Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,780 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:15 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8861174 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4103) (4104) (4105) (4106) (4107) (4108) (4109) ... (14214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:40pm On May 22, 2017
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 4:50pm On May 22, 2017
If we no win this game eh... Anyway, make I no reason go that side...

If we no win this game ehnnn... I no sure weda I go fit show face for my working place. Make una beg Mourinho o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:50pm On May 22, 2017
elampiro:
It looks like Ashley Young is not going to return. I would have love to have him on the left instead of Darmian. We should go for attack outpacing them instead of trying to cope with them.

If everyone were available, it could easily have been Valencia - Bailly - Rojo - Darmian/Young.

Or we could just have adopted the formation we used against Chelsea. But we are missing Rojo and Young, so we wont be as effective with that formation of 3-5-2

Jose has always been a caution first manager so trying to nullify them would be his first instinct.

My guess at the lineup

Romero

Val
Jones
Smalling
Darmian

Carrick
Herrera
Pogba

Miki
Rashford
Martial

Although I'm not sure he'll drop Blind but I cant imagine him playing Blind ahead of Smalling or Jones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 4:57pm On May 22, 2017
Ajax boys are fast, so is their football too. Blind playing CB will be suicide, I think.

Smalling and Damien are my only concern in the defense..

I know its not gonna happen but Play Mitchel perhaps.??

I like dat boy already..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:20pm On May 22, 2017
afrodoc2:

Do you mean the Reserves coach or the Academy coach? Poole, Harrop and co are in the reserves/u23 not academy. The problem of strikers for the Reserves was due to the early departures of Ashley Fletcher and Rashford from their set up not really an issue with coaching.

I know but Mitchell is a striker, even if he's not as clinical nor talented as Rashford. He could still do a work there but the coach would rather play a midfielder which I don't get because players on the wings are midfielder also.

I meant the reserve coach BTW. Moreover, it isn't just about the striker but the strange way he often prefer mediocre players over the talented players. For example, I do wonder what that Redmond of a player is doing in the midfield over the likes of Harrop, Kehinde et al.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:37pm On May 22, 2017
Diademk07:

I know but Mitchell is a striker, even if he's not as clinical nor talented as Rashford. He could still do a work there but the coach would rather play a midfielder which I don't get because players on the wings are midfielder also.

I meant the reserve coach BTW. Moreover, it isn't just about the striker but the strange way he often prefer mediocre players over the talented players. For example, I do wonder what that Redmond of a player is doing in the midfield over the likes of Harrop, Kehinde et al.

You have a fair point in a way but watching Demi in the reserves he would not have made it in top grade football playing CF. Maybe the manager moved Demi backwards to give him a better pro future.
I will agree with you that the manager (who i believe is Nicky Butt by the way) tends to prefer physical and defensively more solid true midfielders like Redmond and Willock in midfield to players like Kehinde and Harrop who are more of AMs/forwards.
Where i will agree with you fully is that the reserve team plays crappy football, i prefer watching the academy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PattyCake: 5:41pm On May 22, 2017
Is the reserves team that bad,
I hardly watch it unless they are playing like a final or something...Our Academy is solid tho.

Does Anyone think Angel Gomez has a future at Man utd personally, I think mans too short and I'm afraid he has only one more growth spurt in him as he turns 17 in like 3 months
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 6:19pm On May 22, 2017
afrodoc:

You have a fair point in a way but watching Demi in the reserves he would not have made it in top grade football playing CF. Maybe the manager moved Demi backwards to give him a better pro future.
I will agree with you that the manager (who i believe is Nicky Butt by the way) tends to prefer physical and defensively more solid true midfielders like Redmond and Willock in midfield to players like Kehinde and Harrop who are more of AMs/forwards.
Where i will agree with you fully is that the reserve team plays crappy football, i prefer watching the academy.

I would still have preferred Mitchell deployed in the striker role over some strange midfielders. It's about giving the team a good shape and a focal point but rather the team looked muddy with no shape whatsoever.. There's no way any player can even develop in the ugly setup. They are just getting by because they are talented and not because of any coaching because as far as I'm concerned, the coach is rubbish.

That said, Kehinde isn't a AM nor forward. He's a proper CM. In fact, he was often deployed as a CDM and he looked quite good in the position and while Harrop looks like an AM, his best display for me was in the central midfield against Sunderland. That was where I got to know he's not only got the technique but the brain and the tenacity for that role.

You could see yesterday that Harrop was often dropping as far deep as in front of defence to build up the play and he made plenty of tackles as well. The player I can liken him to is Marchiso. He's got lovely technique, agility, intelligence, fantastic movement and he's quite aggressive just like Marchiso. I'm not still sure of how great is his vision even though I've seen him pull off some lovely through ball but how consistent is what I don't know hence, the Marchiso comparism.

I love Willock though. He's a proper flashy box-box CM. The player I just don't like is Redmond and that El Filtroui whatever?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Branzy(m): 6:21pm On May 22, 2017
blue

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 6:25pm On May 22, 2017
PattyCake:
Is the reserves team that bad,
I hardly watch it unless they are playing like a final or something...Our Academy is solid tho.

Does Anyone think Angel Gomez has a future at Man utd personally, I think mans too short and I'm afraid he has only one more growth spurt in him as he turns 17 in like 3 months

He's just 16! As far as I'm concerned, a male child often stop growing at 23 or so.

He's a fantastic talent though. Bouy is quite lightening and has got some dazzling skills to boot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2017
Diademk07:

I would still have preferred Mitchell deployed in the striker role over some strange midfielders. It's about giving the team a good shape and a focal point but rather the team looked muddy with no shape whatsoever.. There's no way any player can even develop in the ugly setup. They are just getting by because they are talented and not because of any coaching because as far as I'm concerned, the coach is rubbish.

That said, Kehinde isn't a AM nor forward. He's a proper CM. In fact, he was often deployed as a CDM and he looked quite good in the position and while Harrop looks like an AM, his best display for me was in the central midfield against Sunderland. That was where I got to know he's not only got the technique but the brain and the tenacity for that role.

You could see yesterday that Harrop was often dropping as far deep as in front of defence to build up the play and he made plenty of tackles as well. The player I can liken him to is Marchiso. He's got lovely technique, agility, intelligence, fantastic movement and he's quite aggressive just like Marchiso. I'm not still sure of how great is his vision even though I've seen him pull off some lovely through ball but how consistent is what I don't know hence, the Marchiso comparism.

I love willock though. He's a proper flashy box-box CM. The player I don't like is Redmond and that El Filtroui whatever?

El Fitroui has no hope making it at United, he is that poor. Kehinde looks like he will develop more into AM in my opinion but i confess i have not seen enough of him as he is usually a sub.
Willock and Redmond both cover lots of ground but are a bit lacking in technique in my opinion.
Harrop's main problem is not technique or even vision but next level pace and power. He is tough but just not naturally strong enough in my opinion and lacks the pace to leave markers for dead. I predict he won't make it at United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 6:38pm On May 22, 2017
afrodoc:

El Fitroui has no hope making it at United, he is that poor. Kehinde looks like he will develop more into AM in my opinion but i confess i have not seen enough of him as he is usually a sub.
Willock and Redmond both cover lots of ground but are a bit lacking in technique in my opinion.
Harrop's main problem is not technique or even vision but next level pace and power. He is tough but just not naturally strong enough in my opinion and lacks the pace to leave markers for dead. I predict he won't make it at United.

Harrop has got the speed. He's not as lightening as forwards like say Walcott but that doesn't mean he's not got the pace. He's faster than Januzaj for example.

Moreover, he isn't a forward but a midfielder. I'm quite sure he will make it to the next level even if it's not at United because the main thing is he's got the technique and the brain which are the 2 most important things.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:41pm On May 22, 2017
Diademk07:

Harrop has got the speed. He's not as lightening as forwards like Walcott but that doesn't mean he's not got the pace. He's faster than Januzaj for example.

Moreover, he isn't a forward but a midfielder. I'm quite sure he will make it to the next level even if it's not at United because the main thing is that he's got the technique and the brain which are the 2 most important things.

He is going to be 22 soon, he won't make it at United. Gomes, Chong and Gribbin obviously have more talent.
Heard that Gribbin has a poor attitude though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PattyCake: 6:48pm On May 22, 2017
Diademk07:

He's just 16! As far as I'm concerned, a male child often stop growing at 23 or so.

He's a fantastic talent though. Bouy is quite lightening and has got some dazzling skills to boot.

Actually adults grow till they are like 21, I was referring to his height, Its quite common for Teens to reach their height peak at 17.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 6:49pm On May 22, 2017
afrodoc:

He is going to be 22 soon, he won't make it at United. Gomes, Chong and Gribbin obviously have more talent.

Harrop's not competing with them as far as I'm concerned. Chong is a striker/wing forward. Gribbin is a AM and Gomes is a AM/wing forward.

Whether he would be 22 or not, Lingard/Cleverley who are not even as good as him made it at what age? It's not even like he's a late bloomer because he has always has it right from the moment he burst out and the boy is smart enough to start staking his claim now that he's got a goal already and what more, he's an English.

As far as I'm concerned, he's better than Andrea Perreira who's not even got half his brain but he's lucky to be a foreign talent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 6:53pm On May 22, 2017
Chelsea own every record for a single season in PL history and some people think their club is the biggest

Record wins
Record points
Record goals scored
Record goals conceded

Beat it fuckers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 6:55pm On May 22, 2017
PattyCake:

Actually adults grow till they are like 21, I was referring to his height, Its quite common for Teens to reach their height peak at 17.

He could still grow na.

Although Ronaldo was taller than Gomes at his age but he wasn't as tall as he is now when he arrived at 17.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:30pm On May 22, 2017
David Moyes steps down at Sunderland

Wenger dont behave like this coward sign that 5yrs extension

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PattyCake: 7:39pm On May 22, 2017
Diademk07:

He could still grow na.

Although Ronaldo was taller than Gomes at his age but he wasn't as tall as he is now when he arrived at 17.

He could still grow but I doubt it will be significant, let's be brutally honest, physically he's not cut out, heard he's related to Nani and Nani is barely 5ft 9...I don't see any alternative other than pumping him with HGH.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:48pm On May 22, 2017
bigkesh:
Chelsea own every record for a single season in PL history and some people think their club is the biggest

Record wins
Record points
Record goals scored
Record goals conceded

Beat it fuckers
Record trophies won make the biggest clubs

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2017
chrisley024:
That one na your own
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:03pm On May 22, 2017
Branzy:
blue
U Chelsea fans are so delusional. Everything to u mongrels started in 04/05. Since 04/05 this Since 04/05 that......

E k'oshi danu!

U want an overall EPL table of all time?? Start from 92. Total matches played, Total goals for/against, total points won. Make a table of that and lets see where ur stupid club stands on the log. Ídiotas!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2017
bigkesh:

Record wins
Record points
Record goals scored
Record goals conceded

Beat it fuckers
Fools ready and willing to say anything and everything.....desperately grasping at straws.

This particular hypocrite has been so desperate to prove Chelsea is bigger & better than United all season as if his life depended on it.

Most wins blah blah, Most points blah blah blah....things dat happened from years ago no one cares about. But na United fans sabi open history textbook. Like i said.......hypocrite!!

Where was ur record book last season when u were finishing 10th?? Ode.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:33pm On May 22, 2017
chrisley024:
Leave the mumu. He probably thinks bcoz Atletico won more points in 13/14 than Barca in 08/09, then Atletico is bigger than Barca

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:52pm On May 22, 2017
BREAKING NEWS

Antoine Griezmann tells French TV there is a "six out of 10" chance of him joining Manchester United this summer.

The Atletico Madrid forward will decide his future in the next two weeks.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:57pm On May 22, 2017
Antoine Griezmann has marked his chances of joining Manchester United this summer as six out of 10 and says his future will be decided in the next two weeks.

United are interested in signing the Atletico Madrid forward, according to Griezmann's adviser, but the 26-year-old had so far not made his intentions about a move away from the Vicente Calderon clear.

Atletico manager Diego Simeone has admitted Griezmann could leave the club, and the France international has now himself admitted a transfer to Manchester United is "possible".

Asked what the chances of him joining United are on a scale of one to ten, Griezmann told French television programme Quotidien: "Six."

Pressed on the matter further, the TV show host asked Griezmann - who has 26 goals across all competitions for Atletico this season - to confirm he understood what he was saying, to which Griezmann replied "yes".

Griezmann added: "I should know more in the next two weeks."

Former Manchester United midfielder David Beckham was one of Griezmann's idols while growing up, but the Atletico striker insists he is focused on his own journey - whether at Old Trafford or not.

"I don't want to follow Beckham's path but I have my own," said Griezmann.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10889340/antoine-griezmann-says-manchester-united-transfer-is-possible
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 22, 2017
Omar Momani no go kill pesin oo cheesy cheesy grin grin ...

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:01pm On May 22, 2017
Oasis007:
BREAKING NEWS

Antoine Griezmann tells French TV there is a "six out of 10" chance of him joining Manchester United this summer.

smh undecided looks like we're signing him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 9:03pm On May 22, 2017
Lana1:
Fools ready and willing to say anything and everything.....desperately grasping at straws.

This particular hypocrite has been so desperate to prove Chelsea is bigger & better than United all season as if his life depended on it.

Most wins blah blah, Most points blah blah blah....things dat happened from years ago no one cares about. But na United fans sabi open history textbook. Like i said.......hypocrite!!

Where was ur record book last season when u were finishing 10th?? Ode.

Oti binu Pele,don't cry

We bad like that,we can talk about the past and present because we are breaking the records of the past years unlike some people that have been crying and wailing every season for the past 3 seasons like say na tragic series
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by meracool(m): 9:09pm On May 22, 2017
smiley

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 22, 2017
Oasis007:
BREAKING NEWS

Actually, we're the ones that will decide the future for him on Wednesday...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:24pm On May 22, 2017
Oasis007:
BREAKING NEWS

Hope we are not making a terrible mistake with this guy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4103) (4104) (4105) (4106) (4107) (4108) (4109) ... (14214) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.