Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8738513 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4110) (4111) (4112) (4113) (4114) (4115) (4116) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by fourfourfour: 4:20pm On May 23, 2017
codedguy1:

So name the players that you think will improve us exponentially that will come cheap.

You can even name some from our reserve team. Just name some players, that's all we are asking.

You cannot just condemn someone the coach has identified that would improve the team and cant name anyone that you think fits the bill and comes cheap and GUARANTEED TO SCORE since you already know griezmann won't guaranty us goals.

I ask again have you discussed our tactics and formation with mourinho that has given you a better insight than us here?

Don't Manu hav Martial £43mil n Rashford, dey sud buy Dzeko
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:21pm On May 23, 2017
raumdeuter:

Who are your preferred option to Griezmann that will cost less, willing to come plus getable and are guaranteed to score

Coogar used to suggest Laccazete and we all laughed at him. But the guy is still scoring. Although I don't know his price.

Bas Dost scored 34 goals in 30 league matches for Sporting, the next in Portuguese league scoref only 16 goals. His goals per minutes for Wolfsburg was not bad at all. I don’t know his price tag.

But transfer market has it this way:

Bas Dost €10m
Laccazete €30m
Griezmann €80m

We can buy both and add to Rashford. Bas Dost is more like Crouch pouncing on crosses and loose balls so he might not be very attactive. But he scores.

There are still players even in Serie A scoring over 20 goals

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by fourfourfour: 4:23pm On May 23, 2017
elampiro:

Coogar used to suggest Laccazete and we all laughed at him. But the guy is still scoring. Although I don't know his price.

Bas Dost scored 34 goals in 30 league matches for Sporting, the next in Portuguese league scorer only 16 goals. His goals per minutes for Wolfsburg was not bad at all. I don’t know his price tag.

But transfer market out it this way:

Bas Dost €10m
Laccazete €30m
Griezmann €80m

We can buy both and add to Rashford. Bas Dost is more like Crouch pouncing on crossed and loose balls so he might not be very attactive. But he scores.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:23pm On May 23, 2017
elampiro:

Is Griezmann guaranteed to deliver? Remember too we have less quality players than A.Madrid to supply the quality passes, through balls and crosses. He might be required to track back to help out the defence as Mkhitaryan does.

The major problem is not buying Griezmann but how much are we buying him visavis the improvement he will provide. If we buy him for £80m and he scores less than 25 goals is that a good buy. The way I see this guy, he will struggle to score 20 goals. Why not gamble with two promising strikers who might score 15-20 goals with £35m each?

Aside from Messi and Ronaldo who is guaranteed to deliver? Some have even said Messi might not deliver in England without his Barcelona teammates

In big games Atletico defend deep and Griezman is the counter attack outlet. I am not saying Griezmann is the solution to Man utd problems but give us like 5 options who are cheaper, guaranteed and attainable
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:25pm On May 23, 2017
codedguy1:

So name the players that you think will improve us exponentially that will come cheap.

You can even name some from our reserve team. Just name some players, that's all we are asking.

You cannot just condemn someone the coach has identified that would improve the team and cant name anyone that you think fits the bill and comes cheap and GUARANTEED TO SCORE since you already know griezmann won't guaranty us goals.

I ask again have you discussed our tactics and formation with mourinho that has given you a better insight than us here?

We can gamble on some players like Laccazete, Dzeko, Bas, and some others scoring 20 plus goals among the top European league.

We can even buy two. As someone said, we have Rashford and Martial in the picture.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:27pm On May 23, 2017
elampiro:

Bas Dost scored 34 goals in 30 league matches for Sporting, the next in Portuguese league scorer only 16 goals. His goals per minutes for Wolfsburg was not bad at all. I don’t know his price tag.

But transfer market out it this way:
Bas Dost €10m
Laccazete €30m
Griezmann €80m

We can buy both and add to Rashford. Bas Dost is more like Crouch pouncing on crossed and loose balls so he might not be very attactive. But he scores.

Who are these players in Serie A that have scored 20 goals consistently for multiple seasons? Some people here have raised doubts about Lacazatter, you have doubted Bas Dost

So Elamps come straight if you were in charge of Man utd transfers who are the strikers you will buy, Name them and give reasons
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:28pm On May 23, 2017
Odunharry:
Pay the money for Griezzy jare.
If unproven Mbappe is worth 100m, dunno why people are so worried about money United will splash on Griezman.

Third best player in the world, Proven both at National and Club level.

A player who buried the world champions at European Cup last year

82goals in 160 for someone who's not the main striker??

Wetin una want the guy to do?? Instead of saying he won't better the team or succeed, the current squad need to improve on their game too.

Evn if its 120milla bring the Lad to Old Trafford.

As a pure striker, I would take Mbappe over Griezman for 80mil any day. This is a player who was France's best player at u21 euros. He's not only tricky, lightening but can lead a line. In fact, that's his best position. He can also play as a SS. As a winger, I don't think he's even worth 50 mil but as a pure no 9, I would take him for 80mil.

On the other hand, Griezman has never led a line without a striker shadowing him. The point is he isn't a lead striker but a SS. So what are we talking about!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 23, 2017
Funlord2:

I get your point! That was a post meant for another discourse! Anyway one of your new clinical finishers will be here in 2 weeks so be patient..... wink

Come to think of it, what if we don't win tomorrow.. i've always tried to kill such thought but it keeps popping up sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:35pm On May 23, 2017
raumdeuter:

Who are these players in Serie A that have scored 20 goals consistently for multiple seasons? Some people here have raised doubts about Lacazatter, you have doubted Bas Dost

So Elamps come straight if you were in charge of Man utd transfers who are the strikers you will buy, Name them and give reasons

I will buy two players

Bas Dost and Laccazete/Dzeko/any other.

I have not doubted Bas Dost, just that his style might not be fashionable. He has impressive goals per minutes return for Wolfsburg which makes him reliable to score.

Scoring 20 goals for two seasons is not a criteria as such. Griezman scored twice and lost form.

Griezmann, Laccazete, Dzeko, etc are not guaranteed to score 20 goals but it is far more sensible to gamble with small amount of money than gmabling with €80m big enough to assemble an Ajax team.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:36pm On May 23, 2017
Diademk07:

As a pure striker, I would take Mbappe over Griezman for 80mil any day. This is a player who was France's best player at u21 euros. He's not only tricky, lightening but can lead a line. In fact, that's his best position. He can also play as a SS. As a winger, I don't think he's even worth 50 mil but as a pure no 9, I would take him for 80mil.

On the other hand, Griezman has never led a line without a striker shadowing him. The point is he isn't a lead striker but a SS. So what are we talking about!

I am with you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:41pm On May 23, 2017
raumdeuter:

Aside from Messi and Ronaldo who is guaranteed to deliver? Some have even said Messi might not deliver in England without his Barcelona teammates

In big games Atletico defend deep and Griezman is the counter attack outlet. I am not saying Griezmann is the solution to Man utd problems but give us like 5 options who are cheaper, guaranteed and attainable

Suarez is guaranteed to deliver over 25 goals if not injured. But this is not the argument. We are talking about players who are available.

Lewandowski is far ahead of Griezmann.

Come to think of it, we cannot gamble with £80m for a striker who might not score 20 league goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 4:42pm On May 23, 2017
@ gloryisaac I've even got 10 grand riding on the outcome of that game so how do you think I feel? I'm only hoping the tragic events of last night, coupled with pogbas dads loss, ibrahimovic's loss, the fact we've never won it and this being rooneys last trophy for the club just gingers the rest of those _twats to step up for once and rep! They also need to keep an eye on that Kasper dolberg fellow...he is the main problem!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:46pm On May 23, 2017
Diademk07:

I beg to differ on Kagawa. Kagawa was signed for less than 15mil compared to the 36 mil + 6 mil agent fees that Hazard got signed.

Moreover, Kagawa hardly played in his best position under Moyes. He started 14 matches under Moyes with only few of them in the central role. Not to forget that most of the 14 matches came towards the end of the season and he was one of our best players at the end of the season.

While others, esp Mata was given chance in his favoured role, Kagawa hardly got same.

Kagawa wasn't what we needed at that time. But even at that, we went for Mata who plays same way. When will we know what we need instead of going for semi-popular names?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:47pm On May 23, 2017
Diademk07:

And you want us to buy Mpabbe for that amount? What happens to Rashidi??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:48pm On May 23, 2017
If we don't want Rashford to lead the charge next season buy a striker. Griezmann is not a striker. To think he is the 3rd world best player, available on the market and only United is dying to pay $100m for him. Let barca bayern RM Chelsea or City bid for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:49pm On May 23, 2017
Why we just dey behave like Maga like this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:50pm On May 23, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Come to think of it, what if we don't win tomorrow.. i've always tried to kill such thought but it keeps popping up sad

Hahaha confidence don dey shake. I think say you talk say the win sure pass grin it is allowed, make these guys no fall person hand.

elampiro:

Bas Dost scored 34 goals in 30 league matches for Sporting, the next in Portuguese league scoref only 16 goals. His goals per minutes for Wolfsburg was not bad at all. I don’t know his price tag.

But transfer market has it this way:

Bas Dost €10m
Laccazete €30m
Griezmann €80m

We can buy both and add to Rashford. Bas Dost is more like Crouch pouncing on crosses and loose balls so he might not be very attactive. But he scores.

Thank god you finally named some guys.

So you are saying any of these guys will guarantee 20 goals for us regardless the tactics and formarion.

I admit I Dont know much about bas, but is it the same dzeko that played for city you talking about? Lacazette?

So if they Dont do the needful we fall back to zlatan, Rooney and rashford.

The moment these guys hear we are interested in them their clubs will automatically slap a 70m clause on them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:50pm On May 23, 2017
Give Arsenal $100m they will release Sanchez. That is a better option
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:53pm On May 23, 2017
eph12:
Give Arsenal $100m they will release Sanchez. That is a better option
This is still Good. Abeg me no like see Mbappe for our team nor now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 4:56pm On May 23, 2017
eph12:
If we don't want Rashford to lead the charge next season buy a striker. Griezmann is not a striker. To think he is the 3rd world best player, available on the market and only United is dying to pay $100m for him. Let barca bayern RM Chelsea or City bid for him.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/39704261

Who told you that real madrid,barca and chelsea are not trying to bid for him? Have you never heard of "players preferred choice?"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:56pm On May 23, 2017
Odunharry:

This is still Good. Abeg me no like see Mbappe for our team nor now.
I didn't watch the guy but he is not someone I would want to replace Rashford. By the way, with the right team tactics and mentality Rashford will score 20+ goals every season. What is Mbappe doing now that Martial or Rashford didn't do last season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:58pm On May 23, 2017
elampiro:

Suarez is guaranteed to deliver over 25 goals if not injured. But this is not the argument. We are talking about players who are available.

Lewandowski is far ahead of Griezmann.

Come to think of it, we cannot gamble with £80m for a striker who might not score 20 league goals.

Maybe the idea is to play him behind Ibra which may not be that bad.

But the thing is even though Ibra can lead a line quite well enough, he is still more of a false 9 striker that loves to drop deep and linkup with his midfield, so where do Griezmann factor here, except if he can turn into a proper midfielder to make the midfield a 3-man?

More so, Ibra would never be that player that would defer to anybody. Yes, he's creative and all that, but would never act as a decoy for anyone to eventually take up the glory. In fact, the likes of Gamiero and Torres were seen taking their destiny up in their hands towards the end of this season and not acting as decoy for anyone like they did at the start of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:58pm On May 23, 2017
Funlord2:

Who told you that real madrid,barca and chelsea are not trying to bid for him? Have you never heard of "players preferred choice?"
Hahaha! Preferred choice with $100m. What a preference! Which of them is ready to pay that amount?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:59pm On May 23, 2017
eph12:

I didn't watch the guy but he is not someone I would want to replace Rashford. By the way, with the right team tactics and mentality Rashford will score 20+ goals every season. What is Mbappe doing now that Martial or Rashford didn't do last season?
The thing tire me o.. Speed, eyes for goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:02pm On May 23, 2017
Funlord2:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/39704261

Oh that was his agent lol. They should meet the clause then
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 23, 2017
Diademk07:

Griezmann has proven his worth than Mbappe. He has been outstanding in a far superior league for many seasons now(just behind Ronaldo and Messi).He has also been the lead man for France lately and was the golden ball winner in the last Euros.He is a reliable goalscorer.I used reliable because that is what Man united severely lacks now. Mbappe drifts in from the left much like Martial and I wouldn't class him as a striker.At least not yet.What is the guarantee that he will score these goals United desperately need?What if he turns out to be just another Martial in the EPL? Man U need proven goalscorers now.Not potentials.They already have Rashford,Martial,Lingard etc.They need a guaranteed mature striker and I think Griezmann is the safer bet here. smiley

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:06pm On May 23, 2017
Odunharry:

And you want us to buy Mpabbe for that amount? What happens to Rashidi??

Tbh, I would love Rashford to continue as our lead man if Ibra is to be replaced but if Mourinho doesn't trust him, then there's no way that Griezmann is the answer because he's a SS.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 5:06pm On May 23, 2017
eph12:

Hahaha! Preferred choice with $100m. What a preference! Which of them is ready to pay that amount?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/789749/Transfer-News-Antoine-Griezmann-Real-Madrid-Manchester-United-Atletico-Madrid

You may have to ask his agent or the board members of those clubs this your new question about which of them may be able to pay! I am only providing evidence to you about the other teams you asked about and whether they also want to sign him! We are ready to pay...we have said our own!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:07pm On May 23, 2017
Lacazette will be a good addition to our squad though.. Strong, pacy, intelligent too.
Watched him play more than thrice for Lyon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:08pm On May 23, 2017
Funlord2:
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/789749/Transfer-News-Antoine-Griezmann-Real-Madrid-Manchester-United-Atletico-Madrid

You may have to ask his agent or the board members of those clubs this your new question about which of them may be able to pay! I am only providing evidence to you about the other teams you asked about and whether they also want to sign him! We are ready to pay...we have said our own!
Nice
We wouldn't stand a chance against Madrid when they are serious. I pray they are.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 23, 2017
Funlord2:

@ gloryisaac I've even got 10 grand riding on the outcome of that game so how do you think I feel? I'm only hoping the tragic events of last night, coupled with pogbas dads loss, ibrahimovic's loss, the fact we've never won it and this being rooneys last trophy for the club just gingers the rest of those _twats to step up for once and rep! They also need to keep an eye on that Kasper dolberg fellow...he is the main problem!

10K!!!!!!, you get mind o lipsrsealed ...... hopefully they wont disappoint so that you get your reward cheesy

codedguy1:

Hahaha confidence don dey shake. I think say you talk say the win sure pass grin it is allowed, make these guys no fall person hand.

Abeg make dem no fall hand oo.... that party for Assnal thread must hold cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:10pm On May 23, 2017
codedguy1:

Thank god you finally named some guys.

So you are saying any of these guys will guarantee 20 goals for us regardless the tactics and formarion.

Even Griezmann wont guarantee 20 goals. But looking at the price tags, it is far more sensible to go for Bas with just small amount or Laccazete.

codedguy1:

I admit I Dont know much about bas, but is it the same dzeko that played for city you talking about? Lacazette?

Bas scored 34 goals out of his team 68 goals to help them finish 3rd. He is an hyena though eating on what others hunt, but Chicharito used to be an hyena too and scored goals. 34 goals in a league with next highest scorers of 16 goals shows how good he is.

Dezko may have rejyvenated just like Higuain did, because Higuain was a useless striker just few years ago.

Laccazete will give us a similar stuff Lukaku gives Everton.
codedguy1:

So if they Dont do the needful we fall back to zlatan, Rooney and rashford.

Same way if we paid £80m for Griezmann and he fails.

codedguy1:

The moment these guys hear we are interested in them their clubs will automatically slap a 70m clause on them.

We can do it quietly the way we handed that of Mkhitaryan

(1) (2) (3) ... (4110) (4111) (4112) (4113) (4114) (4115) (4116) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.