Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,511 members, 7,865,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:00 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878738 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
elampiro:
Can you be sincere with yourself what you did with your mb/gb? Whether a woman used it for you or whether you used it to download films? How many Wayne Rooney news have been posted here since Tuesday? You also joined Coogar posting some irrelevant things trying to be negative about Rooney. You didn't know you could have saved some MBs when you did all that. You couldn't even complain about the Bundesliga arguments which were a far talk from the matter at hand.

this was how bleacherreport observed it....

No player is untouchable and yet Ferguson seemed to be implying the striker felt he should start any game so long as he was fit. Plenty of players have had to miss out on big games over the years, nothing should be taken for granted. No exception should be made for Rooney. It is a selfishness that puts his own needs ahead of the needs of the team.

It was a similar story during Tuesday's match. At 1-0, with the game still in the balance, Rooney twice had the opportunity to play Robin van Persie in for an open goal during one passage of play. Instead, he went alone and squandered the chance. Minutes later, Leverkusen equalised.

All's well that ends well, but the forward's desire to get his 200th United goal seemed to cloud his judgement and it could have proved far more costly.

Rooney is an excellent player but it is high time he realised that sacrifices are essential to improvement. Sometimes he will have to play out wide and sometimes he'll be fielded in the centre of midfield. That's the manager's prerogative. Just as he needs to cut down on junk food and alcohol in the offseason if he wishes to prolong his career, Rooney needs to accept that self-sacrifice is the key to greatness.

Make no mistake, he could well break records for England and United, but only if he tweaks his game to put the team first and Wayne Rooney second.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
elampiro:

With that Valencia's performance, I don't see Nani becoming a regular. Valencia might end up having more games than other wingers. He knows how to punish you when you play your defence high. Now he has added a new dimension by crossing the ball behind his markers coupled with his new find sense of coming into the middle.

I am just watching how it is going to be. I pray
they all stay fit and injury free.
I won't bank on that performance, as far as I am concern it was just a fluke, he wil have to put up such performance in 2-3 consecutive matches before I believe he is back. I will still go for Nani and maybe kagawa on the flank.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
That guy at bleachers is on some cheap spliffs.

Why isn't RVP played wide and in midfield to 'develop' him too? Unconsolidated bollocks.

All (ok some grin) of you muppets over-analysing a single pass have issues. Is this the first time ever a player has decided to shoot instead of cross? Why is Rooney's case being painted as some kind of unheard of extreme selfishness? Get a grip.

Players sometimes shoot when a cross would be better. However, criticizing a player who scored TWICE and provided an assist in a 4-1 win simply because of one pass is not only churlish, it's downright idiocy.

I hope I see the same thing when RVP tries to shoot when a pass is a better alternative.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 1:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
debosky: That guy at bleachers is on some cheap spliffs.

Why isn't RVP played wide and in midfield to 'develop' him too? Unconsolidated bollocks.

All (ok some grin) of you muppets over-analysing a single pass have issues. Is this the first time ever a player has decided to shoot instead of cross? Why is Rooney's case being painted as some kind of unheard of extreme selfishness? Get a grip.

Players sometimes shoot when a cross would be better. However, criticizing a player who scored TWICE and provided an assist in a 4-1 win simply because of one pass is not only churlish, it's downright idiocy.

I hope I see the same thing when RVP tries to shoot when a pass is a better alternative.
Thank you my brother, I think they are just making unnecessary issue out of that incidence, I have never known Rooney to be a selfish player, in fact I can recount over 5 times RVP had the option of passing but decided to shoot and ended up missing in the course of this season alone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
RuuDie: Abegi no need to fan the embers again... there is nothing to that Rooney incident that should bring dis-unity to our strikeforce and entire team --- wazza elected to go for goal himself and missed, simple as that --- it is no big deal, strikers are allowed to be selfish sometimes, especially when they are on a roll!

Not the best of games, but encouraging nonetheless... Smalling impressed; this was one of his better performances.

We might not be playing very well, be we have a "stable", "united" house again... and like I will continue to say, this "stability" and understanding that has come from the relative continuity even in transition, will be our greatest asset.

This bunch of "mediocres" will stun Europe... #InMoyesWeTrust#

Nah! you are missing the point, these bunch of mediocres are Ashley, Cleverly, etc., while Kagawa, Rooney, Evra and others are not mediocres. You get now, we have to do a kind of sieving.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
JayKayMaybachz: Here are the teams with the
percentage of most aerial duels Win
after the first Champions League
game.
1. Manchester United - 77.1%
2. FC Basel - 66.7%
3. Bayern Munich - 61.1%
4. Zenit St Petersburg - 61.1%
5. Manchester City - 60.9%
Can we call it Fellaini effect ?

Smalling, Fellaini and Vidic. Then overall we can give it to Moyes for his intense training style. Our boys are fitter and cover so much space on the field. The km covered was one of the highest.

Carrick said he is happy because instead of having midfield who do same thing on the pitch, the team now has Fellaini who does things differently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
@Coogar, are you sure you are not the publisher of bleacherreport? They have not put the summer saga behind them and they are just over reacting. No one is clapping for Rooney for not making the simple pass. However they were wrong to suggest that Rooney is a selfish player who puts his interest first. The was so bad a report. They were also wrong to have believed Rooney doesn't want to play from the left side of the field or some other positions in the forward line.

Bleachers should wake up, the summer is over.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
debosky: That guy at bleachers is on some cheap spliffs. Why isn't RVP played wide and in midfield to 'develop' him too? Unconsolidated bollocks.

why would RVP be played on the wide? rooney's best role is behind the striker - he's always said that. when rooney led the line, he missed so many games due to suspension and he's overweight!

are you silly? have you seen the incident we are talking about or you just want to troll for the fun of it? what's the most natural thing to do on a 2 V 1 situation? if you line up 100 players and create that scenario, all of them would pass the ball instead of trying to score from an acute angle. rooney was too thirsty for his 200th goal and he could have jeopardised the results cos of his selfish interest. the game was still in balance as at the time rooney brainfarted.....

he scored later because we were playing an inferior side. a seasoned european team would have punished us after the equaliser. they would just bring in an extra defender and park the bus. that's 2 points lost on our home soil.

in that same situation, i would blame any player. siasia lost his first team privilege when he did the same under westerhof. yekini had scored the first goal in a difficult away game at abidjan..... siasia managed to beat an offside trap and it was him & yekini against the goalie. yekini called for the ball but siasia decided to shoot from an impossible angle when he should have just rolled the ball to yekini who would have tapped into an empty net.....nigeria lost that game 1-2.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
debosky,
Why na?
why let your lingering beef with van Persie to becloud your judgement of a matter that is so clear?
If it was nitwit/nitlad talking like this, I would understand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
StarBoard: debosky,
Why na?
why let your lingering beef with van Persie to becloud your judgement of a matter that is so clear?

debosky would say anything against van persie. he was expecting van persie to flop with united but the dutchman keeps disappointing debosky.....

see what iroha said about the siasia/yekini saga(the pass that never came) in 93....

“During our own time, Westerhof would reduce most of the superstars to ground zero and make sure you work your way back into the team,” Iroha, who once played for Vitesse of Holland said.

Ironically, Siasia was himself on the receiving end of the Dutchman’s discipline after he failed to pass to a better placed Rashidi Yekini during a USA’94 World Cup qualifier against the Elephants of Cote d’Ivoire with the team leading 1-0.

The Elephants then rallied and went on to beat the Super Eagles 2-1. An angry Westerhof then left Siasia out of his team for close to 18 months and only recalled him after the USA’94 ticket had been secured.

Westerhof was to later explain that he took the action because to show Siasia he had erred in not making the pass.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
Why na?

Seems this diseased rhinoceros can't make a post without mentioning Nitlad. grin

The obnoxious pud-whack is attention starved and never loved.

If this was Saudi Arabia or Iran, your head would have been severed from your body by now. Mentioning my moniker in every other post reeks of faggotery, punishable by the most painful death imaginable. You abominable blobfish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
elampiro:

Can you be sincere with yourself what you did with your mb/gb? Whether a woman used it for you or whether you used it to download films? How many Wayne Rooney news have been posted here since Tuesday? You also joined Coogar posting some irrelevant things trying to be negative about Rooney. You didn't know you could have saved some MBs when you did all that. You couldn't even complain about the Bundesliga arguments which were a far talk from the matter at hand.

Just agree with yourself say woman done finish your mb and ur mouth no fit u stop her. ...' Janet, don't worry just enjoy yourself, you can have it to yourself the whole day and use/download with it as much as you want. It isn't scarce or hard to buy'. grin grin grin Then after babe done carry her bag waka, you go carry your phone enter here con dey put the lamentation for naiaraland head. cheesy

One page here no take anything from you no matter the device wey you dey use. I beg park well jor make people talk better thing.
Horse dung doesn't even know what a ribbing is.
You need to chill jare.
You seem to take your copy-and-paste analysis too seriously, despite making some alarmingly stu.pid remarks over here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
nitlad:

Seems this diseased rhinoceros can't make a post without mentioning Nitlad. grin

The obnoxious pud-whack is attention starved and never loved.

If this was Saudi Arabia or Iran, your head would have been severed from your body by now. Mentioning my moniker in every other post reeks of faggotery, punishable by the most painful death imaginable. You abominable blobfish.
Yawn. . .
Nitwit strikes again. . .
Carry your faulty testicle brain away from here jare.
you're still a nitwit.
Live with that.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
StarBoard:
You need to chill jare.
You seem to take your copy-and-paste analysis too seriously, despite making some alarmingly stu.pid remarks over here.

do you have any evidence that supports the claims that elampiro makes alarmingly stüpid remarks?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
coogar:

do you have any evidence that supports the claims that elampiro makes alarmingly stüpid remarks?
Bros,
You know na.
I should be coming to you for those.
They are like a dime a dozen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
Nick Powell handed a start tonight by Wigan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
StarBoard:
Bros,
You know na.
I should be coming to you for those.

show us the evidence - show us the evidence.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
coogar:

show us the evidence - show us the evidence.....
Roy Keane played 1999 Final
Hargreaves was injured for 3 months in 2007/8
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
StarBoard:
Yawn. . .
Nitwit strikes again. . .
Carry your faulty testicle brain away from here jare.
you're still a nitwit.
Live with that.

Lol...

StarCunt is craving Nitlad's attention but unfortunately for him, Nitlad ain't got time for homö-ërotic gibbons.

I can visualise the runty pig bouncing joyfully that he got a response from Nitlad today.

It's your lucky day vermin - enjoy your 1 minute of fame, courtesy of Nitlad....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2013
nitladnitwit:

Lol...

StarCunt is craving Nitlad'snitwit attention but unfortunately for him, Nitladnitwit ain't got time for homö-ërotic gibbons.

I can visualise the runty pig bouncing joyfully that he got a response from Nitladnitwit today.

It's your lucky day vermin - enjoy your 1 minute of fame, courtesy Nitladnitwit....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
StarBoard:
Roy Keane played 1999 Final
Hargreaves was injured for 3 months in 2007/8

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
Just some of the hogwash.
Yet the dude thinks he's the closest thing to Henry Winter this side of the equator.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
StarBoard: Just some of the hogwash.
Yet the dude thinks he's the closest thing to Henry Winter this side of the equator.

henry winter ke? elampiro thinks he's andy gray. he claimed he once played for amodu shuaibu @ BCC lions. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
Haaa coogar eje lenu oniro!
Elampiro said no such thing.all he said was that he once played jeun jeun soccer with karimu shaibu of T n T fame. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
StarBoard:
You need to chill jare.

I pity you because you are the one who take things too far. You could not differentiate a joke from a serious talk.

Who cares if you waste mbs? Any on send you? We all use mbs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
coogar:

Mourinho never kicked a ball- Coogar.

30% of Wayne Rooney's goals are penalties- Coogar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
coogar:

henry winter ke? elampiro thinks he's andy gray. he claimed he once played for amodu shuaibu @ BBC lions. cheesy grin

Go and cry. Whether you believe or not is your headache.

I played football to a level you can only dream of. Karimu Shaibu is just one of the NPL I played with. Alex Jebba, FA cup winner was one too.

Let me tell you a new one: Amodu Shuaibu and coach Sebatine Broadricks were my friends when I was permanently based in Benin. I still have coach Broadricks number on my phone now, but I lost Amodu's own when my old phone developed a fault. I will still take it whenever I run into him again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
Rooney, thanks for shutting the haters. I need not argue anymore.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
coogar:

this was how bleacherreport observed it....

No player is untouchable and yet Ferguson seemed to be implying the striker felt he should start any game so long as he was fit. Plenty of players have had to miss out on big games over the years, nothing should be taken for granted. No exception should be made for Rooney. It is a selfishness that puts his own needs ahead of the needs of the team.

It was a similar story during Tuesday's match. At 1-0, with the game still in the balance, Rooney twice had the opportunity to play Robin van Persie in for an open goal during one passage of play. Instead, he went alone and squandered the chance. Minutes later, Leverkusen equalised.

All's well that ends well, but the forward's desire to get his 200th United goal seemed to cloud his judgement and it could have proved far more costly.

Rooney is an excellent player but it is high time he realised that sacrifices are essential to improvement. Sometimes he will have to play out wide and sometimes he'll be fielded in the centre of midfield. That's the manager's prerogative. Just as he needs to cut down on junk food and alcohol in the offseason if he wishes to prolong his career, Rooney needs to accept that self-sacrifice is the key to greatness.

Make no mistake, he could well break records for England and United, but only if he tweaks his game to put the team first and Wayne Rooney second.
ododo oro,true talk
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
Why na?

Nah, y'all are being too harsh on Rooney. He knew he could take liberties with BL, but if it we're say Bayern, he'd have acted differently. If to for the summer saga we wouldn't see this critique. Y'all need to let bygones be bygones and get behind the English Pele. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
debosky:
Nah, y'all are being too harsh on Rooney. He knew he could take liberties with BL, but if it we're say Bayern, he'd have acted differently. If to for the summer saga we wouldn't see this critique. Y'all need to let bygones be bygones and get behind the English Pele. cheesy

debosky, did you watch swansea decapitate valencia in spain? bony & michu would lick points off the big teams. beating valencia 3-0 away from home was just stunning!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
StarBoard:
You need to chill jare.

Will you STFU you homo-er0tic PhuckTard!!!!! This nuisance was here some months ago taking a dig at someone for selling "tokunbo" cars, and this asswipe comes here complaining about Mb's on his phone.....Who give a rats a$$ about your data plan you broke a$$ douche!!!!

Dude get over yourself...you phucking Ape!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: akwesenana and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.