Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,949 members, 7,845,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8818413 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4301) (4302) (4303) (4304) (4305) (4306) (4307) ... (14201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
Is that^^^ supposed to be funny
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 9:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
nope..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:27am On Jul 29, 2017
The squad seems worse than we started with last year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:41am On Jul 29, 2017
MRTA7:
The squad seems worse than we started with last year.

Do we just like this doom prediction thing or what? How's the squad worse than last year? We removed journeymen like Rooney whose wage was astronomical, Zlatan same thing, depay the rapper wannabee, schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin. Yes we are a little light in midfield but we have the academy guys stepping up and the Transfer window is still very far from closing. Not like we need 10 new faces in the midfield either. This is the first preseason where all the guys integrated for the first time. Non of them besides Lindelof is new to each other nor the league. They managed to lose against Barca after a calamitous blunder by Valencia and its all doom and gloom season. We are good if we can just kill this buy every world star mindset we have. We have enough young talents willing to deliver if the manager can keep trusting in them. Martial will come good with game time and more trust from the manager.If Mourinho can stop throwing him to the bench after every solid performance or he flops a bit, maybe he'll come good. That notwithstanding more wingers will come. More people will step up but as it is now we will challenge this season.

15 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:50am On Jul 29, 2017
joeace2020:

Do we just like this doom prediction thing or what? How's the squad worse than last year? We removed journeymen like Rooney whose wage was astronomical, Zlatan same thing, depay the rapper wannabee, schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin. Yes we are a little light in midfield but we have the academy guys stepping up and the Transfer window is still very far from closing. Not like we need 10 new faces in the midfield either. This is the first preseason where all the guys integrated for the first time. Non of them besides Lindelof is new to each other nor the league. They managed to lose against Barca after a calamitous blunder by Valencia and its all doom and gloom season. We are good if we can just kill this buy every world star mindset we have. We have enough young talents willing to deliver if the manager can keep trusting in them. Martial will come good with game time and more trust from the manager.If Mourinho can stop throwing him to the bench after every solid performance or he flops a bit, maybe he'll come good. That notwithstanding more wingers will come. More people will step up but as it is now we will challenge this season.
nothing like doom prediction there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
Kinda miss Schneiderlin though sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
GloryIsaac:
Kinda miss Schneiderlin though sad

Deadass...i feel he would have been perfect in a Midfield trio of Herrera and pogba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
This Perisic nor reach to lace Martial boots. Rubbish.

Just as i finish talking.. he scores. Face palm undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
Vanquay:

Deadass...i feel he would have been perfect in a Midfield trio of Herrera and pogba

Why call him deadass then?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
So much for being a world class striker from Madrid...yeye
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2017
10thski playing better without Morata... Hilarious! Musonda sef get shot on target.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by drexx(m): 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
Perisic is such a beast on the wings. Dude can do two foots, outside of the boot, pacy, intelligent and a quick decision maker. Think JM should do everything to get him. Btw kongdobia scored a puskas deserving own goal. Wondering how he fell off the upper reins of world football so soon. Two years ago media were shoving the guy down our throats as the messiah of utd midfield

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
Oh i would be so happy if that tall mopstick leaves during this transfer window.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
Oasis007:
"We spent big money on a striker because, with strikers, you either spend or you don't get.

"And we spent because of what happened to Zlatan and we cannot allow ourselves to be without an important, strong striker for the first six months of the season."

- Jose Mourinho

I think JM wants Zlatan back in the Team, and likely to resign him in January.

I think Mourinho just want a leader to be around the boys. If Rooney had stayed (accepted squad role), Zlatan would have been released. We are okay with the boys, there is nothing Zlatan is going to do better than those boys. Old is old.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
ChristineC:
what I'm saying is there has to be considerations. he is easily a top 4 player on the planet (peak or no peak) with at least five solid years in him at the top. if such talent is on the market and one of the richest teams in "rebuilding mode" isn't interested, then I question their sincerity and ambition.

I like Neymar well. I wish he was cheap to buy. We buy and forget about buying a DM. We can try Funso Mensah as a DM. May be if Funso Mensah were to be in Ajax, Monaco first team, or even Juventus, he would already be a regular and commanding a whopping fee of £70m.

He is with us, we are not trying him in an area we need a strong man. We always want already made. May be if we had Mbappe in our U-21, we would have benched him last season for Lingard.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:44pm On Jul 29, 2017
afrodoc2:
Oh i would be so happy if that tall mopstick leaves during this transfer window.

Fellaini is very useful until we get a reliable squad. The squad we can depend on to give us results Manchester United is known for.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
It is unfortunate Rojo is not going to be around for the start of the season. Bailly will surely pin the right center back. He and Smalling were the ones who played there in the last half of last season. Blind and Jones ended on the left side.

Bailly and Lindelof will not be okay to start the season because both are not very familiar with EPL strikers. We are going to see one of Smalling and Jones start on the left.

If everyone is going to fit for the major part of the coming season, I see no need for Lindelof, except he proves me wrong. The moment he failed to deal with that header in that first match, I knew there was a problem. Even if a central defender is nervous or lack fitness, headers are the easiest for them.

Let’s see how it goes. It is still preseason sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
With what we have, we dont need a left back. Rojo will take that position if Shaw, Darmian, Blind refused to own it. Rojo was a force there last season, even better than he did on the LCB.

We are soon going to have surplus of defenders.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
elampiro:

I like Neymar well. I wish he was cheap to buy. We buy and forget about buying a DM. We can try Funso Mensah as a DM. May be if Funso Mensah were to be in Ajax, Monaco first team, or even Juventus, he would already be a regular and commanding a whopping fee of £70m.

He is with us, we are not trying him in an area we need a strong man. We always want already made. May be if we had Mbappe in our U-21, we would have benched him last season for Lingard.

Baba abeg who be Funso? Abi na Kolawole Mensah

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Why call him deadass then?

Oh It's a slang, it just means I support your statement 101%.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
joeace2020:

Baba abeg who be Funso? Abi na Kolawole Mensah
That's how you guys underrate our players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
Cenk Ergun (Galatasaray sporting director): “There will be surprises, we are in talks with Fellaini. We have made an approach, we are close. If we get Fellaini we'll end our pursuit of N’Diaye. We need a player like Fellaini who can shuttle around in midfield.

[via www.ajansspor.com]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
joeace2020:

All I see is a lot of Ifs. You can put a positive spin on the current squad all you want. The squad as it currently is, is not better than the squad that started last season. We've added Lukaku and Lindelof. Are they really upgrades over zlatan and Rojo for example? We can be hopeful of course but as it stands this squad is not really good enough at the highest level because it hasn't shown it deserves to hang with the Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern. Please don't put any stock in preseason results. I want to see something special from this squad we're massively investing in. Its not there at the moment but let's see if we get it before the window ends. I don't like the look of the other trams around us in the premier league either. Only city look like they be dangerous if Pep fixes their backline otherwise the premier league will be also-rans again in Europe. Not talking about Europa league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
Vanquay:

Oh It's a slang, it just means I support your statement 101%.

Oh.. my bad... i think if we still had scheiderlin, we won't be looking so desperate to reinforce the midfield....

As for the RW, Ed slacked as usual and Juve signed Bernardeschi sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
elampiro:

lol
Adreas Pereira, Fosu-Mensah and Axel Tuanzebe will be given adequate chances this season I believe.
somebody raised Anthony Martial concerns as a reason for not possibly wanting Neymar Jr. and maybe I agree a bit but Neymar Jr. can play anywhere across the front line as well as in attack midfield. a situation can be created in the team where quality substitutes quality.

see how poor the left side defence has looked when Luke Shaw is out despite having a thousand players who can move in there, or replacing Michael Carrick/Paul Pogba with M. Fellaini. I honestly like all these guys to remain but right now this team is more quantity than quality. if we continue to look at the money then that's a shame, one year on and Paul Pogba fee is no more looking ridiculous.

I still maintain that a club like this should be after the best AVAILABLE legs out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
Selling Fellaini would mean we now have to get 2 midfielders.
Otherwise our senior midfield options would be Pogba, Herrera and Pa carrick. That doesn't sound so nice tbh.
Except Jose is planning on relying heavily on perreira, fosu mensah and mctominay, which would be a good huge and frankly unnecessary gamble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2017
As much as I don't like seeing Fellaini on the pitch, he has his days, especially in physical matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Oh.. my bad... i think if we still had scheiderlin, we won't be looking so desperate to reinforce the midfield....

As for the RW, Ed slacked as usual and Juve signed Bernardeschi sad

Yeah selling Him was a misrake,
I don't even know how Fellaini was rated higher than him, that Belgian tree is like a boil that refuses to leave...Man I'm so fed up of Woodward, At this point just sign anyone I don't care, Any buy we make on that RW is an upgrade to lingard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
Vanquay:

Yeah selling Him was a misrake,
I don't even know how Fellaini was rated higher than him, that Belgian tree is like a boil that refuses to leave...Man I'm so fed up of Woodward, At this point just sign anyone I don't care, Any buy we make on that RW is an upgrade to lingard.

Ikr grin grin ....

Btw, who else saw that Kondogbia own goal? cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Ikr grin grin ....

shekpe sef! Lol....that own goal was out of this world....but check out what perisic brings to the left via his performance in the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG5NjOeMvik
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Ikr grin grin ....

is there anything like pukas own goal grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4301) (4302) (4303) (4304) (4305) (4306) (4307) ... (14201) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: nitrogen(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.