Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,791 members, 7,862,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8869897 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6332) (6333) (6334) (6335) (6336) (6337) (6338) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2019
eph12:

If we lose to City and PSG and we win the rest we would have done excellently well since those two teams are your problem
u r missing d point. PSG n man city r just examples.dey r not my problems. Any team can become clinical in front of goal.frankly am beginning to get worried. Maybe subsequent matches might ease my fears.we shall c
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2019
Lana1:
Ok. This table u are shaking, ur club is sitting on it galantly. So while u are mouthing off on United's expenditure, let's not forget ur useless club paid premium for Morata, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Jorginho and Drinkwater.
At least Sanchez played.
The ones you listed cant even get game time in Carabao and FA Cup against third-rate teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
engrelvis:
OK I don't understand football tactics. Now explain ole game n tactics to me.our cohesion n intensity (maybe due to tiredness) v started to diminish.our ability to kill games off because of poor finishing is affecting us.A clinical teams like PSG man city won't b so forgiven
you need to understand that the other teams didn't come there for cinema show, same way you study the next opponent is the same way they study you. last game OGS tried to shuffle the pack a little with similar tactics that has bought wins easily and you could see it was almost a loss.
as the games pile up for this small group of 12 or 13 players who has been featured prominently, we can only hope that somehow they keep their fitness because the truth is others in reserve are a huge drop in quality or just not ready.
it's the manager's job now to find a way to manage more games tactically and not burn the players out so quickly in a game, because whether we like it or not the games from January till the end will be more tough than easy.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:00pm On Feb 03, 2019
ChristineC:
the likes of Fred need to stop picking their noses and pick up. The games are already taking it's toll very clearly on Nemanja Matic and Ashley Young. Some improvising can cover Ashley Young but the lack of quality replacement in central midfield may prove a big problem, especially if there's any injured starter.

Dalot should get game time now and Young can be rested.

Bailly and Lindelof should continue together in the absence of any injuries or suspension.

Fred and Pereira have to step up. Ole can start either of them (but not both of them together) from time to time.

In terms of that attack i don't think Sanchez will ever come good. There are so many things wrong with his game that i don't think his problems can be solved at United.
At this point in time i would prefer Greenwood on the bench instead of Sanchez. That is how bad the prognosis for Sanchez is in my opinion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:06pm On Feb 03, 2019
Manchester United are on their best run of away form in over six years after beating Leicester City 1-0 on Sunday.

The victory means the Red Devils have now won five away games in a row, a feat they had not managed since October 2012 when Sir Alex Ferguson was in charge at Old Trafford.

Premier League wins against Cardiff City, Newcastle and Tottenham, in addition to the FA Cup third-round scalp of Arsenal, make up the rest of the latest run of victories on the road.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2019
afrodoc2:

Bailly and Lindelof should continue together in the absence of any injuries or suspension.

Fred and Pereira have to step up. Ole can start either of them (but not both of them together) from time to time.

In terms of that attack i don't think Sanchez will ever come good. There are so many things wrong with his game that i don't think his problems can be solved at United.
At this point in time i would prefer Greenwood on the bench instead of Sanchez. That is how bad the prognosis for Sanchez is in my opinion.
well said but so sad for Sanchez. Had such a high hope when we bought him!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
I felt we needed fresh legs to hassle the defense up front and when I looked at the bench I just SMH. We need to be very ambitious in the summer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
Paul Pogba Has 6 Goals and 5 Assists In The Last 6 Games..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
eph12:
I felt we needed fresh legs to hassle the defense up front and when I looked at the bench I just SMH. We need to be very ambitious in the summer
. Our bench is more better than any team bench is premier league, having Mata, Lukaku, Smalling, jones, Sanchez or Martial not starting is a big boost to our bench
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
Arsenal hero Martin Keown says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer deserves the Manchester United job fulltime.

Keown believes the Norwegian is worthy of the role and admits it does not reflect well on the sacked Jose Mourinho.

“I think he very much deserves that Solskjaer," Keown said on Football Focus.

“Give him the job, what else does he have to do?

“It's incredible the results and you think of the turnaround.

“It's almost embarrassing for Mourinho. When Mourinho now sits and ponders what he does next, he's going to have to make an adjustment.

“Solskjaer's come in, has put the tactics in of course, but has changed the mood of that football club overnight."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

Is there any doubt? Look at the career of Hummels too
Ah.. Are you saying Airmark's mouth is a wrecker of careers? I reject it for airmark oo grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:21pm On Feb 03, 2019
Lana1:
Lindelof has been the best player behind Rashford, Pogba & Herrera since OGS was appointed. The only constant in that defence.
And Shaw just keeps going about his business lowkey. I just wish he had Marcelo's vision to thread a pass. Sanchez tried making some runs behind the defence but Shaw just couldn't see it

Yes. I’ll admit Shaw is still limited in his abilities. He also goes off sometimes but he usually bounces back whenever he’s benched.

Going into February we really need quality players, especially in midi field. We won’t have to worry had Fred and Pereira been able to step up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 6:22pm On Feb 03, 2019
engrelvis:
u r missing d point. PSG n man city r just examples.dey r not my problems. Any team can become clinical in front of goal.frankly am beginning to get worried. Maybe subsequent matches might ease my fears.we shall c
angry angry Why do you always post negative things every match day even when we win? Are you a Fan or a troll? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2019
hoopLA:

At least Sanchez played.
The ones you listed cant even get game time in Carabao and FA Cup against third-rate teams.
Lol. Besides Hazard and Kante, their team is filled with average Joes but they still have the nerve to come here and be dragging United players.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
Lana1:
Lol. Besides Hazard and Kante, their team is filled with average Joes but they still have the nerve to come here and be dragging United players.

Let's not even go there.

Let's look at the 40-something players they have farmed out across Europe all in the name of loans, paying most of their wages weekly.

Yet they talk about Sanchez.

Na rank idìots full dat club supporters base.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
Lana1:
Lol. Hazard is average abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
Paul Pogba Has 6 Goals and 5 Assists In The Last 6 Games..
Notice how we no dey hear those Dablord chants anymore. Good times!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
Paul Pogba Has 6 Goals a8nd 5 Assists In The Last 6 Games..
But according the Shekpe logic Juventus scammed us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
LoRdCaT:
angry angry Why do you always post negative things every match day even when we win? Are you a Fan or a troll? undecided
That guy is best left ignored. I'm sure he's waiting for a loss so he can say "sebi I told you."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:41pm On Feb 03, 2019
Leyqute:

Lol. Hazard is average abeg.
I dey try give them.benefit of the doubt ni. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2019
afrodoc2:

TBH, Sanchez is totally finished. He’s now a glorified Sunday mba.. Dude is beyond redemption.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2019
Lana1:
That guy is best left ignored. I'm sure he's waiting for a loss so he can say "sebi I told you."
Exactly!! How can you call yourself a fan of a club yet all your statements insinuate that you are just bidding your time, waiting for the club to lose? His negativity is nauseating.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziOmenuko: 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
Can't help but admire the impact of Andrea Hererra on this team. Jose almost ended that dude's career but he has stepped up to be almost indispensable in the team. He has started almost all of our games and the last time Ole tried to rest him against Burnley, it almost resulted in a disseaster.
Now 4th position is just within our reach. We should concentrate on that and hopefully, we can achieve that.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2019
Lana1:
I don already zero my mind to a 1 goal win since. But 3 points na him matter pass.

I like Ole's methods but it can't work with this team. Some serious work needs to be done in the summer
I believe the board knows it for a fact that serious work needs to be done on this team. Summer can't come soon enough. In the meantime, we just have to try and negotiate this season to a successful, satisfying conclusions with the players currently.

I see a massive clear out this summer. It's long overdue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2019
engrelvis:
Even tough we won am nt impress with our coach style of play. Don't even understand his game plan.d truth we were just damn lucky today .if we meet a clinical team we r going to b in a very big trouble

Enter pitch go play na.. Oga,this same Leicester embarrassed City and Sarewagba fc , yet you are complaining ..
All these online Jim Beglins sef ..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
another lucky points taken.

let's see how long before ole's luck runs out and gets stoned out like mourinho. grin
Keep on waiting. I am sure you have forever since you are jobless.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2019
Smellymouth:

Enter pitch go play na.. Oga,this same Leicester embarrassed City and Sarewagba fc , yet you are complaining ..
All these online Jim Beglins sef ..
I just tire for the nigga. Leicester that beat City and made Liverpool beg for a draw at Anfield. Very annoying fellow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2019
LoRdCaT:
u r mistaken me for another person.v been a fan of man u since early nineties so don't call me troll.I v ever right to express my view. If u don't like it just ignore.meanwhile man city is doing us a favor. Arsenal can't win did game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2019
engrelvis:
u r mistaken me for another person.v been a fan of man u since early nineties so don't call me troll.I v ever right to express my view. If u don't like it just ignore.meanwhile man city is doing us a favor. Arsenal can't win did game
Your views are always negative. I have actually never seen you make a positive or encouraging comment. I hope this is not how you live your every day life, I hope you don't view the world with negativity. How do you handle tough tasks? Just make up your mind that you can't do it before you ever even think of trying I guess. Stop it, it really ain't healthy.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
It's no surprise the highest scoring teams and the lowest conceding teams in the league are the ones with forwards who can cover enough ground and run at the opponents for 70 to 80 mins.

I remember i think the FA Cup Final in 07 when Rooney was running at the whole Chelsea team for 120 mins. Even his own teammates couldn't keep up.

Best form of defence is to attack from the front. And we dont have to be a ghen ghen press team like Liverpool neither do we need to have lightning fast attackers to make it work.
Just need people who can cover ground swiftly and force opposition defenders into errors.
I can count on the back of my hand at least 4 times that we have scored from the high press since OGS took over. Against Spurs, Cardiff, Arsenal and Leicester.

The players really need to work on this aspect of our gameplay. After 20 mins today they were already tired and weren't pressing Leicester like they did in the opening 10 mins.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
BARAJ92:
. Our bench is more better than any team bench is premier league, having Mata, Lukaku, Smalling, jones, Sanchez or Martial not starting is a big boost to our bench
LOL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:59pm On Feb 03, 2019
I'm waiting for the 6th fc crew

(1) (2) (3) ... (6332) (6333) (6334) (6335) (6336) (6337) (6338) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.