Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8731808 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7259) (7260) (7261) (7262) (7263) (7264) (7265) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 7:47am On Nov 17, 2019
Manchester United are weighing up a move for Jadon Sancho in January. Solskjær has been alerted by the recent troubles at Dortmund. He is a summer target but the club have a policy of trying to sign players of interest in the winter window should there be a chance

-Jamie Jackson [Guardian]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:05am On Nov 17, 2019
CrystalTiger:

We went from Nisteroy to RVP and then to Lukaku...He's good but he's nowhere near ManUtd quality..I'm not sure anyone in his right senses critized OGS for selling, what he's been critized for is selling without replacement..

And your rant right now has even made it worse..How did he know he was gonna be a man short in attack two months before last season ended and still not put replacing Lukaku as a priority??..Ffs I even thought Lukaku just said he was leaving just this summer..
We've seen the truth bro. But what is united quality?
Person Wen don score goals in hundreds.

Forget story abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 17, 2019
purpleprincess:
Why is nobody talking about this? If it was a post giving a bad report about Solskjaer all of you guys will be masturbating over it and raining insults and biased criticism on Solskjaer by now. But now that it is a post that reveals the truth in favor of Solskjaer, everybody is ignoring it. The hypocrisy of football fans.

cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 17, 2019
eph12:

He was criticized for selling lukaku on this board by many and when we tried to explain that OGS crime was not in selling lukaku but not being able to replace him, many refused to listen.

OGS believed he could make Rashford and Martial better, a rookie mistake maybe, but when you have people like Lingard, Pereira, Mata as the connection between the midfield and attack, the job becomes harder.

We sold Messi Lukaku with 250 goals to his name.. it's a phucking disgrace grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ravioli:
Manchester United are weighing up a move for Jadon Sancho in January. Solskjær has been alerted by the recent troubles at Dortmund. He is a summer target but the club have a policy of trying to sign players of interest in the winter window should there be a chance

This is good news... with good depth, the club won't have to use the same set of players in 10 straight league matches like last season.

And subbing Sancho for James, or Martial etc. looks way better than Lingard for Mata or Periera.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
GloryIsaac:

This is good news... with good depth, the club won't have to use the same set of players in 10 straight league matches like last season.

And subbing Sancho for James, or Martial etc. looks way better than Lingard for Mata or Periera.
I swear plus we need a DM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
obainojazz:
I swear plus we need a DM

Definitely, McTom can't play week in week out, that's dangerous.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Definitely, McTom can't play week in week out, that's dangerous.
Not even that, I prefer McTom as box to box.. our formation should be
McTom...New DM....Pogba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2019
obainojazz:
Not even that, I prefer McTom as box to box.. our formation should be
McTom...New DM....Pogba

There will still be creativity problems... Pogba can't do everything sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ravioli:

For £120m? we could be signing another overhyped English player in Sancho. Their are far better and cheaper players out there, plus it looks like DJ has the right wing on lock down. The scouting team should get to work, we need a left winger, a prolific striker and a creative midfielder, maybe another good central defender with pace to compliment HM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
GloryIsaac:

There will still be creativity problems... Pogba can't do everything sad
Pogba plus our three forwards should be good enough... The rest should chip in once once

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2019
GloryIsaac:

We sold Messi Lukaku with 250 goals to his name.. it's a phucking disgrace grin grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
dubylhover:

grin you're in 1st page oo...baba o

grin

My best Season so far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Afz9095(m): 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

33..... Lol.
phucking liar. I'm sorry bro it was a mix up. modified
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2019
TrebleChamp:
For £120m? we could be signing another overhyped English player in Sancho. Their are far better and cheaper players out there, plus it looks like DJ has the right wing on lock down. The scouting team should get to work, we need a left winger, a prolific striker and a creative midfielder, maybe another good central defender with pace to compliment HM.
Dan James has looked like a real bargain so far, the board may not want to invest that heavily on another winger in Jordan Sancho.
I think it will make sense to strengthen the central areas first (if there's a budget) - chance creation and conversion - chances are coming from the right wing, we could use a fox in the box right now. Javier Hernandez will be on 13+ goals if he led our lines from Match day 1.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
ChristineC:
Dan James has looked like a real bargain so far, the board may not want to invest that heavily on another winger in Jordan Sancho.
I think it will make sense to strengthen the central areas first (if there's a budget) - chance creation and conversion - chances are coming from the right wing, we could use a fox in the box right now. Javier Hernandez will be on 13+ goals if he led our lines from Match day 1.
True that on Chicharito, that Haland dude could be what we need up front. He has the height to head in DJ's crosses, assuming he is good with his head.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
ChristineC:

Yet we let icardi go to PSG on loan when we could've gotten him for free
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
maik99:

Yet we let icardi go to PSG on loan when we could've gotten him for free
they obviously didn't want his baggages for good reason.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
TrebleChamp:
True that on Chicharito, that Haland dude could be what we need up front. He has the height to head in DJ's crosses, assuming he is good with his head.
I have not seen Haaland play but he seem to be some talent according to the hype.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
ChristineC:

I agree. Look at a team like Liverpool and point out one character there as divisive as Icardi? It's for the best abeg.

We need both talent and character if the new project will succeed. We've tried signing megastar brand names that failed woefully. We could have taken a short stop gap signing like Mandzukic for a year loan deal though if possible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
Really surprised no one is talking about how good Rashford and Daniel James have been this international break.

The finish from Rashford for England today was exquisite one touch stuff.

Really hoping they keep the form going on. Finally, Rashford has discovered his best position (which is also Daniel James best position lol)

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
ChristineC:
I have not seen Haaland play but he seem to be some talent according to the hype.
This is where the scouting team need to do a good job, we need a prolific all round attacker come january.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
DeadPresidents:
Really surprised no one is talking about how good Rashford and Daniel James have been this international break.

Really hoping they keep the form going on. Finally, Rashford has discovered his best position (which is also Daniel James best position lol)

Dan James on the right, let Rashfoed play on the left. I think that’s the best formation for Utd.

Rashford just might be about to change his fate with his recent displays. Hope his hard work pays off.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
ChristineC:

What reason can be better than him coming in and banging in the goals?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
DeadPresidents:

When they replicate that form in Manchester United Jersey we will be here to sing their praises...I think Rashford thrives when he plays alongside a centre forward who can keep defenders occupied.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 11:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
patrickmuf:
When they replicate that form in Manchester United Jersey we will be here to sing their praises...I think Rashford thrives when he plays alongside a centre forward who can keep defenders occupied.

I think it's worth noting that Rashford has scored 9 goals in 10 games for club and country.

That's almost a 1:1 perfect ratio of goals to games. Top class attackers have a ratio of 2:1 while world class attackers typically have an almost 1:1 ratio over multiple full seasons.

That's commendable in itself to be honest. Just needs to work on consistency and we'll have a world class attacker on our hands.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 11:55pm On Nov 17, 2019
DeadPresidents:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/w7HP15Q/ezgif-com-optimize.gif[/img]

Typically, the English are not known for producing flair players but this is an obvious exception.

Rashford's got skill, I won't lie. He's different from the regular traditional kick and run wingers that England usually produce. His inconsistencies is what is letting him down. play like Ronaldo today,switch off tomorropw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:00am On Nov 18, 2019
DeadPresidents:

I think it's worth noting that Rashford has scored 9 goals in 10 games for club and country.

That's almost a 1:1 perfect ratio of goals to games. Top class attackers have a ratio of 2:1 while world class attackers typically have an almost 1:1 ratio over multiple full seasons.

That's commendable in itself to be honest. Just needs to work on consistency and we'll have a world class attacker on our hands.
He needs to develop the technical side of his game, he depends too much on speed and shot power. I have seen instances where rather than dink the ball over a goalkeeper, he'll opt to hit it hard. In other instances, rather than beat a defender with body movement or a nice piece of skill, he'll rather try using his pace to get past the defender. He is young sha, I hope he improves and soon enough.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 6:56am On Nov 18, 2019
DeadPresidents:

He now has 9 goals in 17 games for united in comparison to 13 in 47 last season and 13 in 52 the season before and we are still in November. On course for a 20+ goal season, let's hope he can keep it up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by paafin(m): 7:20am On Nov 18, 2019
ChristineC:

At 19, dude's a bully but more direct, pacy and an eye for a goal. He's got a better first touch too grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 7:47am On Nov 18, 2019
TrebleChamp:
This is where the scouting team need to do a good job, we need a prolific all round attacker come january.
Our pirioty should be an Attacking midfielder with creativity not a striker who need service to score which we don't have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7259) (7260) (7261) (7262) (7263) (7264) (7265) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.