Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8834410 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4517) (4518) (4519) (4520) (4521) (4522) (4523) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
stylochime:
Chairmen, with the sh!T Mkhi has been serving us the last two matches why can‘t Mou just go all out and play Rashford nd Martial against CSKA ? One of either Mkhi or Mata can den come in if we seem to struggle wit chance creation.

Nice Lineup but swap Jones with Lindelof. I do not trust Lindeof playing centrally, in fact I wouldn't mind Blind in the back 3 instead of him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
diggz:

Ole..! You guys can have the ghost...we will take sanchez tongue

grin

Chai!

You wanna see a star Player like him on the Bench, coz who do you wanna sacrifice in Chelsea first XI to accommodate him?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
obainojazz:
especially Sanchez.

grin

I'm ain't a greedy Person, but I wouldn't mind the Two - if they are available and willing to play for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Chai!

You wanna see a star Player like him on the Bench, coz who do you wanna sacrifice in Chelsea first XI to accommodate him?!

Willian/pedro and not to forget he can play 9 too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MoR2(m): 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
LoRdCaT:
What fvckery is this?
The reality you hate to admit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
diggz:

Willian/pedro and not to forget he can play 9 too.

grin

You've got an Hattrick Hero as a 9. Pedro ain't doing bad and love by Conte coz he's scoring and assisting. What else?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

You've got an Hattrick Hero as a 9. Pedro ain't doing bad and love by Conte coz he's scoring and assisting. What else?!

Na so....barca shouldnt have bothered trying to replace neymar since they have suarez and god Messi grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

I'm ain't a greedy Person, but I wouldn't mind the Two - if they are available and willing to play for us.

They will play for eyimba as long as they can sort their wages... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2017
diggz:

Na so....barca shouldnt have bothered trying to replace neymar since they have suarez and god Messi grin

grin

Barca need immediate Replacement for Neymar, who are you replacing in your Team with Sanchez?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Barca need immediate Replacement for Neymar, who are you replacing in your Team with Sanchez?!

Willian or pedro and we also need extra body for the no.9 position grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HeyBigHead: 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
obainojazz:
grin Now to all man utd fans here, who would you prefer to be our 10?
Ozil or mikhi.? I prefer Ozil

funlord, sinizia, heybighead, afrodoc2, eph12, joeace2020 and everyone not mentioned.

Mikitaryan can be lethargic at times, Goal will be wide open like those Harlots a fool here fvcks yet he will still miss, Last season his assists were just there with the occasional flash of brilliance,
This season our first decent opposition in Southampton and he vanished, Shìt got me thinking is he Houdini?

As for Ozil...All farmers fear him which is nice and all but last time I checked Farmers arent plenty in the Champions leagues...Also everyone in Arsenal wants out from Oxlade to Sanchez and now ozil...Oxlade has left and what was the result? He got my mans Jurgen Klopp scratching his head, I would rather not have Players that have been "Wengerized"

Sooo For all his Faults Mikitaryan is fine, I don't think we need another number 10 considering we already have Mata Miki even Pogba can play it.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
HeyBigHead:

Mikitaryan can be lethargic at times, Goal will be wide open like those Harlots a fool here fvcks yet he will still miss, Last season his assists were just there with the occasional flash of brilliance,
This season our first decent opposition in Southampton and he vanished, Shìt got me thinking is he Houdini?

As for Ozil...All farmers fear him which is nice and all but last time I checked Farmers arent plenty in the Champions leagues...Also everyone in Arsenal wants out from Oxlade to Sanchez and now ozil...Oxlade has left and what was the result? He got my mans Jurgen Klopp scratching his head, I would rather not have Players that have been "Wengerized"

Sooo For all his Faults Mikitaryan is fine, I don't think we need another number 10 considering we already have Mata Miki even Pogba can play it.
Nice one. We'll judge him when season ends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
HeyBigHead:

[b][i]Mikitaryan can be lethargic at times, Goal will be wide open like those Harlots a fool here fvcks yet he will still miss, [/b]Last season his assists were just there with the occasional flash of brilliance,

Sooo For all his Faults Mikitaryan is fine, I don't think we need another number 10 considering we already have Mata Miki even Pogba can play it.[/i]

cheesy cheesy cheesy Vanquay my niqqa grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2017
ChristineC:
what do you mean by shelved their weakness?

City had defensive issues to go with converting chances of the many they created. They missed Kompany's leadership; their full backs had aged considerably and were slow. Their keeper was always caught in La La land and they struggled atimes without Silva.

This season Pep fixed the full back issues with Mendy, Walker and Danilo. Vincent is back and albeit out again, the prognosis is not bad. Bernado will comfortably replace David Silva in case of an injury thus making the team as dynamic as Pep needs them to be. They have had more time with him - it is evident plus they are finishing their chances atleast better than last season. Sterling, Sané, Gab and Aguero are on course to outdoing their last season's totals. They have Ederson a pellucidly better keeper than Bravo.

United on the other hand, were good defensively partly because Mou likes to build his team from the back but they were not as creative as they needed to be. The corollary effect of their lack of creativity was their low output goal wise. Pogba, who was to be the chief creator looked out of sorts possibly because he was saddled with too much to do; create, defend, score.

Now Mou has Matic who is tall and powerful enough to free Pogba of his defensive duties. Lukaku is a more powerful striker than Zlatan as he would run in behind the defence of many teams thus giving his midfielders options in terms of trying to assist him. The team is looking more like his own with defensive reinforcements in Linderlof and Jones (who looks rejuvenated). Plus, they have played with Mou for 1 full season - so they know his game. Mhiki, Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford and Martial are already putting in the goals. Whether they would do enough to tip the scale in United's favour is what I doubt based on what I have seen.

The synopsis is, both City and United don't have the same personnel weaknesses they had last season. Only terrible injuries to many key players and managerial gaffes will be the undoing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
When I say things, it's usually something I've observed over a long time that keeps repeating itself and one that if care is not taken, will clear a path for more anguish showings in future.

Last season, I can't remember correctly but I think it's in a match against Wig :Pan. In that match I complained how we played so disgustingly despite that we won. Some people said 3 points was all that matters, but in the next two matches that followed after that match, we played poorly and drew those matches.

I complained also how Mourinho set up to defend from the beginning against City in the returning match last season, saying at least we'd have tried to take them on before judging if should defend or not. Same applied to the Arsenal match, the returning leg that is. Mourinho's second plan is usually defend, defend, defend. Against INFERIOR sides, any fear that things are not going fine, Mourinho locks up the shop. I'm not saying it's a wrong tactic, but not against inferior sides and so early in the game. If it's against top sides, it's understandable, but coming with a defensive mindset against a mediocre Stoke beats my imagination.

Below is an article that buttressed all I've observed and written here in the past, and I didn't read the article beforehand (it's posted today) or personally know the writer to know these things.

Mourinho was right in saying that
Manchester United did not win last season but that is not why the 1-0 victory over Southampton could end up telling a lot about whether they can finally win the title again. There was a crux issue in this match that could well be the key to their entire campaign.

Because, buried in all of the comments and fully justifiable controversy about the Romelu Lukaku chant, there was a rather revelatory statement from the Portuguese.

“We had opportunities in the first half to score the second goal and then the game is different,” Mourinho said. “Lukaku and [Ander] Herrera, too, and if we’d done that I would have brought on [Anthony] Martial and [Jesse] Lingard and go for a different result.”

Instead, he went the same way he nearly always does, and looked to lock things down against an inferior side that United had been dominating.

It stood out all the more this season because Mourinho’s attack have been so free-scoring… when they have got that second goal in games against West Ham United, Swansea City and Everton. Those sides collapsed, but also because United finally had the confidence to really go for it, to let players like Martial really play.

[b]While it would obviously be an exaggeration to say that the nature of those wins made the supposed high level of those performances somewhat illusory, it doesn’t mean that they didn’t exaggerate United’s actual level. This is also why there remain some doubts about the side’s true standards right now, why some still aren’t getting carried away with a properly impressive return of five wins and one draw from six games.

There remains the slight feeling that circumstances in a short sample of games played into their hands, and meant events allowed people to overlook remaining questions with the team. One of them was evident in this Southampton match, and in Mourinho’s comment. In an era when goal averages are at a high, and the norm is expansive football, why does one of the game’s best managers and one of the Premier League’s best teams rein it in when it comes right down to it? Why still close it down? It did seem to put United under unnecessary pressure, and the three points in doubt, and that against a side that has now failed to score in 10 of their last 13 home games. The wonder is still how that will play out in the long term, when Manchester City and Chelsea genuinely play a more open game - and appear to be making more chances.

Martial arguably personifies this entire issue. Sure, the stats might state he’s played every second game this season, but he has only started one league game - and that is United’s priority. Given how brilliant he’s looked, how much he elevates United’s attack, the question is what he has to do to start… other than seemingly changing his name or his entire game, so that it is based on defensively responsibility rather than attacking risk?

It comes right down to a philosophical view, really. At 1-0, do you have the trust to go for it, or the caution to rein it in?

The question could well decide the title - and it came close to deciding this game[/b]

This was why I've not been carried away by our performances. Yes, we can only win what's in our front, and we've improved a whole lot when compared to last season, and this team is more better than the previous ones; but my fear is the way we're going to play when we meet top teams. Will Mourinho set up to defend from the start instead of falling back to that plan at reasonable time during the match or in the scenario we're one man down? Are we going to resort to locking up shops even against inferior sides we'd be confident enough to attack and destroy? This is why I don't see us favorites, our philosophy against other teams will convince me of that, for now, it hasn't.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
3 points against Wigan ke? ^^^^
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2017
KingTom:
3 points against Wigan ke? ^^^^
Not in the EPL. Is EPL the competition we played last season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
sinizia:

Not in the EPL. Is EPL the competition we played last season?
me sef I'm confused I only remember a 4-0 win against Wigan in the FA cup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
KingTom:
me sef I'm confused I only remember a 4-0 win against Wigan in the FA cup

That's why I mentioned I can't remember that particular match but I guessed it to be Wigan. And I also said we won that match but our display was pathetic. The scoreline wasn't were my emphasis was on, it's on the display.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
Kingtom, if I had the time and skills, I'd have dug out my posts on that particular match. I think Lana1 complained on that day too but we won the match. If I get chance, I'll try to find out the exact match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
sinizia:

That's why I mentioned I can't remember that particular match but I guessed it to be Wigan. And I also said we won that match but our display was pathetic. The scoreline wasn't were my emphasis was on, it's on the display.
I get your point to be honest there were so many abysmal performances last season ironically the ones we played poorly we won and the ones we played fantastically we drew. All in all I think we should hang on to our seatbelts and see what happens in the next game. Like you I was not particularly impressed with the performance against Southampton but on to the next one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2017
sinizia:
Kingto..m, if I had the time and skills, I'd have dug out my posts on that particular match. I think Lana1 complained on that day too but we won the match. If I get chance, I'll try to find out the exact match.
No problem bro I understand what you're saying and I agree wih you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2017
sinizia:
Kingtom, if I had the time and skills, I'd have dug out my posts on that particular match. I think Lana1 complained on that day too but we won the match. If I get chance, I'll try to find out the exact match.

bro I'm sorry to say,but Manchester united isn't d first team mou has managed..every body in life or certain professions have an ideology about how things work for them..
there is a saying that different roads lead to the market..
right from mourinhos day at inter,Porto and even Madrid,mou always had that philosophy of being defensive against top sides away from home..even when he was at Chelsea in his second stint when faced against moyes of all people,he still defended at old Trafford without a striker first...
he has a method of doing things overtime that has helped him become one of d best coaches of his generation...even when he had d full attacking talents of Madrid at his disposal,he still defended against big sides away..now I'm not trying to say that I love defending,but since its mourinho we bought,there are certain things to be expected..you can just hope to just get the trophies and winning mentality from him without his usual defensive awareness..
just to give you a heads up,expect this kind of performance against the top teams away this season..its not as if its today we started watching him..
you read excerpts from his post match interview and he clearly stated how it was d direction of the game in which it was going that made him alter his strategy...

in a storm,do you prefer to just continue sailing and hope d storm dies? or you adjust your sails and try to sail your way through..

to b honest this constant bickering of fans complaining of mou defending at times is just frustrating to see...
some united fans are still deluded that this is the fergie era.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HEFaya(m): 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
it seems this ozil transfer come January is legit!... baba refused to sign contract extension
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
The good thing for me is mourinho realises the bad performance and making comments about it. Hopefully he changes. That performance was a no no.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
Fussbot:
The good thing for me is mourinho realises the bad performance and making comments about it. Hopefully he changes. That performance was a no no.

Yimu grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
For Mou to stick to his defensive tactics even while coaching Real Madrid (Expecting Ronaldo, a Ballon D'Or holder at that time to play Wingback), it's over for United grin grin grin...... Martial better find his way out after this season if he really needs that Golden Ball lipsrsealed, Mou can as well get folks like Perisic etc.. who fit his philosophy grin grin grin.. Maybe he would have converted Messi and Neymar to fullbacks if he coached Barca then grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
GloryIsaac:
For Mou to stick to his defensive tactics even while coaching Real Madrid (Expecting Ronaldo, a Ballon D'Or holder at that time to play Wingback), it's over for United grin grin grin...... Martial better find his way out after this season if he really needs that Golden Ball lipsrsealed, Mou can as well get folks like Perisic etc.. who fit his philosophy grin grin grin.. Maybe he would have converted Messi and Neymar to fullbacks if he coached Barca then grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=JayKayMaybachz post=60795794][/quote]

What? grin grin grin

I'm bracing up for more defensive displays against teams like Bournemouth etc... you should also do so cheesy

@Lekkie, just saw that the lethal attack you mentioned in a bid to defend Mou tactics has scored just 4 goals this season lmao!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
GloryIsaac:

What? grin grin grin

I'm bracing up for more defensive displays against teams like Bournemouth etc... you should also do so cheesy

@Lekkie, just saw that the lethal attack you mentioned in a bid to defend Mou tactics has scored just 4 goals this season lmao!
You just been so effing negative.

Tha fvck is so wrong with y'all. Even the manager has reiterated that our play yesterday wasn't cool at all. But we got the 3 points we needed. Let's wait until the end of the season before we crucify Mou. Damn!!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Victornezzar: 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2017
HEFaya:
it seems this ozil transfer come January is legit!... baba refused to sign contract extension
He's mad.....he should better sign that contract....We don't need him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4517) (4518) (4519) (4520) (4521) (4522) (4523) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.