Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6879) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865353 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6876) (6877) (6878) (6879) (6880) (6881) (6882) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2019
Now, we're being linked with Fernando Llorente. Who do us this thing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:06am On Aug 07, 2019
Chrisus:
Now, we're being linked with Fernando Llorente. Who do us this thing?
from a tier 1 journalist.

Let's just forget about any new additions.
It's all over.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 07, 2019
footiemaniac:
I am a big fan of Bruno fernandes, I would like to trust our coaching staff for not wanting to go all out for him. Maybe there is something we non-professionals are not seeing with our naked eyes scouting wise.
I agree with you. Despite of our lack of activities this TW, I'm still very much positive about the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:56am On Aug 07, 2019
thorrvik55:
After turning down a move to Manchester united. Dybala has reportedly agreed to a pay cut so he can sign for Tottenham...

The guy couldn't imagine himself playing against the likes of videoton, kairat Almaty and omonia Nicosia in the youropa league...

tongue tongue tongue

GGMUMU
United also had agreement with Juve. How is it different from this one? Come which motor park are you operating from shekpite
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:59am On Aug 07, 2019
footiemaniac:
I am a big fan of Bruno fernandes, I would like to trust our coaching staff for not wanting to go all out for him. Maybe there is something we non-professionals are not seeing with our naked eyes scouting wise.

Why are the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona,Bayern, Juventus,PSG,Mancity,Athletico Madrid not scrambling to sign Bruno fernandes knowing that he will add goals to their midfield. PSG has gone on to sign 3 New midfielders(Herreira, Idrissa Gueye,Pablo Sarabia) likewise other big clubs. Spurs is not a big club yet.

If stats are anything to go by, Dusan Tadic(Southampton reject) scored 28 goals and 14 assists last season for Ajax,even with this stats, I am not sure any Manchester united fan wants Dusan Tadic at the moment because in hindsight they already know how he fared in the Premier League. Maybe our coaching staff are not really bothered about Bruno Fernandes stats last season. Nabil Fekir scored 18goals and 7 assist for Lyon 2017/2018 season but he his now plying is trade in Real Betis.

Nevertheless, I am very optimistic that we will have an okay season.
How did KDB fare in EPL before he was brought back by City?

So many holes in your submit but I'll just rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 07, 2019
A Day to go until TW deadline for the EPL Clubs. Any possible Signing between now and tomorrow?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:58am On Aug 07, 2019
footiemaniac:

Why are the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona,Bayern, Juventus,PSG,Mancity,Athletico Madrid not scrambling to sign Bruno fernandes knowing that he will add goals to their midfield. PSG has gone on to sign 3 New midfielders(Herreira, Idrissa Gueye,Pablo Sarabia) likewise other big clubs. Spurs is not a big club yet.

If stats are anything to go by, Dusan Tadic(Southampton reject) scored 28 goals and 14 assists last season for Ajax,even with this stats, I am not sure any Manchester united fan wants Dusan Tadic at the moment because in hindsight they already know how he fared in the Premier League. Maybe our coaching staff are not really bothered about Bruno Fernandes stats last season. Nabil Fekir scored 18goals and 7 assist for Lyon 2017/2018 season but he his now plying is trade in Real Betis.

Nevertheless, I am very optimistic that we will have an okay season.
PSG have their eyes on FFP so it's no wonder they aren't after Fernandez.
He won't fit in at Barcelona because the manager will rather have him pass to their forwards than shoot. Rakitic's numbers have dropped since he joined Barcelona...
Liverpool are not going to spend crazy this summer, Klopp already made that clear if not, they'd have made a bid for Fernandez (Klopp likes the lad and will most likely go after him in January or next summer if he remains with Sporting)...
Man City are stucked in Fernandez's position so it's no surprise they ain't after him.
Chelsea are under a ban.
Juventus have Ramsey/Bernadeschi and Rabiot if the situation demands to play that position.
Real Madrid have their eyes set on Pogba and won't look his way.
Spurs are only after him because of the Erikson situation.
Bayern are after wingers that's why they didn't exercise the option to buy James Rodriguez, they rather go aftera winger.

Top teams not scrambling for his signature has little or nothing to do with his quality, most top teams are stocked in the AMF department and even at that, it is not a yardstick to write him off. For me, he is the missing link in our midfield, he can switch play from one end of the pitch to another almost effortlessly with both foot, he guarantees goals from midfield, one area we need improvement and is still very young.
When you watch our games you can't help but wish we had another midfielder with the qualities of Pogba, we labor to switch play. Wan-Bissaka will pass to Smalling who will have to turn his whole body to pass to Lindelof who in turn will pass to Shaw and then to Martial or Rashford, a move that could have been made with just a pass to the CM and next, a surging long ball to the feet of the winger.
Erikson isn't bad but if you watch him closely, you'd notice he has lost a yard of pace and his influence at Spurs is waning although rather than nothing, I'd take him without blinking.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 10:19am On Aug 07, 2019
adeyemi2015:
One source says Manchester United have rejected a new £68m + add ons bid from Inter Milan for Lukaku. United refused to comment.

- Sky Sports
Dont blame ole, after spending almost 90m on Lukaku.. he just can't do a Marina who sold Morata at cost price
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 10:20am On Aug 07, 2019
Unlimited22:

Lol. You left out Loftus-Cheek and Barkley to include Bakayoko so that you'll say we have a midfield on par.

Continue grin

lol as in eh, see the way he is giving himself hope. shey we will play this Sunday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by id2019(m): 10:27am On Aug 07, 2019
Man Utd have called a halt to talks over potential transfer of Christian Eriksen because they think if he does leave Spurs, he would prefer move to Spain (@sistoney67) #MUFC #THFC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2019
ChristineC:
grin grin grin no sensible Man United fan gives a shiit about your crush.
since all he wanted was money, United borrowed sense. we have enough pants already in the team.

u mean like how Sanchez got 500k per week...
no blame dybala he was learning from the best grin
come o, why you na no put Sanchez on transfer list.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 10:32am On Aug 07, 2019
ChristineC:
some of you like names so I'm not surprised. his name sound good, sign him.
I'd rather have a hungry young lad.

do you know that you can't offer Eriksen any less than 4 years contract? this is a man looking for a last big package, is this a charity? this is a guy that's already getting slow and barely beat the first man from a corner-kick? an exceptional player in decline is fine once in a while for experience, not just another guy... do we really observe the players we clamour their signatures?
if a man like Daniel Levy is considering the deal and you can't read any meaning to the drama, then I can't help.
quick fixes, how well has it worked out so far?
lol charity? no be wetin you na give Sanchez. come on, spread the milk and honey. you need a CM, Eriksen needs a retirement package.

besides speaking of young lad, what is Fred by the way? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 10:51am On Aug 07, 2019
eph12:

How did KDB fare in EPL before he was brought back by City?

So many holes in your submit but I'll just rest

Like I said earlier, I really wanted us to sign Bruno Fernandes, maybe i am just making an excuse for the management team and coaching staff for not signing him. We definitely need 1 extra body in that midfield and striking position, but if doesn't materialized, the ones that we have here should step up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:52am On Aug 07, 2019
So Man City quietly signed Rodri and Cancelo with minimal fuss and little or no rumor, but Ed and his band of misfits will be haggling over a player for almost a month with the whole world knowing.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:30am On Aug 07, 2019
id2019:
Man Utd have called a halt to talks over potential transfer of Christian Eriksen because they think if he does leave Spurs, he would prefer move to Spain (@sistoney67) #MUFC #THFC
Good one. Now they're getting it right. It's time we started getting players interested in playing here. I'd rather have Greenwood and co playing their hearts out for either their careers or the club than all these overpaid guys that don't give a fvck.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:46am On Aug 07, 2019
afrodoc2:
So Man City quietly signed Rodri and Cancelo with minimal fuss and little or no rumor, but Ed and his band of misfits will be haggling over a player for almost a month with the whole world knowing.
And someone here said all big clubs have issues signing players when in all honesty, Ed Woodward has clearly shown he is incompetent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 07, 2019
afrodoc2:

Not really. The Rodri and Cancelo news have been out since, even before the deal was agreed thanks to Fabrizio Romano and Di Marzio.

The only difference is that Man City news doesn't sell as much as Man Utd and there's also a vast difference in fan base.

Cc patrickmuf

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:49am On Aug 07, 2019
Man United don close shop.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:51am On Aug 07, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Not really. The Rodri and Cancelo news have been out since, even before the deal was agreed thanks to Fabrizio Romano and Di Marzio.

The only difference is that Man City news doesn't sell as much as Man Utd and there's also a vast difference in fan base.

Cc patrickmuf

Also, City aren’t re-building. We are.

City have broken numerous transfer records years ago when they were trying to get it right. Now they only need a couple of signings.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 07, 2019
Same with AC Milan, Sampdoria, Lille, Arsenal, Leicester, Wolves etc.

The SkySports journalists have been following transfer deals on Europe's big five leagues and have been updating as it progressed, no special attention was given to Man United in that regard.

But, which link will you rather click or talk about?

The one about Dennis Praet to Leicester or Patrick Cutrone to Wolves or Maguire to Manchester United. Pick one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:57am On Aug 07, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Cc patrickmuf

Of course Manchester United news always sells but the City deals were still not as drawn out as ours have been.
Well transfer window will soon close and then we will know what to expect this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:57am On Aug 07, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Cc patrickmuf
The Rodri deal was without much rancor, that's easily one of the deals of the summer.
Cancelo deal dragged a little because it was a player exchange and a little cash. They have differences in their valuation of the respective players and that was it.
Can't we go about deals same way? And if you say Man City news don't sell because of the fan base, why then do Madrid nit haggle over transfers same way we do after all they're a big club with a huge fan base.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 07, 2019
Leyqute:

City have broken numerous transfer records years ago when they were trying to get it right. Now they only need a couple of signings.

Most don't care much about City news anyway, except when there's an opportunity to troll Guardiola.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:59am On Aug 07, 2019
Leyqute:

It's not about the price, even when we went in for Dan James, it took us weeks to complete the deal, good a thing no other club went in for him thus resulting in a bidding war.
We need to conclude our business in a more swift manner.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
Chrisus:
Man United don close shop.

Lmao.. i really wanted someone to assist Pogba and McTominay in that midfield, now i have to rewatch Fred's YouTube highlights of his time at Shakhtar to have hope in him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
patrickmuf:
The Rodri deal was without much rancor, that's easily one of the deals of the summer.
Cancelo deal dragged a little because it was a player exchange and a little cash. They have differences in their valuation of the respective players and that was it.
Can't we go about deals same way? And if you say Man City news don't sell because of the fan base, why then do Madrid nit haggle over transfers same way we do after all they're a big club with a huge fan base.
I begin to wonder. We are not the best in England, nor in the world. So what's the wahala with our own deals?

They are just incompetent, and take the business side of things too serious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Lmao.. i really wanted someone to assist Pogba and McTominay in that midfield, now i have to rewatch Fred's YouTube highlights of his time at Shakhtar to have hope in him.

Hahaha
After that please watch Matic’s Benfica videos.

I really want to be optimistic about Fred but it is hard. I watch him and it is like watching Mata play CDM.
He is small and lacking in power so you expect him to be fast and quick with the ball, but then you find out he doesn’t have real pace and takes an eternity to turn in tight spaces.

As it is our hope lies in having a stingy defence and a breakout season for a good number of our attackers e.g Greenwood, Martial, Rashford and maybe Gomes.
Our midfield will in all likelihood be crap and would struggle against most of the sides in the top half of the EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2019
afrodoc2:

Of course Manchester United news always sells but the City deals were still not as drawn out as ours have been.
Well transfer window will soon close and then we will know what to expect this season.

It's business, both clubs (Juve and City) are only reinforcing an already strong team and their fans are not on all the Social Media pages crying for new players which makes it easier to do business.

With much pressure to reinforce, clubs look to make as much money as possible from United because they know the club needs that player, not want. City are not under any pressure to reinforce, so the deals are sensible. It's a simple case of demand and supply, higher demand means higher price as long as supply is constant.

Not to mention the players themselves and the contract situation like in the case of Dybala.

Cc patrickmuf

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2019
GloryIsaac:

It's business, both clubs (Juve and City) are only reinforcing an already strong team and their fans are not on all the Social Media pages crying for new players which makes it easier to do business.

With much pressure to reinforce, clubs look to make as much money as possible from United because they know the club needs that player, not want. City are not under any pressure to reinforce, so the deals are sensible. It's a simple case of demand and supply, higher demand means higher price as long as supply is constant.

Not to mention the players themselves and the contract situation like in the case of Dybala.

Cc patrickmuf

This would have been more believable if Ed had any history at all of sensible transfer deals. All he has on his CV is a litany of transfer mishaps.
The more logical explanation is that the man(with his minions) is clueless when it comes to transfers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2019
afrodoc2:

Hahaha
After that please watch Matic’s Benfica videos.

I really want to be optimistic about Fred but it is hard. I watch him and it is like watching Mata play CDM.
He is small and lacking in power so you expect him to be fast and quick with the ball, but then you find out he doesn’t have real pace and takes an eternity to turn in tight spaces.

As it is our hope lies in having a stingy defence and a breakout season for a good number of our attackers e.g Greenwood, Martial, Rashford and maybe Gomes.
Our midfield will in all likelihood be crap and would struggle against most of the sides in the top half of the EPL.

To be very honest, that midfield worries me, but it's good to see that the defensive positions have been strengthened.

Having DDG, Shaw, AWB, Maguire, Lindelof and a DM in McTom is very good on paper. And seeing that OGS might put Martial back in his striking position gives some hope of rejuvenating his 2015/2016 form.

I expect Gomes to to have his best season so far, even Greenwood, without injuries ofcourse.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2019
Did we use to haggle like this during SAF's time?

its just because of how things have panned out especially during this Ed's govt. The way a whole is now struggling to qualify for CL! grin and still dont make it angry

Everyone seems to think/know we are desperate and would try to milk the club. Thats the reason simple deals drag for so long.

sorry i forgot. MONEY IS NOT UNITED's PROBLEM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kurupt01: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2019
BREAKING NEWS

Manchester United have turned down a bid from Everton to take Chris Smalling on a season-long loan.

Ole Gunner Solskjaer sees the former England international as an integral part of his defence, alongside Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6876) (6877) (6878) (6879) (6880) (6881) (6882) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.