Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,953 members, 7,866,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:49 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8882277 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3757) (3758) (3759) (3760) (3761) (3762) (3763) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
Baily has almost everything that Smallling has, pace (maybe a little less), height, strength and is more athletic and aggressive and more importantly, doesn't play like he's scared of his shadow when on the ball.

The preference is still jones Rojo centrally, but if Rojo is to be moved to LB, Baily and has to be the one to step in
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2017
PietroRico:
Baily has almost everything that Smallling has, pace (maybe a little less), height, strength and is more athletic and aggressive and more importantly, doesn't play like he's scared of his shadow when on the ball.

The preference is still jones Rojo centrally, but if Rojo is to be moved to LB, Baily and has to be the one to step in

Smalling still has one thing more than any of the rest. He can score. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordmania: 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2017
PietroRico:

No mind elamps! E be like say bet naija do am strong ting yesterday!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
PietroRico:

Bailly has more pace than Smalling. What Smalling has as an advantage is his height which he has started using in a more effective manner. However in terms of pace, passing and quality on the ball Bailly is his master. Smalling is our worst defender in terms of passing and quality on the ball, i remember when i said this some were protesting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
If I will rate the defenders who featured in center defense based on last season
Chris Smalling
Daley Blind
Timothy Fosu-Mensah
Michael Carrick
Marcos Rojo
Phil Jones *hard to Include him*

Based on this season
Marcos Rojo
Eric Bailly
Phil Jones
Chris Smalling
Daley Blind
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bi0nics: 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

U are above 23

Who are my age mates here abeg....i have to be older than someone in this section

You're older than me . That's for sure
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrcapability7: 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2017
ChristineC:
If I will rate the defenders who featured in center defense based on last season
Chris Smalling
Daley Blind
Timothy Fosu-Mensah
Michael Carrick
Marcos Rojo
Phil Jones *hard to Include him*

Based on this season
Marcos Rojo
Eric Bailly
Phil Jones
Chris Smalling
Daley Blind
please ooo do you ever watch women futbal at all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2017
Mrcapability7:
why?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CONTEDDICTED: 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
bi0nics:

You're older than me . That's for sure
Let's find out

Did you see Makelele play for Chelsea?
Did you see the 2002 world cup?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrcapability7: 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
ChristineC:
why?
just wondering
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bi0nics: 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

Let's find out

Did you see Makelele play for Chelsea?
Did you see the 2002 world cup?

Nah.. I started watching football when Chelsea won the BPL (2009/2010)

Though used to watch Football Highlights before that period. .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2017
Mrcapability7:
just wondering
yes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Evildoer: 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
If no be mod na spambot... which kind wahala be this?

angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordmania: 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
Mrcapability7:

That's a sexist comment bro! Christine has paid her dues here and has proven herself to be a seasoned online pundit as well as a confirmed "unitedrista"....focus on the love and knowledge she has for the game rather than on the F next to her name!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Evildoer: 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
Bigkesh as e be so, learn to put some respeck on ma name!

I senior you with 6 months!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Evildoer: 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2017
Funlordmania:

That's a sexist comment bro! Christine has paid her dues here and has proven herself to be a seasoned online pundit as well as a confirmed "unitedrista"....focus on the love and knowledge she has for the game rather than on the F next to her name!

Aboki na, sanu? ,ke ije? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
Tonight's match is a must win. Hope the boys turn up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
elampiro:

Smalling still has one thing more than any of the rest. He can score. cool
lol, because of 1 goal against Wigan grin

Funlordmania:

No mind elamps! E be like say bet naija do am strong ting yesterday!
lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CONTEDDICTED: 7:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
bi0nics:

Nah.. I started watching football when Chelsea won the BPL (2009/2010)

Though used to watch Football Highlights before that period. .
Return Mummy's phone kiddo cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
afrodoc2:

Bailly has more pace than Smalling. What Smalling has as an advantage is his height which he has started using in a more effective manner. However in terms of pace, passing and quality on the ball Bailly is his master. Smalling is our worst defender in terms of passing and quality on the ball, i remember when i said this some were protesting.
if I remember correctly, the argument wasn't that he wasn't the worst person in terms of passing and quality on the ball, it was that there were visible improvements in these areas under van Gaal, compared to the previous season.
He seems to have regressed a bit but not to the level he was pre van Gaal. In terms of on ball confidence that is.

You are sure bailly has more pace than Smalling? Smalling Is sha quick, and I've not noticed bailly to be faster yet but I'll be more observant henceforth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
Evildoer:
If no be mod na spambot... which kind wahala be this?

angry angry
customer dada ni

cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bi0nics: 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2017
CONTEDDICTED:

Return Mummy's phone kiddo cheesy

I'm obviously not a kid. . angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
Lol, my earliest football memories are from 2002 world cup. Very faint though. I remember being in primary school, primary 3 and some matches being played in the morning, Nigerian time.

How our form teacher used to use radio to listen aloud to live commentary in front of class.

I have faint memories of Nigeria's stalemate with England (the last group match or so) and how enyeama was forming superman.

I also remember aghahowa's goal and his famous back dive celebration.

Amongst other things.. The final, one Turkish player that had one very interesting Mohawk, diouf and camara (I think) terrorizing France etc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Evildoer: 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2017
adebayo201:
customer dada ni

cheesy
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
Pep really rate this jesus fella to put aguero for bench.
ihenacho no even dey see bench again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
Lineup

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Evildoer: 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2017
SIRcumalot:
Pep really rate this jesus fella to put aguero for bench.
ihenacho no even dey see bench again.

Pep say Sane, Gabriel and Raheem na him young players for the future.... We need to fast for Kelechi o grin

Na so e dey start

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Oasis007:
Lineup

*Screams like a glorified alien*

Marcos Rojo! Marcos Rojo!! Marcos Rojooooo!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
Martial Benched again....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ww have very good four cetral defenders, if we add Blind we could say we have five. We can rank them and say let's play the best two. but it doesn't always work that way. There have to be partnership that will work. If we conclude that Jones and Bailly are our best, we have to also check their compatibility. Although I honestly beleibe Jones and Rojo are our best two (first and second) at the moment. They also have a better reading of the game.

for the partnership:
Jones and Rojo... working very well. best pairing so far.
Jones and Smalling.. working well
Bailly and Blind... worked very well at some point.
Bailly and Smalling... Average
Bially and Jones... did not work in the pre-season but Jones was not fit.
Bailly and Rojo.... will work
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
Evildoer:

Pep say Sane, Gabriel and Raheem na him young players for the future.... We need to fast for Kelechi o grin

Na so e dey start
we no go gree for am.
After all the goals kelechi don score?
God dey watch am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
Lana1:
Martial Benched again....

Guess who is starting at a Stadium in Stoke? wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (3757) (3758) (3759) (3760) (3761) (3762) (3763) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.