Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,133 members, 7,821,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8751658 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7366) (7367) (7368) (7369) (7370) (7371) (7372) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2019
I want to see us scoring some more of the type of our first goal yesterday. It's a template goal, the type City has gained notoriety for scoring. Isolate the keeper and slide the ball to the byline. That goal had four main actors:

1. Pereira who freed up space on the byline by escaping tight marking from 3 defenders and gave the ball to:

2. Mata who promptly spotted the space vacated by defenders closing down Andreas and then initiated a quick pass combo with:

3. Matic who was visionary enough to get on Mata's wavelength and return the pass that Mata quickly slid across the face of goal for:

4. Ashley Young to finish off. Credits to Young as the angle was tight.

That is City's prime attacking pattern along with the fierce KDB crosses.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2019
GloryIsaac:
It should be more about getting them to form a very good partnership upfront, rather than knocking one down to praise the other, especially when we've seen what Martial is capable of.

Club doesn't even have a good AM, so why not go with a SS upfront...
I share same point of view especially against teams that pack the bus.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2019
afrodoc2:

The same way they travelled to meet with Bruno Fernandes’s representatives last window and ended up spending weeks on the journey without reaching their destination.
They entered a boat and got lost at sea...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 13, 2019
DeadPresidents:
I want to see us scoring some more of the type of our first goal yesterday. It's a template goal, the type City has gained notoriety for scoring. Isolate the keeper and slide the ball to the byline. That goal had four main actors:

1. Pereira who freed up space on the byline by escaping tight marking from 3 defenders and gave the ball to:

2. Mata who promptly spotted the space vacated by defenders closing down Andreas and then initiated a quick pass combo with:

3. Garner who was visionary enough to get on Mata's wavelength and return the pass that Mata quickly slid across the face of goal for:

I agree with this assessment.
We dont need to do it as well as City but if we can perfect moves like that well enough, we'd be better equipped at breaking down bus-parking teams which has been our number one problem this season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2019
DeadPresidents:

3. Garner who was visionary enough to get on Mata's wavelength and return the pass that Mata quickly slid across the face of goal for:

Number 3 was Matic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
Chrisus:

Number 3 was Matic

Oh. My bad. The weight of the pass and the urgency was so unlike Matic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NLBigBoy: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2019
Is Ole still at the wheel?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2019
I don't think we should overstate the bus parking teams being an issue. Yes we have problems with them but losing points to West Ham, Bournemouth, Aston Villa and even Newcastle was not because those teams parked the bus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2019
Greenwood just won the UEL player of the week...

Good thing he beat Jota to it.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
MRTA7:
I don't think we should overstate the bus parking teams being an issue. Yes we have problems with them but losing points to West Ham, Bournemouth, Aston Villa and even Newcastle was not because those teams parked the bus.
Against those teams, you can hardly catch them 1 on 1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2019
Pogba: "Like I have said to a lot of younger players who have been with the first team, you don't know how lucky you are to be honest — take this luck, take this opportunity because it's very important — I told the guys, 'be ready'."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2019
Pogba: "I don't see myself as 'old', but I hope one day they [youngsters] come and take my position, my place, my role. That's how it is. I won't play forever — I hope they will become legends at the club."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:16pm On Dec 13, 2019
Farewell??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2019
adebayo201:
Farewell??

Japa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
adebayo201:
Farewell??
I don't think so, fam.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
Pogba don go philosophical with him yarns. grin

That is how we will wake up one morning to news that Pogba is going to Madrid without any noise.

But ordinary decision to just travel lasan grin not that they have met the representatives or a deal has been brokered. Na to announce the intent of travelling. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2019
codedguy1:
Pogba don go philosophical with him yarns. grin

That is how we will wake up one morning to news that Pogba is going to Madrid without any noise.

But ordinary decision to just travel lasan grin not that they have met the representatives or a deal has been brokered. Na to announce the intent of travelling. grin

The guy name never enter manifest for upper Iweka, them done announce say him go soon land Eko Miami.

Ed Wayward PR is premium abeg grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2019
adebayo201:
Abeg, is this how they announced for other clubs too??

Shey them no fit make transfer without publicising it??
grin grin

Ed PR guys at work again. This one is in reply to Liverpool capturing that Salzburg dude.
Believe at your own peril.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:48am On Dec 14, 2019
chidexxy007:

grin grin

Ed PR guys at work again. This one is in reply to Liverpool capturing that Salzburg dude.
Believe at your own peril.

Tor... I refuse to be deceived.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:50am On Dec 14, 2019
Ravioli:

I don't think so, fam.

E go shock you like electric.

Na which kind injury him get wey he never recover since?? I don already tell am bye bye for my mind sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 9:09am On Dec 14, 2019
I saw this somewhere. Abeg no be my writing oo

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2019
But but Firmino is the 'ultimate pressing machine' (Jim Beglin voice)

Jogo Bonito Jesse Lingard FFS grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:16am On Dec 14, 2019
eph12:

Against those teams, you can hardly catch them 1 on 1

Is that a counter to my post?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
MRTA7:

Is that a counter to my post?
Results are dependent on a couple of incidents, things are not isolated in football. What I stated was one of the causes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mystic1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
Been off this thread a while and I come back to same dumb Bleep analysis as I left here.

I keep reading analysis like it was unwise that we spent 130m on the defense and it was unnecessary...I’m like seriously? Did a human just type that shit? Combo of smalling and Jones were purely atomic bombs waiting detonation in our team over the years and hell were they detonated times without number. A dumb Bleep here also said the defense wasn’t the problem but just the midfield and attack. Hell did we have problems in all departments in this team and the easiest to fix was the defense which was rightly done, next window we focus on midfield or and attack. And then comes a decent bench. A good defense starts with confidence and hell were smalling and jones lacking all that, mag and linds partnership have calmed the play down and less frantic at the back.

And for those dumb bleeps saying Bissaka is useless, damn! Never have I seen more useless football comment in my life. Stupid online loud mouths everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2019
Watford are really sitting deep, let's see how Liverpool go about breaking them down.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by digz: 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
patrickmuf:
Watford are really sitting deep, let's see how Liverpool go about breaking them down.

Counter-attack and quick passes...

Doucoure should have scored though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
Watford is their own problem... Professional players miskicking the ball anyhow right in front of the opposition goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Look at the 2nd miss by Watford grin
Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
GloryIsaac:

They've missed 2 big chances already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2019
patrickmuf:
They've missed 2 big chances already.

It’s a conspiracy.

The FA instructed them not to score as a way of preventing City from winning the league.

LiVARpool SMH undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7366) (7367) (7368) (7369) (7370) (7371) (7372) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: stephennel(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.