Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,512 members, 7,865,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878750 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7494) (7495) (7496) (7497) (7498) (7499) (7500) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2020
Leyqute:

Nemanja Matic says you’re wrong.

I already told you that Pogba, Matic and Lukaku for two seasons ago.

Matic is a DM. Hope you know that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2020
Leyqute:

No arguments there. Mata created more chances than Pogba that season.

Ok.

Even last season, common sense says Mata would still.have created far more of played even 2500 minutes

2018/2019
Mata 1295 minutes 30 chances created
Pogba 3012 minuntes 55 chances created.

Based on simple maths, Mata would have cteated 69 chances if played same minutes as Pogba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
elampiro:

Ok.

Even last season, common sense says Mata would still.have created far more of played even 2500 minutes

2018/2019

Based on simple maths, Mata would have cteated 69 chances if played same minutes as Pogba

Hmmm. No, you don’t know that. That’s actually popycock. Moreover,

elampiro:

I already told you that Pogba, Matic and Lukaku for two seasons ago.

Matic is a DM. Hope you know that.

Pogba is a CM, Mata is an AM. Hope you know that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
afrodoc2:

True story. I gave him the OK doke, and japa str8.
hahaha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
elampiro:

Ok.

2018/2019

In football? I can't believe this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 4:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
hmm

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2020
Leyqute:

Hmmm. No, you don’t know that. That’s actually popycock. Moreover,

Pogba is a CM, Mata is an AM. Hope you know that.

You said that Pogba got the highest total in those stats. I told you he did that only because he played far more minutes. If all players were to play same number of minutes, Pogna would not be first.

This is true as shown by who is more likely to create a chance, etc per minutes played.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
eph12:

Elampiro fall hand with that statement.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 4:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
I saw someone that looks like Bruno Fernandes today at Jibowu

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
eph12:

If you were to write a bank or multinational company aptitude test, you would fail.

If you as asked if player A does 50 task in 35 appearances and player B does 25 task in 12 appearances. Who is more likely to complete more task or who is more productive between the two, you would quickly say it is player A

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
elampiro:

Ok.

2018/2019

Please just drop this argument. Cuz you continue to say more silly things the more you argue this thing. ( Not trying to offend you cuz I'm not in the mood for back and forths).

Apart from all the shocking things you've said before, how can you say because a player created 30 chances In 1295 minutes, he'd have created 69 if he has played 3012 minutes.

Football is not mathematics bro. Apart from that, all these fringe players you're mentioning didn't really even play tough games. For example, we haven't really used Mata this season. But he started against Norwich and created a lot of chances. I can bet he won't play against Liverpool. His next start might come against Burnley at Old Trafford. Him fit create 5 chances in that game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
elampiro:

If you were to write a bank or multinational company aptitude test, you would fail.

If you as asked if player A does 50 task in 35 appearances and player B does 25 task in 12 appearances. Who is more likely to complete more task or who is more productive between the two, you would quickly say it is player A

Why you dey do like this?

Is football mathematics?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:09pm On Jan 14, 2020
elampiro:

You said that Pogba got the highest total in those stats. I told you he did that only because he played far more minutes. If all players were to play same number of minutes, Pogna would not be first.

This is true as shown by who is more likely to create a chance, etc per minutes played.

Now you’re imagining things.

I didn’t say Pogba got the highest in those stats.

I’m saying it isn’t right to compare stats/min when there’s a gulf in total mins played.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2020
elampiro:

At a time, Harry Kane always started the season very slow but would pick up in the 3rd month or so and end up topping or being among the top scorers. Imagine how you would jumped to conclusion after 3 months. In football, 1 + 1 is not 2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 5:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
eph12:

I can. Elampiro rarely watches matches. He looks at stats which he needs to affirm his opinion. His statement confirms it. So if you want to keep arguing with him good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2020
Leyqute:

Elampiro fall hand with that statement.

Una no know ball.

That is how stats work. That is how all the reputable sports analysts compare which player is more likely to get a goal or Assist or create a chance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2020
Skipping 'em post like irrelevant
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
ChristoBam:

Please just drop this argument. Cuz you continue to say more silly things the more you argue this thing. ( Not trying to offend you cuz I'm not in the mood for back and forths).

Apart from all the shocking things you've said before, how can you say because a player created 30 chances In 1295 minutes, he'd have created 69 if he has played 3012 minutes.

Football is not mathematics bro. Apart from that, all these fringe players you're mentioning didn't really even play tough games. For example, we haven't really used Mata this season. But he started against Norwich and created a lot of chances. I can bet he won't play against Liverpool. His next start might come against Burnley at Old Trafford. Him fit create 5 chances in that game.

That is how it works in players comparison bu all the renowned sports media. You compare based on per minutes played to know which player os more likely to deliver. Not who has the highest total .

You no know ball at all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
ChristoBam:

Why you dey do like this?

Is football mathematics?

Go and ask the great analysts. That is how players are compared.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Leyqute:

Now you’re imagining things.

I didn’t say Pogba got the highest in those stats.

I’m saying it isn’t right to compare stats/min when there’s a gulf in total mins played.

The argument started when someone said Pogba got the highest in those stats last season. I thought it was you.

So I had to prove he did only because he played so.many games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2020
MRTA7:

I can. Elampiro rarely watches matches. He looks at stats which he needs to affirm his opinion. His statement confirms it. So if you want to keep arguing with him good luck.

Stats are facts. You have not watched half of the football I have watched in my.life.

Pogba was only highest last season based on number of games played. I have proven that there are other team members who were more likely to create chances in a game than Pogba. This is a fact.

You guys can't face fact.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:54pm On Jan 14, 2020
Inter Milan are interested in Tahith Chong and have met with the player's agent.

- Di Marzio
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2020
eph12:

At a time, Harry Kane always started the season very slow but would pick up in the 3rd month or so and end up topping or being among the top scorers. Imagine how you would jumped to conclusion after 3 months. In football, 1 + 1 is not 2

Go and check chances created players comparison. You would see how Ozil, Rooney, Silva, Mata, Fabregas were being comapred season after season. Those analysts dont care how.many minutes anyone played. Even Coogar used to argue here that so so player stats went up in some instance only because he stayed fit that period. And all the stats we used were based on minutes played.

No one said foorball is mathematics, but stats show who gets high return per 90 minutes played. This is the objective criteria
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
Oasis007:
Inter Milan are interested in Tahith Chong and have met with the player's agent.

- Di Marzio

Hope Inter will become interested in Ed Woodward soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
MRTA7:

Hope Inter will become interested in Ed Woodward soon.

grin

That gonna be the biggest Transfer ever in the History of United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
izzou:
I saw someone that looks like Bruno Fernandes today at Jibowu

Maybe na Fruno Bernandes we buy come think say na that Portuguese.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
Nawa o. This kind Bruno Fernandes deal wey dey take like 2 years to complete
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2020
elampiro:

Go and check chances created players comparison. You would see how Ozil, Rooney, Silva, Mata, Fabregas were being comapred season after season. Those analysts dont care how.many minutes anyone played. Even Coogar used to argue here that so so player stats went up in some instance only because he stayed fit that period. And all the stats we used were based on minutes played.

No one said foorball is mathematics, but stats show who gets high return per 90 minutes played. This is the objective criteria
You're obsessed with coogar. E be like the guy batter you on these streets
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2020
eph12:

You're obsessed with coogar. E be like the guy batter you on these streets

Coogar vs elampiro worse pass airmark vs raumdeuter. Dem fit argue for 10 pages nonstop on top say Rooney miss penalty.

No be small thing.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
grin

.... So it's no more Bruno, but Khalidou?! Ed PR at play again?! LMAO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
elampiro:

The argument started when someone said Pogba got the highest in those stats last season. I thought it was you.

So I had to prove he did only because he played so.many games.

But you agree that comparing stats/min without considering if the players being compared played similar minutes is the definition of tomfoolery?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2020
Leyqute:

But you agree that comparing stats/min without considering if the players being compared played similar minutes is the definition of tomfoolery?

I know what you mean by having a good sample. Sometimes even the analysts say players with minimum of 500 minutes or 1,000 minutes. But I never for once saw 2000 units

(1) (2) (3) ... (7494) (7495) (7496) (7497) (7498) (7499) (7500) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: akwesenana and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.