Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,739 members, 7,862,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:58 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8869241 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4582) (4583) (4584) (4585) (4586) (4587) (4588) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
Even Burnley will score 2 goals against that basket defence
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
larride:

Don't you think that we concentrated on their strengths and never exploit their weakness? Everyone knows pool has a shaky defence, why not have a go at it?

Maybe,but the rivalry between Liverpool and United made it safer to play for a draw and catch them on the counter. Unfortunately Lukaku fired the only chance at Mignolet.
Like I said the onus is now on our rivals to go to Anfield and beat Liverpool and get all the three points to the one we gained.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
Dantedasz:

This argument again. Is De gea part of the United defence or not?
De gea is part of the defensive sheild created by Jose to neutralize Liverpool. The onus is now on our fellow title contenders to go to Anfield and beat Liverpool to show they are better than us.
Once again a Mourinho tactical defensive master class and a very precious and valuable point gained.

Oh my God..... How can one be so lipsrsealed?.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ofoegbus(m): 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
Lukaku, Martial, Herrera, Rashford or De Gea? Which Manchester United Player are you? Play here
http://adovat.com/quiz/manchester-united-player-like/ #liverpool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
Mystic1:
Mourinho is a plain id.iot. ruined the whole team . Lukaku go soon frustrate
we got the point so I can't complain too much but mehn Jose ruined what would have been a very sweet 3-5-2!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ofoegbus:
Lukaku, Martial, Herrera, Rashford or De Gea? Which Manchester United Player are you? Play here
http://adovat.com/quiz/manchester-united-player-like/
are you a bot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
Leyqute:

True that. Lukaku should've buried that chance but I'm not even pissed at him for that. It's the fact that he couldn't trouble Liverpool's defenders that irks me. Some strikers shorter and smaller than him would've shown those 2 CBs hell today.

But like you said, shii happens. We cannot come and go and kill awasef.

that's just a fact..lukaku should have done better today honestly...I keep seeing comments that we played against a "poor" Liverpool side..but this kinda of match is not determinant on who's in form or not...
on to thr next match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
I don’t even get that formation to begin with. Good thing I only wasted 30 mins of my life.

No time to waste time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
Mumu team feeling like barcelona and madrid combined cos they have been playing against bunch of farmers.

This team will not see top four.
Quote for future reference.
if them ask you to put money & mouth side by side now you go begin drop spit like epilepsy itself.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2017
larride:

The thing weak me no be small. The tactics was dead on arrival, coupled with terrible players, it's an eyesore. This is 2pt lost.

What's your opinion of Herrera performance?

He worked hard but he was a bit overzealous in his closing down thereby getting beaten easil and also he appeared quite clueless most times he had the ball. However he and Matic had an uphill task considering the tactics and considering the fact that they had invisible man Mikki with them.

These boys obviously practiced only defense all week long because NOBODY had any clue to do with the ball when we won it. There was no plan for attack, no plan for counter attack. The few opportunities we had to initiate quick counter attacks were spoilt by our guys wasting time on the ball until they were under pressure from the Liverpool press then passing the ball back to DDG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2017
maureen & team

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2017
Dantedasz:

Champions League-different tournament from the English premier League.
Different tournament, different tactics.
It is not to play gung-ho football,it is to be tactical. And I assure you the team with the better tactics will win the Premier League this season.
And while you are at it,can you remind me the name of the club David De gea plays for

So the tactics is to depend on your goalie?..... Even Mourinho would be disappointed with the way you're trying to defend him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
No need crying wolf guys....at all at all naim bad pass,

Unto the next match Jare........GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
The scary aspect of all these is we have the champions league to deal with this season. There will not be crap Anderlecht and Celta Vigo teams. Na so we go dey back trailers against any big team we meet? God help us!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
Nihilist:

Mourinho did not totally neutralise nada.

You have DDG to thank for the cleansheet
& how many real saves did de Gea make, excluding the back passes?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
Leyqute:

True that. Lukaku should've buried that chance but I'm not even pissed at him for that. It's the fact that he couldn't trouble Liverpool's defenders that irks me. Some strikers shorter and smaller than him would've shown those 2 CBs hell today.

But like you said, shii happens. We cannot come and go and kill awasef.

Ukaku is not at fault for not troubling their defenders. How's it going to trouble their defenders without help, without the ball, with no assistance?

We're defending and you expect Lukaku to take the ball from defence and dribble Loserfool players? Mourinho isolated Ukaku with his ultradefensive approach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
legend has it that Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford are still in Joe Gomez's pocket. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
afrodoc2:

He worked hard but he was a bit overzealous in his closing down thereby getting beaten easil and also he appeared quite clueless most times he had the ball. However he and Matic had an uphill task considering the tactics and considering the fact that they had invisible man Mikki with them.

These boys obviously practiced only defense all week long because NOBODY had any clue to do with the ball when we won it. There was no plan for attack, no plan for counter attack. The few opportunities we had to initiate quick counter attacks were spoilt by our guys wasting time on the ball until they were under pressure from the Liverpool press then passing the ball back to DDG.

I was very frustrated with Herrera looking clueless on the ball, always in an hurry to release the ball back to either smalling or De gea, it's really annoying considering the fact that fans has been chanting Herrera name to start over Afroman. He didn't do anything to warrant starting Fellaini really, Fellaini also plays with the invisible Miki.

Miki really need to sit his fat ass on the bench. that guy has been unbelievably horrible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
GloryIsaac:

So the tactics is to depend on your goalie?..... Even Mourinho would be disappointed with the way you're trying to defend him.

Then what is the point of playing with a goalkeeper. Why not go gung-ho and play without a goalkeeper and instead play with eleven strikers because you want to score fourgoals in every match.
I repeat the goal keeper In any team is part of the defensive tactics.This is elementary.
I repeat there are at least six teams with genuine title aspirations in this League. Each of them with a world class coach. The difference between these teams is not much. The difference between The coaches is not much. It therfore follows that the coach with the better tactical game plan in the long run will win the league at the end of the season.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
sinizia:

Ukaku is not at fault for not troubling their defenders. How's it going to trouble their defenders without help, without the ball, with no assistance?

We're defending and you expect Lukaku to take the ball from defence and dribble Loserfool players? Mourinho isolated Ukaku with his ultradefensive approach.
thank you chairman.

i was oddly calm throughout the whole match like say i dun know say nothing go happin.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by EvilMetahuman: 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
SailorXY:
if them ask you to put money & mouth side by side now you go begin drop spit like epilepsy itself.
are you trying to take your frustration out on me? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
MetaHuman:
legend has it that Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford are still in Joe Gomez's pocket. grin
shebi this guy na Chelsea fan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
joeace2020:
The scary aspect of all these is we have the champions league to deal with this season. There will not be crap Anderlecht and Celta Vigo teams. Na so we go dey back trailers against any big team we meet? God help us!

If you criticize now, they start singing the "Join another team" anthem....

Lukaku aint clinical at all, it's always after a number of chances missed before he scores but how many of those chances would come in the UCL? especially with these bus tactics... Mhki ghosts immediately the match starts angry ... Midfield looking lost without Pogba (Despite his showboating)...

Good stuff United's got the World's best goalie alongside folks like Valencia and Bailly.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Why is De Gea between the goal post if he cannot be depended on when it matters most?

The way una dey talk sometimes sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
Linkfield:
Mourinho should call his players and stay glued to their TV to watch Chelsea or City so they can learn how to play football
You mean this Chelsea Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
sinizia:

Aerial balls bro. Aerial balls. I was talking about aerial duels, many of which he didn't win.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
All those Chelsea fans don run go mind their biz
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
angry

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
nyabinghi:
the same team van gaal beats anyhow, mourinho is a fraud, always bus parking

Where have you been since? We have been winning matches but you didn't show up.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
me i don reach my limit with micki
infact i don dey reason say make Mata dey start in his place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
are you trying to take your frustration out on me? cheesy

Don't be a b1tch whimp asss nigga. ... put ya money where your halitosis infested mouth is grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4582) (4583) (4584) (4585) (4586) (4587) (4588) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.