Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:52 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9161502 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6631) (6632) (6633) (6634) (6635) (6636) (6637) ... (14378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
Leyqute:

This is what they type when they don't have anything tangible to say again.

You can't really blame an interim manager for making do with what's on ground. And since he's been made permanent he's made it clear that any player that isn't offering what's expected of him will be shown the door. What more do you want? At least allow him to show his hand first na. I taya o.

If we start winning again and qualify for UCL, una go keep shut again. Na wah.

There’s no point continuing this argument since we won’t agree on the same thing.

Hopefully we won’t have to come back to this discussion in the future.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
raumdeuter:
Alexis Sanchez got paid an extra 75k last night (he gets that amount of money every time he plays)

He touched the ball once

Sometimes when I want to doubt the existence of jazz, I see things beyond ordinary eye

Lmao!!! Thunder fire Mourinho for being the agent behind this record scam angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:07pm On Apr 25, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Lmao!!! Thunder fire Mourinho for being the agent behind this record scam angry angry

Mou was the one in charge of contract negotiations? undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
hensben:
It’s high time you guys know the difference between having money and no longer attractive for quality players to come.
so who's more likely to attract quality players right now amongst Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TalabiAudu: 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
raumdeuter:
Alexis Sanchez got paid an extra 75k last night (he gets that amount of money every time he plays)

He touched the ball once

Sometimes when I want to doubt the existence of jazz, I see things beyond ordinary eye

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
This is why he starts, despite the fact that he runs like a camel

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
larride:

Nov to April is 6 month

Pre season start in July to Aug.

You saying someone that has a month of pre season have the advantage of getting his player to play his style than someone that has used 6 months with his? We all agree he needs to get better players but he’s not going to get a new team, 5-6 players from this current crop of players will still start next season. Are these players not meant to know clearly the kind of pattern he wants to implement?

Larride

I am not a Man utd fan and nothing makes me happier than to see them fail,
If I was in a position to select Man Utd coach, I wouldnt have chosen Solkjaer, I would have gone for Pochetinno

Those 2 out of the way

I will like to say, Coaching tactics into a team requires time and that is why most coaches need the full 3 months pre-season to drill the tactics, during the season its usually opponent analysis that you do

In December you hardly train basic tactics because you have to watch video of your next opponent and develop a strategy for the next game

Its during this preseason you notice where you need to improve and sign the players to do it

Most of these poor players you were lamenting about were bought by Mourinho, his tactics are still in them and it might take over 2transfer windows to effectively drain them of the old tactics

See the time it took Klopp to iron out his gegen pressing and Guardiola too

I am not saying that Solksjaer will suceed even if given 10yrs, If I will stake money I will say he will not win the league even of he stays for 3seasons and spends 300M every window cos there are better coaches than him who will also have resources to spend. Like City Pool to a less extent Spurs unless the 3 of them decide to have a poor season at the same time

Since Man Utd has chosen OGS best is to hold your peace until he has his time and 3 transfer windows before you can judge him
Mourinho had 3 pre seasons and 5 transfer windows

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 4:34pm On Apr 25, 2019
tenmariner:

Maybe because of this

Paul Pogba: Has had a direct hand in 22 league goals this season (13 goals, 9 assists); His goals and assists have earned Man Utd an additional 22 points

Only Eden Hazard's goals and assists (29) have won his side more points (23)

For more player stats - https:///gFISfJJCss https:///9ZNmKvyqlK
... and in PFA Arithmetics 22 is greater than 29
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
MorataFC:
... and in PFA Arithmetics 22 is greater than 29
so they should remove pogba and put hazard in central midfield abi what are you trying to say?

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
larride:

How long did it take for Conte to implement his style of play? Pep nko? Klopp? I have been complaining about the players since last season so I’m not definitely going to talk about that.

We all agree we need rebuilding, the truth is that OGS is not going to get at most 5 players in the TF, At least 15-17 players will still remain from these bunch of players, are you saying we have no right to question the tactics OGS has been implementing for the past 6 month? No one is expecting OGS to perform a miracle, we already know these players are shit but at least let’s see a pattern you want to implement.

I put it to you, what system/pattern of play is Ole implementing?
Leemao.

U mention Klopp? Have u forgotten Liverpool finished 8th and lost Europa final in his first half season? And the following season when they were playing according to Klopp's tactics, and they were having 20 shots on targets, they were still losing 2-0 to Burnley's. This is Klopp's first season in 3½ years that he has gotten it right.

What of Pep? Barely finished fourth in his first season and only won league in his 2nd season. That's after spending morw than 500m plus.

As for Conte, that league win was as fluke as they come. Chelsea barely had any midweek games that season and they got knocked out in the EFL early. If Conte was so good, why didn't he replicate his first season success in the 2nd season? He even spent 300m on that title winning squad. Yet he finished 5th with all the extra games that came with EFL and the UCL.

All these but it's Ole that is useless after just 4½ months? Ok.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 4:40pm On Apr 25, 2019
weedtaker:
so we should remove pogba and put hazard in central midfield abi what are you trying to say?
so in your mind elderson should be there ahead of Alisson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 4:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
Leyqute
Lana1
Larride

These guys have one thing in common. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
MorataFC:
so in your mind elderson should be there ahead of Alisson
50/50 there's no controversy there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
raumdeuter:

He touched the ball once

lol...but seriously y can't man utd revoke his contract n kick him out? Y r dey being force to continually pay him even when it obvious he is now a financial burden?I don't really understand DAT angle
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
weedtaker:
50/50 there's no controversy there.
ok

... but that Pogba is a no no no for me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
airmark:
Leyqute
Lana1
Larride

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
MorataFC:
ok

... but that Pogba is a no no no for me
why? and who would you rather have in place of pogba?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
engrelvis:
lol...but seriously y can't man utd revoke his contract n kick him out? Y r dey being force to continually pay him even when it obvious he is now a financial burden?I don't really understand DAT angle
the more u look the less u see grin grin grin
Bro, these players are wise, u can't terminate contract like that, many of these players have qualified lawyers that guide them in every step
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
weedtaker:
why? and who would you rather have in place of pogba?
Pogba is On and Off player

One day On two days Off grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
Lana1:
Leemao.

U mention Klopp? Have u forgotten Liverpool finished 8th and lost Europa final in his first half season? And the following season when they were playing according to Klopp's tactics, and they were having 20 shots on targets, they were still losing 2-0 to Burnley's. This is Klopp's first season in 3½ years that he has gotten it right.

What of Pep? Barely finished fourth in his first season and only won league in his 2nd season. That's after spending morw than 500m plus.

As for Conte, that league win was as fluke as they come. Chelsea barely had any midweek games that season and they got knocked out in the EFL early. If Conte was so good, why didn't he replicate his first season success in the 2nd season? He even spent 300m on that title winning squad. Yet he finished 5th with all the extra games that came with EFL and the UCL.

All these but it's Ole that is useless after just 4½ months? Ok.

I never claim Ole is useless but I damn have the right to question his tactical competence.

During Pep first season, you could easily see what he was trying to implement even Klopp.

I’m not expecting miracles with the bunch of useless players but at least let’s see what to expect when we get better players. When we get new players, how we set up is very very important and these players (bulk of them will be here next season) needs to start getting that right now.

It seems everyone take it as if I want Ole to fail so I’m just going to end this discussion and see what the future hold.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
airmark:
Leyqute
Lana1
Larride

angry

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
raumdeuter:

Larride

I am not a Man utd fan and nothing makes me happier than to see them fail,
If I was in a position to select Man Utd coach, I wouldnt have chosen Solkjaer, I would have gone for Pochetinno

Those 2 out of the way

I will like to say, Coaching tactics into a team requires time and that is why most coaches need the full 3 months pre-season to drill the tactics, during the season its usually opponent analysis that you do

In December you hardly train basic tactics because you have to watch video of your next opponent and develop a strategy for the next game

Its during this preseason you notice where you need to improve and sign the players to do it

Most of these poor players you were lamenting about were bought by Mourinho, his tactics are still in them and it might take over 2transfer windows to effectively drain them of the old tactics

See the time it took Klopp to iron out his gegen pressing and Guardiola too

I am not saying that Solksjaer will suceed even if given 10yrs, If I will stake money I will say he will not win the league even of he stays for 3seasons and spends 300M every window cos there are better coaches than him who will also have resources to spend. Like City Pool to a less extent Spurs unless the 3 of them decide to have a poor season at the same time

Since Man Utd has chosen OGS best is to hold your peace until he has his time and 3 transfer windows before you can judge him
Mourinho had 3 pre seasons and 5 transfer windows

So you saying OGS hasn’t concerned himself much with getting the team to play to his ideology? What do they do in training then? Just watch opponent clips?

Let’s see what happens in the future.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
larride:

So you saying OGS hasn’t concerned himself much with getting the team to play to his ideology? What do they do in training then? Just watch opponent clips?

Telling Rashford, Martial and Lingard how to move to draw defenders out of position gringrin Evident against City yesterday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
thorrvik55:

How can u be motivated by ur salary when someone dat offers nothing to d team is earning at least 5 times ur salary
see opata. Every Mallam with him kettle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
Lana1:
I'm actually starting to like the guy. Has good work rate and seems like he can be a good squad player.
As for our forwards, na only God fit help them. Our present condition would be much more bearable if those fools could just get the job done. 0 goals in 4 games is too poor.
if you cannot pass well, pass like Mikel abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
weedtaker:
so they should remove pogba and put hazard in central midfield abi what are you trying to say?
leave the old man. Instead mk dem dey fight against sterling or mane dem dey fight pogba

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
engrelvis:
There is something called a contract signed by both parties in the presence of a lawyer and cannot be broken willy-nilly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
larride:

Mid season training is more about planning for your next game and your game plan vs Newcastle this week will be different from vs Chelsea in 3 days time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
MorataFC:
Pogba is On and Off player

One day On two days Off grin
who should be there.

Do you know Salah has 19 goals 7 assists. He's not there. Nobody cry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
Hoopla smoked out.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2019
afrodoc2:

I have been busy and was not able to watch any of the last 3 games.
The Everton game was unexpected but losing to Barca and City should not be a surprise to anyone.

We are paying the price for year upon year of failed transfer windows.
There is no single resounding success in 6 years of transfers.
Normally even if a team is struggling there will be one player or two that fans will absolve of blame. In this case we don’t have even one successful transfer.

If they don’t spend Pep-level money on the RIGHT players over the next 2-3 windows we will be in for a long night.

Lindelof is class IMO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Corrosiveman(m): 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
Lamentations everywhere....But on a serious note i cant understand Ole's style of play its not as if the players coming in may make a difference Man city on their own came in with a Plan and that is tiki taka which to say they have succeded Klopp came up with his Gen Gen pressing which to say they have succeded in impleting now what exactly is Ole's style of play even if we say its counterattacking it may not be effective next season with the way this present players are playing....Counterattacking have different flavours same with tiki taka....Now can someone say what exactly is Ole's style of play?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6631) (6632) (6633) (6634) (6635) (6636) (6637) ... (14378) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: main24(m), patrickmuf(m), stephennel(m), Tochex101(m), odizeey(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.