Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,186 members, 7,864,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:39 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8875597 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7511) (7512) (7513) (7514) (7515) (7516) (7517) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
Liverpool are not even playing that well.

For a team that don't create many chances we do miss an awful lot of easy chances, just see perreira ffs!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
izzou:
Maybe stats dey see wetin i no dey see sha

But there's no way i'll pick this midfield over that of Liverpool.

Its not possible

The case might have been different if we played McTominay to match the pace of the match instead of Matic. Secondly if we played Rashford to stretch the defence. Thirdly if we also played three in midfield. Fourhtly, if we played a formation that the players are used to. Bissaka and William at wingbacks are two inexperienced people for that role.

Remember too we could have gotten the first goal with a perfect pass from Matic to James, but James and Matial connection was very poor. Martial could pace as Rashford would do to enable James square at first time. I guess too you are aware the goal came from a fault of the defence. And something told me that Romero could have gotten a punch on that ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
obainojazz:
But when Kante held him.. He couldn't brush past him

You are comparing Gomez and Kante cheesy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
airmark:

Elampiro has a lot to explain about United's superior midfield's creativity after the match.
Meanwhile the goal was scored by a defender from a cross by another defender
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
eph12:

You keep on saying Trent but that's Robertson.

Mane drifts too wide to be followed by Lindelof. AWB has a lot on his plate marking Mane, Rob and Wjinaldum running rings there. James is offering nothing in attack and defense

Ooh, my bad... I dey parra jare.

The formation is weird. I don't think James is expected to track Trent all the way to our defensive third.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
eph12:

You keep on saying Trent but that's Robertson.

Mane drifts too wide to be followed by Lindelof. AWB has a lot on his plate marking Mane, Rob and Wjinaldum running rings there. James is offering nothing in attack and defense
Correct.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
elampiro:

The case might have been different [color=#990000]if we played McTominay to match the pace of the match instead of Matic. Secondly if we played Rashford to stretch the defence. Thirdly if we also played three in midfield. Fourhtly, if we played a formation that the players are used to. Bissaka and William at wingbacks are two inexperienced people for that role.

Remember too we could have gotten the first goal with a perfect pass from Matic to James, but James and Matial connection was very poor. Martial could pace as Rashford would do to enable James square at first time. I guess too you are aware the goal came from a fault of the defence. And something told me that Romero could have gotten a punch on that ball.
[/color]

If, if, if, if, if.......... grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=helEv0kGHd4

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
olabode89:

Are you watching this game at all??

Matic is the only midfielder that it trying the control the midfield with pressure relieving accurate passes. He has been one of our better players in the game.

Yes he has done well bringing that control and calmness when we have the ball. But without the ball is the problem.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
weedtaker:

For a team that don't create many chances we do miss an awful lot of easy chances, just see perreira ffs!
Lol that chance wasn't easy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 6:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
See as Wijnaldum dey drive through the midfield like say na training cones dey there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 6:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
AWB is knackered!!

Baba is gassed!

Dude cannot keep up with Robertson.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
cry

Norwegian Onigbinde should twerk this Lineup fffs! 3CBs is DoA!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
izzou:

Lol

Andreas sef fvvk up too

That one no be new thing.

But James suppose give am enough space to fvck up well well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
weedtaker:

I don talk this thing since. During the days of Binary FC but dem wan bite my head off grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
See Henderson Shot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
olabode89:

Ooh, my bad... I dey parra jare.

The formation is weird. I don't think James is expected to track Trent all the way to our defensive third.
Then who is?

You don dey mention trent again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
lmao!

Wetin OGS dey demonstrate??

chai... we don enter am today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
eph12:

Then who is?

You don dey mention trent again

lmao!

I weak jare... I meant Robertson grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
Wan-Bissaka is confuse. We are in total disarray.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
patrickmuf:
Elampiro, I hope you're watching the match? Can you see how effective Liverpool's supporting cast is?

They are a superior team by attack and defence are weakened by non availability fo Rashford and McTominay to counter their fast play. The fact still remain that the front three is their asset. They are very dangerous and so can confuse any defence.

Most importantly, a full back has again added to his creativity stat because he has a player who can nod in a set piece.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
AwB just dey jog up and down grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
If not for DDG, VAR & the Bar, this should have been like 5-0
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
They can't just hold the ball and string meaningful passes for once. This is the team is what elampiro say they is doing well?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
olabode89:

Even if he is being played as a fullback he has to cover Trent as Mane is usually on lazy ass Lindelof. It seems that AWB does the have the required gas tank to play that position.

How many times has he played there before? Ole tactics did not work today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
ChristineC:
without Rashford starting, Ole can opt for a 3-5-2.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - David - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - AWB - - Maguire - - Lindelof - - - -
Dalot - Fred - Mata - Matic - Williams
- - - - - - - - James - - Martial - - - - - - - -

there's need to stop their full backs if we want to leave Anfield with anything.

I told you these players are not smart enough for 3-5-2.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
elampiro:

They are a superior team by attack and defence are weakened by non availability fo Rashford and McTominay to counter their fast play. The fact still remain that the front three is their asset. They are very dangerous and so can confuse any defence.

Most importantly, a full back has again added to his creativity stat because he has a player who can nod in a set piece.
Even when we had Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Scholes and the rest, I don't think they has been anytime Liverpool showed us as much respect as we are showing them here. This is just sad.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
patrickmuf:
Wan-Bissaka is confuse. We are in total disarray.
I would be confused too. Who will he mark? Rob or Mane?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
See as dem disgrace Bissaka
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
Wan-Bissaka has suffered.

Is it about quality? I don't think so as I have seen smaller teams hold their own against this Liverpool team. Ole is tactically inept.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
Can we observe a minute silence for the repose of AWB soul after that “monkey nyash”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

Seem your Glasses have broken?! Coz no Tears anywhere, if at all you see Tears, it's rather Tears of Joy!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
Remove perrera

(1) (2) (3) ... (7511) (7512) (7513) (7514) (7515) (7516) (7517) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.