Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,026 members, 7,852,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:37 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4019) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8843729 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4016) (4017) (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) (4022) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:22pm On May 01, 2017
eph12:

Maybe you should check the statistics again bro

Possession: 40-60
That's at Old Trafford and it's not bossing? How do you get this possession playing from flanks?

would you say we bossed yesterday's game?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:31pm On May 01, 2017
dopeJemi:

would you say we bossed yesterday's game?
Didn't watch the game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 12:37pm On May 01, 2017
elrony:

I was so annoyed yesterday ehn... De Gea dey think sef?... No way Sigurdsson will drop that set piece in another direction when he's not a left footer..

Even after Herrera made that move De Gea suppose use him common sense know wetin go sup...
Herrera made that move because he saw a hole in the wall.
It's hard to blame Gea for that goal. It's usually difficult for keepers to read free kicks directed over or beside the wall, when it is close to the keeper.
And it's possible for him to have kicked it to the other side also.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:39pm On May 01, 2017
eph12:

Didn't watch the game

okay, we had more possession but we didn't boss the game

wanyama and dembele were nowhere to be found on that day, pogba dominated the midfield, I think that was one of his best performance in a united shirt

they could only attack through the flanks cutting into the 18yard box, they had little or no supply from the middle
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:50pm On May 01, 2017
elrony:

I was so annoyed yesterday ehn... De Gea dey think sef?... No way Sigurdsson will drop that set piece in another direction when he's not a left footer..

Even after Herrera made that move De Gea suppose use him common sense know wetin go sup...

There are aspects of his game he has refused to improve.

He never imagined that ball would go to that angle. Herrera was sure it was going there 99.99% but DDG whoosaaa

I thought DDG was covering the other angle for formality
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:52pm On May 01, 2017
dopeJemi:

okay, we had more possession but we didn't boss the game

wanyama and dembele were nowhere to be found on that day, pogba dominated the midfield, I think that was one of his best performance in a united shirt

they could only attack through the flanks cutting into the 18yard box, they had little or no supply from the middle

Ok
Hope it happens again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 1:00pm On May 01, 2017
ChristineC:
he has been taking the most attacking positions in midfield for months whenever Henrikh Mkhitaryan is not playing.

Mkitaryan has operated majorly as a winger - his presence in the side hasn't really had anything to do with Pogba or vice-versa...

My question remains thus : Bearing in mind his indifferent form as a #10 / his indirect "complaints" as regards playing in a pivot (which has been evidenced by his positional indiscipline & laziness), what is Pogba's best position in the interest of the team?

ChristineC:

It is convenient to denigrate Paul Pogba's role but the lad has missed the last two games. You can check the sharp drop in number of chances created. The game against Manchester City had no passing channels for any meaningful counter attacks. If he played and there were a couple of chances on the counter (and they were fluffed by strikers of course), it will be waved off with a swing of the hand.

Considering the fact that Adabowale has failed to turn up in virtually all away matches (and even some at OT) vs top sides, I don't exactly share your sentiments...

One could also have said that : Assuming he played, he woulda attempted to "over-do" & showboat in Midfield (in typical fashion) - killing whatsoever chances we might have had to counter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:16pm On May 01, 2017
eph12:

Maybe you should check the statistics again bro

Possession: 40-60
That's at Old Trafford and it's not bossing? How do you get this possession playing from flanks?

sir, forget possession... he dispossessed Harry Kane at the midfield right to make a pass to Herrare who in turn made an eagle's eye pass to Mhki to make an exquisite goal

You should know Tothenham are strong and fast but that day, we stop their attack using the mildfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:05pm On May 01, 2017
joeace2020:
Today i saw the worst mourinho conspiracy somewhere

I thought i had seen it all
It might be conspiracy but u sef think am.

Mourinho has been blaming fatigue snd fixture congestion since December. But he wont rest his key players in some matches.
Pogba had no business playing 90 in dat Burnley game. But, he played 210 mins in 3 days b4 getting injured. If he wasn't injured, he would ve played full mins vs City, Swansea and against Celta. Na machine?? Same goes for Zlatan and some of the other key men in d team who ve gotten injured.

And as for the money part, the board ve already promised to drop up to 500mill for Summer signings.

So u see say that guy's conspiracy isn't really far from the truth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:20pm On May 01, 2017
eph12:

Ok
Hope it happens again

TBH, I don't see us bossing the middle against the remaining top sides we are yet to play, especially against Tottenham, they will press down, shake together and run over our midfield

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 4:23pm On May 01, 2017
dopeJemi:

TBH, I don't see us bossing the middle against the remaining top sides we are yet to play, especially against Tottenham, they will press down, shake together and run over our midfield

shocked cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MutantMetahuman: 4:47pm On May 01, 2017
Chelsea’s Gary Cahill has scored more Premier League goals this season than Marcus Rashford, Wayne Rooney, Kevin De Bruyne, Riyad Mahrez, Leroy Sane, Anthony Martial and Paul Pogba

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 4:51pm On May 01, 2017
eph12:

Didn't watch the game
U no watch d match yet u done talk pass journalist wey watch am live for OT...smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 4:54pm On May 01, 2017
Lana1:
It might be conspiracy but u sef think am.

Mourinho has been blaming fatigue snd fixture congestion since December. But he wont rest his key players in some matches.
Pogba had no business playing 90 in dat Burnley game. But, he played 210 mins in 3 days b4 getting injured. If he wasn't injured, he would ve played full mins vs City, Swansea and against Celta. Na machine?? Same goes for Zlatan and some of the other key men in d team who ve gotten injured.

And as for the money part, the board ve already promised to drop up to 500mill for Summer signings.

So u see say that guy's conspiracy isn't really far from the truth.

Hmmm there's a truth hidden somewhere in every conspiracy theory
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:37pm On May 01, 2017
'I prefer not to speak about Phil Jones and Chris Smalling.
'I prefer to speak about Juan Mata giving everything to be available. I am grateful for that.'
I smell the end for this duo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:59pm On May 01, 2017
chidexxy007:

U no watch d match yet u done talk pass journalist wey watch am live for OT...smh
I know I shouldn't reply you but since we're here...

When we manage to get a scrappy win with a match full of flaws and epileptic displays, I lament because they will present the same display again and this time we won't be that lucky. By then na people like you go begin wail up and down, you will hardly see me complain. In summary I complain because we were just so lucky and next match our bad display may come back to haunt us. I have always been right most times anything you like talk. Na still all of you go still come dey lament here dey after match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 6:06pm On May 01, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
Chelsea’s Gary Cahill has scored more Premier League goals this season
than Marcus Rashford,
Wayne Rooney, Kevin De
Bruyne, Riyad Mahrez,
Leroy Sane, Anthony
Martial and Paul Pogba
For reals? grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 6:06pm On May 01, 2017
eph12:

I know I shouldn't reply you but since we're here...

When we manage to get a scrappy win with a match full of flaws and epileptic displays, I lament because they will present the same display again and this time we won't be that lucky. By then na people like you go begin wail up and down, you will hardly see me complain. In summary I complain because we were just so lucky and next match our bad display may come back to haunt us. I have always been right most times anything you like talk. Na still all of you go still come dey lament here dey after match.
Me lament wen I don zero my mind for win or draw since like 4months nw?... show me post wey I lament.
Brother, if I no watch match I no get any business talking abt am.
am just here watching how JM go take solve our problem ahead of next season cos to me this season don end. If we make top 4 good, if we don't we move ahead.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2017
dopeJemi:

Pogba Carrick and Herrera will be on the field. I believe those are our best midfielders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:17pm On May 01, 2017
eph12:

Pogba Carrick and Herrera will be on the field. I believe those are our best midfielders.

Them being on the field is no guarantee oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:23pm On May 01, 2017
chidexxy007:

Me lament wen I don zero my mind for win or draw since like 4months nw?... show me post wey I lament.
Brother, if I no watch match I no get any business talking abt am.
am just here watching how JM go take solve our problem ahead of next season cos to me this season don end. If we make top 4 good, if we don't we move ahead.
Haha
So that's how you do it? Expect the worst but hope for the best. Well since that's your style no wahala.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2017
codedguy1:

Them being on the field is no guarantee oo
If we can get past Celta IDGAF what happens against TTH.

I'm only frustrated when I watch us play and so much disjointed passes and attacks that breaks before they even start. If only we can manage to keep the ball against oppositions....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:38pm On May 01, 2017
eph12:

If we can get past Celta IDGAF what happens against TTH.

I'm only frustrated when I watch us play and so much disjointed passes and attacks that breaks before they even start. If only we can manage to keep the ball against oppositions....

That's exactly what am saying. The fact that those guys are on the pitch does not translat to crisp urgent passes of the ball forward like people who want to score.

Maybe its fatigue that is making these guys get injured and play like malfunctioning humanoids with no ambitions, idk.

At OT We made swansea look like barca on Sunday and playing like that against celta might be disastrous.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 6:41pm On May 01, 2017
eph12:

Haha
So that's how you do it? Expect the worst but hope for the best. Well since that's your style no wahala.
Bros, akant kill mysef. those guys are kill joys.
somhw i've been more optimistic abt our EL campaign than EPL..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:46pm On May 01, 2017
codedguy1:

That's exactly what am saying. The fact that those guys are on the pitch does not translat to crisp urgent passes of the ball forward like people who want to score.

Maybe its fatigue that is making these guys get injured and play like malfunctioning humanoids with no ambitions, idk.

At OT We made swansea look like barca on Sunday and playing like that against celta might be disastrous.

Even the match we won against Burnley a week ago, it was the same performance. We have had our defense to thank for most of our results even draws, and not our midfield or attack.

When I complain, people say I shouldn't but hail the team and Mourinho. But me know say on another day, with that same performance, we go dey beg for draw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:01pm On May 01, 2017
Jose no manage this smalling and Jones issue well at all.
if them dey injured,dem don injure be that all this backward yabbing no be am at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 7:08pm On May 01, 2017
Make una leave complain by fire by force we go jump and pass celta vigo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:09pm On May 01, 2017
SIRcumalot:
Jose no manage this smalling and Jones issue well at all.
if them dey injured,dem don injure be that all this backward yabbing no be am at all.

No mind am. Like say na dem go heal themselves and do it at their will.

Talking about people who are injured fighting to get back no make sense at all. If doctor say dem never ready dem never ready.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:21pm On May 01, 2017
eph12:

Herrera will be fatigued by then, Carrick is quite old, pogba, well is still pogba and we are playing in white hart lane again

omo, make we forget the midfield for that game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:44pm On May 01, 2017
elampiro:

There are aspects of his game he has refused to improve.

He never imagined that ball would go to that angle. Herrera was sure it was going there 99.99% but DDG whoosaaa

I thought DDG was covering the other angle for formality
So he should be moving to the left before the ball was even played cos that's the only way to stop that ball or stay behind the wall
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:22pm On May 01, 2017
chrisley024:
So he should be moving to the left before the ball was even played cos that's the only way to stop that ball or stay behind the wall

That was what Romero did against Rostov, although slightly farther spot from goal. Once it was glaring the kicker was going to use his right foot, Romero started moving towards his left because it would be easier to recover to the right than diving full length to the left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:42pm On May 01, 2017
elampiro:

That was what Romero did against Rostov, although slightly farther spot from goal. Once it was glaring the kicker was going to use his right foot, Romero started moving towards his left because it would be easier to recover to the right than diving full length to the left.
Cos it was far, this one was very close. A Gk is to be blamed if he conceded on the side he should cover. Check Willians goal against Lloris in fa cup and the error Lloris made cos he was expecting the ball over the wall which made it easier for Willian to score and could've also happened if Sig anticipated his move.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4016) (4017) (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) (4022) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.