Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,803 members, 7,862,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8870077 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6423) (6424) (6425) (6426) (6427) (6428) (6429) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

The Squad though?! Ain't sure we've not reached the Bus stop!

grin grin

I am only interested in how the youngster (gomes or chong in particular) will perform tomorrow night....not really expecting us to qualify
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2019
Young Guns!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
Tundexxy:

grin grin

I am only interested in how the youngster (gomes or chong in particular) will perform tonight....not really expecting us to qualify

grin

I expect to see at least one or two in the Lineup, especially Garner and Greenwood/Chong.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 12:35pm On Mar 05, 2019
This match will go a long way for the kids..I am just going to assume we are out of UCL..but I will be on the look out for the performance of these young guys
GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2019
Those guys might not play as I think OGS will opt for a front 3 of Rashford (LWF), Lukaku (CF) and Dalot (RW)
Their chances of seeing any game time will be heavily dependent on the score line by the hour mark or so.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamharkinwaley: 2:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
Tundexxy:

grin grin

I am only interested in how the youngster (gomes or chong in particular) will perform tonight....not really expecting us to qualify

Tomorrow night you mean.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2019
Tundexxy:
Hello guyz, did anyone hear about the outburst between Pogba and Lukaku?
Lies from halfbaked English journalists. The Sun (which is the news outlet that reported this) is just looking for stories. Lukaku himself has vehemently denied it on twitter.

He tweeted: "WHEN THE HATE DOESN'T WORK, THEY START TELLING LIES."

When has the sun ever reported credible news? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:15pm On Mar 05, 2019
Pogba and Lukaku are very good friends so I won’t place too much emphasis on this.

Even if they quarrel it would be something that would be sorted privately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:28pm On Mar 05, 2019
Just like the issue between Ronaldo and Rooney that year, that press were already writing all kinds of things
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by biomustry: 2:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
LoRdCaT:
Lies from halfbaked English journalists. The Sun (which is the news outlet that reported this) is just looking for stories. Lukaku himself has vehemently denied it on twitter.

He tweeted: "WHEN THE HATE DOESN'T WORK. THEY START TELLING LIES."

When has the sun ever reported credible news? undecided
Your boy has message for you guys

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2019
iamharkinwaley:

Tomorrow night you mean.
Yes tomorrow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 2:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
biomustry:

Your boy has message for you guys
So why exactly are you quoting me with this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
LoRdCaT:
So why exactly are you quoting me with this?

Bcoz he want you to see
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 05, 2019
As much as we all want to see the Yoot players play, people need to understand OGS is not the permanent manager and he's not assured of the position on a permanent basis for next season.

His target is to make top 4, maybe win FA Cup and give it his best shot in the UCL. So his priorities right now would be getting maximum results/points using his best available squad and not tweaking and experimenting with yoot players.

The yoot boys will get chances to play but dont expect them to get lots of minutes. The only way any one of them can break into the first team right now is if they do a "2016 Rashford" and be the difference on the pitch.

Let's keep hoping OGS does well in the end and is made permanent. Then, we can start to expect to see the yoot players getting more involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lana1

OGS can only play players available for selection. Right now we have many senior players out and can’t bring anyone in as the TW is closed.

Only these yoot players can fill the void. It doesn’t mean he won’t turn back to his trusted lieutenants when they become available or discard a yoot player who impressed when given the chance.

Presently he’s got, maybe a starting XI but everyone knows he needs a squad of at least 16 good players.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
I don’t think any of the youth team players will start, and maybe 1 or 2 if lucky will come on as subs.

It will depend on how the game goes. If we are getting smashed OGS will not want to drop them in the deep end.

Good to see Brandon Williams travel with the 1st team.
Don’t think he will make the match day squad but it means the top dogs recognize his potential.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 4:26pm On Mar 05, 2019
Tundexxy:

Bcoz he want you to see
See what? I already posted the same tweet before he quoted me with that picture. I really don't understand why he felt the need to quote me with that again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lana1:
As much as we all want to see the Yoot players play, people need to understand OGS is not the permanent manager and he's not assured of the position on a permanent basis for next season.

His target is to make top 4, maybe win FA Cup and give it his best shot in the UCL. So his priorities right now would be getting maximum results/points using his best available squad and not tweaking and experimenting with yoot players.

The yoot boys will get chances to play but dont expect them to get lots of minutes. The only way any one of them can break into the first team right now is if they do a "2016 Rashford" and be the difference on the pitch.

Let's keep hoping OGS does well in the end and is made permanent. Then, we can start to expect to see the yoot players getting more involved.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
Leyqute:
Lana1

OGS can only play players available for selection. Right now we have many senior players out and can’t bring anyone in as the TW is closed.

Only these yoot players can fill the void. It doesn’t mean he won’t turn back to his trusted lieutenants when they become available or discard a yoot player who impressed when given the chance.

Presently he’s got, maybe a starting XI but everyone knows he needs a squad of at least 16 good players.
Only said that with respect to those that want to see them start.

Mesef want these yoot players to play(start) and deliver as much as any one else. But, as long as members of the first team are still available and fit to play, we shouldn't expect to see any of them start

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
Right.

And I only hope they grab the opportunity with both hands so that they can contest for starting berths with the first xi if they put out great performances consistently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
"The players have been fantastic away from home, We've beaten Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham away from home which gives us belief we can do this as well."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
"When no-one believes in you there's always a character in yourself that says 'we have to show ourselves'. Our motivation isn't to make history — it's to go through. These players aren't used to losing and we know at our best we can match them."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
"It's a difficult task but we can do it. We need to get the first goal and then we need to stay in the game, because if there's only one goal in it anything can happen. We need a good plan and we need to perform on the night."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
"Brandon is a quick full-back who can play both sides. It's the first time he's travelled with us and he didn't expect to come. But that's why you're in the Academy — we believe in you and suddenly you can step up."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2019
"Every young player at this club is dreaming about coming on and having the impact Rashy has had. There's been so many examples of that and that's the belief they must have to make it."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
"Everyone expects us to go out easily but that doesn't happen with Manchester United. Our pride was hurt last time we played them so we are going to see players who are going to give their all."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
"Right from the start Ole has helped me. He just said to me 'play your game and do the things you're good at'. He's given me a lot of confidence which has helped me a lot."

- Victor Lindelof

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:25pm On Mar 05, 2019
“Yeah, it looks like he [Alexis] might be out for a bit. It was a bad knee injury, [so he could be out for] four weeks or six weeks. Hopefully he'll recover quickly.”

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
Training Pics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
More

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2019
grin

Balling Gaffer!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lana1:

the man is more than assured of the job. the board even know they risk fan revolt, even if he doesn't make top four now he has exceeded expectations in the league at least.
the man still has hope in his team going through. that positivity is what has earned him a fair crack at this job tbh. so he's obviously not going to start with academy lads, however I think the team can accommodate one in attack.

My predicted line up will be

- - - - - - - - - - - - - de Gea - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - Bailly - - Smalling - - Lindelof - - -
Dalot - McTom - Fred - Pereira - Shaw
- - Lukaku - Greenwood - Rashford - -

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6423) (6424) (6425) (6426) (6427) (6428) (6429) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Shynaboy1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.