Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,469 members, 7,864,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878382 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4592) (4593) (4594) (4595) (4596) (4597) (4598) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:30am On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

You were wrong about Burnley and wrong about Everton, the only 2 i have bothered to check. Who will reimburse me for the lost MB i am using to successfully prove that you got your facts wrong? grin
Are u sure ? Ok oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:32am On Oct 15, 2017
patrickmuf:
My opinion, the personnel was best suited for 3- 5 -2, De Gea - smalling - jones - darmian (3) - val - Herrera - Matic - Young with Miki in front (5) - Martial - Lukaku...
Young was poor on the right and Mou didn't notice it...I'd have preferred to see Miki taken off for Mata and Rashford replacing Young just to give a chance on the counter...

Is that not the same personnel that Mou deployed, you can all bash Mou but neglect Miki that made it possible we played with 1 man down.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:37am On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:
Everton vs Man Utd 2013

Possession Everton 48% Man Utd 52%

Shots Everton 15 Man Utd 18

On target Everton 4 Man Utd 6

Corners Everton 4 Man Utd 7

You saw this and said Fergie parked the bus? cheesy cheesy
. Sorry it was a mistake I wanted to say Everton vs Man United 2011/2012 Season when Chicharito scored one early goal like that. My point is Fergie also don't go gong ho in all his matches Even versus lesser opposition
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2017
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:40am On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

Are u sure ? Ok oo

Yep. In those 2 matches we had more possession, more corners, more shots at goal and more shots on target. It is not every match that we lost or played badly under Fergie that we parked the bus in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:43am On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

Is that not the same personnel that Mou deployed, you can all bash Mou but neglect Miki that made it possible we played with 1 man down.
Young has been excellent on the left as LB, why change that? I just showed you how else you could have lined up using the 3-5-2 formation...
He kept on talking about Pace and power and no reference to brains where Mata would have been useful...Sorry I have to reference City and Pep here, Mou will most likely consider KDB and SILVA as not suited for games like yesterday but Pep will rather play them in a bid to neutralize the pace of Pool using brains...For all of Lingard and Rashford's pace, they don't give us the control and guile that Martial and Mata offers...Mou's post match presser shows he was all up for stopping Liverpool intead of hurting them...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:43am On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:
. Sorry it was a mistake I wanted to say Everton vs Man United 2011/2012 Season when Chicharito scored one early goal like that. My point is Fergie also don't go gong ho in all his matches Even versus lesser opposition

Nobody is asking JM to go gung-ho in every game. You people should stop making it seem like there are only 2 options i.e gung-ho attack or park the bus. What about having a balanced or even cautious approach away from home but mixed with some attacking drives or counter attacks?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:47am On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

Yep. In those 2 matches we had more possession, more corners, more shots at goal and more shots on target. It si not every match that we lost or played badly under Fergie that we parked the bus in.

I know I wasn't even referencing the games we lost, we won Everton in 2012 Season but once Chicharito scored earlier they dominated us, same with Southampton around that time once Rooney has given us the lead. Vs Norwich etc. My issue with those condemning mourinho is saying he packs the bus without any plan. Honestly it's unfair to him. Since he came to United how many matches have he actually packed the bus? If you check it it's not up to 5. We have scored over 30 goals this season and conceded just 4. Getting a goalless point at Anfield is not bad at all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

Nobody is asking JM to go gung-ho in every game. You people should stop making it seem like there are only 2 options i.e gung-ho attack or park the bus. What about having a balanced or even cautious approach away from home but mixed with some attacking drives or counter attacks?

How many matches in over a year that jose has been with us have he packed the bus outrightly witgout any attacking drive or counter attack?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 11:52am On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

Everton vs Man United 2013 Season.

We lost the game 1-0 at Goodison park...

Here is an excerpt from the match report..

Manchester United were the better side in the second half by a long way. But Everton for their first-half display, and for the way they defended in the second half, just about deserved it. I think this is the season when if anyone's going to get close to the top four, it's Everton."
United were without Rio Ferdinand, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans - and how Everton exploited the weakness
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:56am On Oct 15, 2017
patrickmuf:
Young has been excellent on the left as LB, why change that? I just showed you how else you could have lined up using the 3-5-2 formation...
He kept on talking about Pace and power and no reference to brains where Mata would have been useful...Sorry I have to reference City and Pep here, Mou will most likely consider KDB and SILVA as not suited for games like yesterday but Pep will rather play them in a bid to neutralize the pace of Pool using brains...For all of Lingard and Rashford's pace, they don't give us the control and guile that Martial and Mata offers...Mou's post match presser shows he was all up for stopping Liverpool intead of hurting them...

Me and you know that playing Darmain at CB is risky business, scratch that playing him at all is risky. (Mou is crazy for playing him yesterday) but when you consider that Young will be coming up against Salah, you might want to reconsider that. Mou used the 4231 to contain and hit them on the counter but Our midfield just collapse like the wall of jericho and you can't blame them really 3 midfield against 2 with Cutinho dropping deep to support and collect the ball. The question then is what did our own players did with the ball when they get it, you can't tell me that Mou instruct them to waste the ball anytime they get it. We played with 1 man down till Miki went off and Klopp maintained his superior midfield by continuing with the 3 men in the middle of the park.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:57am On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:

But when Mou is without Pogba, Fellaini and Carrick and they overran our midfield, it's Mou fault abi?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:58am On Oct 15, 2017
Best is we should all move on cos this won't yield anything positive. Criticizing JM for his frequent bus parking does not make a fan any less loyal and does not mean we want him sacked, even Fergie was criticized on this forum and he has a statue and a stand at Old Trafford.

He has to devise other ways to gain points away from home because this system he is using now leaves too little a margin for error and will backfire sometime, maybe soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:

I have long corrected that it's 2012 when we won through a Chicharito early goal. The match was played late 2011. Also check man United vs Southampton early 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:
Best is we should all move on cos this won't yield anything positive. Criticizing JM for his frequent bus parking does not make a fan any less loyal and does not mean we want him sacked, even Fergie was criticized on this forum and he has a statue and a stand at Old Trafford.

He has to devise other ways to gain points away from home because this system he is using now leaves too little a margin for error and will backfire sometime, maybe soon.

Everyone want the team to succeed, but there's no system that can't backfire anytime or soon, Mou has a tried and tested system, I will rather he stick to it as long as it bring us success.

Kapish.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

Me and you know that playing Darmain at CB is risky business, scratch that playing him at all is risky. (Mou is crazy for playing him yesterday) but when you consider that Young will be coming up against Salah, you might want to reconsider that. Mou used the 4231 to contain and hit them on the counter but Our midfield just collapse like the wall of jericho and you can't blame them really 3 midfield against 2 with Cutinho dropping deep to support and collect the ball. The question then is what did our own players did with the ball when they get it, you can't tell me that Mou instruct them to waste the ball anytime they get it. We played with 1 man down till Miki went off and Klopp maintained his superior midfield by continuing with the 3 men in the middle of the park.
I specifically watched the movement of our players yesterday when Liverpool had the ball at the back or passed backed to their centre backs and all I saw was players retreating back instead of pressing, some players didn't even try to go past the halfway line, it isn't a coincidence, I think they were following strict orders from the coach...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

I have long corrected that it's 2012 when we won through a Chicharito early goal

We didint park the bus in that game either. Being outplayed is not the same thing as parking the bus, it is not every time an opponent plays better than you that you can be said to have parked the bus.

Honestly without checking records i can only remember one time Fergie truly parked the bus and that was the Barca tie in 2008.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

Thank you sir, instead of blaming mhki and herrara for putting up dross, they are bashing Jose their easy target
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

Everyone want the team to succeed, but there's no system that can't backfire anytime or soon, Mou has a tried and tested system, I will rather he stick to it as long as it bring us success.

Kapish.

It is Capisce not Kapish.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
patrickmuf:
I specifically watched the movement of our players yesterday when Liverpool had the ball at the back or passed backed to their centre backs and all I saw was players retreating back instead of pressing, some players didn't even try to go back the halfway line, it isn't a coincidence, I think they were following strict orders from the coach...

That is when Liverpool had the ball, but what happens when we had the ball? What did they do with it? It seems you re forgetting that Man Utd even under SAF don't most times do high pressing, if you were expecting us to do high pressing against Pool side with willing sprinters, good luck ooo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

It is Capisce not Kapish.
Thanks doc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

Which university did you graduate from? All schools in Nigeria are "rundown" according to you. So 5hut up.
slowpoke, ur brain has rundown for your info,not all schools are rundown, u are crying more then lana the bereaved.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

We didint park the bus in that game either. Being outplayed is not the same thing as parking the bus, it is not every time an opponent plays better than you that you can be said to have parked the bus.

Honestly without checking records i can only remember one time Fergie truly parked the bus and that was the Barca tie in 2008.
So why can't you also excuse the Southampton game we won this season as being cautious or being outplayed? After all didn't we scored? Didn't we have other chances apart from the goal? Or when it's Jose it's park the bus, but when it's Fergie it's cautious and outplayed. And Conte it's Defensive masterclass

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

Thank you sir, instead of blaming mhki and herrara for putting up dross, they are bashing Jose their easy target
For you and your ilks, everything is about the bolded...Immediately the referee blew the final whistle, my buddy turned to me and said we can't really assess the players cos the system didn't allow them perform optimally and I agree 100%
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:
Go and bring out the match statistics of Lille vs Man United in 2005/2006 group stage.

A first-half goal from Milenko Ačimovič helped LOSC Lille Métropole secure a fine 1-0 victory over Manchester United FC on Wednesday, a result which brings the French side right into contention in UEFA Champions League Group D.

Level on points
The Slovenian's goal, which was Lille's first in the competition, came six minutes before the break in a tight, keenly-contested game at the Stade de France. Lille's first win of the campaign puts them level on five points with United, but ahead in second place with a better head-to-head record.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

Thanks doc.

You are welcome , lol.
Let us all try to move on to the next game abeg. We all have our views on JM and his habits and nobody is going to change the next person's opinion anytime soon.
He should just get us 3 points from our home games against these other big boys, i no want bus parking at Old Trafford o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
JM had a Squad that could play 3 - 5 - 2 comfortably against Liverpool Yesterday, but he chose to get a Point and he achieved it.

United had Blind and Tuanzebe on the Bench, Blind could have played instead of Darmian in a 3-Man Defense, with Young and Valencia as Wingbacks, but JM went for a defensive Tactic hoping for a Counter to hurt Liverpool to no avail.

However, the most important thing is; we got a Point at Anfield. A deserved Point from the defensive Point of View. I hope Dudes gonna move on from this Argument for good.

A Wiseman said; sometimes you win an Argument, sometimes you learn from it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

Louder for the people at the back please! smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
Leyqute:

Mr.Joe you need take a chill pill.

Read my last post to understand my position. I didn't even criticize yesterday's display that much but if the attackers didn't have to do so much work defending.... well.

In the last part, I said I don't know what JM aims to do with this team but one guess is that he wants to build them to defend well and compactly, like Atletico Madrid did yesterday night against Barcelona, then have attackers to punish top teams on the break.

That's Mou's post match comments.

Just chill out. Take a tea.

Alright points taken
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
patrickmuf:
For you and your ilks, everything is about the bolded...Immediately the referee blew the final whistle, my buddy turned to me and said we can't really assess the players cos the system didn't allow them perform optimally and I agree 100%

Haba brother me. You can't access our midfielders that kept running into trouble? And Smalling together with Herrera messing up a clearance? Jose have to shoulder some blame, but our players are just rubbish. If Coutinho and Mhkki switched side yesterday and you swapped Herrera for KDB. Lukaku might have been more involved. Truth be told
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

So why can't you also excuse the Southampton game we won this season as being cautious or being outplayed? After all didn't we scored? Didn't we have other chances apart from the goal? Or when it's Jose it's park the bus, but when it's Fergie it's cautious and outplayed. And Conte it's Defensive masterclass

Did you see me mention the Southampton match? I think you got me confused with someone else.
I didn't watch that match so i have nothing to say about it, nothing to say.

JM parked the bus against Liverpool 2 years in a row, that is what i know. I also know that nearly all the matches you have listed that Fergie parked the bus in have been disproved. Fergie rarely parked the bus and FYI in the premier league era we have won more matches at Anfield than Liverpool when we have met.

Lets just move on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

Haba brother me. You can't access our midfielders that kept running into trouble? And Smalling together with Herrera messing up a clearance? Jose have to shoulder some blame, but our players are just rubbish. If Coutinho and Mhkki switched side yesterday and you swapped Herrera for KDB. Lukaku might have been more involved. Truth be told
Smalling messed up not Herrera, a simple back pass was blocked by the brainless Smalling...And talking about swaps, remember Mou will still be the coach who would have considered Coutinho light weight and not suited for the pace and power of Pool and KDB who who have being told to rather follow Mhkitaryan about rather than trying to create any meaningful chance...

(1) (2) (3) ... (4592) (4593) (4594) (4595) (4596) (4597) (4598) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.