Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,766 members, 7,865,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5037) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8881053 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5034) (5035) (5036) (5037) (5038) (5039) (5040) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:03am On Jan 07, 2018
patrickmuf:
Who's this Fred they're linking us to, plays AM for Shakhter.

I'm not too keen about that guy. We really don't need an AM ATM IMO. Let's get a B2B ball winner to partner Matic and leave Pogba to roam in front of them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 11:04am On Jan 07, 2018
patrickmuf:
David Silva, Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne and Sterling are a bunch already...Sanchez will prolly join so Fred is better advised to look before he leaps.
You dont understand. Fred is fernadino replacement. Either Fred or weigl sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 11:04am On Jan 07, 2018
Chaiiii...waiting to hear *Man u have agreed a deal for so so so player from so club * everyday but look.. lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:06am On Jan 07, 2018
patrickmuf:
Yeah saw this on transfer center but BBC are reporting that a deal is in the offing...

The news doesn't make sense. What will Mahrez add to Liverpool that Salah doesn't? And I'm sure Mahrez won't be interested in coming to sit on the bench at Liverpool. The ideal replacement for Coutinho would be an AM, preferably one who operates from the left side of the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 11:08am On Jan 07, 2018
Leyqute:

I'm not too keen about that guy. We really don't need an AM ATM IMO. Let's get a B2B ball winner to partner Matic and leave Pogba to roam in front of them.
Roaming don turn to position a player must have esp. Pogba grin
We must sign every midfielder we see in order for him to roam around... grin grin abeg i no wan laff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:16am On Jan 07, 2018
kelvinze:

We must sign every midfielder we see in order for him to roam around... grin grin abeg i no wan laff

The general belief is that Pogba could do much much more at United than he is currently doing. Dude has enough quality to create havoc but, like Paul Scholes hinted, he's being bogged down by too much defensive duties. Since that criticism he has been offering more in attack and has had more shots too. It's only left to the imagination what he can do if he gets that freedom to join the attack at will. He might not give a MOTM performance every match day but there'll be an increase in his contributions, which can only be good for the team.

I know you claim to be a united fan but if you don't understand a point you need to keep quiet and not disgrace your whole village with your average sized uncultured brain.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:19am On Jan 07, 2018
kelvinze:
Liverpool haff sign mahrez nah...Another club go soon sign ozil...stupid Ed. angry
See as my heart skipped when I read this.. Please verified transfer news and not rumors abeg

WTF is happening at Old Trafford na angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 11:22am On Jan 07, 2018
Smh grin grin.^^^
you have to be a lil bit mature to understand simple jokes u know cheesy the 2nd paragraph shouldn't hv come up if u do understand this little things.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 11:23am On Jan 07, 2018
eph12:

See as my heart skipped when I read this.. Please verified transfer news and not rumors abeg

WTF is happening at Old Trafford na angry
Lol...Ed might be working on a deadline day deal grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
Leyqute:

That will mean shunting Lingard to the right if we agree he is a guaranteed starter atleast based on form and for me, isn't suited to playing from the wings cos he doesn't have the trickery or stamina to go past opposition fullbacks...Thus if we get a B2B midfielder to partner Matic and push Pogba forward, Lingard will definitely drop the bench.
At the moment, I'd say we go for a RB, RW and B2B midfielder. Any other signing should be based on market value e.g Ozil/Sanchez on a cheap or free transfer in the summer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
Leyqute:

The news doesn't make sense. What will Mahrez add to Liverpool that Salah doesn't? And I'm sure Mahrez won't be interested in coming to sit on the bench at Liverpool. The ideal replacement for Coutinho would be an AM, preferably one who operates from the left side of the pitch.
Well, I want to believe Mahrez can do a good job as an AM in front of a double pivot of Can and Hendo now and Hendo and Keita next summer. The attacking trident remains Mane - Firmino - Salah.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
kelvinze:

that’s the hypocrisy, they’ll never admit he’s not living up to the price tag.
Today he’s a DM, tomorrow CAM, next you hear CM, now it’s ROAMING.

90M to ROAM. O boi!!!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
patrickmuf:
That will mean shunting Lingard to the right if we agree he is a guaranteed starter atleast based on form and for me, isn't suited to playing from the wings cos he doesn't have the trickery or stamina to go past opposition fullbacks...Thus if we get a B2B midfielder to partner Matic and push Pogba forward, Lingard will definitely drop the bench.
At the moment, I'd say we go for a RB, RW and B2B midfielder. Any other signing should be based on market value e.g Ozil/Sanchez on a cheap or free transfer in the summer

Exact same thought I wanted to chip in before I saw your post. AM should be the least of our priority signing till we've gotten a RB, RW and B2B midfielder like Gundogan. We can go for Ozïl for free in the summer (Wenger won't allow him leave cheap this January but hold onto him till season ends) but by first getting him to sign a pre-contract with us this January before any of these hawks scupper the deal by summer.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
Now that barca has gotten coutinho that means we no longer have any rival for griezmanns signature...looking forward to seeing him in red by the summer then
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
patrickmuf:
Well, I want to believe Mahrez can do a good job as an AM in front of a double pivot of Can and Hendo now and Hendo and Keita next summer. The attacking trident remains Mane - Firmino - Salah.

I hardly see Mahrez as an AM. His pace and trickery would be a waste in that position plus he doesn't look like one to get into the thick of things and string a host of passes together with his team mates. He is an attacker, preferably one of a front three.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
Leyqute:

I hardly see Mahrez as an AM. His pace and trickery would be a waste in that position plus he doesn't look like one to get into the thick of things and string a host of passes together with his team mates. He is an attacker, preferably one of a front three.

Email codedguy1 to alert Jose Mourinho ASAP! !! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MoR2(m): 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
that’s the hypocrisy, they’ll never admit he’s not living up to the price tag.
Today he’s a DM, tomorrow CAM, next you hear CM, now it’s ROAMING.

90M to ROAM. O boi!!!
so pogba is a random offensive attacking midfielder
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioOidcJd_KI

We are being linked to this 20 year old Brazilian called Malcolm and he is currently stuck in a side languishing in 15th in ligue 1? What the hell is eddy waiting for? This one na better back up or potential first teamer sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2018
funlord:

We are being linked to this 20 year old Brazilian called Malcolm and he is currently stuck in a side languishing in 15th in ligue 1? What the hell is eddy waiting for? This one na better back up or potential first teamer sef

Goal says he's already taking English speaking lessons so a deal might be in the offing. Goal is unreliable though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
Leyqute:

Goal says he's already taking English speaking lessons so a deal might be in the offing. Goal is unreliable though.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11176429/malcom-the-brazilian-attracting-manchester-united-interest

We've been after him for a while!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
funlord:

Now that barca has gotten coutinho that means we no longer have any rival for griezmanns signature...looking forward to seeing him in red by the summer then

I think they've not given up on Griezmann yet, just holding up till Summer cos it's gonna be a fair Bargain by then.

Griezmann price now is €200m non-negotiable, but in the Summer it's gonna be reduced to €100m..... very fair Bargain and worth waiting for!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2018
I doubt if anything is happening this January window
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
Oasis007:

I think they've not given up on Griezmann yet, just holding up till Summer cos it's gonna be a fair Bargain by then.

Griezmann price now is €200m non-negotiable, but in the Summer it's gonna be reduced to €100m..... very fair Bargain and worth waiting for!

I prefer Dybala honestly angry

Are we not Monitoring this Oezil situation?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:37pm On Jan 07, 2018
Manns needs to pray Messi Lingard and Gaucho Pogba continue with improvement in this their form.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
funlord:

He seems to play like Hidden Pius, only that he shoots better and scores FKs too.

I don't think I have ever seen Pius score a Freekick

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
elrony:

I prefer Dybala honestly angry

Are we not Monitoring this Oezil situation?

I prefer Dybala too, but I think Griezmann can play the Lingard Role better, coz he has already used to it at Atl. Madrid.

Also I wouldn't mind to have both in the Team next Season. Dybala can play as a right Winger. He gets the pace, skill and stamina to deliver excellently as a right Winger.

Jose Mourinho will make an official move for long-term target Mesut Ozil this January, according to reports.

The Mirror believe Mourinho has been given the go ahead by club officials to make a bid of up to £35m for the Arsenal midfielder.

The same report claims United will still have an uphill battle to sign the German, as despite being out-of-contract in the summer, Arsene Wenger is reluctant to sell during the transfer window.

It is believed that Mourinho would prefer to wait until the summer, but is wary of a potential auction with European giants PSG and Bayern Munich both ready to make a move.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
Oasis007:

I prefer Dybala too, but I think Griezmann can play the Lingard Role better, coz he has already used to it at Atl. Madrid.

Also I wouldn't mind to have both in the Team next Season. Dybala can play as a right Winger. He gets the pace, skill and stamina to deliver excellently as a right Winger.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile, I don't see Gayners selling Mesut this January even with 50m. That Wenger is a stubborn old man
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
elrony:
I doubt if anything is happening this January window

When was the last time we signed a player in January? Not a pessimist but the cup is half empty man, cup half empty.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
elrony:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile, I don't see Gayners selling Mesut this January even with 50m. That Wenger is a stubborn old man

grin

I expect him to keep the Duo of Ozil and Sanchez till End of the Season, but United can still nail Ozil down in this Window, if truly we are interested in him.

He has every Right to speak to Suitors or reaches Agreement against Summer. United can sign him now, and unveil him finally in the Summer!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:04pm On Jan 07, 2018
Leyqute:

When was the last time we signed a player in January? Not a pessimist but the cup is half empty man, cup half empty.

Na to dey sing "Fill my cup......" grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

I expect him to keep the Duo of Ozil and Sanchez till End of the Season, but United can still nail Ozil down in this Window, if truly we are interested in him.

He has every Right to speak to Suitors or reaches Agreement against Summer. United can sign him now, and unveil him finally in the Summer!

All these ones fit cause heart ache, I don zero my mind for this January grin grin

Na to finish the season strong my mind dey.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 3:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
funlord:

I honestly don't understand what people see in Griezmann...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5034) (5035) (5036) (5037) (5038) (5039) (5040) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.