Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3970) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8732858 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3967) (3968) (3969) (3970) (3971) (3972) (3973) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stylochime: 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
eph12:

I can't remember De Gea making any save sef. I doubt they had any shot on target.
dey had zero shots... d last tym it happend was in 2007
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
grin

No Shot was registered on Target for the whole 90mins + 4 by Chelsea!

Nice one from JM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
I saw that lineup and i wasn't even fazed....except maybe for Fellaini. Was more than happy seeing Zlatan on d bench coz am sure he would ve fluffed that Herrera pass.

Anyways, Mourinho try today. Tweaked his team(against a top team) and got the desired result. I wont even mind his BS as long as he keeps getting us results.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
elampiro:
grin grin grin
Lol. De Gae just dey flex himself for post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
And for the peeps doubting Rashidi and Lingard una no see game ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by teeezy00: 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2017
Chelsea failed to register a shot on target in a #PL game for the first time since September 2007. ... against Man United at Old Trafford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
Same here
Good win for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
eph12:
Ode
. . ur head?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ehioziosa: 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
Much to celebrate for Manchester United as they beat leaders Chelsea 2-0 and move up to 5th in the table
click the link below
http://winpalz.com/2017/04/16/much-to-celebrate-for-manchester-united-as-they-beat-leaders-chelsea-2-0-and-move-up-to-5th-in-the-table/

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
afrodoc2:
And for the peeps doubting Rashidi and Lingard una no see game ?
Lol. They cant see it! grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
macjireh:
ur head?

undecided

Guess United is still 6th on the Table?!

Oya!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by juicydiceyjoe(m): 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
SIRcumalot:

If I dey spot anybody mistake I go dey call am out.
he dey do some nice defensive work but he poor die today.
make he just score.
Seun, can you please make it possible for me to block a user so when I'm reading a thread, I would not see any post by that user.
Pls.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
i was fully prepared for a draw in this game grin
tbh,am not seeing this great tactical move you guys are going on about aside the hazard man marking which we also employed against shekpe fc in the FA cup it just backfired.
their is a trade off when you play with a pacy forward or a zlatan type guy that na wetin we see today.

no matter where we finish for table,this win suppose don buy jose some goodwill with him haters.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
eph12:

When is the second half starting?
Tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nice to shut up those Shekpe nuisance that have littering here with their refuse dump-like tirades.

How I felt all through the match as Herrera was turning Hazard to a ghost. grin

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2017
The lads really impressed me today!!!
Thumps up to Mou!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
macjireh:
I pray what happened to Everton happens again today...they played a 541 and enjoyed 5goals....united play 442 and can enjoy 4goals

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
Chelseafan1:
Ojoro goal, fuccck you ref o, after Herrera take hand carry ball.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
Leyqute:

You can't blame fans for the acerbic comments after the starting lineup was released. We judge based on the recent performance of players. Fellaini could've done more in our previous match and we all know Darmians confidence is shot. So excuse me if I'm surprised Mourinho started him for such a crucial game.

Mou gambled, and it paid off, simple.

That's by the way though. Let me finish. I dey do press up for the upcoming parrrrry at Chelsea thread

It was all negatives that was seen. Nobody saw positives of rashford and lingard outpacing louis and cahill. They really troubled those chelsea defenders.

I get your point sha, fellaini played well and am one of those that still don't think he is a united kinda player. He was fantastic today.

Young, damian, fellaini and even lingard in the lineup can give one heart attack, but i had a feeling rashford and lingard will cause problems.

there were 2 things i enjoyed in our game, we ran for 90mins and we harrassed them, never allowing them to settle on the ball and this was done from the attack.

I just hope we have helped to capitulate this chelsea team. Hopefully they dont recover, palace started it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 6:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=sinizia post=55624923][/quote]
Talk true, dt ball na hand ball from Herrera, and ref see am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
codedguy1:

It was all negatives that was seen. Nobody saw positives of rashford and lingard outpacing louis and cahill. They really troubled those chelsea defenders.

I get your point sha, fellaini played well and am one of those that still don't think he is a united kinda player. He was fantastic today.

Young, damian, fellaini and even lingard in the lineup can give one heart attack, but i had a feeling rashford and lingard will cause problems.

there were 2 things i enjoyed in our game, we ran for 90mins and we harrassed them, never allowing them to settle on the ball and this was done from the attack.

I just hope we have helped to capitulate this chelsea team. Hopefully they dont recover, palace started it.

I think their pride was at stake, they just had to turn up, Herrara made it too obvious that he was instructed to man-mark Hazard all day and he did it perfectly.

Costa, Matic, Luiz and even our keeper too didn't help matters.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
codedguy1:

Yeah, I was really happy to see those 2 youngsters have a go at Chelsea. Rashford, who used to get bounced off the ball easily, was bullying Luiz! and Azpili and Cahill as well. More of this, yes.

But remember, Mou tried the same thing against City with Mkhi and the rest. It didn't work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
chrisley024:
MOTM for me Herrera cool followed by Rashford and Bailly

On a serious note, Pogba is useless or to be kind average.

Good win. Untoda next cool

Pogba killed an obvious counter when he should have put Rashford through.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pogboom keeps disappointing weedtaker grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:04pm On Apr 16, 2017
Kudos to Herera for the MOTM performance. Still don't understand all the praises Fellaini is getting today o. He was poor on the ball. He couldn't bring a ball under control under slight pressure though his attitude and determination worked for him. As for Pogba I believe he needs time off. The end of this season can't come too soon for him.

Jose got his tactics spot on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
Lana1:
Pogboom keeps disappointing weedtaker grin grin
grin asin eh, my guy no wan deliver masterclass for me, sha Europa de for main man to deliver.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
Herrera for president cool shits on that short devil.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
Committed Rojo

Confident Bailly

Ruthless Herrera

Speeding Rashford, Herrera, Young and Valencia

Ball-magneting Fellaini

The decision by Mourinho to play speeding front players paid off. Chelsea defence couldn't cope with the pace of Rashford, Lingard and Young. Valencia also added occasional speed to our attack. It was only after we made our first substitution that Chelsea began to attack us confidently.

It was a typical Mourinho tactics to defend late so as to protect the lead. But it usually invite pressure, and for the first time, Manchester United coped very well.

This performance clearly reveals we need quick legs to run our attack next season.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
elampiro:

Pogba killed an obvious counter when he should have put Rashford through.
My only hope is he gets better since he's young or taken by Madrid.
I keep asking the same question: why are simple things an average MF can do hard for him?. Give pass, move and receive but no. Either he's delaying our play by trying to shield and losing possession or he's giving away ball.

He's not my type of MF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pogba with a world class psychological assist telling Ander Herrera where to celebrate.

Main man didn't disappoint after all grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
Chelseafan1:

I think their pride was at stake, they just had to turn up, Herrara made it too obvious that he was instructed to man-mark Hazard all day and he did it perfectly.

Costa, Matic, Luiz and even our keeper too didn't help matters.

Which pride? Are you saying chelsea didnt really want to win this game to keep Tottenham at bay?

herrera is not supposed to hide when marking hazard na . And when it became obvious he was asked to man mark hazard, why hazard no turn hazardous? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
and finally, the Kante's hype died! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3967) (3968) (3969) (3970) (3971) (3972) (3973) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Uniquisite, patrickmuf(m), Bellamy01, afrodoc2, Ellexy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.