea?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 21, 2016
Pataki:

Omo that goal should be patented.

Xhaka shi.ts on Pogba.
Chelseafan1 my boy Xhaka did it again. I told you his doesn't hit the bar but the target cos it's laser guided and it's 60M cheaper.
What more can u ask for? grin grin
Scummies bring 300M for Xhaka, or forever wail and gnash your teeth
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iPopAlomo(m): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided

Message to the Gunners!

And buy £89 million dabbing player...? Oga... we spend money prudently... at our club... you've spent £500 million in two and a half years and you have UEFA league only to show for it...

thanks but no thanks... we don't have the balls to waste money...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:02am On Sep 21, 2016
Even against league 1 team. Win no sure sef. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2016
SlaughterGang:

Give me 69 good reasons to stop...

Next summer we will kick him and his coach out of old Trafford.
Okay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2016
! Manu better win tonight cos we are tired of hosting party on this thread angry, at least make we try host church service so that bad belle no go visit grin-

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by landinfo: 9:04am On Sep 21, 2016
@markgoldbridge

The United player leaking negativity about Jose says he's worse
than Sir Alex. How many in the current squad played under Sir Alex.... #MUFC

cool cool cool cool

@UnitedStandMUFC

Whoever is leaking info about Jose & planning a revolt should think very carefully. YOU have no sympathy or
support from the fans! #MUFC

Is UTD repeating the Shekpe mistakes Time go talk!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2016
If we loose against Northampton or Leicester City.... we may have to beg giggs to come in and take over. He's the last connection to Fergie we have
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:13am On Sep 21, 2016
I will still go with the defence pair of Bailly and Smalling over Bailly+Blind.

Watford were the first team who played their striker/forwards on the shoulders of our defender while pumping long balls to them to control with their heavily built body or chase towards our goalkeeper. Bailly and Smalling did very well except when DDG collided with Smalling. Blind would have been exposed easily just as West Ham did to us last season when we wouldn't play at all as we struggled to deal with their long balls.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:18am On Sep 21, 2016
joeace2020:
If we loose against Northampton or Leicester City.... we may have to beg giggs to come in and take over. He's the last connection to Fergie we have
What has connection to Fergie got to do with anything? Was Neville not with Fergie for about 20 years? What did he do at Valencia?

Fergie was about speed on the wings but we don't have those kind of players. The simple solution that even a Mourinho can do is to train those guys to pass the ball around purposefully and not lose the ball the next second we get it.

Also our 1st half since the league started has been a waste. We spend the the first 45 minutes doing nothing and it's affecting our game. Look at city. One thing I admire about them is them concluding the match in the 1st half. By the end of first half they're already 2 goals up or so. This makes the second half easy and fringe players can be tested or given time to build fitness.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by landinfo: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2016
For laffs.....

@omomani
Pep Guardiola wants an apology from the Yaya Toure camp but will it be thrown back in his face?! #MCFC

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 11:29am On Sep 21, 2016
Pataki:

Waste of Money that Xhaka, he won't get you to top 4, atleast you should have bought a popular player that will boost your shirt sales and make your miserable club richer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2016
Next thing, this Nigga blaming the groundsmen...You have had 5 weeks+ to whip your team into shape

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:58am On Sep 21, 2016
erusen:
"mumu" Chelsea?
Yes na. Chelsea is just as bad as we are at the momrnt. And their defence is worse. Hence the "mumu" lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) (3330) (3331) (3332) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ForValour and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.