Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8730458 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4388) (4389) (4390) (4391) (4392) (4393) (4394) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
hensben:
You are just been foolish here and I am not sorry to say this. Benfica best team in Portuguese league after Porto( it is debatable though), Porto and benfica are just like Bayern Munich and Dortmund. You keep chipping in team achievement into this discourse just to sound intelligent but you are not. Christensen played in ucl for Borusia Mochenglabach. Here is him against mighty Barcelona;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPVzRpNSw_Y
Hensben, am done with this discussion. Christensen is a good young player. I like him and I wish him the best in his career. But comparing him and lindelof is just criminal. It doesn't matter if Benfica is a big club or or and mochenglabach is not. Lindelof was part of the defence that won 3 consecutive tittles in Benfica.
I don't like trading insults and av insulted you enough. When he's achieved what Lindelof z been able to achieve in his career, then come let's talk. Until then, Am done.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
pharod:

Funlord will be very happy to hear this...

grin grin grin

I Happy die......As you can see funlord scouting services are still number one....let me boogie down with joy!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
pharod:

Funlord will be very happy to hear this...
Lol True
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2017
funlord:

grin grin grin

I Happy die......As you can see funlord scouting services are still number one....let me boogie down with joy!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
pharod:

Hensben, am done with this discussion. Christensen is a good young player. I like him and I wish him the best in his career. But comparing him and lindelof is just criminal. It doesn't matter if Benfica is a big club or or and mochenglabach is not. Lindelof was part of the defence that won 3 consecutive tittles in Benfica.
I don't like trading insults and av insulted you enough. When he's achieved what Lindelof z been able to achieve in his career, then come let's talk. Until then, Am done.

To be fair, winning Portuguese league is not really an achievement.

It's on the same level as Belgian league or Ukranian league and is even ranked lower than the Russian league by Uefa coefficient.

It doesn't really make sense to be comparing a player in Bundesliga to a player on Portugal and claiming the Portuguese player is better cos he won the league there - that's like comparing someone who plays in midtable EPL to someone who plays in League 1 and saying the League 1 player is better cos he won that league.

I'm not getting involved in comparing both players though, just pointing out a flaw in the metric of comparison.

Portuguese league until 2 years ago only had like 15 teams sef.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
Nihilist:

It's on the same level as Belgian league or Ukranian league and is even ranked lower than the Russian league by Uefa coefficient.

It doesn't really make sense to be comparing a player in Bundesliga to a player on Portugal and claiming the Portuguese player is better cos he won the league there - that's like comparing someone who plays in midtable EPL to someone who plays in League 1 and saying the League 1 player is better cos he won that league.

I'm not getting involved in comparing both players though, just pointing out a flaw in the metric of comparison.

That was part of the reason why I agreed to go down to individual achievements..

ALL sentiments aside, who do u think is the better player?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
pharod:

That was part of the reason why I agreed to go down to individual achievements..

ALL sentiments aside, who do u think is the better player?

Honestly, I think Christensen. He got race reviews against spurs on his debut and that was a baptism of fire. Based on the preseason comments on this thread, Lindelof isn't trusted by your fellow fans, or Jose for that matter.

Maybe the gulf in quality between EPL and Bundesliga is not as vast as the gulf between EPL and Portuguese league.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
What is it with this new fascination with comparing players of both clubs. People are now comparing bench players and insulting themselves on top. Christensen and Lindelof? How many full matches of both have you guys seen to now litter this place with all these "o gawd" posts?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
afrodoc2:

What is it with this new fascination with comparing players of both clubs. People are now comparing bench players and insulting themselves on top. Christensen and Lindelof? How many full matches of both have you guys seen to now litter this place with all these "o gawd" posts?

The thing don tire me. Before matches, on match days, during matches, and even after matches, all I keep reading is various comparisons. It's not like the season had gone deep like say the first half of the season is gone. Just with 2 matches and people are already comparing players whose season performances are yet to be ascertained.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
Nihilist:

Honestly, I think Christensen. He got race reviews against spurs on his debut and that was a baptism of fire. Based on the preseason comments on this thread, Lindelof isn't trusted by your fellow fans, or Jose for that matter.

Maybe the gulf in quality between EPL and Bundesliga is not as vast as the gulf between EPL and Portuguese league.
This is based on the match Christiana z played for CFC this season in the EPL. I don't think that is fair judging by the fans view of a player when he is yet to play a competitive game in the league. Preseason is what it is.. Preseason. Afterall if we are to judge Bakayoko based on Ibime's view, he will never play for any top team in the league again.
But it's all good. We will revisit this issue again at the end of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
hensben:
You are just been foolish here and I am not sorry to say this. Benfica best team in Portuguese league after Porto( it is debatable though), Porto and benfica are just like Bayern Munich and Dortmund. You keep chipping in team achievement into this discourse just to sound intelligent but you are not. Christensen played in ucl for Borusia Mochenglabach. Here is him against mighty Barcelona;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPVzRpNSw_Y

What is it with you and mumu arguments na? Just be filling up our pages with rubbish. You have been beaten blue black accept it. You are showing us a champions league match... one freaking match in which you think Christina played well but UEFA is telling us that Lindelof made breakthrough champions league team of the season. Every season more than a thousand teams across Europe and around the world select a player of the year but does that make a Liepzig player of the year who won nothing better than a Barcelona players of the year with just a cop del rey trophy or an Arsenal player of the year with just an FA cup? Nobody gave a shit about our player of the year when we won nothing because WE WON NOTHING! When it comes to lopsided arguments its okay to call Lindelof who was best defender in a title winning club and season be it in Portugal a flop while some unknown entity who dazzled in a team who won jack is better because he played in Germany where Bayern Munich has been raping everybody since i was born. What did Mochenglabach win with Christina? How many tournament successes did he lead them to? Please remove your rose tinted glass so you can see clearly.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
Nihilist:

Really? A ligue 1 player that won the league isn't better than a player player from Westbrom because he plays in the French league you dont watch and don't care about? So Rondon, Gabiadinni, Llorente are better than Mbappe because the English league has more UEFA coefficient than Ligue 1 even though Monaco are consistent challengers in the champions league with a rich European history while your mid-table English clubs are not even good enough for Europa with their kick and follow football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
joeace2020:

Really? A ligue 1 player that won the league isn't better than a player player from Westbrom because he plays in the French league you dont watch and don't care about? So Rondon, Gabiadinni, Llorente are better than Mbappe because the English league has more UEFA coefficient than Ligue 1 even though Monaco are consistent challengers in the champions league with a rich European history while your mid-table English clubs are not even good enough for Europa with their kick and follow football.

You just dey bé like Puma. Read the post you quoted again

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
joeace2020:

League one is the third tier in England, ligue one is the french league top tier. SCUMMY
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2017
Nihilist:

Nihilist:

You just dey bé like Puma. Read the post you quoted again

What is it that i don't understand with that statement. Please explain so I'll understand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
Nihilist:

What do you mean by trusted? If Cahill was not on suspension and Luiz had to move to midfield, you think Chris will smell the team sheet?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
pamcode:
League one is the third tier in England, ligue one is the french league top tier. SCUMMY

Read what you wrote again and ask yourself "Do i have sense?". Obviously the answer is no. Nothing meaningful is expected from a gayner.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 8:23pm On Aug 21, 2017
eph12:

What is the highlight of your own career abi you don't have one?

Oh wooow...Just wooow!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
Shaw and Young played in our reserve team tonight. Good news for that left back position that we have been playing slow grandpa's
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
Still finding it hard to believe this is Silva. This new haircut makes it look like Pep just signed Iniesta. smiley

Rooney slotting in well and comfortably in Everton. They have many young players who are willing to press for the ball so his workload is reduced.

Pensioner.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
Almost every team in the EPL now plays with 3 at the back. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
Who they roll on the floor for that Rooney goal grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
Rooney putting sand in Pep's garri.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
chrisley024:

Fernadinho grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
Leyqute:
Rooney putting sand in Pep's garri.
See how Kompany and Fernandinho were deleted there grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
chrisley024:

Fernandinho go carry "monkey nyash" go house today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
chrisley024:
See how Kompany and Fernandinho were deleted there grin

Shamelessly grin

In their defense, they were played " out of position"

cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

And you take that pygmy serious? SMH
You sounded pained though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
Kyle walker is a good example of a foolish footballer. First yellow undeserved, second yellow very deserved.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
Imagine if Rooney outscores Lukaku shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
From Manchester united to Everton... Wayne Rooney! grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
SetrakusRa:
Imagine if Rooney outscores Lukaku shocked
Glad he's already out scoring Morufat

(1) (2) (3) ... (4388) (4389) (4390) (4391) (4392) (4393) (4394) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.