Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,164 members, 7,860,171 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8858937 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4473) (4474) (4475) (4476) (4477) (4478) (4479) ... (14213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
elrony:

You don't come to my thread and include me in some washed up categorization of yours, I will not take that bro!!!

You dey try by replying some of these frustrated otondos! You no see one creature when carry one strange afonja cone name just come dey smile like fool for my empty mention this morning like mental patient? How man wan begin reason with that kind animal abeg? Na straight to tubu I just send am! Some of these children no worth am baba! Ignore that thing!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2017
@larride the jury is still out on city. They are soaring at the moment though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2017
Tottenham held again. Wembley curse upon dem. The games tomorrow wud tell me d major contenders for top 4.

Looking forward to Chelsea/Arsenal. Hope Chelsea get beat up, I really don't see Arsenal as competition this season. They have too many issues.

Manutd/Everton we need a 6-1, Lukaku hatrick. One goal by Wazza to compensate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2017
Wura27:

Tottenham held again. Wembley curse upon dem. The games tomorrow wud tell me d major contenders for top 4.

Looking forward to Chelsea/Arsenal. Hope Chelsea get beat up, I really don't see Arsenal as competition this season. They have too many issues.

Manutd/Everton we need a 6-1, Lukaku hatrick. One goal by Wazza to compensate.
I swear. I just need a high scoring game to boost confidence. Dont really care what all those haters or mumu pundits ve to say.
City score 6 against Watford now, everyone is shouting about how they are contenders. If we score same 6 against Everton tomorrow, dem go begin yarn how Everton is not a big team

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:30pm On Sep 16, 2017
We need a win. 1-0 will do. I think our upper limit is 4-0 and I don't think Everton will be that open. I expect them to come and be tight and their keeper is good. So I'll take any narrow win.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2017
Lana1:

City score 6 against Watford now, everyone is shouting about how they are contenders. If we score same 6 against Everton tomorrow, dem go begin yarn how Everton is not a big team
Don't you know people can sacrifice their balls if that ensures United don't win the title? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2017
MRTA7:
We need a win. 1-0 will do. I think our upper limit is 4-0 and I don't think Everton will be that open. I expect them to come and be tight and their keeper is good. So I'll take any narrow win.

Exactly. We only need the three points. 1-0. 2-0. e no matter.

I just pray Everton continue with their horrible form. They won't be easy to dismantle if they decide to sit up. THey've put together a string of pathetic performances and might decide to repent starting from tomorrow. Awon oloshious someboddy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
Three points is the koko... if it comes in odd form, i'll accept it and if flood gate opens, the team just take the chances. This team is okay-right personel with the right formation will definitely guarantee three points!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
Leyqute:

You can say L'pool's defence is horrid and their midfield is mediocre but you will be wrong if you say their attack is poor.

Mane and Salah are Liverpool players. They are part of what makes Liverpool Liverpool, hence you can't judge Liverpool without them. Every team has good players oiling their engines. Barca has Messi. Arsenal has Sanchez. City has Aguero. Tottenham has Harry Kane. Together with Mane and Salah, Liverpool are dangerous, especially on the counter.

About Solanke. He might not be a spectacular player to you or any other person. He might not have a good track record or the potential to be a great player in the future but today when he came on, he caused trouble for Burnely. Combining with Milner and a handful of other L'pool players, he threatened and could've gotten a goal if his kick didn't hit the upright.

Right from the bat you won't pen them down as contenders but if a team like Liverpool or Tottenham start strong and are leading the table by December, you'd agree they could win the league by the end of the season. Tottenham were contenders last season but they weren't favorites and they dropped points towards the end of the league. Liverpool beat most teams in the top four last season and if they didn't drop unnecessary points against lowly-ranked teams, they'd be right there at the end battling it out with Chelsea.

You might say they aren't favorites but don't say they can never be title contenders.

I understand your point of view perfectly but I just don't see pool as title contenders, as magnificent as Tottenham is when it comes to choking, I will rate them over pool anytime any day.

Why Mane and Salah flashes for pool you could barely call them world beaters or world class players but you can call all those you mentioned either world beaters or world class players. There's no way f3cking Solanke will drag them anywhere to the top when push comes to shove.

Mane
Salah
Firmino
Sturridge
Solanke

Compare this attack with other top team attack and you will know you these guys are grade A pretenders.

Anyway let's agree to disagree
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
SailorXY:
Don't you know people can sacrifice their balls if that ensures United don't win the title? grin grin grin
Lol. Its just very annoying how they downplay us every season. Na SAF wey retire give them mouth
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2017
Leyqute:
@larride the jury is still out on city. They are soaring at the moment though.

Absolutely!!! No one can deny that they are in top form but they started like this also last season, there's still 35 game week ahead. They are strong title contenders and favorite but I don't see them winning the league. It's going to be between Chelsea and Utd.

As strong headed as Mou is, he knows when to attack and when to defend (tho he over does it sometimes) and knows how to grind out points. I believe him and Conte are quite tactically flexible and that's what wins the league over the course of the race. I'm staking my money on Chelsea or Utd.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2017
funlord:

You dey try by replying some of these frustrated otondos! You no see one creature when carry one strange afonja cone name just come dey smile like fool for my empty mention this morning like mental patient? How man wan begin reason with that kind animal abeg? Na straight to tubu I just send am! Some of these children no worth am baba! Ignore that thing!

That Afonja Cone Head na fool.. I see the quote come dey wonder wetin the guy dey try quote grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:41am On Sep 17, 2017
Match day!!!

3 point is all I need. whether we win 1 nil or 5 nil. 3pts is the koko. Mou better respect himself today.

GGMU

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziOmenuko: 8:22am On Sep 17, 2017
Harry Redknap sacked by Birmingham City after 6 straight loss.

I am sure he will be back as a TV pundit running mouth like say the game is easy. It's easier to talk than to act.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 8:38am On Sep 17, 2017
MRTA7:
I don't really care about the scoreline as long as we win but why do you think 4-0 is man utd's limit?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2017
elrony:

That Afonja Cone Head na fool.. I see the quote come dey wonder wetin the guy dey try quote grin grin
Na those sweaters him dey try quote
. But na the grin I no come understand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 8:59am On Sep 17, 2017
So i just watched the man city vs Watford game and both Aguero's first goal and jesus' goal were offside. Two offside goals and one pen and everyone is chanting their praise like they are the best thing since sex without condom? S.M.H

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 9:37am On Sep 17, 2017
Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2017
Pogba out for 12 weeks (3 months).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2017
kelvinze:

angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:35am On Sep 17, 2017
na six weeks me here o.

everton go frustrate pesin,na so our match dey go.
make we sha win.
have to be careful with how we go dey hack their players,na everton Siggy dey now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:07am On Sep 17, 2017
LoRdCaT:
So i just watched the man city vs Watford game and both Aguero's first goal and jesus' goal were offside. Two offside goals and one pen and everyone is chanting their praise like they are the best thing since sex without condom? S.M.H
Jesus has been scoring quite a few offside goals recently. Na why i talk say no need to dey fret over City. The other day, they were scoring in 97 mins vs Bournemouth when added time was 95mins. Yet nobody go come shout PDP for them.

And as expected, ignorant Chelsea fans on twitter ve been going on about how he's better than Rashford. I honestly dont understand that fanbase and how they reason.

When they no even get any youngsters of their own, how wont they be dragging other people's youngsters....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MoR2(m): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2017
Lana1:
Jesus has been scoring quite a few offside goals recently. Na why i talk say no need to dey fret over City. The other day, they were scoring in 97 mins vs Bournemouth when added time was 95mins. Yet nobody go come shout PDP for them.

And as expected, ignorant Chelsea fans on twitter ve been going on about how he's better than Rashford. I honestly dont understand that fanbase and how they reason.

When they no even get any youngsters of their own, how wont they be dragging other people's youngsters....
so if by mistake they make you a manager and you could only pick one out of Rashford or G.Jesus?

you would pick Rashford!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MoR2(m): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2017
kelvinze:
small small, where u hear this kin lie from sef, so from a 6week injury and an expected return ending of october as turn to next year?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 11:38am On Sep 17, 2017
MoR2:

small small, where u hear this kin lie from sef, so from a 6week injury and an expected return ending of october as turn to next year?
I believed it was 6 weeks ...buh wen I checked d latest news...de confirmed it as 3 months ...you can check for yrself
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
larride:

I understand your point of view perfectly but I just don't see pool as title contenders, as magnificent as Tottenham is when it comes to choking, I will rate them over pool anytime any day.

Why Mane and Salah flashes for pool you could barely call them world beaters or world class players but you can call all those you mentioned either world beaters or world class players. There's no way f3cking Solanke will drag them anywhere to the top when push comes to shove.

Mane
Salah
Firmino
Sturridge
Solanke

Compare this attack with other top team attack and you will know you these guys are grade A pretenders.

Anyway let's agree to disagree

Alright. But note that my point is that they are not favorites but could be contenders if things go their way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
Lana1:

Is Christensen not a young star.. me and you know English players are overrated. Gabriel Jesus is definitely better than Rashford. Rashford won't even see bench in Brazilian national team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2017
Lana1:

The way you keep going on and on about City it appears you are even more worried than you are letting on.

That Bournemouth game was stopped by the ref in the 86th minute mark and restarted in the 89th. That is 3mins. Then Mike stopped the clock again in the 90th to address Pep and Eddie. The added time board at this point was raised showing 5mins. Mike after talking to both coaches restarted the game at the 91st min mark.

So my question to you is - who will account for the extra 4/5mins when the Ref stopped the game?

If he ended that game at the 95th min mark, it would mean he did not account for the time in which he himself stopped the game. That is why he ended the game at the 102nd min (to account for Sterling's red and goal celebration).

So did Walker deserve a red at the 40th min against Everton FC?
If Sterling deserved a red going by the books, why did Mike not book all the other City players that went to the crowd with Sterling?

Let me bring it home to your team. Was Lukaku's missed penalty deserved? What about Fellaini's goal against the same Leicester - was he not offside?

There is no way to spin this narrative in a way that does not robe your team in. You can't beat West Ham, Swansea, Leicester but lose (Real Madrid) and then draw (Stoke away) the two tough fixtures you have had but declare "Jury in" for your team and then flip the script for City on the back of pumelling 2 teams that were yet to lose prior to playing them coupled with being in great form.

Nah, it does not work that way.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
Man u players no dey ever better pass any player.
Even fans for here dey always look down on wetyn dem get.
How will u say a nobody is better dan rashford. Wen him start ball. Rashford wen dey score, dey dribble. If anybody try me here.

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
Any win is good enough for me, any win over s good enough for me. If dem win 1:0 now we no go here word again o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
hensben:
Is Christensen not a young star.. me and you know English players are overrated. Gabriel Jesus is definitely better than Rashford. Rashford won't even see bench in Brazilian national team.
Say that again...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
MoR2:

so if by mistake they make you a manager and you could only pick one out of Rashford or G.Jesus?

you would pick Rashford!
abeg carry your dick measuring tape comot here

hensbrains everywhere

(1) (2) (3) ... (4473) (4474) (4475) (4476) (4477) (4478) (4479) ... (14213) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Joezinho and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.