Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,306 members, 7,850,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8835350 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6818) (6819) (6820) (6821) (6822) (6823) (6824) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2019
nitrogen:

Chief, with all the motivational talks from him, we must win or draw the first game o (vs Chelsea), otherwise, he is going to be in serious trouble......

grin

The “motivational” talks aren’t for you, they’re for Martial and co. tongue

Don’t worry we will beat that Chelsea side. Dem be atutu poyoyo. Even hardcore shesi fans like SkimpleD, dem no born am well to say dem go win that match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
Leyqute:

LooL. Stop listening to his pressers then

Lmao. Why will I want to do that?

Because I say some of the things he says is now getting stale doesn’t change the fact that he’s the club manager and got my full support.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
larride:

Lmao. Why will I want to do that?

Because I say some of the things he says is now getting stale doesn’t change the fact that he’s the club manager and got my full support.

No. I’m not tending towards that direction. I’m not insinuating that you’re not supporting him because his words are sounding stale to you.

Whenever you see “good old.....” just skip the sentence and move onto the next one. grin

And if all his sentences start with “good ol...” problem tie niyen oooo cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
Leyqute:

No. I’m not tending towards that direction. I’m not insinuating that you’re not supporting him because his words are sounding stale to you.

Whenever you see “good old.....” just skip the sentence and move onto the next one. grin

And if all his sentences start with “good ol...” problem tie niyen oooo cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
afrodoc2:

So it is until he clenches his pari like Samanja and starts insulting every body before you will know he is serious.

Seems some of your guys crave being stressed and unhappy. What is the next thing? Criticize his hair cut?

He doesn't need to do that, he should stop saying the same thing every darn time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2019
Leyqute:

grin

Don’t worry we will beat that Chelsea side. Dem be atutu poyoyo. Even hardcore shesi fans like SkimpleD, dem no born am well to say dem go win that match

We should be able to beat shekpe FC sha, their best player left a couple of weeks ago and they just got a new manager.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
nitrogen:

We should be able to beat shekpe FC sha, their best player left a couple of weeks ago and they just got a new manager.

Our 2nd team will flog them. Messi Lingod will score, Jones with the assist plus Martial solo goal. Two nuts cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2019
nitrogen:

New “Rookie” manager. His middle name is “Rookie”, English for Rukayat. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
nitrogen:

Okay. But we all know that this guy has been saying the same thing since he became the manager (interim), we will return to the glory days, I want to emulate SAF bla bla bla, we have a style of play, we need to continue to run and work hard on the pitch, radaradaradara fffkkkgggghhhh.......saying the same thing over and over again. Are you not tired?

Fine, na press conference, but some pressers are for just 5-10 minutes while some last 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reiterating those good old days comments simply means he his very confident we are going to arrive at the top again. It better becomes good Afro-pop music to your ears, because I am pretty sure you have not heard the last of that. It takes a lot of confidence and self belief to backup such repetitive claim with the group of players he has at his disposal now.

With full pre-season, and what I saw between Dec-March last year, I am very sure Ole will get it right. Sheath your sword, lets judge Ole by December.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2019
Leyqute:

grin

Maga, Make we bet how that game go go? tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2019
Leyqute:

Our 2nd team will flog them. Messi Lingod will score, Jones with the assist plus Martial solo goal. Two nuts cool
ègbe cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2019
SkimpleD:

Maga, Make we bet how that game go go? tongue

Apostle want to bet shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
larride:

Wonders shall never end. Wetin Musa no go see for this place. grin

SkimpleD Issa faek profet smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 9:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
larride:

Lols. No vex me this evening o cheesy

Leyqute get big mouth. Make he put money where his big mouth dey. Is that too much to ask?

Leyqute:

Wonders shall never end. Wetin Musa no go see for this place. grin

SkimpleD Issa faek profet smh
Lol. grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2019
isn't this the same de Ligt rumored to be £100m at least if he'd move from Ajax?
nonsense and raiola

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
ChristineC:
isn't this the same de Ligt rumored to be £100m at least if he'd move from Ajax?
nonsense and raiola

I'm tempted to say we never tabled any reasonable bid
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
The bid size was never the problem. De Ligt just was not interested in playing Europa.

I think he chose the best choice for his career in Juventus. There he could really have a challenge in helping Juventus win their first champions league title in more than 22 years.

Also heard he is a big student of Italian football and tactical defending.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:24am On Jul 17, 2019
Solskjær: “I can give him [Pogba] a new challenge - I’ve not been upset by anything he’s said, because we’ve had many conversations and I know exactly what Paul is thinking."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:26am On Jul 17, 2019
Inter Milan are just days away from signing Romelu Lukaku. Inter have already told the player that they will spend €80m including bonuses to sign him, and will meet #mufc's demands at the request of Antonio Conte.

- AS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:27am On Jul 17, 2019
Phil Jones has been touted as a potential makeweight in a deal for Harry Maguire.

- Telegraph

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:31am On Jul 17, 2019
Solskjær: "He's [Greenwood] a natural finisher, a natural footballer. Right-footed, left-footed. I don't think he knows if he's more predominant on his right or his left. He takes penalties with both feet and free-kicks with both feet."

- BBC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:32am On Jul 17, 2019
Solskjær: "He [Greenwood] finds space naturally. He'll always end up with chances. He'll score goals this year, I am 100% sure of that."

- BBC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:34am On Jul 17, 2019
Solskjær: "There won't be any players here that I don't want in my group, no."

- Sky Sports

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:36am On Jul 17, 2019
Solksjaer: We have to aim for further up than fourth. I would rather be an optimist and be wrong than a pessimist and be right. I am not used to us being fifth or sixth but that is where we are at.

That is the size of the challenge. I love that challenge. We have to work with the players, sign the right types and gradually make our way to the challenging line. Our players do have quality.

They do have a chance. We just need consistency. We have to keep working every single day and not take our eyes off the target. Everyone gets off line at some point but you can't let it drift too far because then you won't get to the overall goal.

- BBC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:39am On Jul 17, 2019
Solksjaer: "We talked about [with the Players] what is required, the standards we have to live up to every single day. The little margins that get you wins. The little tactical tweaks.

"The first couple of weeks have been encouraging. Of course, you always expect people to come in for the first couple of weeks with fresh energy and focus. We have been pushing the limits.

"They have not moaned - maybe that is a bad thing. Maybe we have not worked them enough. But I think we have worked enough so we are fitter and more robust when the season starts. The more sessions you miss out on, the further behind you get."

- BBC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:40am On Jul 17, 2019
Solksjaer: "That is what you sign up for [standard off the pitch] at this club. You are always under the spotlight. I am a big believer in self-discipline and discipline within the group. I would never have made it as a footballer if I didn't have that discipline and made the most out of my talent."

- BBC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:41am On Jul 17, 2019
Solksjaer: "Paul is a fantastic player and a fantastic human being. He has always been a great professional. When I was at Molde, I said, 'if he's in your squad, you'd build a team around him'. I would say the same now. Manchester United fans know their football.

"We know Paul has been criticised by a few but he's loved by loads more. You know, it's the best feeling you can have to be at this club when we're successful. The ones that might want to leave now haven't been here when it's been successful. Hopefully they want to be part of that. I want to be part of it."

- BBC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:43am On Jul 17, 2019
Solksjaer: "That gives me great belief because we know what he's [Alexis] capable of. We have to find a way - me with Alexis, with the team - because there's a top player there. If we get him firing, he can get us 20 goals easily.

"You saw it in the Copa America. The consistency hasn't been there because he's had some injuries, you just hope that he's going to get the consistency back into his game."

- BBC

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:44am On Jul 17, 2019
Solksjaer on Transfer: "There won't be any players here I don't want. No. We are still looking at one or two options but it depends on outgoings. It might be more because if suddenly two or three go, then you have to replace players."

- BBC

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:46am On Jul 17, 2019
Solksjaer on Sir Alex: "I worked for him for 14 and a half years - 11 as a player, three and a half as a coach. I spent the biggest part of my football career under him.

"It's natural that I've learned from him. Of course, I speak to him after games. I go up to his lounge. But loads of things have been said which are not true. He's been to the training ground twice since I've been there.

"We send texts to each other. I might ask him for something. He asks me for a few favours. It's great but he's at a different stage of his life now."

- BBC

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:47am On Jul 17, 2019
Solksjaer: "You've got to be patient. Building a team or rebuilding a squad takes time. I am not going to ask for too much time because as manager you're also under pressure straightaway, maybe not for results but the way we want to play football.

"I hope with the way we approach games, the fans will see what we're trying to do and the results will come. I definitely still regard it as an honour and privilege to do this job. I can't talk about how others view management but for me it is about consistency and the long term.

"You have to have short-term gains and results but there is no chance this is going to be about anything other than improving the club. We want to make steps so we are closer to getting to the top, where we believe we belong.

- BBC

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 1:48am On Jul 17, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
this boy u don Dey find pa Nyabinghi trouble.

This guy looks like arsenalfantv handler. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6818) (6819) (6820) (6821) (6822) (6823) (6824) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.